Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude totally my favorite tv show as a kid, his name is mark kistler... the intro alone really looked so cool i loved that show.

thanks wes!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha. I knew I wasn't the only one. Course, that places me in the same group as Joel...

Maybe we should have all the CATL signing this: Yes to Drawing, No to TV!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehehe unfortunately,
    that sentiment gets me in trouble

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I say yes to everything

I have decided to join you guys...unless you specifically chose tuesday to try and thwart me, in which case the earthbound will repeatedly rain a recycled wrath of retina wrenching revenge.....alliteration bitches

see you guys then...I will likely go early to avoid traffic...4 or 5..so feel free to join me then

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    personally, a more appropriate agreement would read:
    "say no to internet, say yes to drawing"

Hell F$DASODFI yeah! TREVor™ in da HOUSE! NOW BUSTING OUT literary devices on yr ass.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    personally, a more appropriate agreement would read:
    "say no to internet, say yes to drawing
    What's that you say Mr. 835 Posts?

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Allright. Let me catch up here...

nofingers: First of all, don't call me sweetie. Secondly, it's not love. You probably just suffered a severe brain aneurysm. People get those two things confused all the time. Lastly, don't call me darling, either. I say these things out of your own good. When I eventually get my ass down to atlanta, a real-life meeting in person is quite possible. In that instance, you will probably want to remember the encounter as one in which you didn't lose any body parts. Also, I'm quite comfortable with my Moleskine.

AD: Glad to hear you made it through, buddy. If it's any consolation, I recently had a customer ask me if you could make white by mixing all the other paint colors together. I told him yes. Nice way to insert a reference, by the way. It was almost as funny as the time my cousin got a cat stuck in his ass.

Artifex33: In the spirit of nostalgia, by some random occurance "Zoobilee Zoo" came up in a conversation recently. Did anyone else watch that?

Last edited by Grendel Grack; May 19th, 2006 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GG: One of my favorite shows as a child...although i really remember only that there were a bunch of people dressed as animals....I used to have a puzzle of the show that i played with a lot. And my litle outburst was all in jest of course....maybe i should get more attention from my girlfriend

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I understand your jest. I just take any opportunity I get to express aggression.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, the weekend. A time to relax, to enjoy the comforts of being away from work, and to pursue endeavors of an artistic nature...

Firstly, let me apologize for my use of "vivisection" in previous posts on this thread (in reference to Body Worlds). For the sake of those who (edit: who is not spelled qho) donated their bodies, those of you who may visit the exhibit in the future, and the correct usage of the English language, I admit my mistake.

I cannot be 100% positive, but I am fairly certain that none of the body parts displayed at Bodies: The Exhibit were cut, carved, or hacked away from donors, while they were still alive...as "vivisection" would imply...Whew. Okay. Now some 10-year old kid that stumbles across this thread and misuses the word in some class or paper will not be able to blame me...

Secondly, I think for the safety of CATL, we should pool some cash together and send a card and flowers to Trevor's girlfriend...This will - hopefully - ellicit a positive response that will help insure that Nofingers does not become Nofingersandtoes...

Lastly, I was a devoted fan of Picture Page hosted by Bill Cosby. That is, until I received my Official Picture Page Mortimer Icobod Marker and it DID NOT make the same sound that Bill Cosby's did...Oh, I called down the fury of elementary school wrath that day - yes, I did...Got the skinned knee scar to prove it...

-A-to-the-D

Last edited by AnalogDoll; May 20th, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit, picture page. Perhaps the network execs created that show to teach kids the meaning of growing up. It would certainly be a big wet slap to the face to recieve a marker that made no noises. I was always kind of suspicious about that as a child. But then again, I never though Bill Cosby was entertaining.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: nice of you too offer, but she might be suspicious getting a card that read:

Dear Jenifer,
    I want us to spend more time together,
    Love,
    Trevor, Eric, Joel, Chauncey, Ben, Melissa, Wes and the rest of the CATL gang

That definitely would not fly...i think i can handle it myself

and Picture Page...before my time, so sorry old folks

Last edited by nofingers; May 21st, 2006 at 08:41 PM.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ideas for making catl sketchgroup better, more fun, prone to exponential growth?

hehehe i know i know, kick me out of it.

seriously folks, i think we should discuss it brainstorming, events you'd like to go to and draw, maybe we could try to get a show, enter some contest, whatnot...the last meetings have been absolutely thrilling; i'm deeply stoked to have found such a great group of friends with which to draw--See: pld:!!! Also, how would the email list be better governed??? would love to hear what you guys suggest. the zoo trip sounds like a lot of fun, if there are more than 15 of us... i know, that's a whole lot, we could get a group discount to get in. I'll research and baby's got back issues.

less important but still pressing:
    anyone wanna go to apache cafe tomorrow night and hang / draw?

hearts,
    guggggggg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree that the zoo is an excellent idea. I'd planned to bring along my wife and son, so that can pad that 15 a bit.

As to the email thing: I've seen other people use yahoo groups to good effect, but honestly, I think the CA forum is handling the gruntwork pretty well. PM's and subscribed threads do everything I can imagine us needing for now. The only drawback is the risk of pumping up our post count. (shrug)

A contest is a good idea. I see that the Last Man Standing 2 thread is going like gangbusters, but it looks like it might be too late to enter that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    brainstorming for the zoo trip then?

•---> Probably best for us to each try and drive our own cars...marta to over there is kind of complicated + time consuming unfortunately.

•---> maybe we should plan to brown bag it. and before you ask, steiner, i meant your lunch, not the tequilla bottle. although giving some baboons some tequilla might be interesting. i'm thinking 5 - 6 hours of drawing, hanging out (we can communicate from sub-groups by cellphone) will probably get us a lot of sketchbook pages done. afterwards there are some cool bars restaurants we could chill at if you guys are interested in furthering the CATL ecstasy. beyond that, i may be able to have everyone over at my house this time around and we could chill there.

•---> if we got there at gates opening in the morning we'd have more active animals and could do a once over and double back to the areas where each of us would like to spend time drawing. personally i'm interested in the baboons, lions, and reptile area. pandas, not so much, but other bears i really like. i'm also a sucker for birds.

•---> what are you guys interested in drawing there???

•---> Probably i'll be sure to wear some sunblock because i'm prone to getting my ass burned to a crisp.

•---> eating in the park ( probably want to stay away from the fast food offerings there, or hell, maybe dive right in ) would afford us 2 - 3 hours extra drawing time... awesome i.m.o. + unlike the bodies exhibit restrooms are around so there's no reason to feel weird about leaving.

•---> also we should have a backup plan in case we get rained out...granted there are indoor exhibits there, but i don't want my SB to get wet.

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Count me in!

I'm down for the cafe tonight and the zoo. A group show would be cool (if I can get over my "I can't draw" phase I'm currently in). I know it's pricey, but if it rains, do they allow sketching in the museum? Maybe another airport trip? I'll try to think of something...

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by seansea
    (if I can get over my "I can't draw" phase I'm currently in)
    dude stop with that isht you are so money and you don't even know it.---> btw, I'm probably getting out of work a few hours early today--> will call you about the apache cafe thinger.

Chauncey makes an excellent point--> the airport is always an excellent alternative in the event of foul weather. High museum of art or fernbank would be good---> If the High we can park our cars at my job's parking lot and then walk a couple of blocks over to the museum.

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fernbank is an excellent suggestion in case of rain. The High would be good, especially if they had some statuary. I got such a kick out of drawing the marble statues at Caesar's in Vegas. The botanical gardens would be some good enviro practice. Then there's the awesome new aquarium, though that might be super crowded.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zoo + earthbound sketchbook = Artpocalypse.....I think that i will be spending much time around the gorillas and elephants...the bigger the better

I like Artifex's idea of the botanical gardens...or aquarium as a backup plan.

Wont be going to the cafe tonight (got a hot date), but i will see you guys at BnN tomorrow evening

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nofingers: Glad we could renew the spark in your relationship with the threat of a group intervention...and no, that's not some weird way of saying "We're all going to show up and watch"...That's just invasive and sticky...

All: Zoo = great idea. Tequila and baboons = bad idea. Ask me about how you can mix primates with alcohol to lose your Visa while on safari in the Greater Ghanda Basin...If we need extra people, I can rope my wife in as well...

I will be forgoing the Apache Cafe meetup tonight...However, I will be keeping my scheduled appearance at the BnN tomorrow...Do we convene outside or in?

-Analog-D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I usually hang out on the patio at Starbucks, weather permitting. There's quite a bit of seating out there; much more than inside, so we'll probably be better off out there if more than a handful of us show up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    apache cafe report: Chauncey and i had a good time at the drawing session at apache cafe last night...ran into ben c., who it appears may be making an appearance tonight at the B&N impromptu insanity. I drank too much expresso and had a huge headache at the end of the night... Yow. thank goodness for tylenol PM... ...Got a couple of nice little sketches out of the dealio, though the models were slightly fidgetty and i get distracted by talking fun fun. SPECIAL TREAT, a friend of mine (named brett) is going to be dropping by here at some point soon, and will likely accompany us to the zoo! If you see a guy in here with a Utrecht bag you'll know that's him.

Big Carl keep on Rovin, CATL sketchgroup keep on growin

7:30 p.m. it is then tonight at the north point b&n starbucks? so-called skeeters are kind of bad now, so outside is good unless those buggers are swarming. sounds like fun guys, i can't wait!

Also---> Would June 24 be a good date for the CATL-ZOO-SKetcharific outing??? i know that's a long ways off, but i'm pretty much tied up until that saturday with preparations for the workshop and various weddings and other boring stuff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ARtIfex--> good idea with the atlanta botanical gardens; there are some really nice landscapes there + buildings. the Nikki in the garden thing looks interesting...There is some really good potential for life drawing from the landscapes and buildings, which are quite attractive. Maybe we could have an official landscape session where we'd do the botanical garden and then move on over to piedmont park since that's a nice place but parking is problematic at best. I know that the high has some really nice statuary inside the gallery, and there's that awesome RODIN sculpture outside and right on peachtree. Nice idea friend! will see you tonight at the shindig.

nofingers--> you have to buy us all a round of coffee for saving your relationship. :-P hehehehe that or you can just crit my portfolio with a SCATHING, NASTY vengeance and we'll call it even

AD--> See you tonight friend; If the embassy from nigeria calls, the gibbons are still in L'AFRIQUE, and I don't know anything about the wooden crate full of gorilla hand ashtrays.

j

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 23rd, 2006 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, all - the weather report in from the forecasters at work this afternoon reads: Severe thunderstorms with a strong chance of loose debris battering about the head, neck, chest and the rest of the upper torso...

I've been assigned another wonderful assignment that needs "immediate and thorough attention" and it looks like I'll be forgoing any arty activities this evening...I'll have to link up with the group for the next go around (or simply drop in on Wes during one of his weeknight escapes at the Starbucks)...

Enjoy the Bubble and Squeak...

Cheers!

-AD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to hear about that AD.....you will be with us in spirit...also, i will be doing a spot-on impression of you, as well as much trask talking behind your back....so its practically the same thing.....i jest of course. See everyone at the place

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

well,

bummer steiner

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to Gug and Nofingers for showing at the B&N. Always helpful to have someone there willing to point and laugh if you start to slack. I updated the sketchbook thread with my hard-won works:

The Babes of B&N

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a delightful time was had by all; good drawings were made and entire lives of russian teenagers divulged. at one point the air filled with the odor of blackberry pie and the teenage laughter of alpharetta. it seemed they had turned to my newest sketchbook page. PICK up on the context clues below for more details or maybe DROP by next time if only for a little while ...

EVERYONE check out the New goodies from my main man ARTIFEX!!!

AD: Trevor made no such impression. The weather was delightful, the overheard conversations were quite scandalous. then the alpharetta hipsters arrived and pulled out their smoking organics and whipped out a mini hookah, which filled the air with the smell of blackberry pie, and dirty feet. you missed out man, but hopefully you enjoyed the night off. your input in my portfolio package would have been greatly appreciated, but that's just me being selfish. seriously, i know you were probably modeling some project anyways mr. workaholic

nofingers: so many hot young brunette girls around and you drew me?!?!?!?! what the F man.... i'm seriously weirded out. kidding of course, draw whatever the hell you want, but i crushed on like 9 different alpharetta gals like a proper dirty old man should. the soap opera was a little much to take in at times; i should have busted out the earplugs.

artifex: Way to go man... stuff is looking good in the thread. I IMPLORE THEE! Start a sketchbook thread and let us watch your artistic growth my friend, meeting challenges, rocking out the dragons, slaying the babes with the pigment marker. At any rate, EXCELLENT WORK-->fill up that book homey and move on!

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gug: Sketchbooks--don't worry. The new site is coming along, and I'll have my whole library of work posted there, likely including my super-old sketchbooks to point and guffaw at.

Everyone but Gug and NoFingers: Damn. A hookah. Who the F has a hookah, and of those that do, who brings it to an Alpharetta Starbucks??

Gug: Blackberry pie flavored hookah puffs? Sounds like a Saturday morning cereal commercial.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey!!! hey!!! hey!!!
    we're now at 100% in the sketchbook thread from last night's little mini-catl sketchgroup! CHECK-IT yall!
    -j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anyone down for gathering next tuesday??? same CATL time? same CATL channel?

work in the SB thread looks good everyone!

jkb

Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3