Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 16

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 16 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

herd head count

for sunday's BOT GARTENs trip who have confirmed at this point:

• melissa / motyka

• trevor / nofingers

• steiner / analogdoll

• kim / grendelgrack

• kenneth / hugeharhar

• myself / guggenmaneuver

• wes / artifex

is this correct? for those of you who havent' gone to any of our large meetings this one promises to be extra, extra nice! admission is $12. thanks 4 the research Gendel0gack!

also---> on the fly--> CATL-MINI ON TUESDAY NIGHT ANYONE?!?!?

lemme know k? i'm on call so i might roll in at 8 or thereabouts.

cheers
    joel

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; July 17th, 2006 at 12:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I should be there for the botanical gardens. Tuesday evening sounds tentatively good for the Caribou. No telling when something might come up.

We might just consider making a regular night for the mini-meets. Wednesdays seemed to be working out okay, except for Fae's Minimeetophobia. Currently, I'm not too particular about which night, so I'll leave it up to the fearless leader to poll everybody. :]

BTW, for all of you Dragonlance fans, there's an animated movie currently in production. They've apparently signed Keifer Sutherland to voice Raistlin Majere: http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/

Last edited by Artifex33; July 17th, 2006 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wednesday sounds like a good day for a regular meet, but it could theoretically be any weekday. Tommorrow is out for me, have other plans. I am definitely down for the pencil to paper plant and pretty petals production next weekend.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm... maybe i can drop a poll on this thread.

lemme see.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; July 17th, 2006 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay our Poll is online! great idea wes!!!

please vote everyone!
    YOU CAN VOTE FOR MULTIPLE DAYS!!!

i voted Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday for instance, with my preference being tuesday evening.

cheers!
    j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [Edit: Voted for the Mid-Week Three - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...]

[Edit: Round II: Artifex: Say, what again. I dare you. I double-dog dare you...]

Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    BTW, for all of you Dragonlance fans, there's an animated movie currently in production. They've apparently signed Keifer Sutherland to voice Raistlin Majere: http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/
    I think I was able to sustain a mild-temperment in Middle School/Junior-High solely by the fact that I read almost the entire library of Dragonlance books that were published...It's easier to let the troubles of a pre-teen bus ride pass you by when you have more pressing dangers to contend with...Like exploding Bozak Draconians...

Well, Dragonlance and the only two White Dwarf magazines I was able to secure in my little suburb and paged through savagely over and over again...

All: I'm quite certain that Fae's recent absence is in no small part due to the fact that she trains Wednesday nights...I would vote for Thursday...Which is sort of like the pre-weekend night...I find that I'm so thoroughly entertained by our little meetups that a Thursday night gather would certainly make Friday (which is all that stands between us and a weekend of freedom and rabid artistic discovery) pass with little annoyance...

Thoughts? Conjectures? Last minute oaths to long-forgotten gods?

+AmpleDirty

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the site wes...dragons RULE.

The problem with thursdays (personally) is that it conflicts with the ASIFA animation gesture life session at westwood college, which is my favorite figure drawing session to attend... I get A LOT out of this particular class and would be bummed to have to choose between CATL gathering and a RIGOROUS, RIGOROUS LIFE DRAWING REGIMEN.

Wednesday is something of a conflict for me because of the fluxhead AAC session, but i'm not as into that session so it doesn't bother me so much to miss that one.

Friday night happy hour style sketchgroup is fun as well, as we've recently discovered, but my schedule is majorly unpredictable on fridays.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    errr... trevor... the poll doesn't do any good if you vote for
    EVERY DAY.

sheesh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fine Joel, then pretend like I didn't vote for monday and tuesday

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    k...
    i've scanned your lovely, lovely contributions to the notebook paper project and have posted them...
    check it out! Thanks Kenneth, Marcos, eric, wes!
    j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fridays are bad.

Not that I don't want to spend my time with you all engaging in various nefarious activities (many of which will no doubt be spurned by the effects of particularly flavorful libations), it's just that when you have someone of significance in your life, you tend to have to support the relationship...nuture it...pay attention to it...before it wakes you up one foul evening by shiving you in the ribs with its wee little hobo knife...

Trevor: As we've not yet named anyone to wear the crown for the CATL Summer Carnival, I believe you can vote as many times as you'd like in this poll, sit at the head of the Caribou Table, and take the blame for any pencil shavings, ink stains, or abominations that we may leave behind at the end of our various meetings...

+AD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Those seem to work out pretty well. We usually have the whole place to ourselves until closing, if you don't count the staff playing parcheesi or whatever the f*** that was they were doing. :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

When Execs Who Think They're Artists Attack!

Allow me to rant for a moment. I've been dealing with what is becoming a quite common situation for me. Here's a little metaphor I expectorated yesterday after receiving another design change "request" from an executive of my company whose duties seem to be only vaguely defined.

An executive asks you to build a new conference table for their new board room. They spend a great deal of time telling you how it needs to represent the strength, vitality, and unity of their business. You go to the task with vigor, carefully weighing the requirements that were communicated to you in your work. You finish a conference table fit for a king, and humbly display it for the same executive.

"Hmm. That's a nice table. I really like it, but can you take that one
    leg off of it, I don't think it really fits in with our vision of what
    a table should be like going forward."

Hack! Hack! Hack! Hack! Crash!

"Hmm, wow, I think that looks really good, and you've done an amazing
    job, but do you think you could take off those other legs, because the
    table can't stand up now on its own."

Hack! Hack! Hack! Hack! Crash!

"Amazing! I love it! that's just amazing how you've worked this. I
    love the way it just sits there on the floor, too low to be useful!
    Thank you so much for all your help!"

2 days later...

"Hi, the executive committee has looked this over, and we think it
    should look more like this one. Do you think you could rework the
    table to look like this?"

Exec plunks down a folding card table bought at WalMart for $5.95.
    Meanwhile, the office admin has bought floor pillows for everyone to sit around the dismembered table.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    ...after receiving another design change "request" from an executive of my company whose duties seem to be only vaguely defined.
    Oh, yes. Oh, yes - this sounds familiar. Too familiar. As if you had peered into my life for the past few days...Our industries are not dissimilar...

Of course, I'm certain you wrapped yourself in the cloth of the dutiful and pleasant employee who would happily make any changes they wanted...I'm also certain that when you got back to your office, you snapped the heads of each and every one of those He-Man figures you keep along the shelves of your desk to better help you imagine that you are not forced to take direction from the unimagined, but are instead a champion gladiator pitted against sinister forces that have been summoned against you...

Personally, I love low-tier executives. You always see them moving about in flocks (or murders, depending on how the economy is fluctuating) with other low-tier executives, steered not by their sense of the magnetic field of the earth, but by the scent of coffee from the break room or the gravitational pull of a top-tier executive.

To me, a low-tier executive is just the vapid tentacle of a larger beast, which is used to either squeeze you with annoying and sometimes unimagined commands or to be sacrificed to maintain the safety, security, and salary of the Corporate Chieftains...

Hope this day is more rewarding than the last, man...

All: I'll be arriving between 7/730 tonight. I know this day is a bit touch-n-go for some of you, so if you can't make it, no worries. I'm sure I can kick up a CATL-size mess on the table comprised of expresso pools, dry apple muffin bits, and loose pencil lead...

+AnonDread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: I knew you guys would be able to identify with the problem. It's happened to me enough for me to know when to fight the battle, and when to smile and nod like they're not forcing me to sign my name to the UI equivalent of a stick figure.

I'll be there 7'ish myself. Might even have my son there for a wee bit until my wife comes to pick him up after her trip to the gym. So, be prepared to be smacked down by 5-year-old crayon ownage!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, so I'm definitly going to try and make it this Sunday. There are a few concerns I must attend to, which may mean I may or may not have the funds to particiapate.

I'll do my grandest to rectify this though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hhh

what does an office made entirely of cheese refer to? hope you can make it up to harvest the BOTS au gårten with yr catl fiending friends

AD, WES-Master FEX! errrgh i know the feeling; creative castration abounds here. "no, that looks too... errrr... too nice... just make it more 'blah' " and the like.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeHarHar
    I'll do my grandest to rectify this though.
    Why is it that when I read this, I suddenly had the image in mind of Triple-H pulling up in front of a very seedy drug den, opening the trunk of his car, and removing a very aggressive and not-yet-available-outside-of-the-military "street sweeper?"

"What the hell you doin' here, Special-K. I mean, you're not - Whoa...What's this about man? Why you carryin' tonight? Oh, that's how it is. You think you can just roll up on us like that? Well, it ain't time to pay, man. You're just goin' to have to wait like all the rest. There are rules here, K. You don't rock the boat and we pay you what you're do. Understand? 'Cause I don't want to see your -"

[I'll come back later and add the words that best illustrate the sound of a disrespectful shotgun blast...When K comes to collect, that's the due date...]

Triple-H: If you need money to get in, I can spot you the admission for The Gardens. Of course, if you need money to get up here, well, that's another story - and preferably one that doesn't involve any similarities to what's depicted above...

Guggs: I don't know if I'd call it castration...What's always left on my end of things makes me ashamed to have my name attached to it, when it finally goes out...No, I'd say it was more like Hedwig and the Angry Inch...Not quite a man, yet not quite a woman...

+AmmunitionDepot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, seeing as I'm a lazy bastard and I've yet to call in on the other job, I've run down the money I got from the last job. I do have some more money I can dig into, it just takes some creative hands.

I can't really disclose what I'll be packing to collect that money though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ello...im a lil late ehhhh

Hey.
    El name is Marcos...Im not huge into CA soooo no one knows me. But I hung out with a small portion of the group and I enjoyed my time very well. Im a friend of HugeHarHar's and a few of my odd little pieces where hanging with his in the conservative art gallery of walking zombies. ehhh.

Anywho I dont drive yet cuz Im a douche bag and really lazy, but I wouldnt mind trying to sketch with u guys on occasion if I can find a way to.

But yeah.

Let me know whats up.
    Gracias.

Marcos

My Ass Book of Farts
    My Deviantart

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And I can't disclose the office of cheese info either.

And sorry I havn't voted on a day for the fall yet.

I don't really know my schedule, and I don't want to commit to a day, and that be all screwy.

Last edited by HugeHarHar; July 18th, 2006 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all:

Just givin' a shout out to all my CATL peeps. I hate moving. Or having to ship stuff you couldn't carry along. I should be getting my scanner soon so I can finally put stuff up (not a word outta you Gugg, I know you don't believe me).Looking forward to seeing the Botanical Gardens sketches.

Fae: I've finished your protrait I just gotta put it up.
    HHH: Glad you are blowin' up and gettin' exposure! Keep up with it!

I'm still playing the waiting game with Giant Killer Robot. They usually hire storyboard artists from project to project, but at least I know I'm in the loop.
    In the meantime I'm still game testing and I got my old gig back at Blick's Art Store (discounted art supplies woo hoo!).

Take care! Miss you guys n' gals!

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK... sunday might be a might for me... so not sure yet.

Saturday I think I'm doing a java chalk walk thing where i'll be drawing on a square of pavement... and winning a prize if it so happens the planets choose to lineup in ways they realistically can't do to allow me to whip out something decent. Afterall... I have NO idea what I would do, and it would be nice to kinda have an idea first.

blah blah blah.
    miss you guys =(

sorry guggs--- been meaning to call you back. got bitten and infected with another bought of antisocialitis...

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fae
    Got bitten and infected with another bought of antisocialitis...
    Ah ha! So there is a clear and quantifiable reason (one of a physiological nature at that) as to why our meetings are becoming increasingly Fae-free...

Unlike other "noun-free" scenarios (including sugar-free, acid-free, and allergen-free), which may have positive connotations - to be Fae-Free falls decidedly under the category of "the negative." You see, to be Fae-free is to encounter periods completely and utterly devoid of bug-like sketches, boisterous (and oftentimes dangerously animated) chatter, and the general relief of knowing that you are indeed drinking the right drink for the occasion (as Fae has some unusual talent for picking out the "good drinks").

As Fingerless and I are fairly satisfied with our results from the CATL Exploded Ass Ballistics Test, we'll be more than happy to convert the laboratory to investigate a potential vaccine for antisocialitis...I won't guarantee anything right now, but I believe we can produce something in a Snozzberry flavor...

BTW: Every time Fae misses a sketchgroup, I threaten to create a steel-cage deathmatch between Wes' son (The Junior Tarzan of Terror) and a pack of savage, starved pit bulls...Why Tammy, why do you make Wes' son go sickhouse on the puppies?

+AuroraDoktor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I swear its' going to get to the point that one of you will simply go so insane that you'll lose your wit and become the "CANDY BAR" kid in Super Troopers.

You'll just sit there screaming.

"CANDY BAR!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Candy Bar!!!

Candy Bar!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That took way to much fucking effort to put up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Yeah, I'll have a...uh...liter of cola."
    "What?"
    "A liter of cola!"
    "Liter-O-Cola? Do we make Liter-O-Cola?"
    "Why dont you just order a large, Farva?"
    "I don't want a Large Farva. I want a goddamn liter of cola."
    "I don't know what that is."
    "Liter is french for give me some fuckin' cola before I rip off your fuckin' lips!"

Sunshine on my goddamn shoulders, John Denver!

+AD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK OK! let me clarify!

AwaitingDestruction: the antisocialitis, although present, was not the cause for most of the currently discussed absences, although i wanna say it did play a part in ONE of them. The others (wed night ones) were due to schedule conflicts, unfortunately, and frustratingly. Hence, I don't know when the next mini is... but if it is today... indeed we have another problem.

HOWEVER! I would greatly appreciate any form of countering the antisocialitis*, as it is savagely and heartlessly tearing at the relationships that surround and build a part of my life... so may the lab keep me informed on progress.

*Providing Fae with a kangaroo and the expenses and objects necessary for maintaining one is a good start to counteract the debilitating symptoms of antisocialitis...

**a visual of some of the various symptoms: various debilitating physical symptoms of antisocialitis illustrated

Last edited by fae; July 19th, 2006 at 03:25 PM.

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

awwww tammy!
    Next catl mini at some point early next week....possibly ARTMONDAYS at apache cafe, or Tuesday or wednesday at caribou coffee on mansell road.

I mention artmondays bc it sounds like grendelgrackim may still be in town and that night is so much fun. hmmmm... any thoughts?

j

so yeah, i went digging on my HD and found you guys some totally random images:
    the man, the merzbow
    domed dinosaur
    bunny suit

Page 16 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1