Air Raid (pose only)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Air Raid (pose only)

howdy. Learning from my mistake last time, I'm getting the pose critiqued before i go ahead and add any detail or ink it. this is kalanni, dropping down upon a foe with her spear. C&C welcome.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    looks more like shes sitting on the side of a billiards table about to sink the 8 ball, corner pocket (and steal your money, too..)

from your original character design id say the body youve roughed out here is quite on the plump side in comparison, sort of like those veluptuous ladies you always see in the nude paintings of yore. that, and her lower half is quite disproportionate and disjointed from the upper torso..

might i suggest that the spear be held above the shoulder with her left hand, and below with bent elbow with the right hand? (if that makes sense). it would make for a more dynamic pose. also, you wouldnt get much power out of a strike like that, whereas if she hefted the spear in such a way as i mentioned, it would allow a downwards stab/thrust (death/severe boo-boo!!)

keep at it!

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    The breast area looks somewhat wonky. If this figure is going to be clothed, it is a matter of the shape of the breasts.
    If the figure is going to be scantily clad, or nude, there are some major mammary adjustments that will need to be made. Well endowed women's breast don't work like that. The left breast will, by gravity, be following its companion in gravity pulled direction, regardless of clothing, although some sort of bra support will somewhat minimize the pull, but will result in a type of "flesh overflow," still heading in a downard direction.
    The upper left arm displays odd musculature, and the hips and legs are poorly rendered.

You additionally need to work on your proportions. The left hand is about the correct size, but the left hand is too small, as are the feet.

Your anatomical skills are not sufficient for you to attempt a pose like this from your imagination...You either need to hunt for photographic reference pics, take your own photographic reference pics, or have someone model for you in this pose, and then do some detailed sketches.

I, too thought it was some bizzard billiards shot, and my first reaction was, "Hey, no sitting on the table, and one foot flat on the floor to shoot!"

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    le update. changed arm position to strong/thrust (death/severe) pose, thinned out legs and torso. thesres something not quite right about her right (left on paper) arm, though. thanks for the help so far.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.