Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 68

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3690
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok so this weekend isn't so good for the renn fair--besides my own conflicts, I think two days out in the sun is going to wear the artists down. Not to mention that whole skin cancer thing.

Maybe we should check the weather each week for the weekend ahead and plan as we go.

Calendar gets my vote.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    guggz: Yes, the google calendar is definitely a good idea. I've already discovered it for keeping track of the family calendar. Good stuff.

Anyone else to roll out for Dr. Sketchy?

Anyone else seen Spidey 3 yet? IMO: too much sand, not enough venom drool; too much man-crying, not enough venom drool. Seven on a 1-10 scale.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's the url for our calendar on google calendars:
    http://tinyurl.com/2dwsd4

some of you CATL regulars can add and change events as you wish! (if i have your email address that is and you have a google account with which to access it )

woohoo!

gug

EDIT: add in your birthdays, you bastiches.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 14th, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update on art junk goin on:

MINT
    MIXT

Call for submissions

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules."
    -high fidelity

MINT is looking for artists to participate in its upcoming mix-tape art show titled MIXT. We are asking that selected artists will create a mix tape (you remember cassette tapes don't you) and accompanying art work to show (and be heard via walkmen) at the grand opening of MINT's new gallery space this August. We are also open to proposals for mix tape inspired art, projects, or installations outside of our suggested format. If you are interested in participating, please send samples or links to previous work, as well as a short proposal if you plan on being extra creative, to me at mike.germon@gmail.com

We will also be looking for people to donate/loan walkmen for use during the exhibit.

Thanks,
    Mike Germon
    mike.germon@gmail.com
    http://www.myspace.com/mintshowroom

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man I wish I would of found this thread sooner! This is just what I have been trying to get myself involved with. A community of artist that support one another and share common interest and goals! Hellyes! Anywho, I live in downtown atlanta, off of ralph mcgill. I checked out the page for the CATL community and it looks pretty cool. How exactly do you guys go about getting together? Where are the usual spots you guys hang out? I would definitely would like to start being active in this group. THanks again guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jc- Im pretty new to the CATL community too, but I can tell you, it's alot of fun. You chose a good time to post- the weekly get-togethers occur every Tuesday, at the Coffee shop in the Dunwoody Borders:

4745 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd.
    Dunwoody, GA 30338
    Phone: 770.396.0004

Hope to see you there!

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tues nights 7-8 to 'bout 11 (when Borders closes) is the regular mini meeting... at Borders near Perimeter Mall. (off ashford-dunwoody road)

then we have about once a month events (larger ones)... and then occassional really unplanned casual hangouts.

also, in midtown, we occassionally and sporatically (sp?) get together at Octane (off Marietta Street) to draw during lunch hours for those of us who work/live in that area...

welcome to the herd ;]~

...how'd you find out about us?

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all: i'm gonna try to swing out to the mini tonight as I'd planned, but the wife's got a nasty case of strep, so i'm gonna wait until after i've put my newer version down to bed before I head out. I'm bringing goodies of the circular, shiny, data-bearing kind for those of a digital art persuasion. My official CATL Librarian's hat will be firmly in place.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, if JCA doesn't know where to go to meet up with us by now, I'm going to be disappointed...

JCA: I'm certain you'll get another long blast of directions, membership privileges, web info, and the like from Guggenstein here shortly, that should answer any questions you may have or provide answers to things you could have gone the rest of your life without knowing...

Fingerless: Had a change in plans and won't be needing those cathode rays anymore. Thanks for the offer.

Guggs: Got your various emails, communiques, and digital smoke signals.

Ben: Need new music. Put those wheels of steel to work.

[+] AD - gory locked...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Membership Privilege 1 : Constant bludgeoning with doorknob-filled sacks...

Membership Privilege 2 : Low-cost medical care (Physician may not be licensed - or a physician; Medical examination will be carried out using mechanical pencils and eraser shavings; Medical advice may contain, and is limited to: "That looks bad- you should put some superglue on it..."

Membership Privilege 3 : Free use of the CATL Group Lucky Stone of Creativity! (WARNING: Lucky Stone of Creativity is cursed, and should not be handled by women, men, or any other living being...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tjt—> A mix tape AND art? wow... i really love this idea! heh... so busy with my alien-Ø stuff i'm probably gonna have to pass. thanks for posting it though... you should edit out the guy's email address just for safety's sake though: we're definitely subject to e-mail trollers and so forth on here . OCD—> tomorrows or thursday? You have to see this show up at octane...i want to hear your thoughts on it/ the work / the presentation. anyways, hopefully see you tonight...

tylerFR9INE—>
    Dude thanks for jumping in and providing the pertinent info! for future reference, there's a google mapped thing with directions provided by nofingers in post#911 on page 16.

jcatlanta—> again, welcome to the herd! Moo! easiest way to keep track of all things catl sketch group is to check in here regularly/subscribe to this thread. For the more major events i send out something to the email list, but that's more infrequently. Meetings every week, etc: We just got our group calendar set up officially over on google calendars. Lots of stuff going on for us in the coming months!

all—> i see you crazy CATLs on here! my "ALIEN-Ø" production supplies are finally assembled, phase two begins very soon! hopefully i will have stuff to show you guys very soon getting really stoked about it. Expiremental Puppetry Theatre (XPT) on Friday night anyone? I promise it'll rock and be worth the bread you spend. I'm definitely going: i will not miss it again this year.

cheerz -n- jeerz
    gug

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 15th, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome! Thanks all for the quick reply. As for how I heard about this? Its actually pretty random. I was looking for a thread on what scanner to purchase and figured I would do a search on here for the best opinions. Then something popped up saying CATL atlanta and I was curious to know since I am in altanta too. I will defintely try and make my way to the meetings, but since my truck broke down recently I will have to wait and see. So what usually takes place in the meetings? Also, if you guys want to have a meeting at my place, you all are more than welcome too. I live in a loft right in the downtown area that way all of us can have kind of a centralized area. But thanks again for the warm welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatlanta View Post
    So what usually takes place in the meetings?
    Ever heard of a guy named Caligula?

Also, if you guys want to have a meeting at my place, you all are more than welcome too.
    Party at JC's! I'll bring the beer. Nofinger- if history is any indication- will bring the high school girls...

Just Kidding....sorta?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfr99 View Post
    Ever heard of a guy named Caligula?

Party at JC's! I'll bring the beer. Nofinger- if history is any indication- will bring the high school girls...

Just Kidding....sorta?

haha...well I have a kegerator at home so bring the girls and we will call it even!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha...well I have a kegerator at home so bring the girls and we will call it even!
    Come on now- I wouldn't do that to you. Bring high school girls? I can see it now.

"What? No, I won't buy you cigarettes.... 'OMG' what?....No, I don't know what Stacy said about you in 1st period, but it's probably true...Don't 'Whatever' me!"

Heh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfr99 View Post
    Come on now- I wouldn't do that to you. Bring high school girls? I can see it now.

"What? No, I won't buy you cigarettes.... 'OMG' what?....No, I don't know what Stacy said about you in 1st period, but it's probably true...Don't 'Whatever' me!"

Heh.
    haha then lets opt out on the high school girls.....I prefer older women anyways. But if you guys need seriously need a location once in a while, let me know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, the thread takes its usual random turn...

Guggs: I'll sign on for the XPT trip on Friday. That's what I call rod-puppet happiness...

All: Sarah started her May-mester this week (something like an entire semester of classes crammed into a two week period), so I have to pull some weight this week to keep the Doll House up and running. I was hoping to make a limited appearance at the mini tonight, but that's been derailed.

As I need to escape this place (because I'm starting to think my office is out to consume my soul), is anyone up for sushi on Thursday? Raw fish, sake bombs, and a little rap-tap-tap on the taiko?

[+] AD - Super bad...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogDoll View Post
    As I need to escape this place (because I'm starting to think my office is out to consume my soul), is anyone up for sushi on Thursday? Raw fish, sake bombs, and a little rap-tap-tap on the taiko?
    I would be up for that.

This place might be a little far from you, but I've been wanting to check it out:

http://www.lunarmagazine.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=26325

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ALL: Ideas: 1) Not sure how many/if there are any takers...but how about a CATL camping trip? There are a few good parks I know of in my area. There's one called Little River Canyon (i'm sure Guggs knows about this one)...waterfalls, funky rocks and trees, deep canyons, and several swimming holes...what's better is that it's actually in alabamie (Romes close neighbor)...You guys could come up one Sat, we could wear ourselves out there and you could stay over at my place (or in the wilderness).

2)Midnight Lautrecian sketch/pub crawl...I still want to do that, please don't send me out into the drunken night alone, armed only with my sketch book and the will to catch craziness on paper.

Guggs: That CATL loving you got, how did you know it was me?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all / MOOTYKA—> OOH! thanks for the ideas! Little River Canyon—> excellent!!! oh wow...the scenery there is totally sublime! there are a few places in rome that if the catl crew were to visit we'd have to check out, but us ROMEGANs won't reveal all the crazy sights and experiences to be had and beheld just northwest of the sacred, sacred land of ovensong. Dates—> (we have a calendar now, woohoo ) maybe a couple of weeks after dragon con??? that way there's plenty of time to plan and there aren't any fiery dragon-deadlines breathing down collective catl necks (read—> mine.). [Who else would bust out the epic ornate poeticz? Shucks!]

CATLautrecian Pubcrawl {MARKETTING ZINGER +5,000 pts! } would be great! probably the easiest thing to do would be to get on board with the drink and draw group in atlanta and check out how they do it. then maybe later we could host our own based on how they roll. unoriginal i know but in talking about this many times this seems to be the best route i.m.o. this gets more unholy CATL moos resonating and echoing into the sub-lingual gyri of Atlanta-årt-secne's reptilian brain... will dig up some links and try to send emails tomorrows

all—> great times at le mini tonight... thanks for the feedback on the schematic design wes! EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks to everyone who's reviewed and added stuff to the calendar... it's a great resource and is going to be very key in planning stuff. already it's so much easier to get a feel for how the CATL events are gonna flesh out. one thing i'm thinking is that we should, at the minis leading up to dragon con, brainstorm the hell out of our table setup... maybe have some seperate weekend / sunday afternoon type events where we actually make stuff or just finalize our giveaways and CATL drawing lounge setup. Be brainstorming!!!

5T31N93®, 3TH@X—> since 5T31n93® is farthest away he should make the call. i'm down for whatever

thassall i can think of for now folks,

j

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 16th, 2007 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "It'll start in one second..." Oh, man. I was ill-equipped for this. I should always have breakfast before I start clicking Ben's links...I need that separation between what's real and what's still part of the dream world...

Fune: I dig the ambiance of this place...Very neo-Tokyo...If we shoot for an 8pm rendezvous, it should be doable...

Guggs: Have to be up in Dawsonville on Friday with the parents and it sounds like I won't be back in The ATL in time to make it to the show. Waiting to get a full itinerary.

PubCrawl: I've always been a fan of jumping in and just doing it, but whatever works...

GENERAL CATL EVENTS:

We've spoke about this before, but it's a good time to post up a reminder: As a group without a defined "leader," it's important that we avoid shuffling off "initiative" onto one or two people and hope things come together. At the beginning of 2007, we had a good push to take some of the CATL maintenance off of Guggs' hands. However, it seems that now that we're in May planning has fallen back to suggestions and less "I'm taking charge of this month and here's what I've got planned."

If you've got an idea, get it up on the calendar, own it, and invite people. If they can attend, they'll show up. If they've got a conflict, they'll catch the next one. Obviously, we want to involve as many members as possible, but sometimes that just won't work out.

Find the thing that you want to do - whatever you think will help you grow as an artist - and make it happen. We will come out and support you.

[+] AD - green eggs and ham...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What seats should I try for with XPT?
    Anyone get their tickets already so I can aim for nearby seating and pelt you with spit balls?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    md—> i got seat E-10. pelt away with spitballs, but there might be a pencil fight during intermission if you don't watch out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just an FYI: the CATL Group Calendar has been updated with a few events:

*Sushi-a-go-go @ Fune 8pm(???) on Thursday...

*XPT @ Atlanta Center for Puppetry Arts on Friday...

*Updates to weather for the Renaissance Faire this weekend (Sat/Sun) - only 3 weekends left...

*Dan Deacon - May 30th @ The Drunken Unicorn...

Update those PDAs...or calendars...or the back of your hand...

[+] AD - tippity-tap-tap...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't forget to add the Zoo trip on Sunday...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tyler: shoot me yr email via PM and i'll add you to the calendar admins . plus i could have sent you some premium hillarity this a.m.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pubcrawl: not really something I want to do without knowing for sure someone else will join me due to leering men, lack of martial arts skills, and not really knowing what pubs/bars are a good idea. If anyone wants to do this with me, let me know a friday night you'll be up for this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    motyka: conveniently, several members of the group both know how to leer famously and how to employ martial arts skills; some even at the same time.

Pub crawl sounds kinda fun, though I'll have to plead ignorance on the pub scene and rely upon others' expertise.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know, I always feel bad that Motyka has to roll all the way out our way for events like this. Is there someplace in Romega that we could rock or crawl along? Would this make a good double-up event - like sketching around Romega (Cabbagetown - ahhhhh!) and a pub crawl?

As for hitting the Atlanta pub scene, I think Joel's the guy to ping for suggestions. I'm not saying he's a raging alcoholic that wanders from once Long Island Iced Tea to the next, but he hasn't let us down yet for pubbing suggestions...or food...or ink supplies...or skulls...

I'm game any Friday in June and any weekend except the 23/24...I've got a gig in "The Vegas," and it doesn't involve gold sunglasses or a hunk of burning love...

[+] AD - has anyone ever cried out "Boom Shakalakka!" in a moment of victory?

Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2