Page 12 of 246 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Count me in!

I'm down for the cafe tonight and the zoo. A group show would be cool (if I can get over my "I can't draw" phase I'm currently in). I know it's pricey, but if it rains, do they allow sketching in the museum? Maybe another airport trip? I'll try to think of something...
    old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seansea
    (if I can get over my "I can't draw" phase I'm currently in)
    dude stop with that isht you are so money and you don't even know it.---> btw, I'm probably getting out of work a few hours early today--> will call you about the apache cafe thinger.

Chauncey makes an excellent point--> the airport is always an excellent alternative in the event of foul weather. High museum of art or fernbank would be good---> If the High we can park our cars at my job's parking lot and then walk a couple of blocks over to the museum.

joel

Thanks
    Fernbank is an excellent suggestion in case of rain. The High would be good, especially if they had some statuary. I got such a kick out of drawing the marble statues at Caesar's in Vegas. The botanical gardens would be some good enviro practice. Then there's the awesome new aquarium, though that might be super crowded.

Thanks
    Zoo + earthbound sketchbook = Artpocalypse.....I think that i will be spending much time around the gorillas and elephants...the bigger the better

I like Artifex's idea of the botanical gardens...or aquarium as a backup plan.

Wont be going to the cafe tonight (got a hot date), but i will see you guys at BnN tomorrow evening
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Nofingers: Glad we could renew the spark in your relationship with the threat of a group intervention...and no, that's not some weird way of saying "We're all going to show up and watch"...That's just invasive and sticky...

All: Zoo = great idea. Tequila and baboons = bad idea. Ask me about how you can mix primates with alcohol to lose your Visa while on safari in the Greater Ghanda Basin...If we need extra people, I can rope my wife in as well...

I will be forgoing the Apache Cafe meetup tonight...However, I will be keeping my scheduled appearance at the BnN tomorrow...Do we convene outside or in?

-Analog-D

Thanks
    I usually hang out on the patio at Starbucks, weather permitting. There's quite a bit of seating out there; much more than inside, so we'll probably be better off out there if more than a handful of us show up.

Thanks
    apache cafe report: Chauncey and i had a good time at the drawing session at apache cafe last night...ran into ben c., who it appears may be making an appearance tonight at the B&N impromptu insanity. I drank too much expresso and had a huge headache at the end of the night... Yow. thank goodness for tylenol PM... ...Got a couple of nice little sketches out of the dealio, though the models were slightly fidgetty and i get distracted by talking fun fun. SPECIAL TREAT, a friend of mine (named brett) is going to be dropping by here at some point soon, and will likely accompany us to the zoo! If you see a guy in here with a Utrecht bag you'll know that's him.

Big Carl keep on Rovin, CATL sketchgroup keep on growin

7:30 p.m. it is then tonight at the north point b&n starbucks? so-called skeeters are kind of bad now, so outside is good unless those buggers are swarming. sounds like fun guys, i can't wait!

Also---> Would June 24 be a good date for the CATL-ZOO-SKetcharific outing??? i know that's a long ways off, but i'm pretty much tied up until that saturday with preparations for the workshop and various weddings and other boring stuff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ARtIfex--> good idea with the atlanta botanical gardens; there are some really nice landscapes there + buildings. the Nikki in the garden thing looks interesting...There is some really good potential for life drawing from the landscapes and buildings, which are quite attractive. Maybe we could have an official landscape session where we'd do the botanical garden and then move on over to piedmont park since that's a nice place but parking is problematic at best. I know that the high has some really nice statuary inside the gallery, and there's that awesome RODIN sculpture outside and right on peachtree. Nice idea friend! will see you tonight at the shindig.

nofingers--> you have to buy us all a round of coffee for saving your relationship. :-P hehehehe that or you can just crit my portfolio with a SCATHING, NASTY vengeance and we'll call it even

AD--> See you tonight friend; If the embassy from nigeria calls, the gibbons are still in L'AFRIQUE, and I don't know anything about the wooden crate full of gorilla hand ashtrays.

j
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 23rd, 2006 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks
    Sorry, all - the weather report in from the forecasters at work this afternoon reads: Severe thunderstorms with a strong chance of loose debris battering about the head, neck, chest and the rest of the upper torso...

I've been assigned another wonderful assignment that needs "immediate and thorough attention" and it looks like I'll be forgoing any arty activities this evening...I'll have to link up with the group for the next go around (or simply drop in on Wes during one of his weeknight escapes at the Starbucks)...

Enjoy the Bubble and Squeak...

Cheers!

-AD

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about that AD.....you will be with us in spirit...also, i will be doing a spot-on impression of you, as well as much trask talking behind your back....so its practically the same thing.....i jest of course. See everyone at the place
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

well,

bummer steiner

j

Thanks
    Thanks to Gug and Nofingers for showing at the B&N. Always helpful to have someone there willing to point and laugh if you start to slack. I updated the sketchbook thread with my hard-won works:

The Babes of B&N

Thanks
    a delightful time was had by all; good drawings were made and entire lives of russian teenagers divulged. at one point the air filled with the odor of blackberry pie and the teenage laughter of alpharetta. it seemed they had turned to my newest sketchbook page. PICK up on the context clues below for more details or maybe DROP by next time if only for a little while ...

EVERYONE check out the New goodies from my main man ARTIFEX!!!

AD: Trevor made no such impression. The weather was delightful, the overheard conversations were quite scandalous. then the alpharetta hipsters arrived and pulled out their smoking organics and whipped out a mini hookah, which filled the air with the smell of blackberry pie, and dirty feet. you missed out man, but hopefully you enjoyed the night off. your input in my portfolio package would have been greatly appreciated, but that's just me being selfish. seriously, i know you were probably modeling some project anyways mr. workaholic

nofingers: so many hot young brunette girls around and you drew me?!?!?!?! what the F man.... i'm seriously weirded out. kidding of course, draw whatever the hell you want, but i crushed on like 9 different alpharetta gals like a proper dirty old man should. the soap opera was a little much to take in at times; i should have busted out the earplugs.

artifex: Way to go man... stuff is looking good in the thread. I IMPLORE THEE! Start a sketchbook thread and let us watch your artistic growth my friend, meeting challenges, rocking out the dragons, slaying the babes with the pigment marker. At any rate, EXCELLENT WORK-->fill up that book homey and move on!

joel

Thanks
    Gug: Sketchbooks--don't worry. The new site is coming along, and I'll have my whole library of work posted there, likely including my super-old sketchbooks to point and guffaw at.

Everyone but Gug and NoFingers: Damn. A hookah. Who the F has a hookah, and of those that do, who brings it to an Alpharetta Starbucks??

Gug: Blackberry pie flavored hookah puffs? Sounds like a Saturday morning cereal commercial.

Thanks
    hey!!! hey!!! hey!!!
    we're now at 100% in the sketchbook thread from last night's little mini-catl sketchgroup! CHECK-IT yall!
    -j

Thanks
    anyone down for gathering next tuesday??? same CATL time? same CATL channel?

work in the SB thread looks good everyone!

jkb

Page 12 of 246 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast