Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 56
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 56 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guggenationalism: It says on the Dragon Con Artshow web site that the results will be sent out by April 15. But, I would also assume that if they charged your card/cashed your check, then you got in. They wouldn't do that if you didn't make it. I guess we still have some time to wait.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can only hope the 'bou is cookin' up some of that Asiago loving tonight. The resulting inability to smell for several days afterwards came in handy when visiting the break room here at work around lunch time. I think there's a choco-muffin with my name on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    choco-muffin? As in a muffin made of chocobos? Sorry, I've just hit the 90hr mark on FFXII.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... from dead to alive-n'-kickin'...

wow. this thread gets around fast. it's been three minutes and I feel outta the loop already!

quite a rambunctious crowd to hang with, if you can handle the pressure and cheesy scents.

... not sure, still, about the big rock... i may have to cater to a friend's schedule as he's offered to look at my car for other crap... but that might work on a sunday (plus i have an appt on that day that I have yet to cancel...)

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    I can only hope the 'bou is cookin' up some of that Asiago loving tonight.
    You should be flogged for such wanton abuse of hopes and dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel Grack
    As in a muffin made of chocobos?
    Oh, that would not be a taste worth tasting ever again...

[+] AD - returning to Le 'Bou in grand CATL style...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogDoll
    Oh, that would not be a taste worth tasting ever again...

he,he,he...I live to repulse.

Guggs: I just finished my application for the show, hooraaah! It did mention that they would send an e-mail confirmation if you are accepted. So I guess my image of you excitedly running out to your mailbox everyday after you get off the big yellow school bus in a wooly toboggan is completly worthless. damn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... i can't remember if I posted the link in here... but I'm too lazy to check back, so for those of you who haven't seen it if I did post it:

Chris Appelhans' art makes me happy and sad and green all over

EDIT:

Here's his xanga blog

Last edited by fae; March 15th, 2007 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by the E's efforts on behalf of CATL sketch group
    Dear [names omitted]

The CATL (Concept Art Atlanta) Sketchgroup is interested in an artists' table at Dragon Con but are unsure what needs to be done to get one. Any information, such as fees, applications, deadlines, red tape etc etera would be appreciated. Also, can you offer information about fan tables, as well.

Thanks,

the E

The E flunked recess 'cause he don't play... Props dude! we thank you! Crudgemosh post perhaps? hehe

I'm really hoping we'll have some good representation at dragon*con folks, people hanging out drawing, passing out postcards, comics, etc... it should be really cool. If this table thing works out (cross your fingers) it could mean huge gains and notoriety for all of us. Plus it'd be fun to have a base of operations for the con.

I sincerely hope you guys are down for this, because it's the kind of thing that dedicated one or two people can't pull off effectively/ and really give off the community vibe.. we gotta represent our thriving little community here. I will volunteer monetary resources as necessary too, so no bailing because of that factor cheapies This'll give us such a great ability to talk to other artists... please think about it and post your thoughts about how we can proceed!

(again, lets hope it will work out.) Lets do this damn thang!

guggenhas only begun to fight...
    i wanna make a CATL mascot head to wear

p.s. indeed indeed: Rice on the Other will be available for your perusal at Tuesday's mini! woo hoo!

edit: did not not correct confusing double negative

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; March 15th, 2007 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As this is the year of the Bovine-Headed Beasties, I'll be there with fists full o' dollars and lithographic madness to share...That sound you hear in the background is art in progress...Art for DragonCon...

Guggs: Maybe a head casting is in order...A little Vaseline over the Guggennoggen and a silicone dunking, and I can sculpt you up a full facial appliance worthy of Dances with Dairy Cows...Or, perhaps we should have a bovine-headed banner that one of us can carry around like a Roman Legionnaire? Hmm...Marketing goodness...All in good fun...

Aae-Bae-Cae-Dae-Eae-Fae: Nice link. I don't know how I missed Monster House, but I did. Netflix will have to send me some stylized love. I can see a similar design aesthetic in your work. You should explore that more. There are visions you've not yet explored through the long-armed, bandy-legged style that you have...

All: Rice On The Other is the new Rice Dream...So healthy...So delcious...Do not feed to children under 3...Read it and be set free...

[+] AD - right here, right now - we create and we live...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    proud of you guys for doing that. can't wait to see it.

ad: yeh, some of his stuff... his concept style (esp the architectural concept sketches) reminds me of mike lee's stuff, which I linked before (see past pages).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd love to join in on the DC art table if it comes about, but I've never put a price on my work before. It feels downright nasty. How do you do it, folks? Art = money doesn't compute so well in my head. And the part of my brain that draws deactivates the part of my brain that knows how many hours I've been drawing.

I'm most likely going to be dancing up a storm at DC too. My troupe performed at it last year and it was a hoot. The drum circle is probably a good place to do gesture drawings, if you don't mind the dim lighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dancing?! what type of dancing do you do!?!?!?! how exciting!

as to tracking hrs, I kinda think of it as keeping my time as a designer... diff worlds, kinda... ya gotta charge for your hrs etc with design, so you kinda merge it over. So... when you start working on a piece to price by time, you write down your start time, you stop, you write down stop time... keep it all together then add up time... that's how i do it.

ugh. obviously my wrist is still a LITTLE unhappy with me from the other day... from trying stuff. i'm sore too... yay to physical activity 3 nights in a row... oh wait! 4! I'm breaking tonight ;]~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd be happy to man the table. or woman. whatever. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I was under the impression that the fan tables were for promotional materials only. When I inquired about getting a table to sell work, the dude directed me to the art show. Looking at the list of fan tables from years past, they are organziations like the 501st legion, and R2D2 builders club. I looked on the site and I didn't see CA listed there. When I sent my e-mail, it took the guy about a week to respond.

Now, if you guys want a table in the artists' bazar it will cost $100 and all the work has to pass the jury. Also, it has to be occupied at all times and there are a bunch of crazy forms and official receipts that must be filled out for each piece. I think that might be a bit too complicated, especially with multiple people.

Also, keep in mind that if you haven't purchased your membership already, the price will continue to go up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooh ok cool, so I don't have to sell stuff to be part of the table, just have to help man it? Sounds good.

Though I think it would be a good idea to have some of the group's work there, for fun. Make a book for folks to flip through. Maybe even a couple actual sketchbooks if folks don't mind putting their books out there.

And there should be BEANBAG chairs and unhealthy food to entice people to chill with us! We can take over a whole little area and turn into the sketchlounge and scowl collectively at people who come up and say "draw me as an ogre!!"

Fae: I bellydance. You break, yes? I'm a tribal bellydancer. We've been known to steal a stylization or two from the breakers, i.e. pops and locks and your version of snake arms.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Analog/Monet: Eric, doesn't Sarah also do the belly dancing thing? I don't think I've ever met anyone in my life that did that, and here are two people who do that related to CATL? Proof positive that CATL is an experience enhancer*!

*use as directed. CATL is not intended for use by those currently using MAO-inhibitors. CATL is not legal in all states. Do not operate heavy machinery while using CATL. Side effects include, but are not limited to: nausea, vomiting, and irresistible urges to wear knit hats.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We're staging a takover.

CATL invation of the bellydancers.

No one is safe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was thinking a new form of interpretive dance called belly breaking

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    Analog/Monet: Eric, doesn't Sarah also do the belly dancing thing? I don't think I've ever met anyone in my life that did that, and here are two people who do that related to CATL? Proof positive that CATL is an experience enhancer!
    My wife does indeed spend several hours a week in coins and veils...I, of course, know nothing of the varieties of belly dancing, so I can say no more than, "She undulates around the house with the greatest of ease to the rhythms of dusty eastern citadels and dark bazaars."

Crap. Now I want Indian for dinner...Oh, where are you goddess of the Palak Paneer...

[+] AD - plays with Sarah's cymbals when she's not around...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, we're all going to have to hit the Imperial Fez for a CATL dinner one night. There's nothing to strengthen the appetite like gauze-clad belly dancers gyrating about with Saracen swords on their noses. And that's just Trevor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uh. Gotta object, folks.

Imperial Fez is widely known for treating their dancers like shit. Like, not paying them and making them perform private dances. Bellydancers do NOT do private dances.

HOWEVER, I'm all about some Cafe Istanbul! I've talked to them a bit about dancing there one day. The owner and the regular dancer are nice folks. And they have hookahs. Yum.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmmmm I got to try a hookah in montreal ... good times and so tasty!

Imperial Fez –> GUGGENBLACKLISTED

hehehe hope you folks have a fantastic weekend

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i've been to cafe instanbul once before.

and yes, breaking would be my preferred form of dance =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon No no... i thought it was Cafe Constantinople???

Hey guys a couple of things really quick:
    1. Stone Mountain Trip - Coming up next saturday. Will be emailing finalized information hopefully tomorrow or early next week. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun...the weather outside these days is really delightful.
    2. Cinquo de Sketcho - El Dos - decided today that i'm gonna make a promotional poster for it... hehehe ... big plans in the works, but it's too soon to discuss what i'm trying to discern from the brainstorming cloud of ether
    3. Post stone mountain trip - anyone care to step up to the plate and plan something for april? the weather is freaking awesome, right? something outdoors then? i dunno. Oil painting is going great nowadays, The Pleine Aire Roofs as we've been talking about for a while would be incredibly, incredibly fun.
    4. Dragon Con Artists' Bazaar Table - Here's what i think. That's not going to go down for months (August 31-September 3). If we all provided a piece or two of art to a single mutually collaborative project ... a 2008 calendar, some T-shirts, whatever ... we could just sell those (...getting to stay in the artists area is a big key i.m.o.) and if anyone starts wanting to douse a particular artist with barrels full of CA$H it would be a kind of ... here take my card and we can talk later kind of thing. the paperwork.. i'm hoping won't be too bad though. Thoughts? the required $100 isn't that big of a deal... 20-30 from each of us and it'd be taken care of. Plus we'd probably make it back selling just a few CATL widgets. i dunno... what do you guys think? Monet---> hehe the bean bag idea as you stated above is damn awesome. Like... CATL Sketch Group Drawing Alley or somethin.

Debaucherous Viridian Visions
    glug gug glug gug

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; March 17th, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

double poster ; Cone toaster ; Drone Boaster

Dragon Con table: So I was hanging out with Melissa/MOTYKA last night. We discussed the table @ dragon*con a bit and she brought up two very important things.
    • fAN Tables are free - would be a bigger crowd coming through, and this would better reflect for our uhhh strictly nonprofit organization status.
    • Someone has to man the table at all times - We'd have to setup a sign up sheet with shifts for who was definitely going to be at the table. if the table is unmanned i think we'd get shut down. So this would require some commitment from you guys. We'd have to get a copy of the con's schedule and make sure trevor gets free from table duty to see his boba fett collectibles lecture.

thoughts??? I was thinking if we did decide to do (with the artists' bazaar situation) a collaborative project to hawk---> a CATL Puzzle? that'd be pretty easy to setup / get produced. Need your thoughts

got the hesitation blues
    j

HugeHarHar Special K i SEE YOU ON HERE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How could I pass up the opportunity to comment on such an awesome jab at myself. Boba Fett = 20 Points of damage to your dome Gugg.

Wes/Tammy: Everyone knows that "The Robot" is the perfect form of dance...bleep...bloop...and by "perfect form of dance" I mean the only dance I can do...

On a "Rain-on-your-parade" note: Isn't it true that they generally dont give artist's tables to newcomers, but only to people who have either been in the art show, or had a table before? Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I thought it was mentioned before. If, in fact, securing a table is possible, then I'm down for a slice. Is the $100 per day, or for all four days?...does it include admission? I looked for a bit on the website, but couldn't find pertinent info.

Belly dancing and Indian food = two extravegances I've never indulged in. An evening like that sounds good.

I'm not sure how likely I am to sell giclee prints of drawings of "Goblin Sex", but it's worth a shot.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Silly Giggles of course I'm still on here. I just don't have anything to contribute anymore.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can always contribute... just 'cause you can't be in on it all in person (irl), you can here =P

plus... i saw you the other day (gasp!)... you failed to let them know that lil fact...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All: the cost for the table (in the artists' bazaar) is for all four days and does not include admission. So, anyone watching the table will require a membership. Also, it is my understanding that anyone who wants a bazaar table has to be showing in the gallery as well. That will cost $25 at least to reserve a space. So, CATL will need to be represented at the gallery as well as at the table. I think that's how it works. Also, materials will have to pass a jury. I think the next deadline for submission is June or July.

As for the fan tables, all of the conventions I've exhibited at before have had very little room around the table. We will probably only fit two to three people at the most behind it. Sooo, just keep that in mind when planning activities.

Brainstorming: I think it would be a good idea to have a guest book where people can add their name to the mailing list. Free food will also attract massive amounts of interested parties. May I suggest pizza and donuts (like moths to the flame). Buttons, stickers, post cards...anything that can be given away with CATL info on it would be good. We could display prints from the various artists in the group. Some sort of large colorful banner will also attract attention as will costumes and/or hot chicks (with or without costume)

I'd be happy to try to contact the table guy to see about answering our more specific questions, if needed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Special K—> It's almost as if i can hear the crab-splintered and gull-wearied burden of brunswick weighing heavy upon your mind...

Fae—> ...not fair... glad u liked the monkey.

grack—> I'm sure that one of us (yourself, the E, or i) will get into the show. The E is almost guaranteed since he's done it before. Large colorful banners and printouts I can supply at virtually no cost. Pizza + donuts would be easy enough ... And postcards + free comics (if Spring / summer editions of rice are left over) will be available. If anyone else can get a bean bag... i know that i can borrow one from work. So if we have a table there has to be a group booth in the artist show too? my, your, or the E's being in wouldn't do? Just wanting to make sure i understand fully. I may end up emailing you to clarify some of these issues. To answer your question: if you don't mind contacting the art bazaar on our behalf, please do so. The E apparently already sent an email... i know they're kind of slack about responses. If you still have my number it might be easier to iron out the labyrinthe of details and assorted checklists over the tele at some point. I know that i speak for the group when i say that we're ready to bring the CATL party to dragon*con.

nofingers—> hehe awesome jab!

all—> Did you read that correctly: a "CATL Sketch Group Booth." if everyone contributed ONE finished piece we'd have a ton of great and varied stuff to go in.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

another idea...

...geez i'm just full of them lately (not complaining),,,

what if ... we made it a point to, after expenses were paid (for 1. CATL widget production and 2. Table expense) that the $$$ we made we gave to some kind of charity / charitable organization??? which one to give to i have no idea, but yeah, i really like the sound of that. make it a point to mention that with CATL widget sales (if we were in fact at the artist bazaar area)

j

roto launch tomorrow. is the world readY?

Page 56 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 106 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3