Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bdfoster: Thank you man! yeah mmm the Dog is in fact a little concerned. But he is in the midst of getting her attention, same with the man in the background. They are yelling to come back to the sleds because they are getting ready to leave.
    But I am changing her eyes from freaked out to Tranced , that is originally what I wanted. It is subtle I know, but I felt is was overpowering with her eyes looking freaked and gave a much different feel to the piece against what I originally wanted. Thanks for the asspats my friend. You will get to the way you draw things over time, I am still learning, and I have realized this is going to be with me my whole life, learning and such. It is kind of like a really good friend that just told you they will be with you untill you die.
    thanks for stopping by and giveing crits, and the nice words.

Main Loop: hahah! I will have to do that, it will be the tribute to Barbara drawing. thank you for the props. I feel like I have more time to do what I want to do with my artwork. NY is cool, I have met a lot of really cool people here, most of them are CA folks, haha! But NY is no SF in the food department, at least where i live now, it is a suburban town/boreing. I miss SF and it's streets. How is school? are you almost done? Thanks for stopping by here and tell anyone I know over in the SF I say HI!

Tad: thanks man! They are all personal portfolio peices.

Sveta: You always give me such beautiful well thought out posts, and you pin point what I am thinking. I am VERY glad you stopped by,
    and the analogy of the whiteElve having elephant's feet to keep him down is perfect. when I think of elves or certain kinds of elves, I feel they are always light footed, I get this idea from Tolkiens book the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. I do take time to think out what I draw or paint very often. In some ways I feel this hinders me, but in other ways I always come out close to what I imagined. I need to get faster at this, that is one of my weeknesses.
    Thank you Sveta for all your nice compliments, and when I get a bit of time I will post all the close-ups for you.
    Fur definitely is a comfort for me. I miss all my animals back home sooo much,
    thank you again Sve!

Fellah: AH! man thanks for stopping by and thank you for the kind words.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone. a Drawing I am working on. Going to ink it or do an oil painting of it, not sure. Crits are welcome. Anything I can do to make the composition stronger. sorry for the Lack of posts. I have been working on a painting. Here is a teaser of the painting. almost done, maybe in a week I will be done. takeing tooo long.
    ok some work from my slow ass,
    **ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OH WOman!!!!! I'm thinking of inviting myself over (to pick up my poopy painting) this sunday just so i can check out the Lyra piece up close. HOT!!!!
    post more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hot Dawg!! (And not Redelhart's COW!) That's looking damn fine! Oils? I love the little detail teaser....

Can you give a little background of what you're going for with the most recent drawing. It looks like a really fun piece, but before I offer any commentary I'm curious to hear what you're thinking is thus far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmm. hehe! thanks guys.
    I am thingking with values, Woman dark, except her face, Tree Gray, Mushroom dudes or whatever they are, ahah, white, modeled, with a gray Gradient coming from the bottom. And I am thinking a magenta and blue with yellowish green accents, Maybe stuff glowing. mmm.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha- Thanks Tiff. I actually more meant "What's the story you're trying to tell?" (though your comp ideas help give me an idea as well.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    weeeeeee - that teaser looks sweet, poise!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh!
    It's really whatever You want to think. I was thinking she was mother nature nymph, with all her forest children. It was based off this doodle i did a while Back, and Amishcommy said He wanted to see that made into an illustration, sooo this is it. It was also a relaxing drawing session,

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    about that new sketch - is that a crop of it or the whole composition? i'd like to see her hands and more detail in the headdress (and dont crop that either).

remeber, RPG places are suckers for intricate details, so don't crop them out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The teaser looks lovely, poise .Very likeable face, I like to look at it. If you want some spoiling fun comments, I can add that freckles look a bit sinister because of the size and darkness. Kind of have a negative associations, if you care about such a unimportant little things. The golden freckles would be lighter on feeling. Otherwise I think it's a beautiful.

The Mother Nature, well, I'm kind of hesitating to interfere with your vision. I'll just add that my association with this character is that is has no boundaries and limits, no restrictions, that it's overwhelming. She can be strict and cruel and uncontrollable, but can be gentle and soothing. She can gives a lot and takes a lot. Her main features are richness and variety, So huge trees, healthy foliage of all kind of shapes, wind, sun, dirt, animals, birds, rocks, everything could look at us from the piece.
    So my point is I see the painting bigger and including more in it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, T.
    Great teaser, really ! Can't wait to see more... in the Finish section !
    The second pic... Wow ! I like the mood of it. I think ink stuff will be fine for it. Like the good ol' illo from the Victorian era. Or this amazing artist: Bluefooted. Just my personal taste. Hope you'll have fun with it. I have fun myself by looking at that cool concept.
    Yo, T. You just rock !
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all .. Wow SPECTACULAR work. I dont care that you dont update much but its all worth it in the end! Second of all.. your illustration of lyra (which is breath taking) is she not the character of Phillip Pullman's Dark Material Trilogy, Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by poise
    **ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL\
    HOOOOO!
    THAT looks GREAT!
    show more.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Poise,

Your teaser made my day. Too damn good. Can't wait to see the finished painting in it's entirety.

-Rob

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow super impressive Tiff... Keeping on rocking girl!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow these are amazing. your drawings show so much character and life to them. very enjoyable to look at, and you rock even more because of the tut's.
    thanks abunch!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWWW c'mon ! That's gonna be a winner. I can tell already. Finish it soon..I can't wait to see it!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Thanked 16,679 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a teaser of the painting. almost done, maybe in a week I will be done. takeing tooo long.
    Take your time. It's obvious that you're handling the paint is a more methodical, deliberate manner than you sometimes have in the past, and it's paying off. Speed comes with experience... or it doesn't, in which case it's still time well spent.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell
    Take your time. It's obvious that you're handling the paint is a more methodical, deliberate manner than you sometimes have in the past, and it's paying off. Speed comes with experience... or it doesn't, in which case it's still time well spent.
    methodical. i was there painting right next to her for 2 days and all she got done was a dog and some of Lyra's coat. She was mixing the paint for the coat for over an hour. Methodical is an understatement

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahah! shut up Arkady. I am learning like Elwell says, haha! geez I'm slow. Maybe I will get faster. Of course it has been months till I actually started an old painting, so I need to get back into the flow. haha I'm totally makeing excuses for myself, what a dorkasss. haha!

Thank you everyone for your comments , and crits. It helps to know that things are working, from what you can see of my tiny teaser. And a lot of help with the crits for the drawing, thank you again everyone!!

A few Q answered ..
    Wandering: yes this is the Character form Golden Compass.
    Dan: You will see it in it's full Glory soon, because you my dear man, YOU will show me your tricks of Photography. That is if you are still able too. I hope so

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i lost over 300+ subscriptions when i got my ass banned so here i am starting from scratch - hows the Lyra painting going?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,679 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishCommy
    She was mixing the paint for the coat for over an hour.
    That's my girl. Time and thought spent on the palette pay off on the canvas.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, im not worthy to be on these boards. Every artwork in this thread is nothing short of amazing. It's inspiring and off putting all at the same time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arkady: almost done, in a few days I estimate. whoo Hoo!
    Elwell: Thank you for the support Tristen, makes me feel better.
    TangLung: I know exactly how you feel. But you ARE worthy.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this the place for elves?

Shake The Pillars Of Heaven!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL!!!!!
    No ForrestGump this isn't the place to post Elves, haha! It is actually my own WIP(work in progress) thread.
    It cool though . But I definitley wasn't expecting that. It made me laugh with surpised glee

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love your style poise, you keep anatomy nailed yet take a few liberties where needed, very interesting, and the processes help us all out, thanks for that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol i thought you painted that elf for fun at first >.<

anyways, your sketches are amazing. that teaser post of your painting really makes me want to see the rest of it now

are you going to the workshop? if you are, hope to see you there. :love:

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Julien: here is the Golden Compass Drawing I've been working on, next paint, but in oils, not photoshop,

Patch: Thanx Man!!

OrozcO: Thank You!!

Here is the Drawing for the next painting I'm working on, any Crits. are appreciated, but I think I'm pretty set except for a few things, Fresh eyes are always helpful though,

ok so I changed some things like here eyes looking glazed over, but that won't really be super obvious untill I paint it. I moved down the mountains, and pushed in the guy calling for Lyra in the background.

**ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL **ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL
    Can I bump against you a couple of times to see if some of your skill will rub off on me? Or maybe transfer itself onto me by osmosis? lol
    I'm in love with your work.
    Inspirational, don't you know.

"The challenge of creativity, as far as I'm concerned, is to move towards the greatest thought you can think of."
    --Braxton

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.