Page 11 of 284 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    ***Applause!!!

We're 100% on results posting! nice looking thread in there everyone!

CATL Sketchgroup REPRESENT!

next up: the zoo? later in june? I will be drawing komodo dragons, gharials, lions, giraffes and maybe even passers by ... unfortunately i'm booked until after the workshop in mid - early june with fanatical workshop preparations.

adieus,
    gugg
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just checking in from Round 1 of a two round all-day-every-day work festival...

That's the lovely thing about prepping things for a BETA test...All the corporate headmen circle up and scrunch their faces and hem and haw and decide that the the twinkling sound of dollar signs flittering overhead like little white fairy lies are calling them to victory...So, off to a war of copy and code I've been sent...

Why does it pay to know the words to David Bowie's Golden Years? Because when you're asked a question that you just don't have the strength to answer one more time, you can somehow always break into song...And when the inquisitor repeats the question, ignoring your curious singing, you just keep on going...The confusion is worth every sour mark...

In case you're reading through this, already formulating an inquisitive response: "Why, A-Doll? Where is this going?" let me go ahead and spill the tripe on the table:

It's been a few days since someone posted on this thing...I hope that it is due to hardwork and careful study...Otherwise, I'm calling foul...I like to check in, see things going on, progress being made...I don't like seeing the thread creep ever closer to the bottom of the page...This is not a serve, but a set for a vicious spike...

I do hope someone's working on something exciting to share...

-AD

Thanks
    Public Service Translation of AnalogDoll's post above:

"WTF? Two days and no posts?"

I'm actually working on a design for my website, including a new sketch for the front page. Just gotta find the time to work on it. Sorry, no molten drool for this next one.

Thanks
    well said steiner, fex:

I got so addicted to chatting on this page i had to stop for a little bit because i felt like i was totally geekin out and making too many stupid posts. i'm a post man- if you can't tell.

personally, i need to draw more, talk less...-->if there is anywhere on the site that is worthy of extraneous chit chat it is in the local artist group session...cause we got to keep the CATL torch burning brightly.

if you guys wanted to discuss some informal sketch group between here and june 6, i'm down because i need some crits on my portfolio/work choice. thoughts anyone? would love to see the new site wes

joel

Thanks
    gug: With luck, I should have some preliminary designs for my site done soon. I tend to hang at the Starbucks next to the Northpoint Barnes & Noble whenever I need some serious sketch time. Lots of outdoor seating and plenty of caffeine within easy reach. I'd be up to an informal meeting there sometime for whoever's interested. I'll even bring my copies of the Loomis books to piss off Analog. hehehe

Thanks

steiner!

you h8 loomis! wtf?!?!?! i have to kill you now. he's in my signature so be nice

wes--> next tuesday night? let's hang and sketch up there near north point. no official emails because it's less than a week away though. anyone else down? i'll bring some portfolio stuff for you to bash.

and i just got a moleskine. to one-up nofingers's earthbound insanity.

M O L E S K I N E

guggenjoelmaneuver

Thanks
    See, this is what happens when i do something cool, everyone copies me.....when i finish my school book, I'm going to get some crazy ass paper and make my own sketchbook with a cornocopia glorious colors. The i will have graduated to the realm of god-like sketchbooks.

ARG...i have class tuesday and wednesday night, otherwise i'd be there
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Oh, yeah - it's come alive!

Being that I'm so close to Northpoint, I will be there next Tuesday night...Perfect little excuse to give the Mother-in-Law some time with the wife...

And to clairify - I don't hate Loomis. My sketch bible is from Loomis (I recently checked and discovered that it is indeed true)...It's Hobarth...Hobarth and I are going to have fisticuffs...Old Thyme fisticuffs...Something that starts with:

"Sir, you have insulted me and you have insulted my family. Have at you!"

I do hope Hobarth dresses in the same manner as Colonel Sanders...Otherwise, my delusional bubble will be burst...

I've already sent an apology card to Loomis and perhaps, one day, I shall receive a response...One day...

Earthbound vs. Moleskine...Two sketchbooks enter...One sketchbook leaves...If you could put an armored helmet on the Moleskine and Dress the Earthbound in Mel Gibson-esque hair extentions, I'd pay to watch the throwdown...

"We don't need another hero..."

-AD

Thanks
    it's "Burne Hogarth" and agreed: his dynamic anatomy for artists is problematic--> however his rendering style is absolutely top notch. Hogarth dresses like a pirate and steals all the ladies hearts. hehehe my moleskine is gonna RULE DOOD. glad to hear you are on board for tuesday night...

perhaps i'll shoot out an email too? thoughts on whether i should do this??? I should be available around 7:30 or 8 if not slightly earlier.

COOL.
    j

Thanks
    Burnie doesn't like it when I call him Hobarth...He says it sounds like the name of some Welsh brownie out of a children's folktale...It will be a battle of epic proportions...complete with bowties and bowler hats...

The BnN/Starbucks is Fex's turf...If Wes doesn't mind more than a few of us possibly showing up, it might be nice to holler out to the locals and see who might be around...Besides, I need more people to help keep me from falling off the wagon for Chai Lattes...I can't guarantee my stamina will hold...

Cheers and props to you all!

-AD

Thanks
    I would write something witty, but my brain is fried at the moment. And by fried I mean that my day job drives me to act on my homicidal tendencies which require a ridiculus amount of mental concentration to suppress. Needless to say, I'm currently thinking of how many ways I can fataly maul Floridians with simple office supplies. You would be amazed how much potential is encapsulated in one tiny paper clip<eye twitch>

Thanks
    Grendel...sweetie...I think I'm falling in love with you. Let's not quivel on the fact that I've never actually talked to you or even seen you....Darling, will you be mine?

I like Hogarth....his rendering style is god-awful, but he concentrates on drawing the figure from memory in a way that pleases me

Anyone else have a dream where they had super strength and their girlfriend had stretching abilty...ala...The Incredibles?....maybe just me....but it was badass dream to be sure.

Now i'm sad that my buddies are gonna be drinking lattes and drawing without me
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogDoll
    Just checking in from Round 1 of a two round all-day-every-day work festival...

That's the lovely thing about prepping things for a BETA test...All the corporate headmen circle up and scrunch their faces and hem and haw and decide that the the twinkling sound of dollar signs flittering overhead like little white fairy lies are calling them to victory...So, off to a war of copy and code I've been sent...
    i BETA tAsted old-school VCRs with the Big tapes once,
    delicious! thanks for bump-bu bump-bu bumping our thread E! ha ha weekend at Burnie hogarth's exaggerated anatomy house

Seriously--> Next tuesday night = awesome!

GG--> Rest assured i've got a concussion-bound pack of looseleaf with your name on it.

Don't believe nofingers / trevors lies--> It makes it hard for the rest of us CATL people to draw when we have to constantly chase off all the hot girls that are obsessed with his earthbound sketchbook. literally--> they see it, they start dancing. even with no music, it's really really quite odd

you should skip class trevor haha

j
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 19th, 2006 at 08:56 AM.

Page 11 of 284 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast