Page 96 of 284 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,236 to 1,248 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Activity slowing down in CATL town, could it be that we have exhausted all the weird and lame possible references on the internet? Alright then, to the encyclopedia collection I go.

I say that we all go out to dinner, then convene at GuGG's palace for christmas beer or whatever you vice is, somepoint mid-late December. My suggestion for gifts in that we give each other drawings/ painting/ sculpture/ earthworks/ installations/ interpretive dance/ minimalist orchestral composition/ proclomation of unyeilding servetude for eternity/ first born child/ some damned piece of art basically....any one of those..... in a secret santa situation....Each of us gives an original (or high quality digital print) custom piece of art, as complex or simple as time and personal preference allows, to one other member, choosen at random. Anyone up for this, we can get a list going of anyone who wants to participate, all are welcome, even the fringe CATL members, as long as they deliver the goods.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    yep, been quiet. if everyone's like me, then they've shaken off the turkeyday lethargy just in time to head back to work today. I remember that turkey is supposed to have a large amount of seratonin in it, which is purported to make for sleepy artist-types.

Looking forward to tomorrow night to get some more quality time with the arcade-cabinet art I've been working on for entirely too long now. Also hoping to see everyone's sketchbooks from the 24hr torture test.

Edit: Yikes! Did everybody see this?
    Last edited by Artifex33; November 27th, 2006 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks
    ... i thought i posted something here yesterday... but i guess not.

... so I just read over the info for Insomania... any of you planning on going??? I JUST might have to dish out... omg... i want to go =(... as;dhfjkla dsj!!!

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    seansea is going, tam.
    I REALLY wanted to go but...just lacking the funds i guess. san fran is such a damn cool city too.

Thanks
    i have an aunt who lives there... but it would kinda defeat the experience not to be RIGHT UP IN THE ACTION the whole time...

yeh... the funds are what are possibly detering me... and the time... I mean luckily it's on a weekend, but still it's including Friday--- I gotta figure out how that'll all work. It's also right before my birthday... hahaha. I'd feel bad not taking a day though to spend with my Aunt... if not more than a day... I wish it was between christmas and new years--- then I'd be off work actually...

...ugh... =\ i need to just stop dreaming/getting my hopes up =P

Thanks
    Both the seminar and the studio program offer interesting potential. Sadly, until I've freed myself from contractual bonds (and finished purchasing various gifts), neither seems quite within reach.

Since we've decided to overlook Fingerless' questions, I'll be the first to respond:

I'm down with Secret Santa. However, we need to get this on and now, especially if we're going to be drawing names for which CATL member we'll each get to torment with bad wrapping paper and fancy knotwork. I recommend that if you're interested in participating in the Secret Santa (no Challenge added to this one), please chime in.

Sadly, I don't know if I'll have time to create something to pass along to someone for posting on the fridge at home. I'm looking at a drafting table rich with previous starts and my calendar of deadlines (all of which point to Jan 1), and don't think I'll be able to pull anything off. Which brings me to Point 2, as I only arrived last night from my trip to the in-laws' house, I will not be joining the CATL throng again this Tuesday. Be certain, I am pained by this and must request that if anyone is free this weekend, please raise a hand and consider putting some time aside to meet up with me. I had a working holiday and need a more inspiring break.

[+] AD - "Carries-Many-Deadlines" is my name among the Iroquois...

Thanks

Arrow ranks thinning

• tam--> i was so amazed at what you busted out with that electric eraser. have decided that you have to be pushed. that's why i challenged you to a race down abernathy parkway. Which i smoked you at.
    • ben--> haha thanks again for the tip on the pbf strips. and for the pre-trek call. the music is coming i just gotta rip some stuff. Sheeeite you need to stupify that cat of yours
    • trv--> Big ass thanks for the LP'age. We need to take a trip to that recordstore over in fuckhead and compare notes. AND in seeing your charcoal pencil renditions of the bridgman form studies it seemed like you were getting both the line quality and the kind of gestures like george demands. kudos for that impressive task, fiend.

j

Thanks
    so... i was good tonight and shot photos of some sketchbook pages... only to realize I have no idea where my transferring cord is... DARNIT!!!

GUGG: Yeh yeh... you keep telling it that way...

WES: where weeere you!? I thought you were coming tonight?

NF: thx for letting me borrow your elite piece of technology =O

Thanks
    Well at least I know what to give Trevor for Christmas

Thanks
    OMG... i feel like i've seen that guy's stuff before!!!

Ethax: thx for pullin' my attention over to cool and great artist resources =)

Thanks
    Wes: I can only assume that Wes has been crushed underneath the previously mentioned arcade cabinet, and is now surviving solely on crumbs from a number of asiago cheese sandwiches

Fae: Be wary of the erasing robot overlords

GuGG: I hope that you are familiar with the concept of borrowing, and that the LP's were merely loaners. My apologies if I gave a different impression

AD: We missed you again. Something weekend would be cool, some venue with sketching/ eating opportunities.....will think of something definite, or if you have any ideas, I'm sure some other CATL crazies might be down for some weekend action

Ben: BAAAASEMAAAAN!!! *shakes fist in air*
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks

haha

nofingers, noLPrecords--> DUH! i know, i know but i still am leaving up my auction on ebay:

LOT: weird records. have no fingers, can't play them anymore!

reserve price: $.01

a-dilly-bar--> Saturday at some point?

j
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; November 29th, 2006 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks
    Wish I hadn't missed last night. I was at home so that Crystal could get some uninterrupted work time in on her current writing project. Instead it ended up being a relaxing night of procrastination on the couch for both of us, which was kinda nice for a change.

As far as the Secret Santa thing, I definitely won't have time to do up any artworks, as I already have several on my to-do list for that timeframe. Not really sure about how that will turn out, so I'll wait to test the water as you guys bandy ideas.

Page 96 of 284 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 146 196 ... LastLast