Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
Results 3,680 to 3,690 of 3690
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Ah, about that month I spent in Atlanta back in 2010, for a little while I went to this one life drawing group that meets every Wednesday from 7-9pm. They always hire a model or two.

They still meet up as far as I know (I still get e-mails).

Atlanta Artists Center
    2979 Grandview Avenue Northeast
    Atlanta, GA 30305-3213
    (404) 237-2324

They have a blog, too.

http://atlantafiguredrawing.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psychotime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guggemmaneuver View Post
    Aibiki>>> Which part of ga are you in? I'm originally from Rome and have a lot of friends up there, even tho I don't get up that way very often. More than likely if this gets going again there will be some weekend sketching opportunities, so stay tuned.
    The Dawsonville/Dahlonega/Gainesville area. :c
    But yeah, definitely staying tuned. c:

Last edited by Aibiki; July 1st, 2012 at 04:38 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aibiki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    aibiki>>> ahh, proper North Georgia. For a while there I was up there every couple weeks visiting a friend before he left town for school. Nice scenic area but very rural.

psychotime>>> Didn't realize AAC had a blog, that's always a good session. $7 for public, $5 for members I think it was. Haven't been in a few years but I always liked that one. I'm assuming it was still in that big studio behind the gallery? Those folks were always really nice, although I always got a lot of raised eyebrows back when I was using these smelly letraset markers for a while there. Even one of the model said something to me later at completely unrelated event. hHaha, yeahhhh: I don't use those markers any more.

The meetings on Wednesdays, at least from past experience and from what I'm envisioning, are less about life study and more about conceptual and production art, practice and techniques, bring-what-you-are-working-on, and lots of talk about artists, comics, games, film & tv and whatever else you bring to the table. Bring reference materiAl to work from or share. Free form but focussed on personal art improvement. There was always lots of laughter too

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    I haven't been there in 2 years, but yeah, it was in the studio behind the gallery.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guggemmaneuver View Post
    aibiki>>> ahh, proper North Georgia. For a while there I was up there every couple weeks visiting a friend before he left town for school. Nice scenic area but very rural.
    Definitely rural. But it's home. xD

I need to look into the Quinlan again in Gaineville, and see if they have anything as far as model/sketch groups. I think I read something once about it.

Thanks
    hey folks............ have heard back from a few folks and despite summer vacations, work schedules, etc, looks like there'll be a decent turnout this evening.

i am stoked.

okay, now to get my pre-sketchgroup levitation psych-up.

om.

Thanks
    if a tree posts in a forest and only other trees are there to witness it, what is the species of bacteria living on the teeth until dislodged by toothpicks made from the non-posting tree's fibers? whut?

So we are meeting again this wednesday 25 july at 730 pm at Starbucks, Mansell rd/alpharetta highway intersection. has been lots of fun thus far contact me w any questiones hope to see you soon art - FIEND!!!!!

toodles

Name:  20120725-drawSMSM.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  201.1 KB

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks
    When is the next meeting? I am finally back in Atlanta and want to draw!

Sketchbook group! Omi-kun

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Omi-kun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hi omi kun,
    I'm looking at Monday nights as a potential meeting night, and probably somewhere near dunwoody, as my working situation has changed again. Have heard back from a lot of folks and seems like people are interested. it'll probably be after laborday before I organize anything, but please stay tuned. . Thanks!
    emmab

Thanks
    HI! I miss CATL!!!
    My interest in concept art has recently had a fire lit under it's ass. Are there any intowners on this list any more? I live downtown and would be keen to get together once a week, once a month, anything really, at some cafe and draw while occasionally joshing and/or critiquing one another.

I used to go to Apres Diem every monday night while my friend DJed and nurse a glass of wine while lovemaking to my sketchbook. But it's too dark in there and my results were often blurry and wine-stained. Alternatives needed.

Thanks
    I'm still here! Never did get a chance to go to the other meetings. I go to georgia tech, so I am up for anywhere around there.

Sketchbook group! Omi-kun

Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284

Members who have read this thread: 1