**ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL - Page 3

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: **ELVES**painting characters from last week!** NEW WORK! + TUTORIAL

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations on the new nephew, Poise!

And Congratulations on the efforts you are putting into this thread.
    Your style is captivating and intriguing, and your linework is great.
    This is becoming one of my favorite threads to see updates on.
    Keep up the fantastic work!

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love everything here. There's nothing else to say. Your just plain too cool for school.

currently going to university pursuing my BFA in painting. i take commissions. more stuff:
    @stealthnacho
    stealthnachos.tumblr.com
    stealthnachos.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    posted painting at top

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    See it ! Looks nice already, love the tones ! It's digital ? Ho and congrats for your sister !

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Tiffany,

Can you post a close up of the face? it looks good to me as it is. I love the green background reflecting on her skin. and the hint of hair and the red of the ear is great too. I would say pull some of that red of the ears into the face (maybe the nose area) and then leave it alone and move on to the armor. the reflection you'll have on it will affect the colors of the face as well, and it would be a shame to do a ton of work in the face and then have to change it all becasue it does not work with the armor.

oh man, if this is a preview of things to come then i can't wait til you get to the last one you posted.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Tiffany,

Remember Dan's advice. Let the drawing work for you. You're starting to overmodel and loose the drawing in the face.

P.S. Congrats on the new nephew!

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    tiff,
    listen to elwell's advice!

the mouth has lost something already, maybe the little curl on our right?
    she looks like my ex-girlfriend now.. always pouting!

also,
    the green bg is really working well.
    try to bring some of those greens into the shadow areas.
    remember, the only thing that allows us to see any detail at all in the shadow is reflected light...
    reflected green light in this case.
    bring some of that bg color into the figure will add a nice harmony.

looking good though!
    is this digital?
    (thats unusual right?)

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi poise,

first of all: congrats for beeing an aunt now. I know how you must feel, I became an uncle a few months ago (my sister got twins!).

I really like the design of this fighting elve. For the hair (which as far as movement goes is pretty cool,) I'd agree with kinjark. If you do it a bit more detailed it would really enhance.
    I would not agree with Elwell about "Her entire action is thrusting forward...", I did japanese sword fighting for about 3 years and think that the position of her body is perfectly believable. The upper body can lean forward, while the arms cut back, so the position of her hair is absolutely correct, when this represents the moment just after having made these sword cuts. (At the beginnig of the cutting action she is supposed to have leaned even a bit more forward)But concerning the slice you should change it as Kanji2000 proposed ("It's plane should be almost parallel to the ground..."), because this would be the logical position of the blade.
    Otherwise it's really cool and I hope to see it coloured.

cheers!

"Happen to every guy sometimes this does."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kanji2000: thanks dude, yeah I am pretty excited about haveing a new nephew around, you will probably see a lot of baby drawing from me come christmas,

Madster: hey thanx man! for the congrats and nice words.

StealthNachos: thanks dude for the props,

Alday.J: thanx man! yes it's digital, photshop.

AmishCommy: hey! cool dude!! you have good advice. I know I get too caught up in rendering faces, I will cool down. I have started the dress. I will post the face when it it looks better, I am takeing Tristens and Dan's advice and leaving some of the pencil work. I did't do it on the one I posted earlier, but now I worked it out. I will see you on thurs. at the society drawing party!!

Elwell: hey again!! man I have a lot of caffein in me right now. anyway. yes. you are right and you know it, lol, oy!! I'm so bad at painting, so I changed it and the line work is back in there, I will post the finish or what I think to be the finish later today, and hopefully get more crit. from you if I didn't catch anything. Thanks for stopping by again and on the congrats for my sis's baby!. your Crits. are golden!

DSillustration: haha! I have listened and have changed. Good advice on the green I will add it. Yes, this is digital, and it is unusual. hey man thanx for criting me I alway appreciate it, your crits are also Golden! you have always been nothing but helpful. I hope to see you around, maybe this thurs.?

Yodaah: hey Yodaah kung fu fighta! thanx for the props and the congrats!

k guys back to work!

man! I'm a smiley face ..

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JERI
    That pose is just brilliant, you handled is so friggin well!

Only complaint is that her left hand is rather flat and unclean compared to the rest of her body. But seriously, this one is just....hot damn!!
    You have captured the mood really well !
    u'r lines are awesome,keep the good work going..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    posted new process at the top,

and thanks Kewaley for the nice words,

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are *really* good...

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, T! That last one is super cool. Well they all are. But I really love the motion and her expression is so well executed. Keep it up, slice ballz.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You just kick my ass in the morning (ouch !) with your awesome process ! What can I say... Ho, yea, it's obvious: MORE POISE, MORE !!!

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tiffany-

1. Congrats on that baby! Babies are awesome...and small and warm

2. sorry I haven't replied here in a bit. I have been checking, but I am just SOOOO busy I couldn't possibly fit 2 minutes in to write

3. The old short stocky dude IS the best character I have ever seen. You should be painting HIM right now.

4. I really like the character with the arms stretchedback and the pronounced cameltoe...it's ugly and sexy all at once. Cool face.

5. The painting is coming along real sweet. Speaking of sweet, you should check out his concept work ...www.justinsweet.com. This piece has a little of that feeling to it - and he might be good to look at. I'm glad you are letting those wicked pencils shine through. Shine on grrrrl

6. Did I mention I love that stocky old character? I think I might have to do a version of him...

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    posted new work at top.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like shiny objects. Make that armour pop. more intense reflective lighting please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man o man Tiffany, is she turning out awesome!!! hows about some closeups of that armor.

I say you put some blues into that dress to give it more velvety feel. kinda like you have creeping in the armor. (in the watercolors i've been doing lately i use raw umber together with ultramarine blue to create rich darks, and a light ultramrine blue, and even some violet, blending into that dark creates really beautiful highlights) and i say put some more of them blues in the armor as well. also play around with some more drastic highlights to give the armor more shine.

i kinda envisioned a purpleish VIOLET dress (violet being a historically regal color) i'm not saying yuo should go that route but i would like to see you get rid of all that green in the dress. makes it blend into the background too much. (hey i just thought of this - you know that the complement to green is red and there's nothing hotter, in my opinion, than really rich, deep red velvet - hmm??? )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice too see how great your piece turn... so early in the morning (in france, I mean) You still kick my ass, Poise ! (ouch !)

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work. that painting gonna rock so hard (awwww. what do i say.. it allready does).

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Watch that neck...The muscle on the left (viewer's) that forms a "V" is alittle thin compared to the right...Otherwise, stunning piece...And props to you for taking the time and consideration to listen to everyone and respond accordingly...You're a helluvan artist...Keep it up...We are ALL hanging on your every piece...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    congradulations to your sister, best of luck to her. sweet your starting the painting! it is coming long rather nicely. is the dress matted or glossy? to soon to tell? im impatient i guess. btw. sorry to confuse you with my post before. ill make it less impulsive and more editive(?) next time around. im sure once it is completed you'll have added all the needed elements to make it all work.

- Kinjark

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey everyone!

Oregano: ! thank you.

Loren: haha! thank you buddy!

Alday.J: you live in France? I have alway wanted to visit. maybe someday. thanks Monsieur(hehe) for the nice words, and I hope it doesn't hurt, you know getting your ass wacked in the morning, haha. your work is awesome by the way I really love your graphic painterly style. have you ever used traditional mediums, I would like to see those if you have. eat some good bread and cheese for me Monsieur French Dude. I LOVE FRENCH PEOPLE!! there I said it!

Scott: hey man no worries! you have a child, I understand, but next time I won't give you so much leaway, it's a harsh world out there and if you don't post in a timely manner then your OUT!! just the way it goes....
    yeah you ARE right,I just think no one sees the brilliance that is 'Old Man Doll'
    oh well, you win some, you lose some.. life is like a bowl of cherries...If you can't beat them, join them...Winners need their losers..I am playing my own game..My time will come...The first will be the last...Never forget that you are unique, just like everybody else...You can win by not losing...The meek shall inherit the earth...Maybe I am a loser, but at least no one knows...Winning is about power, not about the quality of your weapons...You are a loser only when you fail to try....The brick that the builder once rejected in the long run becomes the chief corner stone...
    thanks dude for the wonderful words, and Justin Sweet rocks! hope I will see you tonight. boink!

poise: wow no compliments or crits? you are pointless to me.

Mono:bright is shiney, shiney is bright! ok...

AmishCommy: blues, yes I will try. I think that is a wise suggestion. red.... the whole dress? mmm maybe, maybe some accents. I will see you tonight. thanx man for crit's and compliments and all, it's great to know all you guys,

sone_one: YES!! i get a cheerleader smiley face! thank you!

Kanji200: you are very right Sir. and you are welcome, the least I can do is respond, you guys take the time to help my silly ass get better. I really appreciate everything for sure, thank you!

kinjark: thank you for the congrats, it is an exciteing time. My female baby detector is at the highest level. I can't wait to see my little nephew, you know with the dress I'm not sure what is going to happen, I am not very great at cloth so we will see. it's ok about your post I think I got the gist of what you where saying, but I will still go back to it when the time come to work on the cameltoes chic and meditate on what needs to be changed.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    deleted.

Last edited by poise; November 2nd, 2005 at 07:26 PM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely lines.
    You're style wreaks of Academy of art college, SF.
    a Good thing. =]

Don't touch me!!!
    your not my priest!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    post new at top.

Mono: yes I do wreak, thank you.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man, just you wait til this Sunday!!!
    i'll take you to the American Wing to see how Sargent handles clothing (velvet especially). I think it will really give you some inspiration.

also post them picks from the Sideshow thang in here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi ^^Y
    your art are really good to my eye ^^
    your style remind me yoshitaka amano style... to me he is the top of grace... maybe water color could be cool...sorry about my english

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow really inspiring stuff here! *bookmarked*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    posted finish of first charcter at the top of page 1

syphrus: thank you. I checked out that artist work, and he is great!, thanks for the reference to a new good artist.

Aether: thank you.

Last edited by poise; October 25th, 2005 at 02:49 PM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.