Return of the pros

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation Return of the pros

As of late, we've seen some amazing and inspiring art from the guys who created this beautiful monster we call the CA Forums. While I've gotten as excited as a little school girl standing before Brad Pitt to see this art, I can't help but wonder where they've been in the last... year almost, and even longer in some cases. Please don't misunderstand me, don't think I don't know how busy everyone at Massive Black has been. This is a company that is exploding with talent and ambition. But this is an online community of sorts, and when your friends disappear for a while, you wonder where they've been what they're up to, and you miss all the things they did so well when they were around. What I'm saying is, that the sudden burst of posts from the pros we all look up to is bitter sweet. It is obvious that the posts are tools to draw more of a crowd to Prague, and I really hope it works, because the more artists the more inspiration the better. But I fear this will be the last we'll see of these artists once the workshop is over, at least for a while. But hopefully not. Take these words for what they're worth, agree or disagree. This is just one mans opinion.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,209 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I will address this now.

You are absolutely correct that everyone leaving their kushy jobs for nintendo, activision, ea, and the others, the crew really began to sacrefice their time. MB works late into the night on many client works. I can only hope that once all the works are released these next couple years that those who want to see more art from the professionals..mb and otherwise...will see that the sacrefice of time was worth it.

yes the guys are helping to bring the community together in prague. but you must understand that the funds for this go for things like the scholarships and the new tech we slowly build. it is for a good cause and it is for conceptart and the community. we are fortunate to be able to even have such opportunity for without their hard work, this communities support, and the like, we would have little success in making the dreams truth.

Conceptart.org will continue to see more growth. Massive Black is about to launch a new sister community to conceptart.org. I have been working late nights and weekends, including this one, to help put this all together. CA is not forgotten. We are trying to bringing together the best game designers and 3d games artists together into one big community...this one. I will be connecting all three communities together in order to form one of the most creative groups ever assembled.

The issue is that the things we are pushing for, as artists and as professionals, are much more challenging and time consuming than any endeavors we have attempted in the past. I do believe however, that there will be a continued presence of the people who formed this community on a regular basis. Sometimes life can get so busy that one can forget the things most important. I honestly believe this community to be of top priority for everyone involved. When the professionals are working and unable to post or find time, they still appreciate what is here.

On a good note, I believe that the distance of many of the professionals caused a new group of people to step up to take the lead. What the mods have been doing in the crit center and the others has been incredibly inspiring. COW always has inspiration, and everything goes so well. There have been plenty of great looking images posted by new artists. New teachers have emerged. For every FredFlickstone who comes here and makes huge impact, only to find himself busy, there is a DSIllustration that comes along and picks up the sword. I believe this place is being well taken care of. I am very happy about that. I hope we can continue to make it even better here. That is the primary goal. Always.

I should thank everyone here for all the support and assistance with conceptart.org. this place is much more important than any works a professional might post. It has become more than I had ever hoped.

Thank you all for being a part of this.

Jason Manley

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, it was obvious that the art posts of the pros were for marketing purposes for the workshop...but i interpreted it like good nike ads before the world cups starts

It's entertaining and no bad feelings about this...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ditto Fozzy.

This community rocks. It's like a neighborhood of artists!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The busy pros must inspire us to become busy pros ourselves!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,209 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    we would enjoy that 100% Slash.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for addressing this Jason. There wasn't a second while typing my original message where I wasn't thinking about how hard MB is working, so the lack of post is completely understandable. And the fact that much of the art you're doing can not be seen by anyone outside the company until release or publication. But that doesn't mean that I and I'm sure many others don't miss the hell out of seeing random sketches or sparks of inspiration you guys would post.

Ha ha, Fozzybar, good analogy. Believe me I'm loving every one of these Nike ads

And Slash, that's a damn good point. And believe me it's working.

Yea, I don't know how I came off in my first post, but no hard feelings were intended whatsoever. But I did want to raise the issue and see how anyone else felt. Thanx for the feedback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just want to thank you Jason and all the others who have worked to create ca and who continue to keep it alive. I personally am very grateful that a place like this exists that allows such like minded people to get together. I have learned so much from the people here and I am only just starting my career. You are an inspiration to us all and I hope that someday I can come close to achieving what you have achieved and what you continue to achieve. I wish you and everyone else at Massive Black all the best with your current projects and all that you create in the future.

Thank you.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    before i came to this site, i was confused and a bit lost with which path i was going to take, and even what my passion is. Then ConceptArt arrived. This community has inspired me too many times to count, and will forever continue to do so. I owe alot to this community for revealing to me what great art is, and how much greater it is when shared.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wuv CA! Despite my sketchbook gathering dusts for a long time meh.

Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That Dan Milligan cat has been quiet for some time as well. Where is he at? He always has amusing posts.

----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Milligan just posted stuff in his sketchbook 2 days ago.

I just want Kevin Chen to post something..anything!

joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman!
    Milligan just posted stuff in his sketchbook 2 days ago.

Thank you, I hadn't seen that, miss a day in the sketchbooks and you miss a lot.

b

----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plus milligan is in the Last Man Standing TD...

on the original topic... I used to get kinda ticked about not seeing more pro work but, i totally understand now... and like Manley said.. because of their absence newcomers have emerged like DS, Fellah (a.k.a. the human work horse and just an all around cool "fellah"), flaptraps, ban, alien (who cant speak a of english but, boy is his artwork HOT!), Oppang (who just post something yesterday), Bluefooted (with his amazingly whimsical immos), Mike Correiro (who has stepped up to the plate in a HUGE WAY), Hurricane (who has been blasting out some amazing concepts and costume designs in his SB), and to all the others who have stepped up.. Theres so much talent out there and I have a feeling we're just starting to see the tip of the iceburg!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now.. we just need hardcore pixxx to pop in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKECORRIERO
    Between non-disclosure work keeping you from posting ....... it makes it hard to find time to produce your own personal work sometimes.

last "personal" (and even that was for something other than myself) piece I did was for TD....havent decided yet if thats good or bad.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.