Page 121 of 284 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,573 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks

rice on the other participants...

...it's officially crunchtime. i need some help finding places to send this thing to. if you have any questions, please let me know.

hope you crazy catls had a delightful weekend, i know i did.

hugz n gugz

j

P.S. IMPORTANT: We need to have a big field trip type event and soon. Early - mid march ok for everyone? There has been talk, but it's important to get something on the books soon so people who are on the listserv can potentially join the discussion, etc. If you have ideas, put em on the table. I'm planning on blowing my planning wad on the big Cinquo Du Sketcho El Dos extravaganza, so someone should step in and posit some nice succulent idears. I know you all have plenty of them. Really for a March event, now is the prime time to be sending out the big invite. Thx
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; February 19th, 2007 at 05:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    P.S. IMPORTANT: We need to have a big field trip type event and soon. Early - mid march ok for everyone? There has been talk, but it's important to get something on the books soon so people who are on the listserv can potentially join the discussion, etc. If you have ideas, put em on the table. I'm planning on blowing my planning wad on the big Cinquo Du Sketcho El Dos extravaganza, so someone should step in and posit some nice succulent idears. I know you all have plenty of them. Really for a March event, now is the prime time to be sending out the big invite. Thx
    That's Gugg's polite way of saying, "Uh, A-Doll - any day now..."

So, disregarding pressing deadlines for a moment, here's the story, folks:

For March, I'm organizing a day-trip to Stone Mountain for environment study. Dates up for grabs include the 10th and the 24th. So, chime in now which works best for you. The 17th is off-limits as it's my wife's b-day.

Stone Mountain is an active participation event. That means plan on wearing comfortable shoes and clothes, and doing a bit of hiking about. To get to the good stuff, you have to go vertical. There are some light-duty trails we can take to access some of the more scenic areas up above the park. However, there are areas that can be a bit challenging to navigate for those not as comfortable being out of doors.

For those willing to brave a bit of adventure, Stone Mountain offers the opportunity to work on rock formations, woodland enviros, and 18th century-style developments.

So, let's kick this off by getting a head count/talking about which day works best. I'll have a packet pulled together shortly with details/directions/miscellany...

[+] AD - now, back to things that pay...

Thanks

re: Stone Mountain Trek

my vote would be for Teh 24. German food mmmmmm

Oooh... i might bring oil paints, portability-level being a key factor with this trip.

j

Thanks
    NATIONAL CALL

OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS --- not for the faint of heart...
    DEADLINE: POSTMARKED BY MARCH 15th, 2007

http://www.artistauditions.org/national.php

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Hey gang. Sorry for being MIA tonight. As Murphy's Law would have it, my connection to the Net got nuked in my office as I was preparing to upload the files from my 9 month project to the client's server. So, while I have a wee bit of connectivity borrowed from my sister, and I'm waiting for things to migrate to the right folders, I wanted to chime in.

Just as a heads up, I'll be offline most of tomorrow, until I can get the tech services guys out to sort out the trouble. I did take Thursday off as well, so between wrapping up Gugg's project, I'll start cobbling together the materials for the Stone Mountain trip.

Also, I'll be MIA next Tuesday. As part of my client services, I'll be in Florida at a conference talking about what I just got finished putting together.

Yeah, Feb's been a bust for public appearances. I promise the art I've been working on will rock nads...

[+] AD - panic on the streets of London...

Thanks
    hey folks
    hope yr week's goin swell tonight is painting class #2... looks like i'll be beginning the underpainting tonight on my figure comp.

If you haven't contacted steiner directly kindly sound off on whether march 10 or 24 is better for the stone mountain trip. My vote is for the 24, but it is a vote.

j

Thanks
    ... i don't know which would be better... so yeh... mine is open.

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    I'll be in New York for a trade convention around the 24th, so the 10th would be better for me. I'll certainly bow to the majority, though.

I'm working hard on gathering an official CATL vid and book library, and it's going very well. I made a find the other day that looks to be an enormous and high quality addition. I'll try and bring what I've compiled to the next Tuesday meet. Prepare for a learning overload.

I watched Marko's tutorial DVD the other day, and got really juiced by it. It really was worth the $$. I've done some sketching using his general method, and got some really good results that I'll also bring along with me.
    Last edited by Artifex33; February 22nd, 2007 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    my own leaning towards the 24th was more of a 'it's a little bit later so there will be a little more time to plan, etc...' kind of thing. but the 10th is also good for me, although i am on call. certainly i will probably be able to switch with one of the other artists here for that week or just that day. if wesmeistro is gonna have to bow out bc of being in nyc on the 24 we should move it to the 10 imo.

ethax, nofingers, the_allejo05?

j

Thanks
    Either day is good for me. If I had to choose, I would say the 24th (school's out by then), but the 10th is fine also.
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    I'll say the 24th, then. That'll take pressure off of just about everyone. I'll have to figure out if I can make it, but there's no reason to do the 10th just to allow for my forecasted schedule.

Thanks
    holy freakin crap BLACK FROG UPDATE...

underpainting ~~finished will begin officially painting next week! woohoo!

j

Thanks
    I always love Black Frog posts.

Regarding dates for the next event: both of those are fine with me.

My website is up as I will have a good opportunity to give out business cards tomorrow.

http://ben.cardwell.tk/gallery.html

Page 121 of 284 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 171 221 ... LastLast