Art: Warcraft Character-Sparminite
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Warcraft Character-Sparminite

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Warcraft Character-Sparminite

Hey Everyone,
    Just finished this guy in Photoshop. This is my lvl 38 char. in World of Warcraft. Im a geek...yeah I know...sue me!! C & C's are welcome. Thanks.
    -Jeff

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I stopped playing when I got my Pally to level 35. Then I got into Guild Wars, then I realized I wasnt spending enough time drawing and painting. So back to my first love I went! I really love this piece though! Good job on the face and great colors! I have no crits on this one. I look forward to seeing more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like this too but have to say that the braided hair looks pasted on. Mainly because the black outline doesn't mix with the shading at all. And I mean that in a litteral sense. I think it you brought in a third level of dark in the deep areas extending in from the black outline it would look more part of the picture.

Also add just a touch of the green from the surounding light source to some highlights.

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wicked man. i like the style, nice and hard. great rendering on the trim of the armour.
    only two things i'm not liking: the colors seem over-saturated on the whole, interfering with the nice glows you have going on in certain areas.
    also, i feel like the 'moon' ought to have a halo of light around it, to look more 'moony'.

Peter Diamond
    Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool! overall nice work. may want to increas shadows/highlights on the dark chest armor, but not sure what your characters armor looks like in game...but it could be cool

thanks for sharing,

Mike

Mike Phillips
    www.mikephillips.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those ears make him look like a mouse .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool.

Those braids definitely could use some darker darks in the interior hollows as well. It seems kind of strange that (with exception to a few spots on the face) you've reserved the darkest darks for the outlines. Are only the three runic characters in the center of his belt supposed to glow like that? The unity of the design could be improved if the braids wern't acting as a point of termination for the special effect. Hopefully my wording makes sense.

Why do you get all the lunch in the world?

Become an accountability partner in my struggle to stop sketching on lined paper, click here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is world of warcraft better than guild wars ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...havent played guild wars...but the people I've talked that did play it say that gw doesnt even come close to the amazing game that is WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not a Warcraft chat thread.

You need to contrast the values on the torso and arms a little better. He has a woman's waist. Wich leads to small legs. I really like the braids. Some of the lines seem sloppy; if you're going to make them black, they'd better be perfect. I like the hand holding the hammer. I agree with yousir that the moon should be something more than a yellow circle. Overall, pretty good stuff. Is this for something, or just personal?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I like the over all look of the pic, but I think you use too much black when you put shadows on the face.
    Nice though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, so everybody mentioned the braids, but I think with just really thin white (or almost white) lines for highlights.. they should be fine, the thing is just to add teh same kind of detail as you used on top of his head. The rest of his body looks good to me.. yes, it could use some more texturing perhaps or something lese.. but its good the way it is, it doesn't steal attention from his face.
    There's one thing you should try though, and that is focusing something or just leaving something out of focus (same difference), for example... as it goes down start making it more rough or detailless ...or maybe even flat (for example the end of the braids or the end of his left arm).
    The backgrouns isn't all that great... maybe add some.. variation, instead of a flat green.. or maybe improve those clouds (adding some other hue to them). Those little ghost hands take too much attention from him (in my opinion) .. and for last, the moon is a little weak, make a huge full moon with texture and holes and whatnot, really shining....... it's a fantasy world after all.
    All in all is a pretty good picture, I like his face a lot, keep it up

My DA gallery
    My (really un-updated) website.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh gods, teh cooky beard! I adore this one... Love the shading...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.