The Strip Joint at the End of the Universe
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The Strip Joint at the End of the Universe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Strip Joint at the End of the Universe

Ok - the idea is that it's an old cargo spaceship that crashlanded on top of a big rock. Some enterprising local have had the bright idea to turn it into a strip joint/ house. It's called "Green Rock Theater" because the rock it sits on is famous for some halucinagenic(not sure how it's spelled) minerals.

Still need some work of course, but I'm not sure about the lighting, and I'm gonna throw in some more stars at the top.

Let me know what u think... I'm not to used to work on environments.

Doing it for a friend. Photoshop.

And how do u spell halucina.......???

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

stoph is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hallucinogenic hehe. this doesnt read as a strip joint (not that ive been to any strip joint.. but still). the name isnt suggestive of its intent, nor is the nean woman all that indicative of whats to be expected. i would suggest that, given youve got such a great skylight thing happening, that you have brightly coloured beams being cast out. oh, i just thought of a good one (well, it sounds clever) - you know those cartoons that mark space-routes with little red beacons? well since this would the space's equivalent of the redlight district, have a whole heap of these beacons leading from the foreground, guiding the viewers eye along the imaginary path to the joint. maybe have a docking bay with space-hot-rods, a mixture of male aliens and adult entertainers hanging around the bay, welcoming customers to the establishment. also, think out of the box here, i mean if were talking aliens, why not have the neon girl with three breasts or something outlandish like that? dunno man, just trying to suggest some things to make it a little more interesting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess whoever runs the place would've cleaned up the wreckage somewhat, but I think it's better if you make it look more like it's a crashed aircraft by adding more cracks, peeled up outer layers and show more of its skeletal structures to reinforce what it is. Or you can have it go through the rock. Sorta like this:

Don't get me wrong, it does look like a crashed aircraft, but I think it can benefit from more crash details so viewers will go "yeah, that is a crashed aircraft".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know that if i had to walk up all those steps, i wouldnt have much energy left for anything once i got to the top.. And imagine walking down again after a few pints... ouch... lol. Nice tho.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the input guys.

Stoph: I hear what you are saying, But what you are talking about is a whole different image. Also -some more background info here - It's supposed to be located on a world discovered by humans. There has been no alien contact yet. It's located in a new settlers community - a la the wild west, and it has to be kinda lo-fi. I think what you are describing sounds more like Las Vegas. I think my friend was inspired by DeadWood if you know that show. But on the whole I think you are right that it could use some more "life".
    About the name "Green Rock Theater" that wasn't my idea, but still. I like it. I think that it more suggests girls with ten layers of underwear dancing the can-can or whatever it's called. I think that the name makes the setting more intresting because it suggests that there is a whole world that exists beyond the borders of the image. Of course - knowing the story behind the image makes it much more clear to me...

Jeri: Love that picture. It is weird that the artist and I have chosen that same angle and overall composition(unless you have cropped it). I am 99% sure i have never seen it before, but maybe I did and forgot about it. I think that wieving from a "flat" angle, gives that image a sort of symbolic/inconic quality.
    I get what you are saying about the wreckage. Actually I think that my spaceship looks more likesome old farming machine. Guess I was trying not to be generic in my design.

Last edited by cotta; October 12th, 2005 at 09:54 AM.

stoph is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    well, now that we have the bg info it makes more sense. nevermind my ramblings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet!

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wouldn't call it a "theatre," I'd call it a "Club," or a "Lounge," like they do here in the States to get past regulations. The titty girl entrance is a nice touch, subtle, yet eye catching.

I agree about the stairs not fitting in too well, but it's an interesting touch, nevertheless.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.