Need some help here
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need some help here

Hi this is my first post ever here so plz bare with me if I make a misstake or two

I need some crit on my first atempts on coloring in PS
    Yes i know there are lots of problems with the atonomy in the toons
    But for now im mostly interesed in what you think of colors/shadows

Last edited by Razzorblue; October 5th, 2005 at 04:23 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

i think you can add more highlights to the characters, because cartoon characters have lots of contrast and highlights. e.g. those manga anime types
    Especially at the third picture, the blue hairs offer plenty of opportunities to add great highlights!

btw, i think your anatomy looks OK! can't find any fault...

Ric

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well you are going to hear from people to stay away from manga until you know the basics pretty well.

anyway, the anatomy does not look off to me (maybe in a little in places) but you really need to work on lighting and contrast. right now everything looks at the same level, which makes the image look flat and hard to read. the lighting is too homogenic.

on the first one; the background is too saturated and dominant; it makes the figure get lost in it.

on the second one; i think this is the best among all pictures. nice work on the reflections but lighting can get a lot better. the glowing this in her hand give you the opportunity to create a good dramatic lighting theme.

on the third one; i think this is the weakest among the three. back, mid and foregrounds are all almost at the same level of contrast and saturation, my eyes does not rest on a particular point.

ender coşkun
    my old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok
    Thank you for your advice ill update them as i go along in my "new" world of exlporing ps.
    Hopefully it will be easyer when i can aford a wacom ...

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you have a decent enough command of "the Basics," that you can competently explore Manga and anime quite well, from what you've shown us.

I like the first, I'm not wild about the second - Green hair is distasteful, as any blonde who's been in an over-chlorined pool will tell you..., and although parts of the third are beautiful, it is, as has been pointed out, a bit witout smooth flow and specific focal points. Just a bit too disjointed for me overall, not just color-wise.

For only using a mouse, these are all phenominal for technical skill. What resolution do you work at to get such detail on the 1st one? Or did someone else do the drawings, and you're just coloring them?

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by madster
    For only using a mouse, these are all phenominal for technical skill. What resolution do you work at to get such detail on the 1st one? Or did someone else do the drawings, and you're just coloring them?

~M

The res is realy big, soo big i wanted to smach my head in the wall a cupple of times for loving details to much

No the drawings are mine
    Allthou all of em are from diffrent time eras of my "painting carier" thus the big diffrens in how they look.
    As a said i dont like using a mouse so i usaly just scetsh and do the lineart on paper.
    After that I just scan them to get a digi so i can save em if something happens to the original like coffee stains or something like that.
    It was just resently i got interesed in using PS as a coloring medium usaly i prefer watercolors or japanes inq.

And i do agree with the green hair i dont rely like it either but i couldn't find another color i liked better for her *sighs*

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.