Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man, AD's new avatar...i'm really going to have to dig around for something truly disturbed to raise the ante.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is the soundtrack to this post. I think the people in this video are my people...

Be(thax)n: New sketchbook. New goodies. Excellent work, my friend.

FaeTso: Everytime Tammy misses a sketchgroup, one of us has to choke out a yard gnome. Why, Tammy? Why do you make us harm the gnomes?

Chauncey: One-two-one-two-the mic is on...Chaun-C in the house until the break of dawn...Dropping the raw flow from the Frisco streets...Stepping up with the portraits like he's breaking big beats...Everytime Tammy misses a sketchgroup, I have to rap at Seansea...Why Tammy? Why do you make me lock the flow?

WesMasterFex: I love this new avatar...Just the right amount of Japanese-influence matched with two dashes of sex appeal and one pinch alien vampirism...Don't let her cholera pink eyes fool you, folks - she's not someone you kiss on the lips (this is actually the same creature as my last avatar: the split-faced alien tentacle/snake/thingy just in a more subdued/less-frightening fashion)...Good times...

All: This coming Friday, we'll be rawking Special K's Summer Art Show...In case you aren't familiar with TripleH, he'll be the one wearing a glistening suit of silver cloth and rhinestones, screaming, "That ain't art! That ain't art! Get this fool outta here!" Bring your cameras, kids - it's going to be a blast!

-ArkDumper

Last edited by AnalogDoll; July 7th, 2006 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The suit is gold.

And now I'm actually tempted to wear it.

No joke, it's hanging in my closet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry Trevor!!!! Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

guggen-not-gonna-be-around-for-a-couple-of-days-lest-he-necessarily-eat-his-own-bitter-words-maneuver

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; July 7th, 2006 at 05:11 PM. Reason: MORE INSULTS MORE FUN

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, well, well...It would appear that things have gone the proverbial "tits up" for old Fingerless...It happens...Time crunches...Life event issues...Etcetera...I'm sure he'll catch enough scheisse for this, so I won't add to the torment...

Fortunately this is CATL 2.0...In the old group, you punked out - you got to dance with "Ol' Brenda"...Public flogging with a rope of lion's mane, soaked in Odwalla Protein Fizz, and then braided in the mouths of 10,000 Mikkyo Buddhist monks...All it took was one lash from that badboy and we were passing out the obliterations like candy on Halloween...

I think Guggs still has it somewhere...Uses it as a leash for walking the dog anymore...

[For all you curiosity hounds, that's not true...We're not a violent bunch...It's all fiction and smiles...]

[For all you inner circle folks, it's all true...Every grainy last word of it...I've seen it...My eyes don't lie...]

+A-Doll

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, I am a pathetic loser, And I hope you guys give me my proper roasting. Yea, I dropped out, so what?.....Wanna fight about it?

Gugg: I'm sorry to dissappoint you, but I hope you will understand with all those psychic messages I have been sending. And what the hell do disco remixes have to do with me pussing out? I know that Meco is awesome, but I think you are abusing the puss thread.

Anmyone else want to have a minimeet wednesday, so we can mentally prepare for the trip friday, and maybe so I can reprove myself worthy.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    God, I feel like I have been gone forever. I guess I have. Anyway, the NC con went well. I was able to make back the cost of my prints (hooray) and I made some new friends (tee-hee). I'm still having trouble washing the con stink off however. It likes to linger. As soon as I get the photos together I will post on the NC thread, if anyone still looks at that damn thing. One really neat thing that I found out is that the Jim Henson Company is making a sequel to "The Dark Crystal" I'm so excited. Oh yeah, good luck to everyone participating in the Last Man Standing Thunderdome! I know I wont be getting any sleep this weekend.

Oh, and don't get your panties in a wad, but I might be visiting sometime this month. I'll keep you all informed.

Last edited by Grendel Grack; July 8th, 2006 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grendel: glad to hear you might be dropping by. always a good thing to swell the CATL herd a little. Just make sure to decline Gugg's invitation to view the preserved heads he keeps in his apartment's refrigerator right next to nofingers...fingers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel Grack
    I was able to make back the cost of my prints (hooray) and I made some new friends (tee-hee). I'm still having trouble washing the con stink off however. It likes to linger. As soon as I get the photos together I will post on the NC thread, if anyone still looks at that damn thing.
    Ah, the cons...Nothing like the stink of twelve kids rawking a three-day, all-night, dungeon hacking fest/alien invasion repulsion fueled only by their sincerest love of the game and whatever new curiously-named beverage is available to rot away their teeth and whip them into a man-funk frenzy...Unlike skunk stink, con stink only comes off with a hot coca-cola bath, a shot of vodka, and a little bit of love...

One really neat thing that I found out is that the Jim Henson Company is making a sequel to "The Dark Crystal" I'm so excited.
    No way...You're kidding, right? I think your little post here just kicked off my weekend..."Gelfling?"

Oh, and don't get your panties in a wad, but I might be visiting sometime this month. I'll keep you all informed.
    Yeah, I have to agree with WesMasterFex on this one...Joel will promise to wine and dine you and then the next thing you know you're on "the tour..." Oddly enough, his tour smacks of Captain Spalding's Museum of Monsters and Madmen...

What's clever - really clever - about the whole thing is just how much The Guggenator can pack into that place of his...I was pretty impressed with the tour...But the Amazon Petting Zoo? The Mad Dash Rapids Racer ride? The Hall of Presidents? I say, if you have to go, go at lunch...His Fest Haus show is remarkably authentic...

Wesifex: I painted an apple...

-AdjustingDetermination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What none of you know is how wrong you are about Guggen-decimator's tour you are. It isn't some Guggengrossing device he uses to trap young aspiring artists before their hay days. No, the tour owns Guggencaptured. He is in fact it's possesion. The tour uses Guggencontrolled to bring in new unique items to show case. The reason there is so much packed in the tour?

Infinity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check this out AD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pow...e_Dark_Crystal

What Guggenmandilion's tour doesn't know is that the best way to counter act the gravity-like attraction of the tour's infinite power is to eat as much hungry jack instant mashed potatoes and pop rocks as is humanly possible. The other thing that the tour is blissfully unaware of is that I possess an equally infinate and quite inhuman appetite and am quite capable of counteracting the tour's quest for blood with my own supernatural gluttony. Consequently, I also have a REALLY huge ass that creates its own gravity. But, none-the-less, thank your for your concern.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grendel: Gold stars for the link (now, if I can only continue to escape death long enough to see the film) and for the gluttony-themed wit of your previous post...Tis never a dull moment round these parts when you start dropping references to Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potatoes...

TripleH: Just a reminder, friend: get that gold suit pressed for the show...When you're rockin' an event under the inspiration of Liberace, you don't want to show up all creased up...

+AlienDrizzle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: I shall cherish my star of gold forever. Oh yeah, I meant to ask you, that's Zeiram, isn't it? I loved the anime move, but I haven't seen the live action, yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wesifex: I painted an apple...
    Holy hell. The man is painting produce. I won't laugh as long as one of those apples is painted wearing Gugg's floppy knit hat. Extra credit for the retro specs.

...and no link to your apple? Booooo!

Grendel/AD: OMG, she actually gets your avatar reference? Okay, that's it. I'm going to find something really obscure for mine now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    ...and no link to your apple? Booooo!
    I actually went back and tweaked it this afternoon...value studies...damn value studies...I'll drop it into the sketchthread tomorrow for crits and giggles...I know, I know - it's not some wicked armor or anything like that...That's coming up next...

Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    Grendel/AD: OMG, she actually gets your avatar reference?
    That's what I love about this place. You get enough people together with similar tastes/interests/nightmares, things are bound to cross paths...

Grendel-G: I saw the live-action Zeiram before picking up the anime series, so I'm a bit biased...I'm frequently more impressed with manga/anime productions than I am with their live-action incarnations, but it was the other way around with Zeiram...I thought Zeiram II had some solid eye candy moments and an interesting take on the Zeiram design...I recommend both...The wicked little kabuki-esque face from my avatar is far more sinister in action...

+AnimatedDrunkard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

silently, silently

guggenmaneuver guggenpaints guggengems the so-called guggengesamkünstwerkspeeeeeeet of light...

whispers something

guggengoes back to guggenwérking

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...501&panelbtn=2

There's the link to the map to the show this Friday.

I was going to write out the way I usually go, but this actually seems easier. I was wondering how early you'uns we're going to try and make it down here.

I just finished a piece for the show, that I'm in love with. It's like nothing I've done before, it's kind of inspired by Lucien Freud, but less...chalky looking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TripleH: So, considering this: Freud's subjects are often the people in his life; friends, family, fellow painters, lovers, children. As he has said 'The subject matter is autobiographical, it's all to do with hope and memory and sensuality and involvement really'. I'm curious. Is this work you're showcasing of a similar nature? Autobiographical?

My wife and I will be departing supa (yes, I said, "Supa..." Snakes on a mutheffin' plane, folks) early on Friday. I'll actually be catching a train down to GSU to link up with her and then we'll be departing from there. We're going to have to make an early night of it, I'm afraid. So, we'll be traveling separate from the core group, which I believe is looking for a late night Macon hookup (see earlier post on Outback Steakhouse Parking Lot)...

Fingerless: I'm down for a meetup. Wednesday seems to be the best time for a CATL Shakedown and I think the Caribou Coffee is "the tits" (I don't know what that means...but I'm going to be using it with great regularity...especially in reference to Special K's new painting on Friday)...I like how the coffee is good, the atmosphere is less "psuedo-nouveau-poopy", and we have a table to rock like Din Din Time at Macbeth's....

Macbeth: The table’s full.
    Lennox: Here is a place reserv’d, sir.
    Macbeth: Where?
    Lennox: Here, my good lord. What is ’t that moves your highness?
    Macbeth: Which of you have done this?
    Lords: What, my good lord?
    Macbeth: Thou canst not say I did it: never shake thy gory locks at me.

Yeah, gory locks...Don't shake 'em...Don't even bring 'em...

BTW: New art's up in the Sketchthread...An apple a day, kiddies...

+AviatorDidactic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The painting doesn't have any of the autobiographical meaning behind it. Simply the style it was done in. The one I did is pretty much focused around the idea of beauty in the human form, though taking the person out of it, and simply degrading the idea of beauty to a form, and not an idea, making it a superficial concept, instead of the powerful idealogy ingrained in classic art.

Though, I wonder how effective potraying something that seemingly ridiculous in a single painting is.

And about you two leaving early. I'll simply have to up the ante.

How ever that's possible. Expect an upped ante, you'll be leaving with one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Orcish beauty up in the CHOW forum. Total of 12 hours or so dedicated to it. Take a look and crits are welcome:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...241#post930241

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: As mentioned before, I have no recollection of actually seeing the live action Zeiram, however, I seem to recall seeing bits of a Zeiram-like creature in 3d form, hence the recognition of your avatar. Knowing how my mind operates I have a few explanations for this: I have in fact seen the movie, but have forgotten; I have decided that I should recreate a live action movie in my brain, complete with computer graphics, smell-o-vision, and a moving score by John Williams; I have eaten entirely too much hungry jack mashed potatoes and when combined with oriental flavored ramen noodles, I am experiencing a monosodium glutimate-induced narcotic effect; I have called upon the powers of the procrastitron and have completed a piece of art in mere hours that normally should have taken weeks and as a result am celebrating with cheap alcoholic beverages and as much Futurama as my retinae can handle without detatching (this is the most likely reason).

I will be conducting an in-depth examinations of my hallucinations soon (that is if the local video store has those movies) And I shall inform you of my findings. (that last bit need to be read with a snobbishly aloof british acccent in combination with wearing a monocle to achieve the desired effect. I will accept onion rings in substitution of a monocle.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All: From my nocturnal travels, I bring you gifts of the thin-limbed, the bat-winged, and the decidedly bizarre: AnalogDoll's Midnight Treasure Chest (safe for viewers of all ages and ailments).

I have called upon the powers of the procrastitron and have completed a piece of art in mere hours that normally should have taken weeks and as a result am celebrating with cheap alcoholic beverages and as much Futurama as my retinae can handle without detatching (this is the most likely reason).
    Now, this does deserve a resounding, "Cheers!" and some Appalachian White Lightning...I do hope you'll drop this latest work of your well-honed creativity upon us...

(that last bit need to be read with a snobbishly aloof british acccent in combination with wearing a monocle to achieve the desired effect. I will accept onion rings in substitution of a monocle.)
    Curiously enough, I read all of your posts as if you were a retired officer in King Edward VII's Royal Marines who has mistaken her appetizer tray of onion rings for a delivery of rare and well-fashioned monocles...Tis the constant reason I seem driven to refer to you as Colonel Isabella Mustard or Duchess Lucretia Edinbrooke of Covington Grove (who would later go on to marry Lord Phineas Castuary, a famed autogyro pilot)...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD and Grendel: You guys are fuckin' crazy

Artdashifex: Upon my voting, you were in the lead for the ChOW, and it was well deserved....the paintjob was awesome

So, Steamboat Eric is down for the glory, any other sketch fiends down?

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahh... i am finally done catching up with all the junk goin' on in here... sheesh, guys.

AmbivalentDragoon: apologies and apologies for the things that my absense causes you to do... though, there is a side of me that is spurred on by your forced outbursts to test the limit of such...

all: not sure about friday--- question is what's the plan? got something going on saturday, so I just wanna make sure things fit snuggly, like pigs in blankets.

sorry, though, for my lack of here-ness... been a little mentally preoccupied...

grendel: looked at your site- love your art!!!

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How many of us are on for a mini-meet tomorrow at the quickly-becoming-traditional Caribou Coffee off Mansell Road?

I'm just loving these weekly meets. The high frequency gives me a much needed kick in the arse to get some images done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im definitely down for invading the coffee shop with the cute brunette staff....who else shall step forth and accept the challenge

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fingerless/All: I will be arriving at "The Caribou" around 7pm. I actually may be arriving a tad bit earlier, depending on workloads and such.

Wesifex: (warning: wafer-thin crit ahead) I plopped my votes down in the CHOW thread this evening. I was really having some trouble deciding. Orcs have been done to death all over the place and I was hoping that someone would craft something that didn't invoke DnD/Warcraft/Warhammer/etc. Sadly, it would appear from the lot that the "traditional" orc style won the day and it was beefy, savage ladies that seemed to be the most impressive.

I gave you a vote, because you rendered the absolute hell out of her. You posed her in a playful, yet functional fashion with visual cues that didn't need explanation, but did enhance your writeup. A solid illustration and it does deserve to be among the top contenders. My only bruise is that I keep seeing a bit of Shrek in her (or Fiona, if someone wants to split hairs...er...ogres...).

FaeTso: There's a sketchgroup tomorrow? Are you climbing? If so, I can only wonder what evil your absence will drive me to..."Guggs, Full Moon's out...Better bring the restraints..."

Special-K/All: I did confirm this evening that I will be unable to attend Special K's Summer Artshow...I was unsuccessful in my attempts to move a meeting from Friday afternoon to Thursday and I will not be able to arrive in time to have anything more than a glass of wine, shake a few hands, make inappropriate comments about the state of contemporary commercial art and its impact on the dynamics of paternity, before having to pack my wife back into the car and race out of town.

Kenneth, I know you will have an absolutely terrific showing and that your efforts will be rewarded with the praise of your peers and the admiration of those who privately lust to create in ways that you explore. In my absence, I have charged Guggs with all the activities I had previously mentioned as being willing to perform (excluding packing my wife back into the car)...

Until tomorrow, cheers and semi-autos!

-AttentionDesign

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AD: good comment on the shrek influence. There's a few things about mine that bother me, and that's one of them. I think it's the nose shape and the rotund paunch. The other stuff is the usual--lack of quirky details. I put some stuff into the mirror, the lipstick case is a mary-kay (compliments of my wife's old stock) which I thought was amusingly appropriate, and I started in on some gold clasps on her top, but didn't have enough time to really go to town on it. Gotta figure out some way to optimize my rendering time.

See all you CATL at the Caribou tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ADoll- That's fine man.
    All- I went to this meeting today at the gallery where the show will be. First off, I know that in most places I go concerning art, even with you fools, I'm going to be one of the younger, if not the youngest, member attending. This collection of folk pushes that statement to an absurd point. I seriously was the only person under the age of 30. Which really shouldnt be a bad thing, but the only reason I say 30 is that there were maybe two 30 year olds. Everyone else? I'd give them early 60's.

This is a very, VERY, safe southern-tradational art community. Which is odd because when I signed up the woman talking to me was talking about being very advent-garde and whatever. Now, I know my stuff isn't that extreme. It safely sits in the contemporary fine art's catagory. Which usually wouldn't be to far off from whatever gallery, but these people are for real, the essance of Georgia's southern art.

One woman I spoke to, who actually ended up being the president of a larger art assocation somewhere in Henry county really liked my stuff. I talked to her for alittle while about how I did my work and such forth. I got plenty of raised eyebrows from the older ladies though.

I'm not trying to sound negative or anything, but I figure it's a good idea to put out the atmosphere of this place.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey HHH, you need to be extremely careful with the old crones. And by careful, I mean you must carry a nail-studded two-by-four, a list of harshly sarcastic esoteric pop culture-referencing quips, and a hot plate of cafeteria food labeled "Be Sure to Bitch at me to get a Senior Discount" with you at all times. If one of them approaches you, proceed to discuss with them the best way to buy lumber and hardware at a reasonable price, then as they begin to think you are interested, confuse them with your generation-x "go piss yourself" attitude, then quickly proceed to beat them to death with the hot plate. For extra points, you can take the senior discount sign and make a flag to plant on their lifeless body. Consider it a mercy killing.

Seriously though, they may seem interested in your art, but deep down they all worship Kinkade like a god and the only avante-garde they can comprehend was the episode of "The Joy of Painting" when Bob Ross brought his pet squirrel to the studio. They'll try to convert you. Watch your back!

Fae: Thanks, hopefully I will update my sketch thread soon <wistfull, yearning stare into nothingness>

Last edited by Grendel Grack; July 12th, 2006 at 12:16 AM.

Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3