Thanks

Rag Doll Kung Fu.

http://www.ragdollkungfu.com/ for those who don't know what I'm talking about.
    Anyone else have it? It's pretty fun, and has absolutely INSANE cutscenes.
    Demo should be out soon.
    !

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here are my impressions after playing through the story mode (I haven't tried multiplayer or any other mode yet, so I'll reserve judgements for those).

1. It's very, very short. The story mode is less than an hour long. Much less if you discount the cinemas.

2. Speaking of cinemas, they get really old really quickly. They filmed a kung fu movie spoof as the cinematics between levels, and it's really just not very funny. And I love kung fu movies and spoofs. It's kind of like when a bunch of college buddies get together and they make a kung fu movie spoof, and it's really hilarious to them, but then they show it to anyone else and that person just smiles and nods and says, "Oh yeah... well, at least it looks like you had fun making it." Some of the jokes include such comedy gold as: Ninjas smoking giant doobies, a villian with an afro that yells, "Bring me his pubes!" and a character named Fat Bong. It wasn't entirely devoid of humour, though. There were a few moments that had me giggling. It was a good idea, it just wasn't pulled off as well as it should've been.

3. The gameplay is clumsy and complicated to learn. Despite the fact that it's quite a fast paced game, you have five limbs (including the head) that each need to be moved independently, and at the same time you need to be constantly moving your mouse cursor in circles to power up your chi meter. And at the same time you have four seperate meters to keep track of. And you're usually fighting multiple enemies, not to mention trying to find weapons, eat mushrooms, and catch butterflies. It's not an easy learning curve.

4. On a positive note, the graphics are quite nice and the atmosphere is fun. It's very charming and really makes me want to like it. Enough that I'll give it another chance, which is more than I give a lot of games. There seems to be a lot to unlock, so hopefully that and the multiplayer leave a better taste in my mouth than the story mode did. On top of that, the game is very inexpensive, and I think you should all buy it, if for nothing else than to support the independent games industry. I'd love to see more experimental games being released, even if they're not all successes (which, by their very nature, they won't be).

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    That pretty much covers it 0kelvin. I enjoyed the kung fu movies for the most part though.
    !