Page 99 of 284 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,275 to 1,287 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fae
    you draw a #, the first person gets to pick from the pile, second can steal first gift or take another from the pile... all the way down the line...
    Fingerless has already said no to this. He's had his share of Dirty Santa action and I'd hate to have Guggs eyeballing my set of Hot Wheels Thunderiders, while he's holding a Fig Newton Snack Pack...

Dirty Santa + CATL/(% of male to female members) = Unhappy Christmas...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I already textedorz guggles about this, though I'm not sure if he got it or not, but I sadly will not be able to attend tonights activities.

My vehicle was commandeered for the day and I have no method of arriving.

I promise one day I will return to CATL.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeHarHar
    I already textedorz guggles about this, though I'm not sure if he got it or not, but I sadly will not be able to attend tonights activities.
    Dammit, Kenneth. You're ruining Christmas...

Thanks
    Hey guys, glad to see the spirit of cynicism is alive and well at the CATL. I'll be visiting after buy crap for baby jesus day soooo, maybe we can rondezvous at the white chicken at midnight. I'll leave that code up to interpretation. Dec. 27 or 28 might be the best day. I'll only be in town till the 31st and I have a wedding to go to on the 30th. Sorry, guys, looks like it might be another tightly packed visit. BUT, I think it would be cool to do some type of sketch session/critique fight. Perhaps at the local caffenated beverage house of choice. Or if it suits your purposes better, dank underground slightly lopsided dungeon of irritation.

Thanks
    As mentioned at yesterday's mini, ADoll and Fae expressed some interest in going shooting at one of the local firing ranges. You two have any scheduling preferences?

If anyone else from the group has any interest in going, then sound off. With just three people, one lane will probably be sufficient, but any more and we'll likely have to get a second ($8/hour/lane, I believe). Everyone who wants to go will need to bring some cash for eye/ear protection rental (usually a few bucks). I have a .22 with gobs of ammo, so no sweat there, as I'm happy to share. There's weapon rentals aplenty there if you'd like to fire something a little meatier.

If you have no shooting experience, make sure to say so, as it would probably be wise for us to make sure one of every two of us had some prior experience. I know ADoll does, and I certainly do, but Fae had the wide-eyed and rosy-cheeked look of innocence about her, so that'll leave one slot open for the uninitiated.

I'll give location details later once we figure out when this should be.

Thanks
    Grackula: Sounds like you've got a busy trip planned. I'm sure more than a few of us will be around to keep you entertained, while you're in town...

Wes: Thanks for putting out the big heads up on this and supplying the details...I've been looking forward to saying, "Skin that smokewagon and throw down, boy!" all year..

All: If you've never handled a weapon before, I highly recommend coming out and taking part in this. Having some "dirt time" will help you develop a better understanding of just what happens when one of these things goes off in your hand...That's valuable real-world experience you can put right into your work, if you're bent on having shooty things appear in your art.

Of course, this won't be like our "CATL Fight Club" with the similar tagline of: That's valuable real-world experience you can put into your work, if you're bent on having punchy things appear in your art...

Our insurance plan doesn't cover that anymore...

[+] AD - part-time pistolero, full-time fancy lad...

Thanks
    wes--> count me in for the shooting range action. guggen has shot shotguns pistols and rifles before; sounds like a real cool time, time and date permitting of course.

analog-dervish--> I will never forgive you for taking my Hot Wheels Thunderiders.

grackula-smackula--> got news for ya grack--> they tore down The White Chicken, cleaned out the grease trap, and i ended up having to sell my white-chicken-chicken-suit, unfortunately anyways--> Great news that you're coming down to visit!!---> keep us posted on what times and days appear to work better for your post xmas schedule.

HHH--> bummmmmer, but alas the transportation can be a major issue right? updates from the emo-ska touring season of the SCADATLITES? can't wait to get my hands on the first delay-worn and emotionicon-soaked Long Play Cassette Tape™.

all--> sorry i was a little late in joining in the festivities yesterevening; twas a real cool time to introduce jackie briefly to the insane fun that is catl sketch group. tho im bummed out to have missed the pre-sketch-game rast-spawned riot act.

cheers and adieus
    j

Thanks
    The transportation problem has stemmed from the fact that my mother's mini van is broken down, so thusly my transporting device was used in its stand.

Peter just posted on his SB with some new stuff so I'm assuming he's still doing the art deal. Kit just bought a Wii and he owns a 360, and honestly was never one to do any art willingly. Thomas I'm completly out of touch with.

January 8th marks the return of the Scadittles. The painting I'm currently working on is reaching a mid point, and where as most of my paintings before hand have either no or very little planning put into them, this thing is planned out to the every line. I promise it'll make up for my abscense in my SB...hopefully.

Thanks
    I know we've got some Wii fans in our midst...People who hope with all their might that perhaps this year - yes, this year - Santa will listen to their nightly wishes and grant them the electric joy only Nintendo can provide...

Well, this one's for you, you distracted bastages!

Start here: Super Safe Safety Manual...

Then, go right here: Super Safe Safety Manual Satire...

[+] AD - high jinks or hi·jinks (hjnks) pl.n. Playful, often noisy and rowdy activity, usually involving mischievous pranks...

Thanks
    All: Well, I've not triple-checked with the wifey yet, but how about sometime next (not this) weekend for the firing range trip? That would be either Dec. 16th or 17th. The only time that I think I may be busy would be the evening of the 16th, so I'd say the safe bet would be around 11am, the 17th at American Classic Marksman.

That link has all the goodies like directions, but if we have no more than 4 (Me, AD, Fae, and Guggs thus far?), then we could probably all just meet at my place and I'll drive us all over there.

Thanks
    i can't do 16th evening either... or monday during the day--- work.

so yes.

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fae
    i can't do 16th evening either... or monday during the day--- work. so yes.
    Hmm...Either Tammy's calendar is set to 1979 or I just got completely lost in trying to decipher that...

Saturday or Sunday looks good right now. I've got nothing in the queue that would get in the way. I'll go ahead and leave both of them open, just in case we need to make some last-minute adjustments.

Ah, Friday. Drink it in, folks. Drink it in...

[+] AD - Yes, the wine does go well with the chicken...

Thanks
    Yes, yes - I'm posting up again...Yes, yes - I'm taking valuable space away from art-related discussion...But, I tell you, it is absolutely necessary...It is without question, a moment of necessity...

"Why?" you ask...Because this just put a hole right through the remains of my reptilian brain: Xmas comes early this year...

[+] AD - Let each man spread his legs, rooting them in the ground,
    bite his teeth into his lips, and hold...
    Tyrtaios, poet of Sparta...

Page 99 of 284 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 149 199 ... LastLast