**ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL - Page 7

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice, I like to see something different like that, But... Why so much Violence?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your sketch of lyra is really fantastic , and all the other too
    very nice work

*Insert a signature here*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skivvy: first off let me say that I love your name, it reminds me of something a pirate would say Thank you for your comments, I am glad that my WIP can help people out,
    hpslashluvr: hey thanks Luvr. I don't know if I will go to the Workshop or not, depends if I can place in the top Ten for the Gilry TD, hope soo.
    Dakardaur: WOW! thank you. Thank you soo much! Sure you can bump up againts me. If anything you might get my stinky smell on you, heheh!
    crazyrussian: you must meet my Friend Arkady he is also a crazy Russian, hah! thank you, but Violence? hmmm I see no violence. hmm Maybe I was born angry.
    Idriks: thank you very much!

OK, Long time no Drawy. or no Showy a Drawy. So here is My Jesus Drawing I am doing for my Religious Grampa who might keel over sooner Or later, so He requested a painting of a Bloody Jesus and I do as he says, haha! I love My Grandpa!!
    Ok so Crits are very much appreciated or whatever else you want to give before I take this sucker to the Easel.
    I take too friggin long....oy!

**ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jesus that's quite wonderful

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Homysweetjesuslordofmercy ! It's a nice picture, Tiffany. The foreground is very good... How rude I am: the WHOLE composition is very good, well structured. Something look wrong with J.'s feet. Don't know, maybe something with the nail. Feel free to forget that crit.
    Nice Job with the Periculus !
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm Tiff...

I like what you have here, but I think you can improve it in several ways. Not sure if you are going for a classical style, but right now it feels like a "The Bible In Pictures" illo.

I would avoid cropping any characters for one. I would also suggest moving the Legionnare down and to the right so his head fits into the "Trinity" triangle you kina have going on there. The mourner on the far left looks like she's kissing the Roman's butt, so I would move her over to the empty area next to the cross. The three women to the right are nice, and perhaps you can manage another little triangle if you move the one up a bit as well. The clouds could really be used to great effect here in conjunction with the doves, so give it some thought (it's a rather still scene, and these could help convey some drama and power nicely). And definitely go with a high-contrast setting sun scheme. I agree about the foot as well, but I can't even remember which foot goes on top!

This would all take quite a bit of redrawing, so feel free to spray me with Uzi-fire for suggesting all these changes.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing this one develop.

-Balaskas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Tif, very complex composition and so many interacting characters, very impressive. I like the soldier's figure the most, you can make him look more to the opposite of the fragile Christ figure, if you draw his calves meatier, the whole figure more intimidating. The same I can add to the flying vultures, you can add the feeling of pain and suffering bigger by making them more vicious, with bigger longer wings. And my personal opinion the perspective of the Christ on the cross is not right. The cross should be longer and it's slanting to fast, I think, the Christ face looks to small being not that far from the faces of other people.
    Well, I add the same as others, please feel free to disregard everything and go your way.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Snowfalls: thank Buddy!
    Julien: thank you Mon Ami(right?) Hmm You know I think I can show the side of the nail more, maybe that is the problem. I will change it and see. thank you Julien. I hope all is well. and you better be sleeping!! Kiffe you! talk in a week.
    Chris: hmmm... " but right now it feels like a "The Bible In Pictures" illo." what is this, is this bad?
    I think anyway I go and what my Gramps wants is going to have a traditional feel. I see the value in moveing the girl on the right up.. Right now her head is tangent with Joseph's shirt hanging down(I think thats who he is, haha). So thank you for pointing that out,
    The triangle being made by The roman, Jesus and Joseph, I think I'm not going to do that, I 'm actually going to move Jesus up more, to fit the perspective better. The girl kissing The romans ass. Well I thought this too,haha but then I thought well if I make her much lighter in value you won't notice her and be pushed back. I will do a value study and see how it looks, thank you again for pointing this out. Ok last thing. Are you saying to move the romans foot over? hmmm I will fool with his foot and see. thank you Chris for you Crit. it is appreciated for sure.
    Sve:hmm you have some good points. I think I can make the Soldier look more tough. I think when I change his leg it will look better. And those aren't Vultures they are Transparent doves coming out of Jesus Chest, this is what the Roman is seeing after beeing sprayed on by the wound inflicted on Jesus.
    Jesus's head; I will see if it will be better to make him have a bigger head. Thank you very much Sve for your crit and nice words,

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Schweet! I wondered how you were going to be tackling this when you talked about it on Saturday. Is this going to be oils also?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

What up Tiff-dawg?
    Chris: hmmm... " but right now it feels like a "The Bible In Pictures" illo." what is this, is this bad?
    No,no! The image and color just reminded me of a book I loved when I was a kid. memories...

I think what I was trying to say about the Roman was that he might be more convincing if his pose was a bit more dynamic, like a WTF kind of posture with his legs spread a bit more and leaning in a bit.

Good luck with the drawing. I know once you start laying on the paint your all aces! Ah, my verbosity is overwhelming...

-Balaskas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cbalaskas
    that's exactly what i was going to say. The soldier is the weekest link of the illustration as it is right now. if you were toloosen him up more like in Chris' sketch it would make him more dynamic and aid in leading the viewer's eye toward jebus.

one more thing is the dove overlaping Jebus in the chest. it kind of covers up most of his body and blocks the area where the soldier stabs Jebus. and it blends in with the overall shape. if you were to move the dove to the right and have the wing slightly overlap the ribcage it would make for a more interesting overall shape. and the white of the dove and the wings direction would point toward the wound of the spear, subconsiously.

Everything else is money. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Tiffany, I found some awesome reference for your Crucifixion painting. Hope it helps.

"Morons have no enemies."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im really likeing how in the begining of the thread you maked only
    one caracter in each ilustraion, you have been increasting the complexity
    of your scenes every time you post, till this one with so many
    caracters interacting and with many tangents collidinig, I wish I had
    you confidence to make such a dinamic complex oil painting, RESPECT!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWE!! finally Back in NY, up and refreshed and away from the baby crying flight. yikes!

SF was soo awesome!! Man I love that place soo much.SOO much good food!

Anyway.. thank you all for takeing the time to crit Jesus,

Ben: thank you man. It was nice seeing you at AOL. I was really surprised when you brought up Julien. I was like how does this guy know Julien, haha! Anyway I wish I could have hung with you at Dan's place I hope it was fun. And I know it was you who jumped at the thing I sent you guys, hehe! mwaa haa!

Chris: I am likeing this new pose, but not too sure if I want it to be so extreme, I don't know maybe, hmm yeah ok I can see it. thank you again for the crit. you are helping me a lot! thank you!

Arkady: Hmm ok I think that will work, moving the dove. Thank you sir.!

Angel: Oh! man! your a dork!

Max: Thank you man! I think I was being safe for a long time, and now my Gramps and Loomer are pushing me to do a bigger scene. Thank you for your respect, makes me feel good, thank you!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tiff--

I figured it was you (your "I'm not that graceful in real life" thing was BS, by the way) when I saw you, but since introductions were awkward at best, I figured the comment about Julien would get your attention. It obviously worked!!
    I was sad we couldn't do more to hanf. I'll just have to make my way down to NYC and hang with you guys again. (Or you'll have to make it up to CT, since you're really not far.) I didn't make Dan's on Sunday. Actually, I never heard "official news" whether anything was going on, so if that's what you're talking about, I wasn't the one jumping!! Haha! I was sorry I missed you guys at Rob's buddies place. Could have been fun, but I get the pull of dinner with the pros.
    Now show me some Jesus progress!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    poise,
    really liking where you're going with this.
    i disagree though with cbalaskas about the triangle idea with Jesus and the two figures just below him.
    i think to do that would make the composition too predictable.

one thing i did notice though, is that the person's clothes in the lower right is looking like another hood in the extreme foreground.

i agree though with cbalaskas and amishcommy about the soldier's pose being the weekest part.
    a more bent over pose could work, but i was wondering if it'd be more interesting to have the soldier sitting with his back to Jesus with his spear leaning on his shoulder still pointing up to Jesus' face/ the focal point.
    just a thought.

loving where you're going though and like already mentioned, it'd be great to keep the colors very sad and moody.
    dramatic sunset with dark clouds getting some nice reflected light on the bottoms of them or something like that.
    (at least that's my vision for it)

can't wait to see it completed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...amazing wrk mate....sry i posted me elf back there on page 3 lol....would have found it pretty funny me-self

Shake The Pillars Of Heaven!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i freakin adore the Jesus img. its so stunning! and i've never been in this thread before, you have totally pounded me to the ground with your brilliant paintings! gosh your WIPs are 230948203948 times better than me and i love that because i can learn from you. mwahha

i want to see that finished piece for your gramps! and send me a copy in the mail to! lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing work. nice composition. twas definately cool meting you at comci con, i was that young kid with glasses btw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Elves -- character crit

Love the concepts, but have a few observations:

— Female: I love the irony of her victorian-esque portrait as she is adorned in battle-gear.
    — I first noticed the upper skull area (from eyes up) the face is tilted down (sideways) but facing frontwards. The lower part of her face is turned up and slightly turned away. Her left cheek, right to us, is too low. Thus, your frustration about the face.
    — The garments don't fold or lay quite right at the bottom, it looks like she's levatating.
    — I would have preferred another pose showing more motion...but that's just me.
    — LOVE that she has no hair!

— On the male, he looks...well, he's not intimidating. Motion & pose should solve that. But as it stands, he looks passive and gangily for a warrior.
    — I like the thoughts of Polynesian-style battlewear.
    — If this warrior fights for the Queen (female elf illustrated) their garments do not convey they are from the same tribe.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.