Thanks

I'm at a dead end right now...

After anxiously waiting for the last few months, my application for a grant got rejected. This was my way out to get a good education in art because art education here in my country is frankly dissapointing. I know its not over but I feel depressed right now. Now I'm thinking what to do, trying to keep my mind straight. I do not want to give up and stray away from the only thing I'm good at doing. But I'm hoping if you guys can give me support and advice cuz man, it sucks....

Thank you.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Same here actually, tell you what i did, i tryed again . afters saving and saving from small comminitons, i finally got enought money to take the trip once again, im leaving this december.

Whats your country anyways?

Thanks

Arrow

What country are U living in ?
    Is there a higher organisation from which you can get help ?
    You could move to a different country (well depends on your age etc. - but allways an option) .

Do NOT give up.

Do you need art-education ?
    There is a lot of things on here on CA & other places on the web that might be of use ?

What are your expectations of ur education ?

Just looked at ur sketchbook & its certainly good IMO.
    I think U just need to continue learning (Andrew Loomis instruction books e.g. or other) & show ur skill in other media.

I think in the end the emplyer is not looking for a degree but for skills - ideas - dedication & experience .. & maybe some magic "people" skills .

Just my opinion & comment .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamagim
    Same here actually, tell you what i did, i tryed again . afters saving and saving from small comminitons, i finally got enought money to take the trip once again, im leaving this december.

Whats your country anyways?
    I'm from the Philippines.

Thanks
    Hi. Im from the Philippines. My main focus is being a fine art painter. The kind of education/training I need is classical training( i.e., Atelier) which is not available here in my country as well in a lot of other places. thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohgee
    What country are U living in ?
    Is there a higher organisation from which you can get help ?
    You could move to a different country (well depends on your age etc. - but allways an option) .

Do NOT give up.

Do you need art-education ?
    There is a lot of things on here on CA & other places on the web that might be of use ?

What are your expectations of ur education ?

Just looked at ur sketchbook & its certainly good IMO.
    I think U just need to continue learning (Andrew Loomis instruction books e.g. or other) & show ur skill in other media.

I think in the end the emplyer is not looking for a degree but for skills - ideas - dedication & experience .. & maybe some magic "people" skills .

Just my opinion & comment .

Thanks
    Just one little advice: "keep going"

Nobody said it was going to be easy, specially for people who live in countrys that arent advanced or do not take seriously things related to art.( i do to)

Best way to handle this is to think possitive, you dont have to run, take your time and try again.
    If you have to wait another year, just keep drawing, devote your year to learning more about art by yourself, or gather money to go studying in another country. But wahtever you choose to do, doit with dicipline, if you are going to study art on your own and make serious advances you have to make some sacrifices in your life and spend 80% of your day on it.(IMO)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patdzon
    I'm from the Philippines.
    Considering the number of top-notch artists who came out of the Plillipines, I wondered for years if there was some amazing art school there that was a well-kept secret and unknown outside the country. I guess if you haven't heard of it either it must not exist.
    Mark Hannon
    Art Direction & Design
    Online Portfolio

Thanks
    Are there any artists around in the area that you admire? They might be willing to hang out and teach you. Aside from that keep pushing on your own, there is a ton of great info to find on this site, in books, etc. I feel like I am hitting dead ends every couple weeks or so.. just to stumble on to some new thoughts and ideas that push me further. Just gotta keep building and working on it. Or at least thats what I tell myself
    Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    Work 60 hours a week like I'm doing right now. Freaking save save save save cash, everything. Live like a pauper, save up your money, every dollar of it, and keep applying for grants, loans, scholarships, etc. Then jump right back on that horse and ride it all the way. You have the skills to develop, don't give up on it.