Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 99

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3690
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jc, all>>> Thanks for the expressions of party-missing sympathy ... it broke my heart that i couldn't be there. And what am i to do with the huge, soon-to-be "heaping pile" of delicious homemade marshmallows that i have yet to even cut from the two pans? i drove up to romega with recipe et. al. to make them on friday night, stayed up until 2am getting them done, and even went into work early on saturday a.m. to make sure that i'd be off in time. alas: a simple 8-10 hour shift on saturday was not sufficient. it ended up being 15. I had an out of town guest (my "+1") who came down and basically sat around my living room all day waiting for me to get out of work. ugh. my heart is starting to heal from the mega-huge setback, slowly. i have a ton of these marshmallows now and am hopefully not going to eat them all myself. Plan at this point is to bring them tuesday for everyone's belated enjoyment. boozer doodle is tuesday too f.y.i., but i can't really afford to go to this one, sadly. next month though!

sounds like a great time was had by all, i was mos def there in spirit.

dr. brule says that's a squash
    g

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The complete Akira manga, as well as a bunch of others www.freemangadownload.com/akira

KU: I raise you another John C Riley clip

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nofingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    G-Gem: Homemade marshmallows? There's not a better incentive to come out and enjoy a CATL meeting than a sampling of GuggenCrocker's very own fluffy white pan puffs.

Wow. Try rereading that with Snoop's "Sensual Seduction" running in the background. Takes marshmallows to a whole new place. A place filled with lots of red sequins and rotating beds.

Let me help:

Fingerless: You, sir, have won the gold star for the day. I'm pleased we talked about Otomo last Thursday. If it in any way prompted this goodness, I've got a few more topic starters we should get underway.

Ah, Harpoon Man. I won't dare take away from the majesty of that final scene where Andy S. takes it in the chest. "Stick and twist." I concede...

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I'm double-posting...

I just spent my lunch break running around the parking lot, dodging delivery vehicles and the usual madness that is the ATL driver, and snapping off shots of the cloud formations. If you can get outside at some point before it gets too dark or overcast, I recommend it. Some wonderful (and natural) shifts between light and dark and shape to record out there. Of course, if you live/work in a location like I do, it's hard to get certain things out of your shots (read: power lines, telephone poles, corners of buildings, fingers, etc.)...

If only we were in one of the plains states...Oh, hell. Lightning, now...Looks like I just beat the storm...

See everyone tonight. Wear your rubbers.

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The once and forever king Unicorn>>> agreed on the spectacular lighting situation today. i was caught off guard a couple of times by the stunning, perfect clarity of the light. i mean the gushing rain really cleaned the smog right out of the air. there were some majorly impressive and beautiful clouds passing overhead to be sure. TRUCKED!

iyami of tiny purple letters>>> see ya there!

all>>> great meeting tonight. wish i coulda peaked at the site artifex and cory are collabin on. will have to wait for launch i suppose and Joosh with his digital DS painting of the nebulas!

Digging around for a tibetan trumpet on ebay i found this nice little bit of engrish:
    I think all people universally agree that beauty itself is mystical and it is found inside the eye of the beholder. If you have great interest in Chinese antique and music, it's a very good choice!!! I believe you will like it because you are appreciator. Try it! Maybe it will let you enjoy a magic life.

burning one over to you
    g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    guggs: I was so in my own head on the site for JCW that I forgot to show it all around the table. I keep forgetting the monitor only points one direction. My rudeness points get +5 for yesterday. Release shouldn't be too far out, so no worries. All I can say is I'm impressed with flipnasty's concept work so far--it will be far more impressive than the humble site I'm building around it.

Work proceeds apace.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Artifex33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah flippy's got some good stuff. i been wowing on it for a little while now. his rice entry, 'tis top notch as u shall all see very soon.

thought i'd post this piece of news up because i know there are fans in these parts. from bbc news:
    Dungeons and Dragons creator dies

good career move: insurance underwriting to developing your own game.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to guggemmaneuver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as promised

raging fred

how do i post videos ...damn it!

Wess and Guggs... thank you guys, that kind of stuff make me work even harder.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nasty's put the time in - plain and simple. A quick journey through his sketchbook will show you what determination, artistic focus, portfolio planning, and follow-through can deliver. Imagine where he'll be this time next year, and it's scary.

The key to consider is that it's something anyone can do if you make the commitment to make it happen. Art, like time, waits for no man. And every day you let your creative outlets go unattended, someone else is out there working to push ahead of you.

Guggs: The passing of Gary G. gives us reason to pause and consider the impact of his presence in the world. As Elwell pointed out, most of us wouldn't be here without Gary's creative efforts. I know most of the artists, designers, and storytellers I was initially exposed to in my youth were provided by the worlds Gary sought to create. Everything I've discovered - everything I've poured over and studied like an obsessive science student - stems directly from that hub of experience.

And what's perhaps more important is that he represented a time that we will not see again in this world.

[EDIT: I can't believe this is happening in our backyard...We need to contact this guy and see if we can paint up his electronic vigilante: You, sir, are no Robocop...]

~KU

Last edited by KingUnicorn; March 5th, 2008 at 03:12 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, I admit I had no better reason for posting than to drop this on you guys like an atom bomb:

pwned.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, yes. The old 1977 Galactic Supremacy Tour.

Anyone else notice that Han Solo's Limited Edition Millennium Falcon Flying-V appears to be made from rubber? Or is he just craning the neck with the sheer awesomeness of his windmill-driven stage antics?

As for Skywalker, you can tell someone was out late doing coke off of the belly of a red-skinned Twi'lek, because he can't seem to find that basic E Chord to save his life...Not surprised at all...That guy liked his gutter glitter...You don't really think that was snow on Hoth do you? It was just sub-zero methylbenzoylecgonine. Why else do you think they call it Blizzard and Space Blasting?

[Edit: Because Ethax mentioned it and it's worth checking out: The new Iron Man trailer:]

~KU

Last edited by KingUnicorn; March 6th, 2008 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artifex: already beat you to it, man It's one of those images that needs to be shared. Bless you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awww, dammit, Grack. You did beat me to it. I guess I'll have to shelve my Star Wars Geek awards for a while. Arena Rock and SW. classic.

I have high hopes for Iron Man. Everyone cross your fingers and repeat after me: "Please don't suck. Please don't suck..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, this is most probably late but is there a meeting this evening? If so when did it start/is it going to start and what's the address? Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by akabraille View Post
    Hey guys, this is most probably late but is there a meeting this evening? If so when did it start/is it going to start and what's the address? Thanks
    There will likely be some people at the Alpharetta meeting until the close of Starbucks. Hope you can make it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10800+...i=map&ct=title

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys

I won't be able to make it to the tuesday meetings anymore since i am moving to Baltimore Maryland this monday. Was nice meeting everyone in person and hanging with all of you. Also wanted to check up on the people working on the Zelda concepts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Akabraille: If you miss tonight's meetup, there's one next Tuesday. The Thursday night meetup is for those living north of The Perimeter and want a second dose of graphite love. It's not limited to NotP people, but it's a bit of a trek for those in the south...

Veered: Well, damn. We hate to lose good people. You'll have to keep us posted with what you've got going on. I've got a few questions to fire over to you tonight.

All: Apparently, I've caught some bug. It's all in my throat. With Dre being ill-of-throat, I'm wondering if things got downright communicable on Tuesday. Did anyone notice her licking my sketchbook? I'm not kidding when I say those Snozzberries don't taste like Snozzberries. They taste like 90-pound watercolor paper and lead-based craft paints...And that tastes like an unhealthy dosage of hate and discontent...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Veered: Fare thee well
    akabraille
    : I don't know if you were there or not, perhaps we missed you. Only Ethax and I were there, but the turnout is usually a little better, and we should be easy enough to spot next week, we get going around 7-7:30pm and go til close.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Playing the good boy friend card (its olive green if anyone was wondering what color it was). Dre is no outbreak monkey, unless guggs is sick, cause he was hanging out over in designers exile table. If any one does feel sick my recomendation is tussin. if you run out, put water in the bottle, shake it up, more tussin.

i prefer grandpa's ol cough syrup....also known as rum, whiskey, scotch, vodka, and gin, mixed with a vanilla stick to add flavor.....drink that and you wont feel your throat hurting....hell you wont feel feelings.

happy trails bobby.

the web site.....its near compleetion.....no i play the waiting game

Last edited by Flipnastywebby; March 7th, 2008 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FlipNasty: Crystal brought up that your Irish parents ran an Italian restaurant, then asked what food they might serve there. My ans: 57 kinds of italian booze? More information needed here.

Sorry to hear everyone's got Jungle Rot, or The Black Lung, or whatever the hell this flu is that's going around. Somebody hack onto a hankey and then use it as a scanned background in some art. Please, digital only; no traditional media, for all our sakes.

[Edit:] Whoa, we've got another Tron sequel rumor: "...Now according to 'Zephyr', the studio is filling up its schedule again with big sequels and franchise entries. Most exciting is that the studio plans to release a sequel to 80's sci-fi classic "Tron" in Digital Disney 3D in the Spring of 2011. Previous reports had Joseph Kosinski in talks to direct..." -- link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa... somebody other than my crazy ass is going in and deleting their posts??? Dr. BRULE at the top of the Page. brule's rules!

where to begin?
    Bobby>>> hey, best of wishes in Maryland. Has been short but sweet here; i'll burn an email over to ya

all>>> report from the radar: We crazy catl representation up in the sketchbook section at half past now

Fingerless, ATupper, and Flipnasty all bringing the sketchbook love like RIGHT NOW-ish. grack's SB is a class act too. Barbarino is keepin at it too! Damn you guys are really bringin it. inspiring! i'ma have to follow suit with some sketchbook updating. the bottom line on this mention being Support our poops...

Also:
    INTERVIEW with Syd Mead over on CG society. he talks about futurism and time travel and stuff. they show lots of his art. the desire to go to artcenter is rekindling for me faster than that guy's studio who uses kerosene and smokes while painting.

happy trails

g

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; March 7th, 2008 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    guggs: great article on syd mead. it's clear that man has his mind so far into his work that he's seeing things most never will. god, i love that man's work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe I'm just behind on my artist knowledgzzz, but I've recently come across someone new, Franklin Booth be his name.

Pen and Ink.

http://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Booth...5034975&sr=8-1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Special-K: You've been gone too long, man. Every time you stop in is a pleasure. And this little find of yours was certainly worth sharing.

All: When you combine a pure and genuine love of animation, sci-fi action, top-notch directors, and apocalyptic themes, you develop The Animatrix - one of the best parts of the Matrix universe...

Now, imagine that same kind of genius - that same level of energy and creativity - applied to the long-standing, ever-expanding universe of Batman...Yes, some of the top minds in animation today are taking over the world of the Dark Knight:

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    saw that preview on the New Frontier dvd. pretty damn sweet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While stumbling through the Intertubes, I discovered this wonderful little thing: Apparently the folks over at the New York Times have created a diagram (in honor of the passing of Gary Gygax) that connects life events starting from being "Exposed to D&D Early in Life..."

Now, to clarify for some of our group members, that's Dungeons & Dragons not Drinking & Drugs...

Check it out: HERE

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  cattle_01_10-02_100.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  159.8 KB
    holy crap PAGE 100

also:
    Save the date / mark your calendars:
    Mattress Factory Lofts Open Studio
    7 June 2008

see yall tuesday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As you all know, CATL is recognized on an international scale. We often receive letters and invitations from fans and friends across cultural boundaries inviting us to exchange artworks and ideas. Here's a recent letter we've received in the old mail bag from S. Leung from Guangzhou:

Dear King Unicorn,

I love animation. My favorite cartoons are Century Sonny, Tortoise Hanba's Stories, and SkyEye. I would like to go to school and learn to become an animator. Do you have a favorite cartoon? What kind of cartoon would you make?

Sincerely,
    S. Leung
    Well, S. Leung, there's a lot happening right now in China that will have an impact on the future of animation. And if it's something you're interested in, you should certainly take whatever steps are available to you to learn how to produce your own cartoons.

I'm a fan of animation myself. When I was younger, I was most influenced by Thundercats, Robotech, and the first Vampire Hunter D OVA. And if I were to make a cartoon of my own, it might look something like this:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In the past, one of the ways I've galvanized my desire to make art was by seeking out info on frontier science. To that end, I was rifling through the web and found a link to a site I hadn't visited in ages: TED.com. I highly recommend that if you're finding yourself not squeezing as much blood out of the old turnip as you usually do, go take a look through some of the videos hosted there.

These guys are walking the bleeding edge of science and science fiction on a daily basis. After watching these, I find myself thinking in a much longer view, and that tends to help put some reasoning behind sci-fi, no?

For those of you who've never heard of it, TED is an annual convention of some of the best minds in (t)echnology, (e)ntertainment, and (d)esign. It has, however, branched off since its inception into other areas.

Some of the must-watch talks: Aubrey de Gray -- This guy says the first people that will live to 1000 years old have already been born.

Microsoft's World Telescope demo -- This spring, we'll be able to use Microsoft's new online, free software to look up at the stars in any direction and zoom in...waaaaaay in.

And my recent favorite: Creating artifical life...soon.

Last edited by Artifex33; March 11th, 2008 at 12:13 PM.

Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1