Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't worry too much about what to bring. We could always order pizza. Papa John's is about 2 min. from my house. (Sorry, no 3/4 view of P.J.'s)

Hey, I've updated my website illustration and started a WIP thread. Here it is:

Off to School

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    ...Hey, I've updated my website illustration and started a WIP thread. Here it is:

Off to School
    I updated this with some repainting. Check it out and lay some crits on me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guggen: about the Rhino...I want as much as you can get. A head sketch is a must, but don't forget about the feet. Also, a study of the skin would be cool. DRAW!!! Also, pics are up in the NC thread. Enjoy.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AHHHHHH MAN!

Some gangstas be bustin'.

Nah, for real I'm getting tired of you busta's getting all the glory. Come Zoo Day (June 24th will no longer be called June 24th...from now on Zoo Day) I'll cut me a slice of the CATL pie.

Damn it... I have no art friends down here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    word on the Macon Whoopee is that Huge Har Har is PAINTING MURALS for a pretty penny in lieu of ART SCHOOL DEBAUCHERY! Of course this freaking rocks, but doesn't surprise (---> MASTERMIND.)

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am almost certain that Gug has Davi-envy, and is going for some sort of forums posts record. I support you in your goal

and welcome to triple H

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gugg- On a side note, I have photos of all my shit done second semester, I just need to find a way to upload them. I figured you might wanna take a gander.

Fingerless- Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha ha trevor...

you already MET kenneth at Cinquo de sketcho! "DOHHH!"

+1 post for me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh yeah Huge Har Har! _-----> you got some stuff that's finished and all from last semester--> some sweet looking out of this world landscapes in there! Hook us up!

Trevor--> did you update in the thread? break your computer with a hammer? Pick out a bad, bad sci fi movie for sunday??? check out the con photos in grack's North carolina thread

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [Edit] GG: Welcome back. I hope you have been thoroughly lauded for your graphite skillZ (big Z - big effin' Z) and avoided the drizzle of foaming Naruto-cosplay madness...

Artiwes: If the Papa J's is good with everyone (no orange slices for NoFs on his quarter of the pie), I'll bring a dessert of somekind...something ripe with sugary goodness that your son can finish off and spend the evening racing around the house from...

HHH: See what happens when you go on break? The gates of Art Hell are thrown forth and Lo! Upon a fiery plane I did see the rise of a many-headed beast - The Guggenmastadonacon - And we hung our heads in quiet awe as a chant was caught up in the air, "Sammy! SAMMY!" [insert a few esoteric hand signs and burst of flame]

Guggenthroughthefire: In praise of persian delights: humus is good. And for those who may be casually visiting this less-then-sleepy thread, this man just so happens to have one of the coolest interior designs...HGTV be warned!

NoFs: I just realized that my quote at the bottom of your posts is indeed part of your signature and not a misplaced response...They call that "Slow on the uptake" in certain cirlces...And I believe this is one of them...

Frankensteiner out.

Audios: Niyaz "In the Shadow of Life"
    Visuals: Odd Nerdrum
    Flavors: Black Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke and reheated Palak Paneer
    Fears: Being suffocated in an earth-bound sketchbook by a 3' anatomical study

-ArtilleryDumbledore

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gugg- Dear god dude. You watch this thread like a fucking eagle.
    Analog- I've never been one to be in awe of godly figures, I've always tried to be the rebel...but as the Guggocolpypse arrived, I feel to my knees...and I cried.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha! Guggopocalypse. I like that. Well does it describe the last CATL mini-meet at Gug's house. It announced it's arrival through haunting knells of, "Sammy!...Sammy!...Sammy!..."

For those of you unfortunate enough to not have been exposed to 4...3...2...1...Morte!, here is a link I found to some sample tracks:

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/4321mortelp.htm

Not the full tracks, but they'll give you a dash of the mental damage that was inflicted on us from listening to most of the soundtrack. Track #7 is a MUST.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the record collection gets a whole lot weirder than that choice, choice 1967 gem

BRU HA HA HA HA HA HA!

CATL minis rule. sunday's going to be a blast... i can give you guys the tour of the final version of my portfolio
    gugggggggggggggggg

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 2nd, 2006 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, 2pm it is. If you'd like to bring grub, that's fine, if not, we can always order some pizza. I should have a good amount of coffee and beer to keep us dehydrated, but if you want to drag some drinks over, feel free.

See you all here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    See you guys then.....I'll group my stuff from last week and sunday to make one mega-ultra-post.....much in the fashion that Voltron assembles, but with slightly less battles that determine the fate of the universe.

AnarticDonuts: I'm not going to smother you...........much

I did check out the pics from the con.....I love to observe geeks in their natural habitat,m especially when they are hot chick geeks wearing practically nothing..........I hiope you guys are planning to go to DragonCon...its pretty sweet.....maybe we should all get a booth and sell prints and whatnot....yea...money is good

Is anyone else going wee for Wii?

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    trevor---> very, very interesting idea! there are 90 days until the actual shindig, so we've all got just a wee-tiny bit o' time to perhaps kick out some art-jams in preparation. Have you gone to dragon con before? I went once, but wasn't involved in the artist alley in any way.... hmmm... we shall discuss this on sunday good sir!

dragon con this year = September 1-4, 2006
    the website

if nothing else it would be cool to go and sketch / take ref photos of all the people in their amazing / or amazingly disturbing costumes.

RAWK!!!

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm trying to hunt down some extremely bad 50's/60's sci-fi fare for tomorrow's background material, and have thus far managed to secure what has to be the only copy of "Perry Rhodan: SOS aus dem Weltall" AKA, "4...3...2...1...Morte!" available on the internet. So yes, we will get to attach some visuals to the odd soundtrack, though we will have to brush up on our German if we actually want to understand WTF they're saying. But then, the Deutch will probably make it even weirder.

Now, off to see if I can find a copy of "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would very much like to go to DragonCon. It's a bit expensive, but we might be able to get a group discount if we all register together. Hmmmm....I'll look into it. They have a really well established art scene, so it shouldn't be too hard to make some cash. If I remember correctly, they also have an art auction. We should do it!

Here we go..
    Group rates are $5 off the current membership price. A group is 10 or more people sending in their memberships (by mail or fax) to the office at one time in one envelope or one fax. Include the names and addresses of all new members; confirmation postcards will be sent separately to each member

That means that each membership would be $65 for all four days if we buy 7/14/06
    For those of you who are bad at math, it's $70 normally and $85 after that date.

I would need at least two memberships.

I just checked and it seems all of the fan tables are taken. So, that rules out being able to sell anything. The art show deadline has passed also. The only selling venue that seems to be open is the art on demand, which I guess is an online thing.

Last edited by Grendel Grack; June 3rd, 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So muchfor the CATL booth. I'm definitely gonna go again this year. I went last year, and had a great time. Word of advice, buy your tickets in advance. It's cheaper, and you wont have to wait in the long ass lines so much trying to get one.

Well guys, I tried my best to get this shit done, but I am having a beast of a workload on my back. So, with much regret, I won't be able to go to the meeting tomorrow. I really, really tried, but my procrastination has come back to bite me in the ass.....this really sucks.....sorry guys

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wes: All those movie choices sound curiously peculiar to me and just what the doktor ordered for our gathering tomorrow...I've got a few clean pages that have been nagging me for attention and I have promised them an afternoon of retro-bizararre-cinema experiences....

Fingerless: One word, my friend: Minions...Sure they can be messy and like to eat things not even feral pigs would snout up from the ground, but trust me: next time some last minute assignment (or bad bout of procrastination) decides to rise up on you, use your Minions - that's what they're for...We'll be sure to fill you in on what you'll miss...

As for DragonCon - I'm game for going...It is one of the perks of living in ATL afterall...If we decide to go in costume, I'll be attending the event as Mr. Punch and would ask that you all bring appropriate bail money as Mr. Punch can get a little out of hand...

Nunquam lamiae morde me dice...

-AdvertisingDisaster

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the sketchgroup at wes's house went really well, save the fact that my navigation skills are entirely deficient and appear to grow worse with time...

Artifex: thanks again for everything on sunday! Please thank your wife for us as well...so hospitable!

AD: love the new avatar! could you please flex your forehead abs for us?

nofingere: you missed the B-movie love--> shame shame but hopefully you cranked out what work needed to be done.

grendelgrack, dragon con interested folks: hmmm... i'm game for at least one day of dragon con action (probably the saturday would be my preference file), bummer about the deadlines already being past, but of course it would still be fun to roll to and through the con with the CATL crew. (rhyming unintentional.) . In my opinion, If the group discount is only $5 it'd probably be better to just buy seperately, since that's a good bit of duellers.

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AnalogDoll: Lovin' the new avitar! You are the man.

Wes: Thanks again for hosting and I gotta tell ya I was so full from the food I went straight to bed and didn't get up until the next day! What was that you were saying about pills put in the food?

Gugg:
    As always thanks for the ride and keep us unfortunate ones who couldn't go to the workshop informed of whats happnin'. Safe trip there n' back! I'll be posting up images from last nights film fest tonight.

In the meantime, have a Sammy day!

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most welcome, all. Yesterday was quite a bit of fun, with some good work out of everybody. Now get those posted!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After this weekend, I'm giving up clay and graphite and working only with the power of my mind shoved, kicked, and prodded through an intensifier disc...

That being the case, I would recommend that you move that lead slab 8 feet to the left...Yes, very good. Now, stand back...even more...just a little more...that's enough...

My art pulsates in red radiations that your frail human body could never understand...Well, not until you stand inside this tube...No, don't worry...He can't hurt you...He's very similar to the things you call "insects" on your own planet "Erff"...although he wears Z. Cavariccis and tends to bash his exposed brain on low-hanging objects...I tell you, he's perfectly harmless, as long as you remain still and behind me..."I command you to step aside!"

Yeah, good times this weekend. Again, thanks to Wes-Master-Fex for allowing us to converge on his home and be verbally abused by his wife...I don't know what she put in her delicious hors d'oeuvres, but I had the most bizarre round of dreams last night...That, my friends, is the mark of a successful Sunday afternoon...

And for those of you wishing to partake of Poor Man's Marble:

- In a saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil over Medium Heat.
    - In a bowl, gradually mix 1 cup of flour and 2 tablespoons of salt into 2 cups of water.
    - Add cold mix of flour/water/salt to boiling water.
    - Allow mixture to continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
    - Remove and allow to cool before use.

Do not eat. For the love of all that is black and wicked in the world, don't you dare put this in your mouth...I don't care if you've got biscuits on or a dry, country-fried steak...I take no responsibility for the misuse of this...

Yours with the yellow button of destruction,
    -AcidicDischarge

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: no doubt you are going to have to show us the workings of your exploding paper-mache styrofoam fun factory at some point soon--> i hear the stories, the hardware store bills are legendary... we die of curiosity a little more every day.

EDIT: "wes-master-fex?!?!?!?" yay! nice one AD! FLAWLESS VICTORY!

also: What is the Guggenmaneuver???

j

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 6th, 2006 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where do you guys meet? it would be fun to come and draw with you.. I mostly go to The Apache Cafe to draw the figure..hey is 3 bucks all night... www.apachecafe.info if you guys dont know how to get there..anyways.. i'll keep an eye on ya..

my new site, is crazy stuff but is my own space, I can say whatever!! hehe:
    http://theallejo05.spaces.live.com/?_c02_owner=1
    One of the art schools I respect the most:
    http://www.mimsstudios.com/philosophy.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the_allejo: Well, it depends. Guggenscrewver can probably keep you up to speed if you tell him to add you to his Little Black Book™ email list. He's the one we'll all point fingers at when the police come asking who's responsible for CATL; or the abdominal-heads drop to the surface and intone, "take me to your leader!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Allejo: Yeah, sending a PM to GuggennegguG is really the best move. He'll make sure you're on the list and give you a mainline into the CATL happenings. We're a bit smaller now that summer has rolled in and most of the local art school members are off enjoying the downtime.

That is, except for Fingerless (nofingers). He goes non-stop...There's no standing in the way of his education...We would, but he drives a big truck and we don't have medical coverage for our members...

Hope to see you around the next meetup!

-Angle(of)Death (that's 90 degrees, baby)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe shucks guys!

PM to the_allej05 sent

i'm going to miss you guys while i'm in montreal--> you can beat me up for being A pathetic sap at the zoo. then throw my ass to the lions, or some other creature that will break my bones.

I'm going to send another message about CATL ZOOTRIP DAY in the next couple of days, hopefully from Montreal ... right now we're at 7 confirmed people for, which isn't enough to get the group discount, bc we have to pay in advance... not a big deal, their lame-o discount is a measly 4 dollars anyways. Anyways, tentatively i know of probably 6 - 8 more people who will be showing up... including a fellow artist friend from my work and my college roommate! Yep folks, it's going to be a blast! Let me know if you are going to come for sure and I will add you to the roster.

RSVP me and i'll add you to a list here in this forum...got to get up to the fifteen!
    CONFIRMED AND PLANNING ON GOING
    •---> guggen joel
    •---> nofingers Trevor
    •---> Steiner ArtDogmaticles
    •---> huge har har ken
    •---> artifex
    •---> ms. artifex
    •---> artifex mini

JOEL

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 6th, 2006 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Once I get a motorcycle you guys wont be a scared no mo......grrrr.

Allejo: We are always happy to have fresh meat....I mean, a new sketch fiend.

Most of us live in roswell, and me in dunwoody. We are all a good bunch of guys, and yes, we are planning a zoo sketch trip on the 24th, but we should have another meeting before then.....maybe sometime next week?....guys?

Guggen-art-pimp-bitch-maneuver: When do you get back anyways? I wanna see what kanuck stuff you get me,....oh....and i guess i'll check your sketchbook too.....whatever

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3