Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 123
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought you guys might like a peek at the last Dr. Sketchy's at the Claremont. As proof that I actually touched pencil to art pad--I'm in the lower right of this shot. Monet was nice enough to not point and laugh at my work. I've no idea how she manages to draw twice as fast as I do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorigami/4071606085/

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artifex33: Awesome. Glad Dr. Sketchy's is back at long last. Wish I went to San Fran a week later so I could have gone and seen Android's art show on the 8th. Ah well. I'll see everyone at the next Dr. Sketchy's!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Digital Painting

Hey guys. I finally finished a digital painting. Please do me a favor and critique the hell out of it if you have a moment :-)

Apacryphal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Consider it crit'ed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

World Wide Sketchcrawl = Atlanta

Feb. 27th (Saturday) is the date for the next World Wide Sketchcrawl.

What is a sketchcrawl? Itís an afternoon or all day drawing marathon, started by a Pixar story artist and modeled off of a pubcrawl, where people meet up in a single location or part of a city and draw stuff and gather for a drink or whatever afterwards. Groups from around the world often post their sketches here:

http://www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/index.php

The plan for sketchcrawlers in Atlanta is to meet at 10am at the Atlanta Water Gardens, an indoor location so no worries about freezing your fingers off or getting rained on. Info here: http://www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/vie...hp?f=49&t=4697

My analog sketching skills are starting to atrophy (a pencil? Whatís that? Its like a wacom stylus for paper you say?), so I think Iím going to try this. Anyone else?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bridges View Post
    Feb. 27th (Saturday) is the date for the next World Wide Sketchcrawl.

What is a sketchcrawl? It’s an afternoon or all day drawing marathon, started by a Pixar story artist and modeled off of a pubcrawl, where people meet up in a single location or part of a city and draw stuff and gather for a drink or whatever afterwards. Groups from around the world often post their sketches here:

http://www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/index.php

The plan for sketchcrawlers in Atlanta is to meet at 10am at the Atlanta Water Gardens, an indoor location so no worries about freezing your fingers off or getting rained on. Info here: http://www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/vie...hp?f=49&t=4697

My analog sketching skills are starting to atrophy (a pencil? What’s that? Its like a wacom stylus for paper you say?), so I think I’m going to try this. Anyone else?
    Oh man, I was just swinging by the thread to see if any of you guys would be up for anything when I see this! I'd definitely be down for an all-day sketchcrawl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hiya!

it's becoming nice outside again after a long, harsh winter, and i miss you guys like crazy! It's been way too long, i think we'll all agree. Why dont we get together to catch up? there've been lots of murmurs about wanting to get together for arting artsinesss, so I'ma put something out there for next Friday, 19 March 2010. if this works for you, or if you have a different suggestion, please rsvp respond/reply to all to this message and everyone else will see it. old school, thread style, ya know?

anyways, here's what I had in mind:

we will meet at fellini's pizza on Peachtree street at 7:00 pm (mapped by google here: http://tinyurl.com/yk3up4x), eat and drink an hour or so, then migrate over to barnes and noble across the street to sketch until 10 or 10:30.

hope everyone is doing well! hoping to see a big crowd and to catch up after it has been so long! My number and contact information is in the signature of this message if you have any last minute questions or concerns. And dfinitely feel free to bring along more artist friends. The more the merrier, right?

cheers all and hope to see you soon!

m

NOTE: my email addy is under my username, change " au " to "@," i'm not really on this site anymore but wanted to be sure everyone new just incase someone happens to stroll through here, as has been known to happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    How's this coming along? I plan on being around Atlanta for the month of July.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know this thread is getting cobwebby, but I thought I'd throw out there that I'm planning on attending the Jet Set Event put on by drsketchysatlanta.com this Sunday, the 26th and the Glenn Hotel's Sky Lounge. Here's a link to the location:

Glenn Hotel Sky Lounge

I ran into both Monet and Grack recently, and mentioned the event to them, so it'd be cool if this ended up as a mini-reunion for the CATL crew!

Last edited by Artifex33; September 24th, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Artifex33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Anyone interested in trying to revive this thread? I just started attending Kennesaw (my first semester ), does anyone else go there?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to postcardbox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well if anyone wants to get a group together in the city, im in for sure
    i just really cant be bothered to drive to the burbs after work
    which is really the only reason i haven't attended previous sketch groups
    a weekend sketch group would definitely be preferable
    maybe san francisco coffee on highland would be a good location

14. The Following User Says Thank You to trevor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm game if we can get enough people back on board. I miss these meetings...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to akabraille For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    long time no see peoples hope all is well. a new location to meet would be fun.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CrookedHorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where did people meet before? I live in Smyrna...but I'm down for meeting in town if that's where everyone else is.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to postcardbox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm game! Dr. Sketchy is still going on, didn't realize people from CA went there. Anyone still up for it? I'll be in town come September.

Sketchbook group! Omi-kun

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Omi-kun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

howdy folks!

i'm sorry i've been scarce -- and that it's been forever since i put anything together and i really, really miss it. All those sketchgroups we had in the past were really good for my personal art -- and i know that many of you feel likewise. Better yet friendships were made and piles and piles of drawings were um... drawn.

i will judiciously euphemistic and leave it at "Life was crazy for a while there." For the past few months, and especially now that things have settled down a bit, i've been itching to try and get the stirrings of regular group meetup going. My strategy is to "start small and go from there" -- seems as good a plan as any.

All of this inane preamble stated and out of the way, my immediate plan is to try and start a weekly group on Wednesday nights, from 7-10:30 at the Starbucks at Mansell Road and Alpharetta Hwy. This will start on Wednesday, July 11. I know this location isn't optimal for a lot of you, but to start some kind of regular thing it's going to have to be a start. ive been going there a few times to test it out before work. There is a large, long table that would be perfect for a group meeting, and the location is bustling with activity and won't be shut down anytime soon by the long nuclear winter of anaemic economic conditions...

i am subscribed to this thread now as well, so i will start trying to reply and do the work of coordinating. and gabbing. So, feel free to PM me with your information, questions, or ideas -- or better yet email me at emmagineering -at- gmail . Those of you for whom i have phone numbers and email addresses and who are in that general vicinity can expect to be called at some point in the next week or so to discuss the possibilities. I totally understand if folks can't make it out and if the location is out of the question, but if even a few of us got together on the regular it would be a huge positive thing. Even if it's only me for a few months i'm totally okay with that. Feel free to discuss and spam this thread as much as you like. with careful planning and openings in my schedule i may be game for going to some of the other area meetups inside the perimeter. I'm still on a lot of those listservs and facebook groups so i do know about them, even if it's a challenge to actually get out to them at times.

so yeah for better or worse i am back.
    and more verbose than ever...

m

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 29th, 2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: grammar misdemeanors

24. The Following User Says Thank You to guggemmaneuver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OOOOh yeah and ARTIFEX! i saw your wife at my work a few weeks ago! special treat!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd definitely love to come and join in on one of these. I really wish I could drive right about now, since it's only about an hour away from where I live. :c

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Aibiki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aibiki>>> Which part of ga are you in? I'm originally from Rome and have a lot of friends up there, even tho I don't get up that way very often. More than likely if this gets going again there will be some weekend sketching opportunities, so stay tuned.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, about that month I spent in Atlanta back in 2010, for a little while I went to this one life drawing group that meets every Wednesday from 7-9pm. They always hire a model or two.

They still meet up as far as I know (I still get e-mails).

Atlanta Artists Center
    2979 Grandview Avenue Northeast
    Atlanta, GA 30305-3213
    (404) 237-2324

They have a blog, too.

http://atlantafiguredrawing.blogspot.com/

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psychotime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggemmaneuver View Post
    Aibiki>>> Which part of ga are you in? I'm originally from Rome and have a lot of friends up there, even tho I don't get up that way very often. More than likely if this gets going again there will be some weekend sketching opportunities, so stay tuned.
    The Dawsonville/Dahlonega/Gainesville area. :c
    But yeah, definitely staying tuned. c:

Last edited by Aibiki; July 1st, 2012 at 04:38 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Aibiki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aibiki>>> ahh, proper North Georgia. For a while there I was up there every couple weeks visiting a friend before he left town for school. Nice scenic area but very rural.

psychotime>>> Didn't realize AAC had a blog, that's always a good session. $7 for public, $5 for members I think it was. Haven't been in a few years but I always liked that one. I'm assuming it was still in that big studio behind the gallery? Those folks were always really nice, although I always got a lot of raised eyebrows back when I was using these smelly letraset markers for a while there. Even one of the model said something to me later at completely unrelated event. hHaha, yeahhhh: I don't use those markers any more.

The meetings on Wednesdays, at least from past experience and from what I'm envisioning, are less about life study and more about conceptual and production art, practice and techniques, bring-what-you-are-working-on, and lots of talk about artists, comics, games, film & tv and whatever else you bring to the table. Bring reference materiAl to work from or share. Free form but focussed on personal art improvement. There was always lots of laughter too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't been there in 2 years, but yeah, it was in the studio behind the gallery.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggemmaneuver View Post
    aibiki>>> ahh, proper North Georgia. For a while there I was up there every couple weeks visiting a friend before he left town for school. Nice scenic area but very rural.
    Definitely rural. But it's home. xD

I need to look into the Quinlan again in Gaineville, and see if they have anything as far as model/sketch groups. I think I read something once about it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey folks............ have heard back from a few folks and despite summer vacations, work schedules, etc, looks like there'll be a decent turnout this evening.

i am stoked.

okay, now to get my pre-sketchgroup levitation psych-up.

om.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if a tree posts in a forest and only other trees are there to witness it, what is the species of bacteria living on the teeth until dislodged by toothpicks made from the non-posting tree's fibers? whut?

So we are meeting again this wednesday 25 july at 730 pm at Starbucks, Mansell rd/alpharetta highway intersection. has been lots of fun thus far contact me w any questiones hope to see you soon art - FIEND!!!!!

toodles

Name:  20120725-drawSMSM.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  201.1 KB

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When is the next meeting? I am finally back in Atlanta and want to draw!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Omi-kun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi omi kun,
    I'm looking at Monday nights as a potential meeting night, and probably somewhere near dunwoody, as my working situation has changed again. Have heard back from a lot of folks and seems like people are interested. it'll probably be after laborday before I organize anything, but please stay tuned. . Thanks!
    emmab

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HI! I miss CATL!!!
    My interest in concept art has recently had a fire lit under it's ass. Are there any intowners on this list any more? I live downtown and would be keen to get together once a week, once a month, anything really, at some cafe and draw while occasionally joshing and/or critiquing one another.

I used to go to Apres Diem every monday night while my friend DJed and nurse a glass of wine while lovemaking to my sketchbook. But it's too dark in there and my results were often blurry and wine-stained. Alternatives needed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm still here! Never did get a chance to go to the other meetings. I go to georgia tech, so I am up for anywhere around there.

Members who have read this thread: 3