Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

what grinds your gears?

Got this idea to rant about petty, everyday irritants from Family Guy.

You know what really grinds my gears? Street parking. I have to park on the street because my apartment building doesn't have parking. So when I'm looking for parking, there's always some asshole who takes up TWO possible car spots, but the prick was too lazy, or too damn inconsiderate to just pull his car up a little bit closer to the next car to make a little more room for a vacant spot. Prick. Another thing is when some dumb shit ass decides to park his car PERMANENTLY in the GOOD parking sport. Hey man, that shit ain't cool. If you're going to park your freakin car permanently, as in for more than 3 days in a row, DON'T take the freakin GOOD parking spot that's right infront of the apartment building. Park it further down the street. Don't hog up the good spot! Asshole.

And that's what grinds my gears.
    Last edited by CaptainInsano; October 14th, 2005 at 08:03 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    living in a town were there are maybe 13 other people who dig the same kind of music as I do grinds my gears. shows have been fucking dead lately. Everyone would rather be at some DJ night than seeing actual bands playing. Going to see one tonight, hope it doesn't blow. fucking jag offs.

Thanks
    Since you asked...

What really pisses me off, is when I'm at work, some dumb assed customer always pays with his credit card, and the second after i pull the card and everything is FINAL, the idiot changes his order. Thanks man, do you know how fucking much time you wasted of my life just because you wanted a large popcorn instead of a medium. And no, you can't get the large one for no extra cost. Why? Because you're an idiot.

Something like that...

Thanks
    heh we don't have "the permanent parker" problem because we have to move our cars everyday to the other side due to street cleaning. I hate SUVs. Hate them. I call them pigs on the road (or hogs). They take up twice the gas and the engines aren't clean, cause more severe accidents to pedestrians and other cars, roll over easy, block the road ahead of you, take up twice the parking space, they look meanacing, they are made cheap sold expensive, they appeal to the vain lizard brain (the status symbol of the new rich). There is a French saying "Gros corvette 'tite kekette" or Big corvette small penis ... I think it applies to the SUVs more.
    Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    You know what really grinds my gears? People on the train or bus stops who try to get on the train before everyone else is getting off. They'll stand right at the entrance and you literally have to move people out of the way... That really gets on my nervse...

Oh and when chicks wear superlow cut shirts, it catches you off guard and you glance down there for a split second and they get angry... WHAT ARE YOU ANGRY ABOUT!? if you don't want your boobies stared at, than cover them up.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    People who snort their snot constantly. In a movie. In class. Just get a tissue!!!

People who don't use turn signals.

Fat chicks stuffed into tight jeans, and their back fat spills over the top.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Another thing that grinds my gears is when I'm in class or working at the animation lab at school, and some guy's cell phone guys off and he LETS IT RING because he thinks his fucking Willa Wonka theme is SOOOOO clever, and hahahaha! he wants the cute chicks to think he's got witty humoriuos taste. Dork. Don't get me wrong, I think a Willie Wonka theme cell phone ring would infact be pretty damn funny, but to LET the motherfucker ring just get some attention is just pathetic. Just pathetic man. I personally have the Family Guy opening theme song on my cell phone, but do I let that shit ring for a good half-minute in class before I answer it? Hell no! You jerk.

And thats what grinds my gears.

Thanks
    Ignorance grinds my gears, the root of all problems.

Thanks
    My second biggest beef: People who don't signal when they change lanes.

Biggest beef: People who signal but leave the signal on FOREVER!!!

Thanks
    What grinds my gears?

My Dorm's rules on signing in women.
    Sleeping in a room with 3 other guys.
    Sharing a kitchen with 5 other guys.
    Having my food eaten by everyone after they bake out our living room.
    Having all my stuff smell like pot even though i don't smoke.
    Having every guy in here piss all over the toilet.
    Having my place so dirty i can't bring a girl over.
    Not being able to clear out the bedroom so i can get laid.
    Dating a girl who is so much a tomboy she doesnt send signals like other women.
    Other guys flirting with my girl.
    Being too busy to see my girl.
    Working in combination of having a full course load.
    Not being able to afford food.
    Finding my money stolen from my wallet.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    I'm going to partially rescind my above geargrind, the show tonight was fun as all hell. I'm not sure how fun that is exactly, but I had a blast.

But I'm going to tack on: girls who can't get their own damn heads straight. Seriously, the last, like, three girls I've been interested in have been so mixed messaging me its retarded. Going through it right now and I'm about ready to just say screw it and walk. This close >..<, I swear...

make that this close >.<

Thanks
    ugh! People who don't give the thanks "wave" when driving grind my gears! That space didn't magically open up during bumper to bumper rush hour traffic! I let you in!

Oh...and my biggest pet peeve... visors... why must guys wear them upside down, sideways & backwards??? And why the hell would you buy half a hat?? Half a hat I say!

I totally agree about the chicks who try to fit themselves into jeans 2 sizes too small for them. Don't they realize that they would look better by wearing clothes that fit them properly?? I'm not just talking about fat/chubby girls... I'm talking about skinny girls who end up making themselves look fat because they can't admit they're actually a size 6 instead of a size 4 or 2. For heavens sake, please get rid of the low rise pants! Ass-crack is NOT the new cleavage!

/I wear the right sized clothes
    //I'm not afraid of my actual dress size
    ///not ugly
    ////I wave when I change lanes - I am Canadian after all (<G> there's a stereotype eh? All Canadians are polite)
    /////slashes are cool - I spend too much time on fark.
    "Two things are infinite- The universe and Human stupidity... I'm not so sure about the universe" -Albert Einstein.

Thanks

Talking

4 that come to mind right now:

People who live vicariously through their favourite bands. Yes thankyou I couldn't give a shit about how Guns 'n' Roses packed a football stadium in '94 and I can't see how that makes you special.

In fact people who live vicariously through anything and do it successfully elicit bleeding gums from me.

But the top of the list is:

- Bands.
    - Your genius level IQ (no doubt calculated from a try-at-home TV quiz) that you apparently are too intelligent to use.
    - Your kids.
    - How historically significant your favourite artists are.

Guys who walk around with their collars up and chins jutting, maybe a few drops of olive oil in their hair. What the hell? Dress properly and see a chiropractor! My little brother went through this phase. The horror.

People who use words like 'gay', 'retard' and 'spastic' as insults. I mean, how intellectually bankrupt can it get?

You have an ipod, mac or something similar. It plays music. It may allow you to carry out rudimentary computing operations. I've seen some adept wranglers carry out advanced computing operations on these things. However, shake the packaging hard and you will note that no card falls out admitting you into the freaking Bavarian Illuminati! 'Think different' is a catch phrase, not a feature!

These are of course my petty concerns as opposed to the banes of my existence, which is for an entirely different thread...

Ahh that felt marginally good.

Thanks
    On the fat chicks wearing tight clothes...

Jesus H. Christ ladies. What the fuck are you thinking? Did you look at your outfit in the mirror before you left the house? Roles of fat hanging out on a chicks stomach and over her pants is something people DON'T want to see, NOT want to see. Get it straight there honey. I got skidmarks on my underwear, and you don't see me wearing my undies inside-out and over my pants now do you? If the pants don't fit, you must acquit!

as for the people uncourteous people who don't give the "thanks" wave. Fuck them. Hey farteater, I am stuck in Los Angeles rush hour freeway, where fools get SHOT on a daily basis on the roads for being assholes, and you didn't have the goddamn courtesy to even wave your arm for 2 seconds in a simple gesture of gratitude. I just allowed your dumbass to get into the open space ahead which I so gracicously bequethed to you. You know what? FUCK YOU! that's what. I ain't ever letting in another buttmunch ahead of me again. Because what do I get? I get nothing. I get NUTHIN in return. Not even a simple fucking thanks-for-letting-me-go-ahead-of-you wave. Mother fucker. Eat shit and die.

And that what really grinds my gears.

Thanks
    my gay art! that shit is soooo fucking retarded i hate it with a passion! omg

Thanks
    People who are unable to accept that bike's are slimmer and therefore can filter between traffic. It is not illegal in the UK, you are being rude and inconsiderate by blocking my path, I will therefore find a way of getting past, to the detriment of your vehicles looks or not.

People who beleive speeding is a crime akin to child rape. On a quiet country road the only person I'm likely to kill is myself and the odd sheep. If I wish to put myself in that situation then let me. Also do not criticise me and then drive past the local primary school at closing time in something weighing neigh on 2 tons at 32mph.

Generally people who interfere(sp?) with my life when they have no right or reason to.
    Cockney boy, but south of the river!

Thanks
    acuna: you should propably edit/delete that post before anybody reads it

Thanks
    Another twist on the "chicks not wearing clothing that fits" bit.

Women have curves. Most clothes manufacturers today seem to be unaware of basic female anatomy. Just because someone has been (dare I say it?) blessed with the proverbial hourglass figure does not mean that they should be unable to find clothes that fit! It is damned near impossible for me to find jeans large enough to get over my hips but fitted enough to stay there! Most jeans I have I can pull down without even unbuttoning them. But when I try on one size smaller, I can't even get them over my hips. Oh the frustration!

Another thing that I recently learned really burns me is when people dig through my trash in my apartment's dumpster. Just yesterday I saw a man walking across the parking lot with an old ratty throw pillow I finally found the courage to throw away and the busted plastic bag my new blanket came in. It's not what he took (if he'd asked me for the pillow when I was throwing it away I would have gladly given it to him) but the fact that he was digging in MY garbage to begin with. I have receipts in there! Old bills! Lots of pertinent information about, well, me! I try to either mark out or cut up everything important, but there's still that doubt in the back of my mind that I missed something... Just... don't dig through my trash! Spend the $1.25 at a thrift store and get a BETTER pillow for chrissakes!
    Melissa Renae
    Website // Twitter

Thanks

literally grinding my gears

#1 on my list and its so high up that #2 needs an extention ladder to reach it are sleazy auto garages and buisnesses.

My family have 4 vehicles and I try to maintane all of them. I do some of the work myself but some I can not do. With todays tangle of wires, car computers and fitting everything in a shoebox I can't even get my hands in to change sparkplugs .Thats not counting the knucklebusters and cuts

Bring your car to a autoshop and your quoted $110 to fix the problem. When you go back its $890. WHAT THE BUNK!! " Well sir the dim rod that connects the feeler hatch was bad. On top of that the kill switch that goes to the Umpa- Wumpa was worn out and you know as well I as do you can't drive with that" I want to say "Well, hows the stickshift up my___? Is that OK?"

Wheres my rubber mallet from teaching art class?
    Last edited by Bruce Pluto; October 15th, 2005 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks
    Safety in Numbers - One thing I hate more then anything has to be muggers, I was heading back after skating with my best friend when 13 of these motherfuckers decide to take there opportunity. To cut a long story short the ringleader was apologising like a bitch (so he wouldn’t go to jail) after the police got through with him, these dumb asses tried to mug us in plane view of a dozen witnesses and cameras!!!

Aidan my friend dropped the charges just so he wouldn't have to look over his shoulder constantly, man all this shit for a £5 note!!

I hope that fat fuck gets aids from a dead mans asshole!!!!

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Bastard racists/sexists/anti-semites who think I'm the same because I "look" just like them.

People who are so fuckin' retarded that they can't think in "non-car." I don't drive. I will never drive. I have never driven. So, you arrogant tire-burning fume-sniffing asshole, when I ask you where something is, don't tell me it's "five minutes down the road" like I'm supposed to know what that means or I'll rip your fuckin' lungs out through your rectum.

The idea that all food produced/served in the entire world has to be the same tasteless shit because somebody may "be offended by the original" real taste. I'm gonna kill the bastard that decided that bread has to be white and holeless, and have a soft crust and no taste...and don't even get me started on supermarket tomatoes...

Thanks
    i wrote out this full list of gear grinding and than thought to myself it was too much and that i should just list this:

everything that everyone does excluding my own, and a few other people's, doings.
    if that makes any sense.

Thanks
    "everything that everyone does but me and a few other people."

Hearing THAT really pisses me off, Sour...

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?

I copied/pasted Sour's comment, and when I posted, his original comment was different!

THAT really grinds my gears...
    Last edited by Ilaekae; October 15th, 2005 at 01:20 PM. Reason: addition...

Thanks
    i'm sorry, i had a huge list so i had to come to that conclusion.

and i edited it to make it look prettier.

Thanks
    You're trying to give me another heart attack, aren't you?

Thanks
    yes. that is my sole purpose in life.

and i am a hers, not a his.

look at me, editing again.

Thanks
    @Dan.v.D

Is there any reason why? Perhaps there's something funny I'm missing but I cant see it.

And the same thing about filtering apply's when riding my pushbike.
    Cockney boy, but south of the river!

Thanks

add...

Well..it's good to have goals. I like that in a person...

Edit: ...whether it's a HIM or a HER...

Thanks
    ignorance, for the most part

people who cant appreciate the little people

people who answer "yes" to the question "debit or credit"

SUVs, mainly Hummers. You're not in the fucking army, you're a 36 year old mother of 3, living in a white collar suburb town. Your husband makes enough for your entire family to drive their own Mercedes. You're not radical, edgy, or hip. I hope you roll your car on your way to your honor-roll kids lacrosse practice. wench.

people who wear pink polo shirts, collar turned up, sweat band on their arm, crooked visor/hat (with the sticker still on, of course), womens designer sunglasses, and a cellphone clip. They're constant douchebags, think they're better than you because they drive their parent's lexus and listen to the latest european beat track, and treat women like fith (somehow, the chicks love it). Yeah dude, you're the man.

penny pinchers

mtv

/vent

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by acuna_read

People who beleive speeding is a crime akin to child rape. On a quiet country road the only person I'm likely to kill is myself and the odd sheep. If I wish to put myself in that situation then let me.
    Dan.v.D may have been reffering to that. I dunno, but imo it seems kind of ignorrent. When I was a kid a few freinds and I would go cycling down country lanes. If you run down a child, I would say its on the same level as child rape, would'nt you?
    We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast