Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 66

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 66 of 123 FirstFirst ... 16 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 3690
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just in case the urge suddenly washes across the group and the cries of "B-BOYS! B-GIRLS! BATTLE'S ON!" roar into the May sky Saturday night, I've just managed to crush an entire length of a refrigerator box into my sketch bag...

1. Moleskine: check
    2. Electric eraser: check
    3. Mechanical pencils: check
    4. Kneaded eraser: check
    5. Phial of Dr. Phibes "Creative Extraction" Tonic: on order
    6. Emergency Down Rock cardboard box: check

I'm set for Saturday...

[+] AD - a tool against depression...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh no... I've tried to give up my old breakdancing ways...but as the saying goes:

"When the cardboard is on the ground, you have no choice but to break it down..."

BTW- what is Dr. Phibes Creative Extraction Tonic?

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TylerFr99—> "Tyler Father 99?" "Tyler Frine9?" welcome to teh catl disc. board, t ! explain the L33T of your name? or not

gug—> is getting pumped up for saturday's festivities! anyone have questions about summer rice deadline? th3rd p3rrrs1

grackula—> thanks for the dragon*con tip! Definitely would love to see what tasty graphic treatment you'd bust out for the summer issue. i know this one is going to end up being a huge collection of amazing work!

The other Lavhoes Tyler is officially now known ONLY as Lavhoes. hehehe

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im afraid it is much more boring than that.

Tyler- my name
    Fr- the first two letters of my last name
    99 - A good number to add to the end

;p Maybe I should come up with a new, more fun name.....perhaps...

"Loveshoes Tyler" ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my, has the group grown recently: growth spurt? guggeliciousmiraclegrow!?!?

SO, because I CAN (CAN CAN):

FOND MEMORIES OF THE HERD
    a mootastic recollection:

NOTE: Entries listed below are subjective in nature and will be listed based on the interpretation of memory + time... ahhh... the affects of nostalgia...

EVENTS:

- Feelin' like a FOOL, wandering through the mall, loaded with art-crap to the max... trying to call Guggs... wondering where in the world the first CATL meeting was goin' down... and he wasn't answering his phooone...

- Our first sketchjams sitting there in the mall... no one knew anyone else... well, that's not true. I knew no one else. Chauncey knew no one else... and Joel and the SCADalites all brought a support network... and all the while I was thinking meeting #1 was gonna consist of Chauncey, Joel, and I... boy was I pleasantly wrong.

- Cinqo de Sketcho (sp?) #1... packing into an overly crowded mexican restaurant... meetin' the second half of our current CATL regs.

- THE ZOO TRIP--- can I get a... MOO? Now this ROCKED way too much... drawing gorillas and KANGAROOS... and girls hitting on HHH... and then ALL of us all sweaty and wonderfully nasty going to get some rockin' coffee in lil5... also, on a last note: I had to commandeer Wes's pencil sharpener to ransom my sunglasses back, you clepto!...

- BOT GARDENS! We got to hang with Grack for the first time. And the skull tried to eat Kenneth... but actually the story goes that he served himself up to it...

- Meeting at Le Bou...

- Switch to The 'Bux...

- Switch to current location: BORDERS... where...
    *Joel has brought skulls of various sorts for drawing purposes...
    *We've taken up much space with our table-compilation installation pieces...
    *GIANT M&M Rice Crispy Treats... AHA! So THAT'S where the ideas for "RICE" was born...
    *Ink was spilled...
    *Edible TMNT temporary tats died...

-USBC06!!! 12hrs (cut in half from the original timeframe!) of PURE SKETCHING... minus a little driving time and insanity!!! COFFEE like nothing else, and the progressive dinner. AND THE INSANE SKETCHBOOKS TO PROVE IT ALL WENT DOOOOWN!!!.... USBC07!??! WOOHOO!!!

- Christmas party ("holiday")--- gift exchange! Ahh how awesome it was to switch gifts with other art-crazed happy people!

- REPRESENTIN' in the art scene! Art shows, guys... we don't do enough... but we DID roll out to Decatur for one... ok so I was a little tired, gimme a break! We did meet Gugg-if-i-was-a-girl... who's sketchbooks resembled our own CATL prod's to a scary extent.

- CATL-OCD starts as a guerrilla-event... and gets a name. Why? Because Guggs is infamous for his marketing and must make all things official. Cue: Jealous spiteful comments from CATL-crew.

- Switch it up with some GAMING, hosted by our lovely Wesifex&Fam. The cost of the event? Payments were received in beer and pizza money. Top the night off with some Silent Hill and pwnage by Lil'ifex... TREVOR.

- Stone Mountain! AND GERMAN FOOD... we need to go back for more if not just for the food... and with the excuse that poor Wes couldn't join us for it last time! Ya know... in all 'randomness'... -cough-... snails are slow, but i'm not sure about how they taste...

THE HERD:

- JOEL and his promoting! How many of those postcards did you give out now? His knit caps... (i'm sure he has a whole wardrobe dedicated to those only... i was yet to find it that time i "had to go to the bathroom" at his place... you guys wondered why it took me so long: NO, I wasn't taking a dump... I was searching out his knit cap supply. He hides 'em well!)

-JOEL is the ISH-ABUSER. Nuff said. He continues in his evil ways as he clearly demonstrated on TUES at the BOOZER DOODLE...

-JOEL and BEEF. HAHA... no pun intended... or was it!? But somehow, the greese and grime gets wiped away (mr. clean?) and things start fresh for future patties and BURNS!!! >:]~

- WES being the CATL-digital-librarian... you need an art video, tutorial, or... other stuff? Just slip him a few bucks under the table and he'll hook you up. Except... he's nice enough to work pro-bono.

- WES and his photoshop rendering!!! Blows all our minds and we love having him round to show us how it's done!

- WES and his extensions... WESIFEX&FAM

- HHH's visits... since he's now gone... but also as the ring leader for the SCADalites and their involvement with the main Herd. BEACH TRIP, y'all!

- TREVOR and his twitches... maybe that's what happens when you lose 10 digits... We gotta give him SOME credit though, they've happened less frequently lately... but maybe that's because the man on the phone has not returned to borders.

- TREVOR and his COMMENTS... ~

- BEN and his stealth! IN AND OUT like the burger joint in Cali! One moment he's not there, the next moment, he's sketchin right next to you... and then POOF and he's gone again. No warning, guys... ya gotta watch out for this one.

- GRACK and her INSANE ART! We'll GLADLY provide eyes and a warm pasture for your visits! ANYTIME!

- STEINER and his words... nuff said!? I think so... but we might just have to make a mention to... BOB ROSS??? or should I say... TOP BOSS!?

- STEINER and his check-in-with-the-wife's! Always entertaining... always.

- MELISSA and her VISITS... WHIIIICH we need more of, btw... representin' the CATL-ESTROGEN... what what!

- TYLER(#1) and his voice recorder! I guess I can't go bashing him and laughing at him for wantin' one, since... oh wait... I already had gotten one just a few months before! But I'm jealous... his is better than mine... VISIT MORE--- and actually when I'M around too??? I'm startin' to think there's some avoidance going on... especially after the 10 minute "just missed" happening.

... and to those going to the induction process:

- MARCUS and gettin to see him outside of CATL events! Heck yes, guys... we def. chilled for a minute or two in ATL on Saturday night! Good beats and breakin' is all I have to say.

- MONET and her tatertits... Yes.

- M's.TYLER and his CHEATING!!! CHEAAATING!!! If none of you guys noticed (i pointed it out to guggs)... he so sneakily kept within the CATL circle at the BD with the sketchicalchairs 'game'. TO YOUR RIGHT, champ.

-DAUNT and... all the things that will fill this spot next time this list comes around... don't worry... the memories will come... and STICK. That's the blessing and curse of a weirdly capable memory.
    ______

Yes, thank you: Call me the resident historian.
    Feel free (DO, I URGE YOU) to add to the list!
    FUN TIMES, guys, fun times.

CHEERS and a happy afternoon to you all!

PS: Even in his dormant-bboy state, Tyler#2 would burn me... I have way too far to go ~

Last edited by fae; May 3rd, 2007 at 02:45 PM.

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfr99 View Post
    BTW- what is Dr. Phibes Creative Extraction Tonic?
    Taken from the catalog:

It's not often that Dr. Phibes explores chemical compositions of a less-than-destructive nature, but when he does you can be certain that the results are no less volatile.

This Creative Extraction Tonic was initially developed to provide mathematical thinkers and socio-economical engineers the opportunity to expand their creative boundaries in order to bust those perplexing equations. One steamy August, the bohemian community of 114 E. Downing Street happened across a stray crate of the old Thinking Man's Pep and Step Juice and an entirely new product was born.

Use: Before any creative endeavor, splash liberally into palm and immediately rub furiously into scalp. Effects should materialize within a few minutes. Avoid direct sunlight and boisterous political discussions.

Single order: 5 phials - Item# 002-720-0
    Double order: 12 phials - Item# 002-720-1

We might also recommend our Dr. Phibes Portable Medicinal Case (Item# 110-50-2). Made of stamped bronze and hand-sewn leather, it's the perfect accessory for the actor, artist, dilettante, or cad-about-town. Take your Creative Extraction Tonic wherever you go!

[+] AD - I recommend the double order...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfr99 View Post
    ;p Maybe I should come up with a new, more fun name.....perhaps...

"Loveshoes Tyler" ?
    EDIT: NOT A DOUBLE POSTER THANKS TO STEINER! Wooo!

... question is... how it breaks down!

LOVES HOES...

LOVE SHOES...

The latter... I KNEW you were a breaker! ALL of us LOOOOVE the kicks! ;]~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fae--> In my defense, I DID rotate to the right- but I ran out of room on the 4th rotation, so I decided to reposition such that I could mangle Wes's work!

And yes- you know me and my shoe addiction...

"My Adidas cuts the sand of a foreign land..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha at least you say "in my defense"

one of my coworkers used the phrase, "In all fairness to me"... it cracked me up... who says it that way!?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fae you are officially the "CATLOGGER"

EDIT: post # 2000! ...

I guess the next big giveaway will need to be post # 2,500. though... I'm thinking some prizes / freebies are in order for saturday's CINCO DE SKETCHO...

more information as i find stuff to give away.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 3rd, 2007 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For those of you who cant get enough of life drawing with burlesque models, it seem the Boozer Doodle/Dr. Sketchy unpleasentness is working in our favor. Behold!
    Dr. Sketchy comes to Atlanta:

http://community.livejournal.com/ljatlanta/1056077.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all—> the aforementioned "Boozer Doodle/Dr. Sketchy unpleasantness" is something we'll need to hold off on discussing here on the catl board... more of a ... talk about this at the mini kind of thing. although, tyler—> good find... more badass drawing opportunities! :-)

nuff said. (zipped.)

:: CINCO DE SKETCHO :: EL DOS :: THIS SATURDAY :: 5 MAY 2007 ::

"Sketchjams." "Thunderdomes." Prizes. Libations. Merriment.
    Bring paper to sacrifice to amazing artwork, in celebration of CATL Sketch Group's 2nd Annual yet highly unofficial Moozer Bash in honor of sketchbook independence.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 3rd, 2007 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As you've no doubt discovered, searches on "Guggle" for BD direct an awful lot of traffic here.

I went back and worked a little editing magic (read: obliterated) my comments from Tuesday. We certainly don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention for ourselves or others. That's when the fun things disappear...

[+] AD - Drink...more...Olvatine?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cinco De Sketch-eve

CINCO DE SKETCHO :: EL DOS :: TOMORROW!

can.
    you.
    dig.
    IT?

Moooo! CINCO! DE! SKETCHO!

ADSFKLAJHV;ADSGOAIWF!

Hope to see all of you there–i haven't done any kind of RSVP thing, so i guess we'll just see who shows up tomorrow good times!

FOUR P.M. for you ish-fearers i'll be getting there early to avoid a brow beating

Bring enthusiasm. I got to case the joint today and indeed, the view was exquisite. hopefully the weather will cooperate. it had better.

If you haven't already done your directional thing for tomorrow's festivities, let me go ahead and provide you the directions from the 6fu website:

Six Feet Under (WESTSIDE LOCATION! NOT memorial drive)
    685 11th Street
    Atlanta, Ga. 30318

Westside
    From the Northside (85)

Take 85 South to the 10th/14th/17th exit.
    Bear left toward 10th and 14th.
    Turn Right on 14th street.
    Turn left on Northside Drive.
    Turn Right on 11th Street.
    SFU is on the Right.

From the Northside (75)

Take 75 South to the Northside Drive exit.
    Turn Right on Northside Drive.
    Turn Right on 11th Street.
    SFU is on the Right.

From the Southside (75/85)

Take 85 North to 75/85 North.
    Take the 10th /14th Street exit.
    Turn Left on 10th Street.
    Turn Right on Northside Drive.
    Turn Left on 11th Street.
    SFU is on the Right.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aweshom! Carrie and I will be there!

By the way, because Guggen nearly strangled me the first time I posted without an intro, this is Alan, the chunky kid with the buzzed hair who is oft accompanied by Carrie, my beloved red-haired gf. We're the two dweebs who show up from the Art Institute of Atlanta raving about animation.

So anywho, *bows in greeting* looking forward to seeing everyone at SFU!

Huzzah!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm looking forward to today's festivities.

Fair warning: as usual I'll be getting there late, definitely later than 4pm, not sure how late I'll be. I've hit about a billion snags trying to graduate and shift my life around, but nothing that'll keep me from the experience of Cinco de Sketcho. I just gotta take care of some moving around before I can show up, and the longer I spend hauling boxes of reference books around the later I can stay out.

Not sure what I'll bring as far as art supplies are concerned; probably the usual pen and moleskine, couple of books to study from, some covers I'm working on, Japanese workbooks during downtime, that sort of thing. Nothing like what Joel will be lugging around with him, that's for sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

happy cinco de sketcho!

VIVA LA CASTANISTAS

the sketchbook revolution will not be storyboarded

ATupper, Lavhoes—> woohoo! and... lots of media? whuuuuuu? HELL i made some breakthroughs in terms of media doing some expirements last night. will discuss today as necessary.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 6th, 2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: big text big event big bye bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, I'm going to apparently be the first to chime in and say that yesterday rocked. In the year since our last Cinco de Sketcho, when many of us came together for the first time off the boards and really go behind this thing Joel's been pushing here, we've grown.

We've grown artistically - speeding away from our meager origins with the tutelage of CA.org, our relentless pursuit of new influences, and Wes' uncanny ability to locate and provide even the most out-of-print resources for us to study...

We've grown as a group - adding more hungry-to-improve members that mesh so seamlessly with the group, it's like they were here all along...

I'm impressed by where we presently find ourselves. A group like this really is a reminder of all the possibilities that wait just over the horizon.

For those of you that missed yesterday's festivities, you were missed. For those of you that had to cut the evening short, you missed seeing some really terrific (and boobed) interpretations of "bird-like..."

I'd also like to call attention to Tylerfr99's sudden leap of skill. Not only is this guy honing down his graphite chops, but he's doing it with a headlong rush...His commitment to improvement has cast off the mantle of "Monet's Tyler."

Speaking of Monet: get a hold of her sketchbook at the next meeting. That thing is a rich tome of inspiration (Tammy, you may want to talk to her about binding, to repair your much-abused sketchbook - whip something strange and functional together)...

Thanks again to everyone that made last night such a success. And, that goes double for Joel, who took on the logistics to locate us a place the allowed us to expand with new arrivals and avoid the wrath of unhappy waitresses...

Edit:-----> Here's<----- the video from yesterday's discussion: Knight Rider 2007

[+] AD - all my favorite artists are right here..

Last edited by AnalogDoll; May 6th, 2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: BRINGING BACK "THE HOFF!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hellz yea. Cinco de Sketcho: El Dos seemed to big a pretty big success. Great food + great beer + great friends = Great times for ye olde CATL crew.

Big thanks to Joel for handing out the prizes, and OH YEA, I dun got me a moleskin.....yee haw. I'll make ya proud Gugg.

AD, generous with the transportation assistance, always appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who came out for the festivities, and for making CATL more like a second family.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to everyone for coming out, esp. with the shorter amount of notice than with previous events. Seems like you folks were liking both of the places, which makes me verrrry gladdddddd.

As pointed out to me by monet and monet'styler'styler'styler last night: (oh yeah!) we got LINKAGE on the official boozer doodle page. makes me think that we should get up a CATLinkz page over at our homepage, to make it easier for people to know what and where we catl's are up to. the discussion thread here seems to be doing it's job, but a calendar there would be helpful

See yallz on tuesday evening in funwoody,

gug

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've. . .no idea where I'm supposed to post this.

But This is Carrie and I'm just dropping a line to say that Alan and I really enjoyed our time with you guys yesterday. Sorry we had to drop out early. We found the Tavern after a bit but by that time we had some errands we needed to run and. . well we kinda feel like asses because we missed apparently a really fun time.

We'll be at the meeting on Tuesday - and Joel the orcan mermaid you did for me is awesome. I loved it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sec 1, amendment b: Warm fuzzy cows, all of you.
    Thanks for the compliments--the reason my sketchbook is anything to look at is because I go through them very, very slooowwwly. Its not really a good thing, but CATL is helping.

Sec 1, amendment c: Had a fabulous time, am silent due to current brain drainage as a direct result of legal documents and contracts involved in buying one's one pad, but enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Sec 2, amendment a: Please, please stop calling him Monet's Tyler. He's seriously going to deck me if y'all don't quit. You may forthwith refer to him as Pencil Ninja. And if I do say so myself, I agree that he's progressing far more quickly than I did back in the day. The man is dedicated.

Sec 3, amendment q: On another note....FREE STUFF!
    I would like to shed my drawing table. Its one of those standard black things you get at any art store, with the little lamp and storage tray on the side. Only difference is it's 10 years old, the lamp arm is lazy, and its covered in 10 years worth of paint and glue. Anyone want to take this baby off my hands? I'd really like to not have to move it, and it doesn't fit with my decor anymore.

Come on, the paint gives it character. Just tell people you've done so much work on it, over the years...

Sec 1, amendment b: I just took on another freelance design gig. God help me. I never learn...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Monet: If someone other than myself actually needs a drafting table, give it to them, since I have one. If no one does, then I'd like to take it...always room for more.

AD: I've got two junker boob toobs for ya

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    does anyone have experience with blogger? I tried to update my blog with the content from my sketchbook update and apparently blogger isn't behaving properly, which is annoying because i've never used it really. well we'll see what happens i reckon. edit: i think i got it fixed... what? i don't really understand how exactly but we appear to be live. whoopity.

&#167; 6.0.1, &#182; 1.3 addendum, object to form–>
    monet did you know about the option + 7 or 6 key on your mac keyboard? it makes faux legal documents much easier AND sleezier

Next big guggenevent is gonna be the ALIEN-O Halfway point meeting which'll go down around the time of dragon*con.

woo hoo!

g

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 7th, 2007 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Section &#182; amendment &#167; extension Q &#37;&#161;™&#163;&#162;∞•&#170;&#186;– : In no way shape or form do I make use of terms of physical violence or harm in a material or literal nature when referring to Tyler, lately known as Pencil Ninja, henceforth known as Pacifist Pencil Ninja, and his behavior towards me.

He made me post this.
    He's totally twisting my arm behind my back right now.
    Ow ow it hurts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    See you guys tonight in funwoody! feels like forever and it's only been two weeks.

Good News: I just ordered a cast-from-a-real-skull plastic model. woohoo! high res 360^ photos coming your way. Plus... if you come to the mini (haven't rec'd it yet so not tonight) i'll be bringing it for study from life.

should rice on the other change it's cover art every single time, will eisner style? I designed some cool shit last night... top secret of course but it's one of the better sketches i've done.

who put the bomp?

I really don't think i can call TylerFR99 "pencil ninja," to be honest. there's just some things a man can't do. but... tyler FRINE-9INE i can do. thoughts?

artifex are you out there? we missed you at cinco de sketcho!

Possible dates for ALIEN-&#216; meeting:

Off to draw @ lunch! woohoo

j

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 8th, 2007 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dont sweat it Guggen- I couldn't call myself pencil ninja either. At least, not without a whooooole lotta jack daniels in me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Open it up and see all the people..."

I'll be MIA tonight. I have a 3-day conference here in town with clients that kicks off tomorrow and too much to do in preparation tonight. So, I'll be there in astral-projected spirit only...

Fingerless: Will hook up with you later next week to take those cathode ray tube machines off your hands and into "the grinder..."

Guggs: Are you thinking about July or August for the Alien-O get-together? Can't commit to any dates until the time gets closer. I can't predict more than 2-weeks out anymore...

The rest of you people cluttering the currently active users list: hello and adios...

[+] AD - tummy tumbler...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guggz: I'm out here--no worries. Just had to hold down the fort at home during the cinco de sketcho, el dos. Shame I missed out on the bucket-o'-drunk margarita especiale. I'll be cruising out tonight, though.

AD: Watched Shaun of the Dead, finally. Hilarious movie. I've been having urges to plunk my slovenly self on the couch ever since. Beating zombies with cricket bats = fun, fun!

All: The artifex library just got a hefty update over the past week. More info at the mini.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

alien-Ø meeting:

potential dates: saturday or sunday 18-19 august? that's more or less 2 weeks before dragon con. its a long ways off, so Alien-&#216; folks, let me know as you consult your schedules. seems like a good weekend for that, but i'm very flexible. probably a late saturday (18 august) afternoon kind of meeting - until.

hopefully by that point i'll have most of my phase-1 alien-&#216; sh&#248;w p&#248;ised/ready t&#248; g&#248;.

I know grack and th-E are a part of the alien-&#216; festivities, but they could get a recap at dragon*con to save on travel expenses. Lavhoes we need you to show up with your digital audio recorder .

Page 66 of 123 FirstFirst ... 16 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 116 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1