Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel Grack
    ...people are gonna honk.
    you should totally put that into your signature GG. Here's the Walt Flanagan's Dog reference... thank goodness for urban dictionary.

hahaha Steiner you kill me. "You're our Blood-soaked Warchief, not our diaper-changing Den Mother"

just for more laffs

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    hahaha Steiner you kill me.
    Oh, it's only the second page of the thread...I'm just warming up...

Ever had one of those days where you wish...you just hope and wish...that when you walk out your front door the world has completely come apart? Little sour-faced goblins chewing on the shubbery...Scab-knuckled trolls pounding that car that is parked across two spaces so it doesn't get doored...Some oozy thing quivering at the kids while they wait for the bus...

What the 'ell does a guy have to do to make this sort of thing happen?

Yeah - we've hit 1am - and I'm attaching ears to heads, folks...ears to heads...

In case you're wondering, I will be the guy kicked out of the exhibit Saturday for riding around on the skinless horse and ordering everyone to "FOLLOW ME INTO HELL!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you bastards are up fucking late. I was going to hold out to try and snag the 100th post, but...oh well.

AD: All you have to do is close your eyes, clank your heels together 136 times and say "there's no place like dimensionx, there's no place like dimension x, there's no place like dimension x."......that should do the trick. BTW, I won't follow you into hell, but a conveniecne store selling liquid frozen fruity slushy types drinks...ooohh, i'll follow you there

see you guys tomorrow.....pardon me but i have an advertising campaign to design

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i will gladly take that 100th post-->thank you trevor...
    post number isn't realy important, but, if you've got a sec, check out the BLOOD WEARIED SKRAWL TOME post 420 ---stuff i did this morning.

can't wait for saturday-->it's going to be so much fun! emailing everyone today to try and finalize a headcount... looks like 4 right now though.

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MUaaahhhahahahahahaaaaa, THE DAY IS MINE!!!!!

sorry for the random outburst. but not really.

there, I fixed it

Last edited by Grendel Grack; May 12th, 2006 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    \Ran"don\, v. i. To go or stray at random. [Obs.]

Guggen: Good stuff from this morning...I can see your mind at work through the lines...I'm looking forward to seeing how these studies progress...Bridgman good...

Nofingers: I can assure you if I were to ride a skinless horse out of the civic center in pursuit of happy slushy fruity-time drinks, we're all going down...All of us...And though I may be breaking some long outdated law (riding a skinless horse through an urban environment on a Saturday in May), I can assure you that the arguments will be "Yes, but is it art?"

And now for everyone's favorite CATL Game: Dress Up Steiner!!

For Saturday's trip into the public arena: Pirate Hat or Alien Sunglasses?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PIRATE HAT!!

Favorite outdated law: Five kicks of the same can may be considered illegally transporting litter.

If there are only four or five of us, we can cruise around in my truck in search of grubby goodness...lots of good places to eat near the sandy springs station

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No guggen. I was simply exploring my options on the keyboard. I hadn't used enough n's so I was simply trying to meet a quota. Too bad "hell" doesn't have an n. Damnation sure does, though. As does handbasket.

Also, I feel the need to say that any tv references are either before 1999 or from a movie. Since that time, I have lived tube-free.

We have a law in my town that prevents the university from having sorority houses. It was designed to prevent the establishment of brothels. To this day, no more than two or three unrelated females may share a living space in a residential area.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome all to the CATL sketchgroup meeting number four. Saturday morning, dunwoody marta station on hammond drive (near the south side of the mall) at 9:30, so don't be late. It also helps to have money, since you can exchange it for goods and services, including tickets and food. See you guys there

trev

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Note: You guys had bettter be pumped up and in the zone. If i see a single bad drawing your pathetic festering carcass is getting turned into plastic, and your samely lackluster sketchbook will be burned as refuse to fuel the CATL sketchgroup CTHULU stove.

HARKEN YE!!!

Grack: quota of obliquely confusing, ominous, and yet mildly amusing babble? Met.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Analogdoll, we should share apocalyptic visions sometime. It seems as though you are well-versed in the poetry of destruction. In my version of the end of the world, man has created his own doom. By a stroke of supreme genious, a select group of secret government scientists has taken it upon themselves to reinstate natural selection upon the human race. Giant 50 foot wolves are created and then released to cull our numbers. And then the hilarity ensues...

Of course this isn't very original. But there is something about large destructive monsters that fascinates me. Just look at Godzilla, it just doesn't get any better than that. (excluding the Hollywood version)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Doom, did you say Doom? like Doom™? like the Doom Crew™? Live from the Citadel of Doom™???

giant 50 ft. wolves gG? oh hell yeah. My favorite would have to be the kraken that is released to raise all hell.

P.S. doom, did you say doom? like Doom™? like the Doom Crew™? Live from the Citadel of Doom™???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are you guys addicted to posting?....I think you are....go outside and smell a flower....there, now doesn't that feel good?...of course not because you are allergic to it, I was just trying to fuck with you....haha. I am so bad ass, now you have the sniffles. I own you. Hooray for me.

Did anyone realize that this is the 14th post today?....we are awesome

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too bad for you, I'm not allergic to any plants. HA, who's geetin' boned now? If you had to deal with foul-smelling crotchety old Floridiots all day, you would want to release all your stress and weirdness too. Preferably in post form, not homicidal form. That only gets you into trouble with the law.

Krakens are pretty damn sweet! I always like that word. Cerberus is another personal favorite. This is more of an urban legend, but has anyone ever heard of La Llorona? She's a bit more subtle than your monsters of destruction, but she's still very effective when it comes to scaring small children. And that is really what monsters are all about.

Actually, I was going for more of a legion of doom reference. You fail.

And nofingers, we are in agreement. We are, in fact, awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've heard of Chupacabra...and the Jersey Devil, but they aren't real.

Bigfoot is my accountant, and he is very good at canasta...go figure

Grendel, hope you get to come down for one our of patented, super deluxe, heavy duty, garunteed satisfaction or your money back, sketchgroup sessions.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do I get money back if I don'y pay anything? I'll be down sometime before July. Our car is still registered in Georgia so we have to do the emissions thingy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oooooooh, how about Baba Yaga. That's another good one. The devil's own grandmother, sounds like an interesting sketchbook topic to me. How about it AD, do you have room in your book for the devil's kin?

Last edited by Grendel Grack; May 12th, 2006 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit: GG beat me again: and with a Babba Yagga reference (I doubled-up on the letters) very cool...I think she's (edit: that's GG) getting into my head...Also, fixed the stoopid link...ARGH!

Okay - enough sideline playing - I'm in for the game, coach...

GG: Yes, I believe in the big monster vs. human theme...Firm believer...In fact, I'm waiting for someone to start a wiki entry on my term "Babba Yagga's Sideways Lockdown." To this end, Tolkien copped out in The Hobbit. Those trolls should have eaten the whole lot of 'em at the very start - BYSL - end of book. And yes, Krakens rock. And not just because Clash of the Titans was on last weekend...

Guggen: Thanks for the call. Not so much a pep talk as an afterschool special where Joey decides he's going to do steriods to improve his drawing skillz and then ends up killing his girlfriend after his juice-infused sketching hand goes on a three-week bender...It all climaxes with the poor Joey taking a curve too hard and going over the side of the road...Lots of tears and wet-nosed school kids...Yeah, the call was like that...

Nofingers: What? Gave me the sniffles? Pwned me? Oh, deary me - I've gone ahead and prepped this little gem for you...
    http://EarthBoundSketchbook.justgotowned.com (don't go there unless you've got the salsa to back it up)

When we're dead and gone and Time Magazine is doing its 23rd Century look back on the things that made the 21st Century worth "two fists of horns," CATL will be there...Black is the new black...Atlanta is the new Paris...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's what I always wondered, AD. Didn't your mother teach you not to play with your food? I guess trolls never learned that. Or maybe Tolkein didn't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LMAO......fucking brilliant....

AnalogDoll: Sir, this means war....we are now locked in a bitter blood feud to the death. Two men enter, one man leaves.

Last edited by nofingers; May 12th, 2006 at 09:50 PM.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edited for you damn quick posters:

GG: If what I read about Tolkien is true - about him hating French cuisine - I'm certain that trolls were named Jean-Pierre, Henri, et Pepe and they didn't get a chance to cook the dwarves because they were too busy arguing over who was, indeed, the chef and who was left to act as the sommelier...Of course, the editor removed that bit from the published text and we're left with what we have now...A travesty against all Trollkin...

I am quite the fan of Ms. Babba Yagga (this spelling from the Yabba Dabba Doo Encyclopedia)...I think you'll like this, as it is in a style similar to your own: Baba Yaga

Nofingers: I don't think I need to ask you who runs barter town?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, very nice AD. Is that one of your images?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No. I'm afraid it's not. I do love the line quality. I've been working in 3D for too long, so I'm spending more freetime with the CATL here to rediscover my love of graphite work...Arthur Rackham meets Karl Kopinski...

Edit: Okay, enough trolling the board - I'm off for a quick round of gaming and then off to bed...Early day tomorrow...Note to self: Pack sharp implements...This bunch...can't...be...trusted...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogDoll
    ...so I'm spending more freetime with the CATL here to rediscover my love of graphite work
    You mean rediscover your love of straight up drawing til your fingers turn to pickles....all hail the power of the sketchbook....

note to self: start a sketchbook thread and fill it with drawy goodness

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, we survived...Although, I was certain that they were going to haul us into the back room, fill us with some vein-stiffening poly-whatever-you-call it, dip us in a vat o' Flesh-A-Way 5000, and roll us out onto the floor for the new display: CATL sketchgroup...

If said vein-stiffening were to have taken place, I hope I wouldn't be the one they did the "exploded ass" with to illustrate just how deep one's ass really goes...And, yes, it is pretty deep...Unless all of the specimens they have just happen to have...what you say? Shut your mouth...

Question: Any recommendations for keeping my pencil sketches from rubbin' off on my other pages...I want to get some scans in for the sketchy thready tonight, but have some serious concerns about graphite transfer. Your thoughts are kindly appreciated...

-AD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, sketching today was sweet, sweet like ass meat.....(it rhymes)

AD: you could try light coats of spray fixative, but that stuff can sometimes be nasty, so test it out first and be careful of fumes

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang Joel, This is quite the art party you've got going on. I'd meet up with you guys were I still living close to Hotlanta.

Cheers

"I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glassine, AD. It's kind of like wax paper, but (you'll never guess this) BETTER! Yes, I know what you're thinking, "what in the world could possibly be better than wax paper?" Well, I'm tellen' you it's glassine. It doesn't stink like fixative, and you can reuse it. The only thing that sucks is that you have to be careful about it falling out of your sketchbook. This is where the rubberband, the latex gloves, and the water-based lubricant come in handy....wait. umm, nevermind about those last bits. Artists' tape will work to hold it in place. You should be able to find the glassine and the artists' tape at dick blick or some other similar store, preferably one with an equally sexually suggestive name.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GG - Thanks for the tip: Glassine...I'll have to track it down this week...We just so happen to have "The Dick" (my preferred means of referring to the Dick Blick art supply store) just around the corner from my digs...

Rubberbands, rubber gloves and a trip to The Dick - sounds like I'll be getting all "Weekend in Amsterdam" on my sketchbook this week...

"Don't look at me. Don't you F'ing look at me!"

-AD

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3