Help For Newbies

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Help For Newbies

I've been into various forms of art media over the years, but now my sister is needing me to do some graphics designs for her website and I am having to move digital. I hate to bore you all with newbie questions so if there is better place for me to post, please direct me.
    I just got a Wacom (ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!) and sent some of the designs to my sister's web designer. In my ignorance I didn't create a transparent background (canvas) so that he can move just the drawing and not have to cut it out and paste onto new backgrounds. With the Wacom came Painter Essentials 2 and Photoshop Essentials. I have become enamored with Painter but can't figure out how to do what he wants. I understand the concept of layers, but haven't found the command to set my canvas to transparent or arrange the drawings to where he can do what he wants to. Any help would be appreciated. Sonya

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

Your web designer won't have a problem with square or rectangular images as long as what you send to him/her doesn't have a border around it that you don't want to show on the web page. In other words, the image you want to be seen must go completely to the edges.

To have the web page background show around an irregularly shaped image, you'll need to create a transparent GIF image.

That means the image background has to be cropped close to the actual image and whatever remaining background there is has to be transparent.

I don't have Painter Essentials 2 or Photoshop Elements so I can't tell you if this is possible using either of those "lite" versions of Painter or Photoshop.

In full versions of Painter and Photoshop, it can be done easily.

Maybe someone who has Painter Essentials 2 or Photoshop Elements will be able to tell you if it can be done.

In any case, if you're serious about doing digital art, and want to enjoy all of the marvelous capabilities available to digital artists using these two programs, you'll be better off buying a full version of Painter or Photoshop, or, ideally, both.

Corel is running a very good sale on Painter IX right now, with prices most people would be delighted to find and many can afford. Read about it here:

Corel Painter IX - ON SALE!

You can also download a free 30 day trial version of Corel Painter IX (though I don't know how long the above mentioned sale will continue, or if it will still be available after 30 days):

Download the Free Painter IX Trial Version

Read about Corel Painter IX here:

Corel Painter IX Website

Follow all of the links on that page, to see what a wonderful program Painter IX is, and see art done by Painter Masters.... and more.

Good luck with your digital art, whatever you decide to use!

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.