Sketchbook: 1-10-07 ~~~>>>15 Image Update!!!!!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

1-10-07 ~~~>>>15 Image Update!!!!!

So, I had this huge elaborate speech planned out when I was planning this revamp but, now Im tired.. I just spent over 20 hours in the last five days rescanning everything you see here and clipping all this art onto these pages... I wanted everyone who came to my sketchbook to get the full scope of my artwork in the last year and a half that I have been a member here...

I started out as a person that just wanted to draw.. I thought that by just drawing I could get better. Boy was I wrong.. Conceptart taught me that I need to work so hard in order to make my goals happen. Reading the posts, reading the stories, looking at the art and even making a few buddies along the way.. I feel as if I came a long ways from when I started... I love to do life drawings now.. I sketch people on the train daily... I take my time, think, plan, create thumbs, roughs, comps for all larger pieces...

So, in saying that I want to say thank you all who have supported me, given me crits, praises, arguements, and many smiles...

So, here is my artistic evolution... My first sketchbook starts off in 7/04... less then a year and half ago...

BTW- I tried to put these in chronological order as best I could...

SKETCHBOOK #1

SketchBook #2

I did this for a TD battle... Create a Mythical God.. this is the goddess of the underworld.. Persperone or something like that!!!

This was for an anti-terrorist TD

AGAINST ALL ODDS Eatpoo competition

SKETCHBOOK #3

Goblin assasin thread...

EAST VS> WEST TD... the topic was Werewolves Vs. Vampires.. I was the Vampires...

This was for the ReDesign a 1980's cartoon TD...

My first C.O.W entry.. Create a venomous bird... this is the Darwinian Pelican...

This was for another C.O.W.. create a symbiotic predator..

SKETCHBOOK #4

I started this for the Achiac Priest TD...

This was for a Mother alien protecting her young TD..

This was for the dragon thread..

Graffitti Piece... the lettering is in her hair...

A loose pages page..

Last edited by vigostar; January 10th, 2007 at 09:17 PM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like the way you fill your pages makes for a more interesting sketchbook I do the same for my prelims, great stuff keep postin...............

GAGart[

Trifles go to make perfection, And perfection is no trifle.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53357

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yet another poooooOper!!! 8/10

SKETCHBOOK #5
    these next few pages are basically all life drawings, figure drawings, drawings from newspapers, magazines and life...

This was how i started the book.. obviously I had other intentions for it!!!

SKETCHBOOK #6
    This is my most current sketchbook...

Futuristic DJ Girl

This was for the Kitchen TD..

And this is my most current piece for my sketchgroups sketch trade

I just wanted to thank all who passed by and took the time to check out my new book.. your comments and crits are very encouraged,, come back again soon!

Last edited by vigostar; August 10th, 2006 at 09:50 PM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE ! I get the first reply -
    I know I've said it a million times, but you are always getting better. You've been life-drawing alot and studying that anatomy..and it's all coming together. I'm excited to see the progress of this new sketchbook . rock awn

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good to see the new book... im thinking of doing a new book too because im sick of all my other shit..maybe when i reach page 6 or osmething...a lil llater down the road. but not now..

keep it up bud! ur improving for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yo Vigo, nice looking awsome.. Ian's sketch turned out really sick.. that's one massive gun.. hehe. !! you are improving shite load dude, keep it strong!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ..........and damn i cant see the new sketchs (including your ian redo) because photobucket is acting funky for some reason...its not effecting all pbucket users but its effecting me for sure..one of their servers is acting screwy i think. hopefully they will get it fixed soon... making me act all nutty..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks guys... Im glad you like the new book.. I figured that I have to start getting really organized and thinking more professionally... So, this is the resut of that....

Min- did u ever check out the tut I put n my SB??? I didnt post it here cuz i figured no one will look at it or really care.. but, I saved the process... Just for you amigo!!!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, vicostar, Very powerful sketchbook. A lot of interesting ideas and very good performance. Well, that's some characters riding with your in a train daily . You are probably sketching with one hand and striking back with the other .
    Rendering is very impressive. A lot of great drawings. I especially like the one from your avatar, this one http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...arzresized.jpg ( took it)
    and http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nstallodds.jpg (took it too)
    Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool stuff. Love the cartoony way you draw, but maybe you should
    focus on the anatomy a bit more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies, and nice shading, really nice revamp Vigo!.

You have a few images in there that completely stand out from the rest, Some line drawn anatomy or gesture studies are really well done.

The Buonarroti study is great, although a little small.
    Keep it up, and keep progressing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loomer- thanks a bunch man... lots of work... and I know that I need to work more then what I am... trying to inch my way there.. where im drawing at least 5 hours per day.. im doing and average of three right now... Thanks for your support dude...! it helps alot!!

Clogik- yeah dude.. this project took a long time... i was getting very antsy scanning all this stuff in... it was very tedious.. if you dont have patience I wouldnt suggest it.. but, the good thing is that I learned two short keys in Photoshop cuz of it.. ctrl L & ctrl T!!!! they were life savers!!!

Bumskee- thanks man.... I am really satisfied with the way the character came out... it was a little different from my usual stuff... im trying to generate different styles to have a nice rounded look in my portfolio... Im glad you think I'm improving.. just trying to keep up with you!!!!

SVE- yeah, lots of sketching on the train.. its becoming an art form for me... trying not to let people see that im sketching them becuz they get uncomfortable..!! sometimes i dont care.. i just look straight at them and im like "WHAT"!?~!! Its interesting when your drawing to just draw and when you start to draw becuz you want to learn and get better... You start to get alot better at drawing when you start to learn.. Go figure!!!!? and no problem with the saves.. interesting how everyone likes color!!! one piece you took was supposed to be a rendition of myself fighting my artistic demons!!! Thanks again..

Placeboast- yeah man anatomy is key.. but, figure drawing is more key when you start to learn.. i think you learn so much more drawing from life then you do from a book... Stop by again.. thanks for the crit..

Emooe- Thanks man... I work on drawings for many reasons.. Sometimes I want to work on speed, sometimes its for the linework, sometimes for the rendering and sometimes but very few times I want the whole package and I think those are the ones that stand out the most... glad you like the sketches and stuff.. Buonarroti im assuming is the sketch above my duke nukem looking character.. yeah.. I drew that from a book that has work from the masters.. great book... teaches alot of good stuff.. planes, mass, proportions, perspective all that good stuff... thanks for stopping by..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man.

It's swell to see your progress. You're going places!
    As far as improvement goes: I think you'd benefit a lot from spending some time on structure and anatomy. Studying and practicing perspective stuff would also be good, I reckon. You're quite good at rendering, and 'finishing' your drawings, but, to me, it seems that your lines aren't as confident (and fast?) as they could be.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi dude - first: very cool to organize your new sb like, second: i love your brain Packed with weird creatures and strange designs - great. Crit wise: your rendering is beautiful (as you know hehe) and your time spend on it is a good investment - only thing i would like to see is more strong highlights mixed into the dark (the dark rendering you got down solid!) Theres a strong progress in your anatomy and when you get all this to work together (rendering, design and anatomy) you will be unstoppable. Keep working hard (you are) and keep updating. Rock on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    RA Havok- hey man.. thanks for stopping by.. I really admired your work and was hoping to hear some thoughts... You are absolutely right about the structre and anatomy.. I know its something I need to work on and have.. but, not nearly as much as I should.. i know... Im super motivated now.. never have I been so motivated.. When I got back into art shortly before I started the first sketch you see here and shortly before I discovered CA I had a plan.. I told myself that I was going to tackle one thing at a time.. and take baby steps... stop being so hardheaded and listen to what people have to say.. take their crits and apply them.. i feel like I have accomplish my first couple of goals... Now, Im starting to move onto my current goals which are form, movement, structure and anatomy... These I believe are all inclusive to one goal... Im going to crawl my way there but, im going to get there.. especially with people like yourself guiding me along!! thanks a bunch

Fellah- thanks man.. I have been trying hard to implement that stronger highlight that you mentioned on another post you left me... I really tried to do that one the upper left hand corner of the One Armed Robot... where his backpack thingy is... I was really trying to create some dynamic lighting and for the first time try to implement drop shadows properly to give more sense of depth... Im def. going to work harder on that stronger highlight thing... Im still figuring out a style but, when I start to render I always keep Rembrandt in mind.. i'm a huge fan of the way he handles contrast.. Im a huge contrast fan.. Thanks again fellah.. really appreciate your thoughts...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice, nice, NICE!

cartoony, but nice.

You need to work on your neck muscles and biceps, as well as your knuckles.
    good shiz.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, really like your work, the way you shade your figures. I was very nice too see every drawing. I love your train drawings.
    Keep the spirit high, keep motivated, keep practicing anatomy and all relative. You're doing great.
    Diego.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Panda- hey man thanks.. I need to work on alot of everything!!!! im assuming that you were directly talking about the girl blowing the smoke.. that started of as a quick portrait sketch of my girl but, then she moved and I just kep elaborating on it... So, I cam def. see the faults in the neck and bicep area along with the shoulder being out of position, the head being too big and a sleu of others.. thanks for stopping by..

Diego- dude thanks a mill.. glad you like the train stuff... its become a habit on my rides home... i get alot of the same people so, i try and catch different people... when im sketching them i always tell myself that im going to make a collection of train sketches called "asleep in NYC". Being that most of my sketches are of people napping!!! thanks for coming by..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man watch out for this kid he's going places! Really a great effort... my only advice would be to keep an on nature to make sure your work doesn't get too stylized at this point.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow your shading is amazing. you have a hell of alot of patience. what do you use to shade a ball point pen.

I do think you need to work on your porportions your pretty advance so what i think is going on is you really into a certain spot and end up over rendering it before you youre even finished. try to always check your porportions as your drawing.(I have the same problem sometimes.)

so what part of newyork your from and what school you went too?

Anthony Camilo
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" – Confucius

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bonedog- Thanks dude.. I really appreciate that... Ive been working hard (although I know I need to work harder) I think things are just starting to fall together.. thanks for stopping by.. hope to see you around here again...

Camilo- thanks dude... Ive always been a "shader" or what I call a "render" ever since highschool.. I grew a fcination with HR giger backthen and started to do lots of alien type characters which were very "black" heavy which ultimately led to my style now... I think my problem now is really learning how to capture ligthing in actual form as opposed to a fantastical form that is used to just make a drawing more interesting... I use a regular ballpoint pen... actually, I started to use a Pilot EsayTouch pen then I discovered the bic Velocity pen.. I switched over because I found that the Piolt pen ended up blotching up waaaay to much and started to make a mess out of some of my drawings.. then someone passed m a velocity pen and ive been drawing with it ever since... I dont get the "blackness" of the piolt pen but, I dont get the blotching therefore the drawing are cleaner.. I try to use different pens when i see them to try and find the best ones.. sometimes I use a type of pen because of the intensity of the "blackness", I notice that sometimes a pen has more of a grey color and therefore use that pen where needed.... the proportions is somethig I def. need to work on and im going to chip away slowly but, surely.. thanks for stopping by..

BTW- I really didnt go to art college.. i went to FIT but, for advertising and communications.. I went to Art and Design high School... which really didnt teach me too much..! I just ended up making life long friends.. which was great!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WoW, i can defintly see that you have improved and it shows! The shading is excellent and your not too bad at pen also( espically pic #7 ) ! Ill love to see more painting, they should be great also, keep this up man !!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your recent borg-like character...one of your more flawless pieces imho. don't like the giambi sketch though...yankees suck:-P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some thigns that I forgot to post... a couple of colored things... the second one was photoshopped... I ahevent gotten around to finish it though.. it was like 4 years since the last time that I colored anything in photoshop since this drawing.. in any event.. thanks again for stopping by...

QXZI- thanks man.. Pen is all I work in.. i figure eventually im going to start getting good at it!

Jeff- thanks man.. yeah.. im not a yankees fan either but, it was a cool foto in the paper so I decided to draw it... thanks for coming by..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Vigostar. Sorry I haven't posted here sooner. I only just realized you finished reorganizing it. I have been practising for my driving theory test over the past week(which I just passed today dispite trains being cancelled and other problems) so I havent been on here as much.
    Anyway, I really like the way you have reorganized your work. It's starting to look very professional now, particuarily your most recent stuff.

If you continue this sketchbook in the way you have started it will be amazing. Good work.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey vigostar, nice improvements
    that monster drawing is strong, but i like the drawing more than the painted version. the forms are nice and simple, so they pop right out. keep drawing, and keep studying that anatomy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great gettin' to sketch with you some this weekend...yeah...you may have missed the collab shit at Silver Spurs at the end of the night, but you didn't miss anything! We were so tired just drawing stupid shit. We should have had more coffee.

- I was taking a look at your drawings from time to time Sunday...seeing what you were doing. There's no doubt that you have talent within you, and it's a matter of technical application and a visual vocabulary that needs the most attention right now. But that's not news...everyone is telling you that.
    What I do feel is important is that you try a different medium than pen right now. I know you love it, and I think that's important to really love the medium you preferably work in...but I think this is a perfect point in your growth to experiment. Alot.
    I was talking to Arkady about you after you left (not bad of course!) - and we were discussing this very topic. Pen is all about precision and it usually takes artists years of experience before they can work comfortably in pen without any preliminary work. I think you should try a medium that you can abuse...erase, scratch, rub out...whatever. If pencils aren't your thing...perhaps watercolor...I'm not sure. It could be a combination of some mixed media.
    I dunno man..these are just some thoughts I had - stuff that I thought would speed along your progression. It's just my opinion of course...so you gotta go with what feels right to you. That's always gonna be the right path. When in doubt - trust your instincts. Unless you have really crappy instincts
    you're gonna be rockin' these forums one day with some sick ass work...it's just a matter of how ya get there. Cheers bro

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have really made a ton of progress over a short period, congrats. Your heavily shaded stuff is so visually intense I almost have to look away! Seriously, you must have carpal-tunnel by now.

I think your mech-stuff would really benefit with a bit more planning ahead, but I think you are already implementing this, so keep at it. I also agree with loomer that more experimentation with media would really be good for you. You don't have to love, just try it. See you next time.

-Balaskas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool Sketchbook Dude Lots of various stuff. keep 'em coming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loomer- yeah.. dude.. i def. hear what your saying.. I think for this next character Im going to do Im going to work on it in pencil... I just have to learn how to keep my fustrations of the pencl and things that I dont like at bay... but, im going to do it... there are only two things in my SB that i didnt use pen for.. one is my avatar which i did in High School the nest is the counter terrorist which I basically copied from a foto.... but, experimentation will come... it will.. im going to get sme watercolors.. My friend told me to use watercolors for the longest in cojunction with my penwork.... Its gonna happen.. baby steps...

CBalaskas- thanks man.... Im a detail feak I guess.. one of my biggest inspirations is HR giger... which is technically super dteailed work... but, im learning how to simplify what needs to be simplified.... thats a very hard thing to do.. to train yourself into thinking that something doesn't need to be rendered or needs less rendering... how to plan out the drawings has been a major downfall which i hope to start improving on soon...

shyamshriam- thanks for the compliment and for stoppng by..

SketchBook

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2