Thanks

Totally uninspired and needs help!!!!

Greetings, I'm new to this site and not sure whether I'm using the right board or not but....Hey ho.
    I'm called Lexx and I'm from England, 17 years of age and I'm in my first year of A-levels.
    I decided to take art and I am currently hating it. Along with the fact that my art teacher is a moody cow and hates any kind of art work which isn't Salvador Dali or something similar - I am totally un-inspired.
    Our first coursework piece is "Twisted and tangled" (interpret it as you wish) but I cannot think of anything original or clever enough to do I need help I'm afraid... I am open to any suggestions and/or artists who might help me.
    Ta v much

Lexx

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Let it flow, sit and chill out to some music you like. Sit and let it take you away and as you feel the flow let the pencil touch the paper and guide you but with your guidelines.
    Or go and kill yourself.

I would suggest the 2:nd, the fastfood resturants are so slow nowadays anyway so there is nothing to live for anymore.

Thanks
    why are you not doing realist art?
    Take a look at greatness
    SSG#10 is your party host
    I'm the standard of greatness and I'm your new hero, baby~

Thanks
    just go break something. distrucion is beautifull art.

Thanks
    Do you dislike doing all types of art, Lexx, or is it just this class?

I guess I'm confused.

Thanks
    No, I adore art... I am really quite good at photography too it's just this calss I hate. The tutor doesn't like your artwork if it's not to her taste... Which in my opinion is ridiculous. I thought the idea of art was to be open minded! I'm stuck... I really need some inpiration other than that of Profil.
    Plz reply
    xx

Thanks
    "Twisted and tangled" sounds like this is from an exam paper? Is this part of your mock's?

Thanks
    Sress can kill your creativity, just do something to relax and calm yourself. Then just draw whatever comes to your mind when you think of the project phrase.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    Start with a sound composition (Loomis has some good tools that lend themselves to non-conventional subject matter). Then look at the world around you with a critical eye (I imagine that may be the point of the exercise, anyway) and try to wrap those words around something in the broadest sense. That's one of the cool things about crossword puzzles: you need to think about concepts, not just strict word association.

For instance, a traffic snarl (vehicular or electonic) may twist around business and tangle up Britain's economic engine. People's relationships may be twisted by poor communication practices (IM's, chat, phone) and tangle them in confusion.

I think broadening your mind is the key to the subject matter. But whatever you choose, make certain you're using sound artistic practice in the execution (else we will tangle with your product and twist you around the alter of poor art).

Thanks
    That sounds cool to me! I get what you mean thanku so much for your help and stuff! I've noticed that I am really streesed recently and need to chill out and do my own thing... Ta guys

Thanks
    Chaos_Faery, This art class and that teacher may be just one of those sore thumbs you have to deal with (in a lifetime of sore thumbs). Since it is a class that you'll be getting a grade in you may just have to grit your teeth and go through it.

Seems the teacher is in the wrong profession if he (or she) isn't open enough to see and help you with your artwork. Just don't worry about it to much. Sit back do your thing and like Profil posted turn on the old radio. That should do for inspiration.

Bruce