Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    wait, how did you manage to do those painstaking designs on her dress?
    geez, phonomenal job on details.
    I still would've like it to be a bit more shiny, but you can't satisfy everyone.
    well done.
    Don't touch me!!!
    your not my priest!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ouch ! Ouch !
    Hi, Poise ! Nice stuff... no, WONDERFULL stuff. My only crit is concerning the pleats of her dress. I find its too "smooth", comparing to the armor, the face. Anyway, it's a good work, well done.
    Cheers !
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    great work..
    i think the ear one the painted chick in your first post looks detached.. it has way more red in it than the face.
    put more of the skin tone near the connection so it slowly flows into the trnslucent ear red.
    also i'd recommend to use simpeler strokes. get that right then go on to detailing fase..

i love your pencils.. wish i could do that.. .. good job on those and not really crits on those, maybe just that i see dark spots here and there where i wouldn't expect them.. they distract the eye and kinda break it appart. also the shading could use more thought.. it has some weird spots here and there..
    cheers,
    wi2

sketchbook

Thanks
    Holy shit.. where have it been??? i feel like I got lost in the twilight zone or something... remember what i said about chicks.. Scratch that your awesome... holy shit.. like really awesome... i keep on trying to see that painting on the top of the page but, i see nothing... you have a markoish sorta style of drawing, which we all know is an excellent thing.... man.. i gotta check in here more often... and btw- I wouldnt worry too much about getting a job... your well on your way.. oh and another thing congrats on yuour nephew... oh, and one more thing that other artist chick I was telling you about is Celia Calle...
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    posted new WIP on the top of page 1.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    ahhh!
    you're done!
    STOP!
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Thanked 16,687 Times in 5,023 Posts
    I don't know that you're totally finished, but you are a lot closer than you think.

Someone to check out, if you aren't already familiar (and reacquaint yourself with if you are):
    Charles Vess

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    what are you talking about? I'm done with what? the second painting?
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    I think it looks great Tiffany....the textile designs on the dress really enhanced the picture, and was very appropriate to the character. I've been looking at it, and can't find anything to crit. Lovely -

- can't wait to see the next one, you talented mofo
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Do you guys think I overworked the first one, or should I have done it more in a watercolor style, is that what direction you think will fit my drawing better? I'm really confused at this stage for some reason. I do think I need to work more on the second painting because there is more I want to do with it. I don't know which way I should go with my rendering style. I like that guys work you mention Elwell, and I like Claire Wendling's work, but I'm just stuck because I like the painterly look as well. I kinda want to fuse both of those together, I'm just sorta stuck right now and don't have a distinct rendering style. tell me what you guys think. I think you already are, but I need to hear precicely what I'm doing wrong?
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    I personally love how you did the first one...she looks regal, proud, and precise, which is exactly how you rendered her. Gave her a very majestic look, which is not out of place at all. = )

There is no reason, though, that you can't experiement with different styles on the same image! I do lots of different renditions on the same images b/c I have trouble making up my mind. Do a bunch of different versions that express the styles you want to express, lay them out in front of you, and see if there is a way you can fuse them, even if it's just a little bit. Worse case scenario, you still got a lot of practice.

you're my hero. ; )

Thanks
    tiffany- i totally understand where you are coming from. When I decided to redo my entire portfolio I was kind of at a similar crossroad. I kind of went in there trying a few things, and after awhile something just felt right. Everytime I do a piece I feel I am one step closer to developing my artistic voice.
    You can kind of tell when you are forcing something...or it feels unnatural. That doesn't mean that this style isn't for you....but if you don't know keep at it. Things will fall into place if you work hard enough to push them there.

I like this piece a lot...It is different than the "afro chick" piece that I associate with you...but I feel your personality comes through in both.
    If you like Charles Vess, I recommend these guys:
    Edmund Dulac
    Arthur Rackham
    Heath Robinson
    Ivan Biblin

I also think at a point you shouldn't be asking us what you are doing wrong. I don't feel anyone should tell you what style you should work in...trust your gut. That's obviously a personal opinion...but I must voice it for the sake of your craft! I'm an ass...sorry
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    i think your drawing is sooo solid, that it doesnt need a lot of paint to explain things.
    thats the point of painting, to develope ideas, not to clutter them.
    let that drawing show through.

you can still achieve color and atmosphere without a bold painterly look.

personally, if i were hitler... and i could make you do what ever i wanted...
    i would make you paint more like this guy:
    http://www.fantasyweb.idv.tw/yilu/ga...m/1/index1.htm
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    I love that last character as is. It looks to me like she's caught in a blast of wind from behind her so the hair doesn't bother me at all and I like her proportions. I never mind if a female character looks slightly manly - especially since she's sort of bestial anyway, it seems ok. I love the thrust of her body - there's so much energy there. There might be issues with the far arm, but I dont' see much wrong with the near one.

Thanks
    posted new WIP at top of page 1
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast