Hey, CalArts asks stupid questions just like me! Anybody take Stupid Question Class?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hey, CalArts asks stupid questions just like me! Anybody take Stupid Question Class?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey, CalArts asks stupid questions just like me! Anybody take Stupid Question Class?

http://calarts.edu/about/info/art2005f.pdf

Femme as a four letter word

Eye Candy/Head Game

Rigor or Vigor?

Parades, Pageants & Salons

Getting Your Shit Together

I just like going thru that class schedule and wondering what the hell are they talking about?......and is it relevant to concept art...or animation for that matter?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks the first part of the doument is focused on Fine Art courses and then later there are some communciation design (graphic design) courses.
    There is not even a animation section (if you take a look).
    Just open your eyes...
    For concept art/entertainment design you need drafting skills and you need to train your creativity.
    The first is needed so you can show your work and the second is needed so have something that you can show (thatīs just a very, very short version here).
    There are probably useful courses in animation that can be applied for concept art. Storytelling (for creativity) and basic animation (for good dynamic composition) can be useful.
    I just like going thru that class schedule and wondering what the hell are they talking about?......and is it relevant to concept art...or animation for that matter?
    They are talking about their courses, and I think itīs not really related to concept design (so itīs relevanceis not that big). And there is not one animation course in that list so again no.

If you take a look here then you could see that you are in the wrong section.
    http://calarts.edu/schools/index.html
    You are in Art. Character Animation (BFA) is in Film/Video

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.