Art: matthew new work.im new here.

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

matthew new work.im new here.

hello there

my name is Matthew, i'm an illustrator and this is my first time posting work here so, i would like you to tell me your opinion and critics about my work.thank you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Welcome to CA Naydor

Very nice work!I like #1 & #5 the most.
    Keep posting!

Thanks
    thank you so much Polonoid...nice to be here!i'll do my best,same to you

Thanks
    nice stuff man, acrylics? I think you will improve by watching your values and their transitions. it will push your contrast and give you alot more depth to the paintings. also, start tweaking with atmospheric perspective.

Thanks
    @Vcoleman:thank you for replying to my requests,i really appreciate your suggestions for my work.it's important for me to listen to other ways that i can work on to improve my techniques .the technique that i used in these works are both combined acrylics and oils.despite that fact,i'm working with these materials for almost four years,so i'm still improving my skills and still try learning how to use better those stuff.you know,contrast,lights and most of all the atmosphere i want to create in my work.
    thanks again for your advice.

Thanks
    Really cool images & interesting ideas :-)

I agree with the above-above ... they are all very intense scences :-)
    I think the colourse need to be stronger .. more contrast .. or maybe thats just due to scaning/photographing them .. just a quick auto-levels under Photoshop ... will prop do .. .

Really good paintings :-)

Thanks
    @Poohgee:hello there!thank you for posting your opinion here.well,first of all,its not the scanner responsible for the result of the images,-its meits true that im working very hard to improve my contrast and color techniques.and the bad thing is that i'm not used to photoshop yet,despite the fact that i took lessons on it while being in my art school.well,im still working on it and trying for the best as it is a matter of time i believe for someone to detect his <wick>points and improve them.
    thanks again! really apreciate your opinion

Thanks
    here's another painting from a comic of my own.

Thanks
    Cool images, very dynamic. I agree with the above crit. If the problem isn't your scanner, mabey try widening your palette, and instead of using primarily tinting and shading for shadows and highlights add contrasting colours to push it a bit more. I'd love to see more in the future.

Thanks
    @K8bit:hi there,thanks man.yeah,as i said before these parts are the things that im trying to improve in my works.well it takes time and concentrating on these points.thank you for your suggestions and advice!

Thanks
    Love your work.
    Second pic though, are both arms meant to be spread out?
    If no, allright... If yes, the arm farthest from the viewer looks more like it is sticking forward, rather than be spread like the closest arm. This is because the cloth on the back of the arm stretches further than the cloth at our side of the arm. ...
    But otherwise, I like the pieces. I'd add more pure black to give some characters a little push to the foreground.

Thanks
    @zergaloth:hi there and thank you for posting in my thread man!well,as for the hands ,they were meant to be as they look in the painting,as you may notice even the head is bigger compare to the rest of the body-so i wanted all the figure to be that way:weird body even the way his hands are spreading over the wooden cross_something stuff.so i wanted this result to be somehow confusing and thats why i didnt give sush realism in the way the scarecrow looks.second,another problem i noticed few hours ago is that when converting my images from bmp to jpeg and changing the resolution the colours doesnt look that good now compare to the original stuff-and thats the reason my images looking some blur or not enough powerfull in the color-contrast section.ill try to work next works with photoshop to adjust the levels.
    i saw your work and i liked it,liked the clear line although i think that you maybe should concentrate a little more in the anatomy section.especially liked the viking stuff image and the black white under it.well ,see you again man!thank you for your advice.

Thanks
    I really like 1 and 3. The detail in the organs and arms is amazing. Very nice work all around.

currently going to university pursuing my BFA in painting. i take commissions. more stuff:
    @stealthnacho
    stealthnachos.tumblr.com
    stealthnachos.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Very interesting style. The first one is my fav I thnk.

Some drawings:

Thanks
    wow the scarecrow one is really disturbing, its horrible and i wouldnt ever need to see it again, but congrats for getting such a good reaction! nice job, it does what i think its intended to do!

Thanks
    @Stealthnachos:thank you man,the first one is one of my favorites too and i was working on it almost for three weeks.im glad that was worth of the time it took me to make it and that you like it.

Thanks
    @Wottan:thanks!the first one is one my best recent works and glad you liked it.just saw your works,nice pencils and i liked the guy who gets shot.

Last edited by naydor; October 18th, 2005 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    @Pocko:thank you man,the scarecrow was create for that reason.i wanted it to be that disturbing and im glad it succedeed its purpose .i wanted to present a stronge feeling of agony in the face of the scarecrow so it would seem to be in pain when burning down.but in fact,because of his <ill> yellowish coloured pallette i didnt expect it to be that scary in the end.from the beginning the first thing i wanted for it was to be disturbing.nice to hear it worked.thanks again for posting your opinion!

Thanks
    Naydor, these pieces are well rendered and you have obviously taken a great deal of time over them. You are definately on your way, but i have to say, your anatomy is way out. I don't know if you are aware of this but it is. i seems to me that you are learning your anatomy from comics? i might be wrong but it does not look like you are referencing from real life or anatomy books much. i know they are fantasy pieces but what i mean is you still need to reference your muscle structure and stuff. your work will only improve for it. trust me, all the greats were great observational artist before they stylised their work to comic books. if you wanna know specifically which sections and pictures i mean then i'd be happy to point this out to you.

Thanks
    @Sandmann

hello there,first of all thanks for taking the time to leave your message here.well,for the begginig,i took the most part in the amatomy section from the studdies i did in the art school i graduated,then ,having reached a satisfying level of detail for me in anatomy i started to take out some standard points in anatomy in order to create a different and more surrealistic,weird expression in my works which in the most part are indeed fantasy pieces.i take the most influence and examples for any research photos i find and dont use any comic books because i dont want to follow some others style and become in time lsomewhat like that.

i believe that the interest in works is found not in the excactly recreation of reallity but in what our minds can create.i find in my past illustration works which were created based to real models ,a sense of soulless feeling because that looked excactly like real photos and i didnt like that.thats why i use a weird <stradegy>in my anatomy section.find it more interesting,also many great artists manipulate their anatomy style and make it look more unreal in order to give a diferent feeling.i like that way.indeed i dont use many anatomy books, i find the influenceuse from what i see in real life were you can see some people who look so disturbed because of their genetic structure and i take out the feeling of it.also for the most part as i said ,i use photos wich i take by myself or photos that showing the non-perfect points of the human body.anyways,in the end its a matter of personal taste i believe.

thank your for posting your opinion Sandmann (my english are not very good..)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.