Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 76

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 76 of 123 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, sorry I didn't make it. Jay didn't get home till 10. On the plus side, I had extra time to work on a new piece. I just busted out my 120 set of watercolor pencils, yum.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    5t319INE3®—> word man, tonight the catls were rearing and kickin! thanks for the props on my recent careless foray into the world of color, really means a lot to me

all—> extremely impressive stuff going on tonight. i've said it before but it bearz repeating: catl sketch group friggin rules.

i mentioned this last night (yeah there were 8 of us rocking out at the ihop until ... uhhh 1:30 ish? and now it's officially wednesday...) but...

ULTIMATE SKULL STILL LIFE STEALS LIVEZ CHALLENGE
    still life participants: ram, hansel mcplastic, dog, boar, possibly more depending on who shows and with what. might be good to bring a camera along because this could get complicated

casa de guggen, midtown, 1PM. call, pm, or email for more information: daytime flaytime i'm on holiday so sue me. just means the art gets turned up to eleven.

bring esoteric literature, 78 rpm phonograph records, tambourines, paper, or more skulls for big pile o' death. synth performance too, maybe. i've been oscillating.

come out, i can promise you that there will be merry.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A word to the wise, NEVER order salad at IHOP. It does note bode well for those who do, poor Kat.

Steiner: Character name: Captain Lumpy Bottom?....hmmm.....I'll keep trying

Gugg/Ben/others?: See ya tomorrow, or more correctly, later today.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm...International House of Pancakes...Salad...I think there's some passage in an old, unused version of the bible that states:

And lo, we stood in a bright field of enriched flour and found not a leaf of green or bean of the earth spread before us.

Zacharias said, "Let not there be any salad in this house." And we agreed.

For those bibliophiles among you, my monologue on identity and the expression of self: Marilyn Manson is Zach Braff is released on Friday...Look for it wherever better books are sold...Whatever the hell that means...

[+] AD - this crap just writes itself...

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Doll House hits the Playhouse...

Okay, so I was kidding about the whole book thing...of course, I was...but, I'm not kidding about this:

Tomorrow night at 8pm at Whitespace
    (and you must be there by 8pm) my wife and I are participating in the Viva La Frida Exhibition - a tribute to Frida Kahlo celebrating her 100th birthday...

(Yes, Wes - I'll be making my contributions too...)

It's a performance art show...So, expect all sorts of surreal apparitions and ghostly Frida visitations if you can make it out...

You can find information about the gallery and the exhibition here: Whitespace - 814 Edgewood Ave...

[EDIT: Due to portions of the exhibition being outside, if it does rain tomorrow night, the show will be canceled. Check the weather report before rolling on down.]

[+] AD - taking CATL off the page and onto the stage...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Adoll + better half doing frida inspired performance art? I'm SO there! also, AD, will respond to your email momentarilly... got away from teh computrice todays. Thanks for the heads up about the event!

all–> zoo trip!!! tomorrow. meet out in front of the zoo at 10a.m. if you want to carpool down meet at casa de gugg tomorrow at 9:30a.m.

the ultimate skull still life steal livez challenge was quite tough. i made some poor color choices, but damn it was a pile o' death like none other. good times, friends and fiends!

ru san's really needs a Live band, a dj playing at the same time, and bullhorns for the waitstaff ... i'll take one of the rolls with human eardrum wrapped up inside.

gug [attached by cape buffalos! run!]

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; July 27th, 2007 at 01:32 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I might not do the zoo trip, but there's no reason I can't make it to the Frida exhibition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Many thanks to Grendel and Jay for rolling out to the performance this evening...Those of you who missed out, well - no floating limbs and flapping Frida specters will haunt your dreams tonight...Not like they will mine. I smell of fiery rosemary and redwood...and a misdirected Sake bomb...

Hope the Zoo trip went well today and that the weekend holds many artistic endeavors for everyone!

[+] AD - burning the souls out of little deer puppets...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

notes from the field :: 78 rpm

what's this about burning the souls of deer puppets? bummer i missed the performance. thanks again for posting about it, 5t319INE®

Name:  78.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  135.9 KB

staybattlin.com has officially launched their community forum. I went ahead and signed up, and after some avatar-related dramatica, made a post over there. maybe there's some kind of graf discussion i could get started over there soon, we'll see.

fingerless and I hit the zoo like a vengeance sat. am, and besides good drawings in both our books, we actually heard the following

"Do you know who made that salamander?"
    "..."
    "Jesus made that salamander"

hehe

cheers folks, have a great weekend! titilating rice bit for ya <above>

j

(boozer doodle NOT This tuesday but tuesday 7 august, 2007)

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; July 28th, 2007 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dr. Morte's Silver Scream Spook Show!

Hang onto your headstones, kids - tonight at 10pm - Dr. Morte's Silver Scream Spook Show fires up at Ponce De Leon's very own Plaza Theater...

What's in store? Zombies? Blast-off Burlesque? Undead from the depths of the great green sea? You best your rosy red ass!

Terror from the Stage and the Screen!

Details are here: RIGHT HERE!

Further details (as in the real deal) are here: Plaza Theater Special Events...

Myspace for clips and additional information here: Silver Screen Spook Show...

[+] AD - Ending every day with bloodsucking and villainous activities...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys, I just got a confirmation from the art store that they are willing to supply us with some materials for the con. I don't have an exact list of what they will give, but I'm pretty excited. We will have to think of some sort of "thank you" card to send.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogDoll View Post
    Hang onto your headstones, kids - tonight at 10pm - Dr. Morte's Silver Scream Spook Show fires up at Ponce De Leon's very own Plaza Theater...
    Di you go to this? How was it?

For those of you that remember the horrible box art for 80's video games such as Megaman 1:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89035

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ben: I'm afraid to say that I missed out on Dr. Morte's. By the time 9pm rolled around, I'd already burned through my candle o' energy for Saturday and resigned to just knocking off early for mystic dreaming and creative recovery...

The box art link was terrific. Absolutely hilarious. Love the Super Mario Bros scene...

Fingerless: Will have a hard copy for you tomorrow to read through...

All: The thread action has tapered off...Hope that means everyone is steaming along with various projects. Tomorrow Night: Come one - come all! Raid the land of OvenSong! See thrilling art take shape! Witness Wes - the Painter of Reflected Light - manifest his enchanted illuminations! Behold the amorphous trails of socio-political debate - if you dare!

[+] AD - All will be revealed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Watch this Kyle Dunnigan stand up routine, and at about 3:05 he'll start using the loop machine....pretty awesome.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nofingers View Post
    Watch this Kyle Dunnigan stand up routine, and at about 3:05 he'll start using the loop machine....pretty awesome.
    HAHAHA! Oh, man - I loved that guy on Reno 911...That completely smacked the afternoon into submission...

Grackula: Missed your previous post about the art supply goodies...GOLD STAR for securing the Dragon-C treasure!

[+] AD - keep your eagles and your salmon biscuits to yourself!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another night of creativity and verbal abuse! It's a shame more people don't dive into CATL. Great art. Wonderful creativity. And...well...conversation of an often questionable nature...There's no place I'd rather be...

As per the conversation tonight: here's the link to the series of exceptional fan films. They're produced by Miguel Mesas, and have a wonderful sense of dramatic flair and a surprising production value: FAN FILMS! The site is en espa&#241;ol, so put those foreign language skills to good use...[Edit: I lied...there's an English version of the site...Just click the button in the upper right corner...]

[Edit 2.0 - J-Great: I've written a few resumes from time to time...PM me if you're interested in having someone give it a look over to put your work experience in order...Hope things slow down a bit on your end and you find more time for more creative entertainments...]

Looking forward to the forthcoming festivities at the casa de Guggs...Keep that button art coming...

[+] AD - double postin' for your souls...

Last edited by AnalogDoll; August 1st, 2007 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey!!!

Whats up Folks
    I hope no ones working as hard as I am.
    Anything exciting going on. I did at least try to read this page, but I think I'm to far removed to know what you guys are talking about.
    Is any one out there good at writing resumes. I need to get mine together in a major way. And writing is not my strong point. (As you can tell in this email)
    All I know is that I have to get a much better paying graphics job. I can't kill myself for peanuts any more.
    I mean, I like peanuts...they just don't pay the bills. I guess unless your last name is Planters.
    Any way, you guys stay cool. I know I will make it to a meeting one of these days.

Jay

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Holiday

MY holiday is drawing night, it has been highly productive and enjoyable... cheers folks, great showing tonight... will post 18th ALIEN-O Show -n- tell party informations sometime tomorrow (all things considerered... hopefully.) ... the shits gonna be damn fun. I'm also really stoked that catl seems to be gaining momentum just before con, because i know this is gonna be a huge turning point for us! This group fuckin rules, you people straight up inspire the heck out of me. DAWWWWWWW

Jgreat—> dude... come on out man... this crew always leaves me highly inspired. you shoulda seen MD wailin on the 'coon, or Fingerless resigning himself to working analog style after his laptop fizzledizzled... it's a good scene, hope to hear that the resume stuff works out well for you. A*doll knows his craft well, take him up, he's a pro

THESE GUYS ARE FROM ENGLAND AND WHO GIVES A SHIT

gug

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver View Post
    drawing tonight: Majestic Diner on Ponce, 8pm.
    Minis minis everywhere...

I love this bi-weekly thing that's going on. I'd really like to get the North-of-the-Perimeter Krewe (or Cr&#252;e if you come out in big hair and spandex) to start up a second session...Maybe a return to Le 'Bou...or an establishment that's less caffeinated and more inebriated?

Maybe Thursdays? Anyone down with this? Wesifex? Fingerstumps?

Oh, and before I forget:

[+] AD - imagine all the zombies...undead for today...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: Sounds like a good idea. I actually would have been at the mini last night in dunwoody, but the wife got home too late for me to justify the drive. This could definitely make it easier for me to come out regularly. Thursdays are okay for me, sometime after 7'ish, so's I can get my kid home from chop-socky class. Trevor? Who else is North and OTP?

Also, the W.H.20k book is as promised, gritty and creative. Really liking it thus far.

joelenmaneuver: ROTO 2 is looking very interesting. How's that going for you?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm up for another weekly meet...thursdays are good.

AD: Nice pick on the zombie flick.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wesifex: Glad you like the book. I love the real grittiness Abnett invokes. Wait until you get into his Gregor Eisenhorn series. Inquisitors, space demons, interstellar intrigue - oh, my!

Fingerless: I still believe a zombie bit John Lennon before he was shot...

North-o-the-P Krewe (Cr&#252;e)/and friends: Tomorrow night - 7pm - Le 'Bou (Caribou Coffee) on Mansell! The show wraps up there around 10pm, so arrive when you can, caffeinate yourself, and get into the hairy, scary thickness of the drawing action!

[+] AD - haven't had an "Apple Blast" in a long time...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: The wife's off the races with the girls from work this evening, but I'll be by the 'bou after 7pm with the munchkin in tow. He'll be jonesing for a chocolate muffin after the workout, i'm sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe nice review, wes!

Ok... i'm officially envious™ that you NOTP CATL are hookin up for the artasticness this eve. If i didn't have anatomy class i'd head up to le 'bou for frog calls and the festivities

Wes, all—> Rice On The Other update: Droppin' the big bad boiling bowl of bastiges off at the printer this evening, so after that, as soon as i can get this rambunctious rice canine stapled and bookletized, Summer rice is officially ready to go. Can't wait to get VONE NDOS all printed and ready to distribute ... I'm really stoked to see how people react to this issue! There's some AMAZING content this time around!

IT'S OFFICIAL: FALL-BROWN-RICE-SOLICITATION:

As you guys know i had some technical issues this time around, i am already rocking out pages for the Sept. 14 Deadline. That is officially soon at this point... Yes. I pushed the deadline back two weeks. With the 1st falling right in the middle of dragon*con, it's too much to worry about. all that said...

PLEASE Submit something! 1 page, 2 pages, more! I need your help to keep the arty-goop-powered RICE-TRAIN ROLLING! Fingerless, RE/BH, a-fex, FAE, i'm countin on u...

trying to exhaust all possible rice metaphors in one clumsy ill-stated swoop,
    rotoguggen

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; August 2nd, 2007 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gugg: Perhaps at the next mini you can drum up some ROTO enthusiasm by performing your new Rap hit, "Rice, Rice, Baby": "Stop! Pour some milk and listen; ROTO's back with a brand new edition..."

I'll stop there before people start throwing things.

Good times at the 'Bou last night. Nice to catch up with Trevor while my newer version enlightened teh Steiner with such penetrating observational gems as, "I went to Cici's pizza!" and, "You look very, very hungry!" and, "You should come over to play [Harry Potter]!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah - I'm thinking that Thursday night is on the books permanently now...However, as Fingerless can attest, we need a new location. This closing up shop/shoppe at 9pm bullocks is not going to fly...

Any suggestions?

Yes, I was thoroughly grilled by Tristifex on all manner of important issues: shuriken, chocolate muffins, the amount of root beer a single person can hold in a single sitting at the local CiCi's Pizza...

[+] AD - bring out your dead...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know what I'm doing? I'm double-posting, and with good reason:

THIS IS THE DOG'S BALLS: STEAMPUNK AWAY!

"Fifi can smell the fear...in your pants..."

[+] AD - Brass Goggles belongs among your bookmarks...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I expect a makeshift burlesque performance at Funwoody. Who's dancin?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MonetDances View Post
    I expect a makeshift burlesque performance at Funwoody. Who's dancin?
    Why... I think that would be you twinkletoes...

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Monet: We all know if there's dancing to be done, Trevor's all over it with his Hammer-pants.

I'll be at the borders for the ROTO unveiling. I'm expecting a signed copy...

Page 76 of 123 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2