Page 61 of 246 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 111 161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fae
    Now I have a little more room to procrastinate before I have to study for my i-know-nothing-about-the-material-that-will-be-on-it test that's on monday...
    Well then. I'd recommend you'd spend that time in a worthwhile pursuit, such as a good ol' fashioned protest (with zombies and pirates)...

[+] AD - knows to aim for the head...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ad--> thanks for the link

fae--> congrats on getting that done, you slacka

my move deal is sealed. new apt. digs will be 2.3 miles or 1.8 miles from my workplace, which will be spectacular in terms of time saving.

because much of mid october is going to be taken up with my move, (previously stated date for next big outing was the 8th, but now i can't do that bc i'm moving / cleaning that weekend and the next), i'd like to try and have a big catl meet maybe like last weekend of this month... would you guys be down?

• the aforementioned roof notion, though it sounds excellent, i'm afraid without proper digs it's not doable. need to call motyka back. she's still it.
    • at fernbank there's a show of ancient roman sculptures and stuff...haven't read anything about it, but it should be pretty sweet.
    • drawings and paintings from the louvre are at the high museum of art
    • either of these i'm fair game for... just...the roof thing hasn't really materialized. esp. with the weather getting colder, our window of opportunity that opens out onto the roof may have accidentally slammed shut.

thoughts?

Thanks
    ancient roman sculptures? oh man, that'd be sweet sketching those. can't get much better than that for pure b&w practice. I spent hours sketching statuary at Caesar's in las vegas some time back.

Thanks
    here's a little more information...

http://www.fernbank.edu/museum/speci...erialrome.html

j

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    I spent hours sketching statuary at Caesar's in las vegas some time back.
    Well, you would have spent hours rockin' the Black-J table had you listened to Jupiter and doubled down on 11...When he wins, Wesifex wins big. When he loses...well...sketch pages die...

"You always double down on eleven."

I'm a fan o' the Romans. I like their nutty, nepotistic habits and their sprawling estates built on public funds. I like watching them appear to get hammered by the loose tribes, only to pull it out in the end. I like how much they provide the History Channel, and - in turn - how much the History Channel provides me...

I vote Romans. Followed closely by selected works from the Louvre...

[+] AD - Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt...

Thanks
    ok... sorry about the wildly inaccurate post earlier... this is the movie i was referring to... frank miller's "300" which is about the spartans. sadly it's not released until march of next year...CA big shot and awesome nice guy dan milligan did some of the storyboards for it, which you can see here.

sin city was frigging awesome, so rightly i'm really looking forward to this release.

guggendumbassmaneuver

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    ok... sorry about the wildly inaccurate post earlier...
    Yeah, that whole Omen bit you dropped threw me for a loop...You want to get the group circled up for an afternoon of watching the spawning of the antichrist? Sure...But, I'm not going to be the one to blame when Fingerless starts breathing fire and consuming Wes' house in his "terrible and unfathomable wrath!"

So, yeah - the 300 sounds about right. I saw the trailer (yes, the trailer that the legal hounds at Warner went around throwing daggers and notices at people for hosting before it was due to be released)...All I can say is that this film looks to be downright smashing...No snakes or planes here, kids...Just all out Miller-style historical fiction...

[+] AD - Lay on, McDuff!

Thanks
    All--> cool cool, glad you guys are down for the romans exhibit. plus there's natural history which is one of my fav inspirational grab bags.

AD--> excellent choice with the following passage: "Fingerless starts breathing fire and consuming Wes' house in his "terrible and unfathomable wrath!" you'd mentioned possibly throwing some mini together towards the end of the week..still game for that? the firey-wrything, digit-deprived-incindiary hellspawned earthbound bearer and i were wondering which night if any you were game for. at the last mini i had to pull out my texture-drawing fakebook just to try and keep the vibes normal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    towards the end of the week..still game for that?
    I think the earliest I'm going to be unhinged for a bit o' sketchtastic graphite love will be Sunday afternoon. Maybe a link up over at Le 'Bou? I'm going ahead and planning on swinging through there maybe around 3 or 4pm depending on what errands I need to complete for the coming week.

If anyone else is game, chime in, holler back, or whatever else it is that you do to put the word out...

I'm guessing that there's still been no word from Lady Melissa on the developments of her homegrown gallery? Well, we'll have to get that big event fired up for Oct and take it to the Roman Exhibit like some blood-crazed, piracy-minded Picts!

[+] AD - "Ne conjugare nobiscum" - put that on your CATL coat of arms...

Thanks
    Yeah, I'm double-posting...Whatcha gonna say about that? That's right. I thought so...

So, I figured I'd chime in early today, before the steam engines on this day start running me off the rails and I end up pulling a Casey Jones-style catastrophe down the line...

As we've been discussing possible locations or events to showcase some of our more complete and exciting works, I think I've found the location for next year's big win...

CATL 2007:CANVAS DESTRUKTOR TOUR! Rocking the Arts Faire for one day and one day only!

And for Art-in-Your-Face33:
    We're not coming back to the Rast Family Compound, until you've got the Junior Tarzan of Terror ready with the up-rock... We want a show! A SHOW!

[+] AD - terrorized by the times...
    Last edited by AnalogDoll; September 29th, 2006 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks
    AD--> I didn't think i mentioned to you guys about my cream cheeese performance piece, but hell i've been so busy emptying tubs of dairy into the big CATL-drum that it hasn't really been practical to talk about.

sunday @ 3 is great for me.

"Ne conjugare nobiscum" without doing any research, i think this translates roughly to:
    "I don't conjugate biscuits"
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; September 29th, 2006 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks
    Couple of things I've learned this evening:

1) 1% is not suitable for white russians...you might as well be using water...effin' waste of my Ketel One reserves...DAMMIT!

2) If you're eating bagels at midnight, you might as well just roll on down to your local IHOP (I'm boycotting the Awful Haus until the reinstate Special-K's on-site privileges) and get a proper meal...proper only if you include a heaping helping of transfats in your diet...[before a representative from IHOP gets on here and starts pushing facts in my face, I can neither confirm nor deny that there are heaping helpings of transfats on the IHOP menu...No, sir...]

3) Mixed nuts are a poor subsitute for IHOP...

Guggs: Thanks for the heads up on the job front...I'm sure there are a few designers that cruise through here that'll take notice of this...

All: I've penned myself in for a 4pm ETA at Le 'Bou for Sunday. Come one - come all! Have got to burn up the credits on my coffee card with muffins and chocolatey beverages...

[+] AD - so hungry...too tired to drive...

Thanks
    First I'd like to announce that I've successfully by passed the Waffle House banishment via growing a "I-wish-I-were-real" beard. I cna come and go as I please with this new found stubble.

Oh, and I guess this is as good of a place as any to say that as little as I post now, there's probably going to be less of me in the next coming months. With my current employment at Starbucks I'm working as much as my brittle bones will bare. I've talked to the people at the newspaper that I applied to and things are being worked out there, and I have a good chance of being employed there as well. Which means in total anywhere from 50-70 hours a week.

Eh, basically I'm just saying I don't have it in me to be a working fellow of sorts and a fellow of the arts. I did apply at GA State, I'm not sure yet how that's going.

And if it were later in the day I would supply a random image of sorts, but alas.

Thanks
    Bleh, and no cell phone anymore. Sorry Giggles, you'll have to keep conversations between us to here and Myspace now.

I should start a blog, I'm beginning to sound awfully whiney.

Thanks
    Firstly: Sorry for being MIA this weekend. My internet connection has been failing periodically in the evenings. I've been doing all my little unpluggings, ipconfigs, reboots/restarts, etc and sometimes waiting it out just seems to work the best...

Secondly: Thanks to Guggs for dropping by yesterday for the brief, yet rewarding mini-meet...Helps to keep that motivation up during the time in-between meets...

Thirdly: While Guggs will be MIA Tuesday, I will be down at the Borders to rock the art block...Should be dropping in round 7pm...Any particular area that worked best last time that I should stage myself in?

Hope everyone had a fine weekend and you're all ready for the week ahead.

[+] AD - is under the weather, but still above the ground...

Page 61 of 246 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 111 161 ... LastLast