Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 96

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 96 of 123 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3690
    Thanks
    Hi-Tech-C Krewe: I'd like to procure a good number for the workshop here. Probably a box of 10 to keep it nice and neat. A single order between myself or G-Gem will shoot us over the free shipping mark. If you want to email me your orders, I'll
    get them underway and we can settle up when they arrive.

[Edit: Don't know about the SCAD show yet. Will know by Wednesday.]

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    JCAtlanta: Count me in, As far as desserts go I can bring my homemade chocolate, strawberry cheesecake or something.

Fingerless: If you're at Borders on tuesday you can test drive a rotring fountian pen I have.

Guggs, Fingerless: If you guys are ordering pens, I'm interested. I would probably only want a few though. I'll give you more details after I take a look at what they have. Oh no already late for class gotta go!

Last edited by Capt.Joosh; February 18th, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks
    Guggs :: dont go throwin any of the guach away, ill take anything no one wants

I check out those Hi Tech C pens, or what ever they be called. They look kind of interesting. If someone would be so kind as to explain how bad ass they really are i might go in on this joint catl purchase.

see ya in funwoody

Thanks
    Hi tec C cru>>>
    per mine and fingerless's expirements / experiences, this one is the one to get, with black ink of course. $2.80 each, which... isn't really that bad. $28 for 10 pens is a bit much, so i'm thinking i'll roll with 5X instead, weighing in at a more reasonable $14. 5t319IN3r, i'll bring you $15 for my 5 pens... $1 Unilog Acorn ink is thicker than blood tax included.

<<<yroc cory>>>

both fingerless and capt. joosh
    will prolly be there tonight and have these
    at their disposal. reccomendation would be
    to get on board /// get a few of them. you
    can thank me / us later... it's really an
    amazing
    product. how
    is
    hansel
    ? awesome that all paints r accounted for. guoache mania spreading? haha

tentatively fingerless and i are gonna check out the james jean et al lecture at scad on thursday... more "planne concrete" (as the french say) forthcoming. afterwards maybe some sketching at a nice later-oriented established-mint?

j

Thanks
    High-Tech-C(hristmas): I've got order details from G-Gem and Fingerless. If you'd like to add to the order, please let me know by tonight. I'd like to fire off the order as soon as possible. I know I've got a few sketches that are crying out to be cleaned up through the magical richness of the HT-C.

Cloverfield: Go see this now. That's right. Right now. Get up out of your chair and head to your nearest movie house. I saw this back in January (noting during the credits that Neville Page did the creature designs) and for some reason let it slip my mind to share.

Sure it was a bit Blair Witch with the camera work, but that's where the comparisons pretty much fall apart. Lots of action. Insane monster designs. Terror across Manhattan. I've been a bit...hesitant...to support a lot of big-budget sci-fi/horror productions, but this made me happy. Someone took the gloves for this one.

~KU

Last edited by KingUnicorn; February 19th, 2008 at 02:14 PM.
    ... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    KingUnicorn: Sign me up for two of those 0.4 mm blacks please. I'll bring money tonight.

Thanks
    Sorry I didn't make it tonight, had to watch after the new puppy. While scouring the bowels of the interwebs, I discovered this gem of vintage photography.

Thanks
    JCAtlanta: you can count me in (for sushi/beer as well)

KingUnicorn: spoil the final ep of project runway here. There's also high-res pics linked at bloggingprojectrunway
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLlOyj2ZvpA

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethax For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Benthax: Hey, thanks for passing that link along. I went ahead and embraced the collections that were put out. I was hoping for more, but overall it really did appear like Siriano crushed everyone in terms of design.

All: I'd like to make a motion that we strike the use of "Like _______ on acid" from our collective lexicon. I've heard it used now in the past two days (fortunately not from anyone in CATL and on this site) to describe work that was as bland and safe as it comes. That makes my heart hurt. It's time we pack that phrase away like the use of the word "Def."

New tablet en route. New arts on the way. Placing pen order right now.

~KU

Thanks
    I am I correct in assuming that there will probably be less than optimal attendance at the thurs meeting? I know if I had a choice between listening to James Jean recite golden nuggets of artsy truthiness and deciding which dirty hippies might be investment bankers in disguise it would be no contest. But, save some miracle of time space teleportation, there is no unearthly way I'm making it downtown in time through traffic.

Also, I'm working my shift in the fourth layer of hell on March 1st. I'd love to come out to play but I will be very late. It also depends on a deadline that I have coming up. If I can finish ahead of schedule, I'll be good to go.

Last edited by Grendel Grack; February 20th, 2008 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    James Jean Showdown at SCAD: I'm going to be MIA tomorrow, folks. I was hoping to free and clear the schedule, but - just like Christmas '87 - I don't always get what I want.

G-Gem/Joosh/Nasty/Fingerless: Order went out this afternoon. And unless this confirmation is just a clever way of throwing us off the trail, things seem to be underway.

Grack: Can you reveal what you're working on, or is that shrouded behind the emerald curtain of an NDA?

~KU

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    King Uniclees: I don't have one for this particular project. I haven't started on the final yet, we're still in rough draft phase. I can bring what I have to the thurs meeting if you are interested in seeing it.

Thanks
    For christmas '87 all i wanted was a father.....my mom brought home four.
    .......ok i lied, i really wanted the care bear with the heart on the stomach.

in other news,
    EXPOSÉ 6,
    Entry Deadline:
    Monday February 25th 2008, Midnight GMT

d’artiste Digital Painting 2 Call for Entries
    Entry Deadline: Monday March 24th 2008, Midnight GMT

these are both free to enter, and, you can enter as many paintings as you want.

if youre on this thread and you want a solid chance at getting published so that all the fun art directors out there see your work, get off your ass. :

but seriuosly, its free. I think everyone, except for grack you have enough work should enter their work. grack i changed me mind, you should enter too. I mean whats the worst that can happen, they send you a letter saying sorry not this year better luck next time( note, thats what they say,i got that letter last year ) oh and did i mention, its free.

excited for my HI TECH C pens to come, thanks King U!

......now back to VersoTech

:::side note
    I like lunar eclipses

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flipnastywebby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Do I read correctly that tonight's NOTP Starbucks is going to be sparsely attended? And I've been given a get out of the house free card by the wife for tonight...argh.

Thanks
    Thursday Krewe: I'm completely locked out today for traveling. Deadlines are drawing near and I'll be spending some post-work time prepping for tomorrow's meetings/projects.

Grack: I'm really stoked by what you're putting out for the LMS challenge, so I'd love to take a look at what you've got in-process. Unfortunately, it'll have to be in the near future. Hopefully next week will calm down and I'll be out next Thursday.

Artifex: I'm guessing that's not a card you can keep in your wallet. Damn those expiration dates!

Nasty:
    Thanks for the word on the submission guidelines.

~KU

Thanks
    It's like it is what it is on acid

lunar eclipses are top boss like bob ross

Wes, you should come down to the james jean et. al. lecture tonight at SCAD. fingerless and i are gonna go. Don't let a perfectly good night-out-pass go to waste! we'll prolly grab some food and draw a little bit fresh on the cusp of magnanimous inspirations. if anyone else is down for coming down to the lecture call me for details. i think the best plan of action would be to meet up at my apt. at around 5:45, then head over there (it's like a 2 second drive) around 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by SCAD website write up
    ATLANTA — The Savannah College of Art and Design-Atlanta will host the Atlanta Art Forum Feb. 21-23, 1600 Peachtree St., Atlanta. This year’s event is hosted by the SCAD sequential art and illustration departments and will feature four comic artists and illustrators who will offer their professional knowledge and insight.

Renowned comic artists Andrew Robinson and Eric Canete, and award-winning illustrators James Jean and Yuko Shimuzu will participate in a roundtable discussion and answer questions from the audience Thursday, Feb. 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m., on the fourth floor of SCAD-Atlanta. This event is free and open to the public. Friday and Saturday events are open to SCAD students only and will include workshops given by each visiting artist as well as portfolio reviews.
    feelin good. heading back to tha AT-Hell today

g

Edit: In digging around and researching the artists for tonight, i found this gem on Eric Canete's website / blog, at the January 28 entry: "I'm going to walk through a typical day for me at the 'office' by showing how I go about a page from start to finish. Why? Because I'm going to use this as a primer to promote an event I'm going to be participating in late February. Bear with me..." he then goes into excruciating detail on how the comic page setup process works. valuable resource, that is.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; February 21st, 2008 at 01:36 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to guggemmaneuver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Gugg: Sounds good man, see you tonight

KU: Thanks again for said pen ordering. Those troll designs were sweet

Grack: I saw your post in the lounge, and still managed to totally forget about the eclipse

EDIT: Also, a live action Akira movie?...WTF

Last edited by nofingers; February 21st, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nofingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    G-Gem: Oh, Eric Canette...Very cool find. And truly a solid resource. I'm really embracing that sort of black/white style this week, and that little link put my day on the up-and-up.

Fingerless: Thanks for the props. More goodness to come. As for Akira I had a sacrilegious knee-jerk reaction to this one, but I'm cooling out. I just recall Peter Chung's experience watching Aeon Flux fall out of his hands, and I wonder if the same sort of situation is going to happen here. I do hope they bring Otomo on board for some sort of guidance/parentage/oversight.

All: I uncovered, chased down, and ordered a rare and out-of-print set of RPG books with interior art by G. Darrow. Once they arrive, I'll bring them out for group perusal. I'm still looking for the last issue of Hardboiled (F. Miller/G. Darrow). If you come across one, let me know.

~KU

Thanks
    Gugg: Damn, that sounds pretty interesting. I have spent so little time actually putting pencil to paper that I am loathe to trade the opportunity for more downtime, no matter how interesting. I gotta put my nose down and get some scratchings out. The past 3 months have been frighteningly devoid of imagery. Maybe the latest COW competition...

Thanks
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I live in Stone Mountain, GA. I stumbled upon your group and it sounds like a great place to improve as an aspiring artist. I'd really like to meet up with you guys the next time you all get together.

I'm really into graphic novel art, I really like work from artists like Skottie Young and Joshua Middleton just to name a few. I've never taken an art class before so all my sketches pretty much come from my own interpretation of art books I borrow from my college library -_- ' so I could really use some advice on improving my basic drawing skills.

Thanks
    akaBRAILLE

Thanks
    Welcome to the fold, akabraille! You should definitely make the trip out to the Tues meeting. That's where it all goes down. We meet at the Dunwoody Borders around 7:30-8:00 until closing. Look for tobaggons and heated discussions about the internationally accepted standards for the humane euthanasia of clowns. The art supplies are a dead give away as well. We also meet at the Starbucks at the corner of Mansell and Alpharetta hwy on thurs, same time. Tonight will probably be bust, though.

Interested NOTP parties: Scratch me out for tonight. The general public has, once again, crushed my spirit. I must hibernate to recuperate creative juices, much like how the exotic flesh eating pitcher plant collects rainwater in times of plenty.

Flipnastywebby: thanks for the info on the contests. Free sounds good to me.

KU: we WILL meet again. (said with a dead-on Sean Connery accent. That's right, I'm a woman of many talents.)

Thanks
    i recently moved to ATL and i am currently deployed, should be back in a couple of months. Would be great to get up with so folks who share the same creative interest, especially in atlanta. i will be keeping intouch with this thread as much as possible.

Thanks
    akaB/keyu: You've come to the right place. And, as Grack has pointed out, those Tuesday nights are the best place to link up with us. We typically throw down one big art event a month with little mini-meets happening weekly in various areas of the city (to help those who have issues with traffic/work schedules). We're always around, so come out when you have the chance.

akaB: Where are you studying?

keyu: Hopefully you're not deployed to a certain theater of conflict that comes to mind. Keep posting your art and touch base when you can.

Grackula: I finally got around to seeing the flying, floating head of Zardoz last weekend. So, now whenever anyone mentions The Connery, all I can see is this: One hot mess...

As for the General Public keeping you down, you need Tenderness:

For everyone else: You need to head down to your local video store/access your Netflix list and request this by name:

~KU

30. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    KU: you're an evil monkey. See that goo splatter on the floor? That's what is left of my frontal lobe.
    Wow, that's some kind of suspension. Are those outfits Zardoz standard issue?

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome . I'm frustrated though 'cause I have a Tues/Thurs class from 7:30p - 9:15p T_T. Good thing is next Tuesday's Student Study Day and the week after that is Spring Break so I'm def. gonna try to make it over there. After that I may have to see about skipping class at favorable points throughout the semester.

KingUnicorn: I'm currently in my last semester at Georgia Perimeter College. I'm transferring to GSU for the fall.

Thanks
    Anilog Kunicorn>>> ok cool, i'm sold on the movie. but... what's the name i need to ask my video store clerk for again? what? what?

grackilack>>> glad to hear yr burninating it up with the freelance and show preparation these days! Can't wait to see what you been working on!

akabraille, keyu6215>>> hey guys, thanks for saying hello, hopefully we'll get to meet you/sketch with you soon aka: if tuesdays and thursdays aren't an option, there's a meeting on wednesdays ($10 with a live model at mine/barbarino's downtown studio) and on sunday nights. big shindig on 1 march too. big. so there's lots going on... we love new artists! this is a great and very active group to be a part of!

all>>> james jean et. al. lecture was really inspiring and chock full of great information. i got to test drive fingerless's watercolor ultra lite palette too for the first time. all this guy needs is an altoids ten, a brush pen and a sheet of paper and he's good to go.

Also, another special treat! i got to witness the exceedingly rare appearance of Bouncer-mode™ Fingerless... "THE PASSWORD IS PASSWORD..." you know the one ladies and gents ... throws unsuspecting adjacent patrons through windows and out onto the street. Blammo!

heh, funtimes...

j

Thanks
    akabraille & keyu6215: If you guys would like to join our mailing list and receive updates about our big events, PM guggemmaneuver or myself with your email addresses and names.

All: Oh shit! That lecture was definitely inspiring and informative, and made it much more obvious how much I need to bust my ass if I ever want some sort of artistic career.

I really dig the bandolier/suspenders/speedo combo

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    akabraille & keyu6215 :: welcome to CATL! it will be great to meet up with you guys at the meetings when you can make it. A word of sugestion; POST A SKETCH BOOK !!! some of the best feed back you can get comes from sketchbook postings. We will gladly offer up any advice to help out fellow artists but youre SOL if you cant make a one day tuesday meeting ya know, posting your sketchbook allows fellow CA peoples to view and comment on your work, also all of us here in atlanta will gladly stop by and check out your stuff

Thanks

Plein Air Painting @ Atlanta History Center Gardens - Sun. 3/16

ATLANTA HISTORY CENTER GARDENS
    Plein Air Extravaganza: Sun. March 16
    2:00 - 5:00 p.m.

We're getting a group together for some outdoor painting fun on Sunday, March 16 from 2-5p. And it'll be at the Atlanta History Center, more convenient for those of you on the northside of town....

Go here for more info and to RSVP:
    http://painter.meetup.com/91/calendar/7386776/

Atlanta Painters Meetup Group
    Barbarino's SKETCHBOOK
    Concept Art Atlanta Thread

"Don't think about making art - just get it done. Let everyone else decide whether it's good or bad - whether they love it or hate it. While they're deciding, make even more art." (Andy Warhol)

37. The Following User Says Thank You to barbarino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Iyami_A: You should try to make one of our weekday meets. They're typically free of libations and the consumption of animal parts. We host three, so you should be able to find one that meets your availability.

Barbarino: Got your email. Have a great response to tell (certainly not show) at a later time regarding similar subject matter. March 16th sounds good, especially the location. Looking forward to warmer weather.

~KU

Page 96 of 123 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2