Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    hey Vigo, that really is a very different approach to Clogiks character, for one thing it's not mechanical. it's a fun concept! I think gorillaz leg is a little weird, it's not holding, not quite sure what to make of it. nice pose on the old man, and I see you have gone back to your faithful ball point pen. nice rendering as always.. cheers dude!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow, first time i come in here! Knocked right of my feet! Those ballpen renderings are awesome. When i used to that, I always suffered from leaking tips. What kind do you use and how do you avoid that?
    Very nice stuff man , keep going!

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    BAD vigostar! BAD BAD vigostar! Draw more!

Btw the ballpoint rendering is hot, but the smoke coming out of the cigar is pretty thick, it kinda obscures the face. (at least to me)

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Bums- thanks dude... umm, I actually used ref for the monkey.. so the pose is pretty acurate whats not on pont is the direction of the hair. but, i see what your saying about the legs.. they look like they cant hold it up but, i realized from different ref's i saw that monkeys have a very awkward walk... anyways.. thanks a mill dude... you know i always love your crits!!

art addict- thanks man... ummm... i went through the process of testing out a ton of pens... i started to use a pen that has a great "true" black ink (pilot easy tough) but, it would blotch up on me and I wouldmake a mess. you can see that in alot of my early works... but, now I use a Velocity pen that i believe papermate makes.. its the best i've used so far.. easy to control and no blotching... thanks for stopping by..

panda- thanks a mill dude... stay tuned.. i should have some more up soon. very soon..!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Hey Vigostar. Thanks for your comments in my sketchbook--sorru it took so long to get back to you; I was away from my connection last week.

You have a lot of really nice work here. I like the way you render things through to the end, it really makes for an attractive page. I'm especially impressed with the way you make convincing renderings of invented forms--I guess a lot of the hardware and the e=mc2 creature are good examples of that. I wonder if you have an idea of what these things will look like ahead of time, or if you mostly discover it while drawing?

Anyway, I've enjoyed looking at your work. I'll be sure to check back in.

Thanks
    so it was about time for me to update my sketchbook... unfortunately I dont have anything thrilling to show... The first are a bunch of figure drawing stuff from Tuesday's Jazz Session and some quick sketches of some of the people there... the second are all anatomy.. Im going to the basics... I have never really truely studied anatomy and the way the human body operates so Im starting now.. I picked up four Bridgeman books which are awesome.. I ended up doing four pages worth today.. Hope you guys like... I have some more stuff to post tomorrow.. Im tired of scanning for now... Thanks for stopping by.. your crits and comments are most welcomed..

1-10-07 ~~~>>>15 Image Update!!!!!

1-10-07 ~~~>>>15 Image Update!!!!!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    dude, fuck yeah!

bridgman is awesome, but he doesn't give enough detail for me to want to do all of his studies. I'll do a lot of 'em though.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    wow wow wow.. some brilliant studies Rob, I am very pleased and impressed by your execution. (we all know how crude some of his drawings are) Nicely done, your rendering skills are shining right through, Please keep this going! Life drawings are looking great! good to see you going for those pencils. I am really loving this update. cheers!

Thanks
    hey vigo, way to go with bridgeman, very wise choice. Hope to see lots and lots of studies.
    The Jazz Session drawings are very cool, and love your shading dude.
    Keep the good stuff.
    D-

Thanks
    YES! This is makes me so happy...not only did you get the Bridgman books, you are using them! And look at these studies! Great job rob job rob.
    Your life drawings are improving as well.
    Go get em you maniac!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Are those hand studies all from the Bridgeman book? Fingers look consistently a bit stubby...just wondering if that was all your doing...

Otherwise, excellent rendering as usual. But some of the wrists seem a little weird. I've noticed some books have pictures of these disembodied hands that look great on their own, but give you no clue how to connect them to the arm. So I guess what I'm saying is, pay more attention to that area, draw all the way up to the elbow to make sure you're getting it.

I'm saying this as someone who struggles a lot with hands...and on the whole your studies here look very good.

Thanks
    Nice studies Rob. I need to do more myself. I particuarily like the hands and life drawings. They feel very solid and believable. Keep it going.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Panda- yeah man Bridgeman is pretty good stuff.. I like it because he doesn't show all the muscles which i think is important to successfull drawing cuz most people arent professional body builders that have all their muscles felxing all the time... i think its up to the artist to express which one need definition.... thanks for stopping by..

Bums- thanks man.. Bridgeman was alot of fun to do... although he doesnt add alot of shading... I just try and imagine what it would look like if he had..

Diego- yes, those sessions are pretty dope and this week I was sitting next to a kick ass charcol artist.. it was amazing to see how he brought things to life..!

Loomer- thanks, I try to make you happy!

Max- yeah,. I noticed that also... but, all the hands studies are from Bridgemans Hand book so there arent any forarms just hands... but, thanks for the crits, im going to make note!!

Infini- thanks, I had a rough time with doing the life drawings this week.. im glad I had one decent drawing come out from it...

Thanks guys for your comments..

SketchBook

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.