Page 68 of 284 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 168 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Big events are the tits...

Since we're looking at times, 2nd weekend would be best for the AD, as I'll be off on anniversary activities the weekend of the 3rd...

What's the word on Motyka's Fall House Gallery Festival? I was planning on taking the freakshow on the road to Rome for a little oil painting and freestyle boozin'...

Personally, I'm not opposed to the whole photodocumentation of our events, so long as I, like Fingerless, don't have to be captured on film...I don't want to have to send out my "Dear Turd, thank you for posting my picture without my permission" form letter...

Where in the happy-bedthyme-story-gone-wrong-in-hell is Cabbagetown and what makes you think I'm ready for that kind of experience? Cabbagetown...Just say it aloud...No, no. I'm not going...

"Cabbagetown? Yes, sir. You head right on up this road here and, make a left at the fork, and that'll take you right on into Cabbagetown proper. But, I'll tell you this. If'in you're thinkin' about taking that strange lookin' fellar in there with you, well, you'd best be fit for runnin'...They don't like them sorts of people that are all soured around the eyes, if you know what I'm meaning...If'in they start throwing stones, it's best to get in the middle of the road...Aim's not too good, but they throw a good many and a lucky one is all it'll take...Just get those legs of yours a'working and run, run, run..."

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

hahaha

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BUMPED!

news from west coast CATL Correspondentseansea:
    Quote Originally Posted by seansea
    Hey Googabajooba!
    The Frisco Mini workshop is on December 15,16, & 17th. I know it's pushin' it close 2 the holidays, but by that time I'll have a bigger room, so if you or one of the CATLiens decide to come out you've got a place to crash.
    If anyone wanted to go out for the big event you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal... and you'd get to hang out with a real live local, can't get much better than that. when i stayed out there for the SF workshop god even though i was in a room with three other guys i'm sure i spent at least $250-$300 on lodging. you'd be savin big and representing catl in a big way.

guggenbumpingtheecatlhomethreadmanure

Thanks

sketchcrawl information

Greetings CATL sketchgroup...

there's this site called sketchcrawl.com where this notion of a sketchcrawl is presented and so forth... tomorrow is the eleventh annual one, but i wanted to mention it because though i haven't received any hits on the actual board, i've received several emails from folks who saw the post and were interested in hanging out and drawing.

Know that http://www.catlsketchgroup.org is in my signature there, and it points folks right back to the last page / post of this thread. errr... i guess what i'm trying to say is especially with this and the postcards we're going to be growing a bit, at least that's what i'm hoping for. You should, if possible try and advertise http://catlsketchgroup.org in whatever ways you feel comfortable with and it can only lead to bigger and better things and events for us. Growth isn't easy but it feels like we're about to take the sketchgroup to the next, upper eschelon of sketchgroup excellence.

also, more thoughts on the rooftop shindig would be greatly appreciated.

Sharpen your pencil and ready the inkwell,
    thangz're about to get ill

SINE~cerebrally,
    gugg

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; September 22nd, 2006 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogDoll
    "Cabbagetown? Yes, sir. You head right on up this road here and, make a left at the fork, and that'll take you right on into Cabbagetown proper. But, I'll tell you this. If'in you're thinkin' about taking that strange lookin' fellar in there with you, well, you'd best be fit for runnin'...They don't like them sorts of people that are all soured around the eyes, if you know what I'm meaning...If'in they start throwing stones, it's best to get in the middle of the road...Aim's not too good, but they throw a good many and a lucky one is all it'll take...Just get those legs of yours a'working and run, run, run..."
    ROFL. Oh man, it's good to have AD back in the thread.

All: I have a software release schedule over the next few weeks to contend with, but hopefully I'll still be able to hit the weather-dependent, under-or-on the roof CATL this time around. On the 30th, I have a minor release, which I don't know whether or not will require me to be around on that Saturday. On the 15th of October I have a major release, which will definitely require my attention, and most likely for the whole day.

Photography: Easily managed. We all just get latex cow masks to wear. Jaw-rings optional. :]

Gugg: why is there a link to a circular saw on amazon in your post? (scratches head)

Last edited by Artifex33; September 22nd, 2006 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks
    mini workshop? What's this?

I don't know when works best for me... so plan on. Cabbagetown!!! Anything out of the ordinary sounds fun and exciting!!! hahaha.

"and what was it you said you were sketching studies of again on your splendid visit to cabbagetown?"

"I TOLD you too many times before! We observed the wonderous and varied forms of carrots!"

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Doublin' Up! =O

man... people post fast... in the time I had read and replied joel's last post, there were two others following.

we should be walking advertisers! CATL T-SHIRTS!!!

or better yet... CATL SANDWICH BOARDS!!!

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Fae: I'm holding out for the CATL Official Lunchbox, myself!

Thanks

Breaking News!!!! Sketchcrawl Tomorrow!!!

ok... i mentioned the folks i had talked to from the sketchcrawl.com site... Joe has put together a sketchcrawl for tomorrow afternoon! I'm going to do my best to try and make it, but anyways, i thought i'd post the information here so that you wonderful folks can access it:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Hey Joel,

Sorry this week has been kind of hectic for me. Yep, I
    put together a bit of a sketchcrawl. We're going to
    meet at Piedmont Park in midtown at noon and then at
    3;30 head over to the Lenox Square Mall Food Court in
    Buckhead. If it rains, we'll go to the food court at
    noon, and then I was thinking of maybe sketching
    people at a bowling alley. A lot of repetitive poses.
    We probably won't stay there long though if we do.
    Anyway, you can reach me at (Hey CATL-->CALL ME if you need this, ok?) if you want
    to meet up with us.

Take care and hope to see you then

Joe
    Takers? Sounds freaking awesome, eh?! Apologies for the short notice... do hit me up if you are interested in going and we'll figure something out. I've got a few minor chores to take care of in the morning but should theoretically be free in time to head out to the park! WOOT!!!

SINE~cerebrally,

guggen-joel-maneuver
    wes--> LOL LOL LOL i just trying to see if anyone would catch that total randomness way to go, you win a no prize!

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; September 22nd, 2006 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks
    Count me in, you can. Be your carpool sketch buddy, I will. Rocked my face off, Ladytron did, hehehe. Have a drawing frienzy tomorrow, we will......anyways, you already knew this stuff, so......yea

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Ya'll are sketching and I'm starting work at Starbucks.

Hey, think about it for a second. When I finally return...DISCOUNTS!

Meaning, not much will change for me concerning the prices of drinks, seeing as I hardly ever pay for them anyways, but it'll be of help to everyone else.

w00t.

Thanks
    Hey, 2100 from Vancouver dialing in. Hope you guys had a good time today, we sure did. Would just like to remind you folks to post your stuff here aswell!

Thanks
    SWEET SIXTEEN!

thanks for stopping in 2100, i'll definitely post my results of the EIGHT HOURS OF SKETCH-TASTIC-NESS after i scan the pages tomorrow. and i'm trying to do some nice drawing for a while today, just to keep the momentum going properly.

All ye CATL should be aware:
    The kind sketchmaster himself who set up the sketchcrawl, Joe, and his fellow arteeests really blew us away with their style of sketchbook throwdown. Also, SPECIAL TREAT—It sounds like they may be rolling out to our next big CATL sketch group event!

Saturday's sketchcrawl was a blast! frisbees were tossed; S ='d Success; and UV light was absorbed. funtimes for all involved. nofingers came to the amazing, dumbfounding conclusion that "this paper is really thin." Amazement of amazement! ethax fought the odds, and then he ended up winning. "You're not going to find a copy of that in a radius of 100 miles..." hehehe

<fae><mucosa>
    , have you ever drawn on laid paper? stop your snickering, i'm being serious. I've got a lot of it, it's pretty much my favorite swanky paper. strathmore baby yeah. for our trade maybe 25 sheets or something? LTTR sized, too.

CATL Mini-sketch-group this tuesday night, everyone else. same catl location; same catl time.

So i've been trying to get in touch with MOTYKA about the coming events, but we've been playing phone tag. currently, she's it. Cheapo starbucks drinks eh eh eh? sounds snacktacular.

j

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; September 24th, 2006 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks
    I know I've gone a while, but I assure you all I've had a good reason. I've been busy trying to start a career. Any of you who work in shitty jobs knows what lengths a person will go to procure more self-fulfilling employment. No, not prostitution (i know what you're thinking, AD). Anyway, to show how much I care, I just updated my sketch page. Enjoy.

Page 68 of 284 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 118 168 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1