Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 11

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Y'all's crazy, man. Y'all's crazy."

I step away for an afternoon and look what post-happy madness has descended onto this thread...Now that Gugg-Master-Flash has returned and Fae has apparently scored a free-day at work, this thread has come alive. ALIVE!

Of course, not to be outdone - solid posts from Wesifex and Trevor's-Lack-of-Fingers...And I do have to say, arriving upon my first tour of the CATL Sketchbook Thread those many months ago, the sudden and overwhelming appearance of phallus-rich art was a little off-putting...Although, we did manage to get through the last CATL Call at Wes' Intergalatic Compound without any "masculine appendages" appearing on the paper...I think that deserves a gold star...

As I have purchased Chauncey's kidney, if he is unable to attend Zootastic Sketchfest 2006 in person, I'll be more than happy to display his organ in the golden coffin I plan on keeping it preserved in...Of course, that's if they don't search my bag at the gate and start asking questions that will only have outlandish answers...

Next week is going to be chock full of CATL love and I'm looking forward to it...

-ApparateDisapparate

Last edited by AnalogDoll; June 16th, 2006 at 11:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... so... my friend's 21st party is on saturday night... meaning... fae here's gonna have to check out early and miss the latter day's festivities... that sucks... 'cause i hate it when i have to leave and miss out on what other fun goes down (prolly more fun--- "sweet! She's gone!!! crank up the music, bring on the REAL sketchin!")... but yeh... =( why must they be on the same day!?

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae: You just have an expansive and rich social life...That just means we'll have to start the "fun factor" ahead of schedule...

And that means unauthorized elephant rides, people!

All: CATL Week of Sketchtastic Force begins in T-Minus 00.25.30.00 - the clock is ticking - get those pencils sharpened

-ApprovedDistraction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I might not be able to make it tomorrow night. As predicted, my schedule this week is all over the place. Regrets in advance if I have to ditch. Hopefully lightning will strike, planets will align, groundhogs will see shadows and such, and i'll be there, but it's not looking good at this point.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah man...I wish I could be there. I joined this Art Association here in Macon and theres some kind of meeting tomorrow night. I'm hoping I can go there and start getting my name amongst the pro artists here. Appearntly they're starting some figure drawing thing soon too, so I'm going to enjoy that.

There's a show I know of happening some time next month, I'll drop some more info when I get it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

it's a shame that you can't make it wes, kenneth

...there's going to be a special surprise treat going down at this one that you won't want to miss.

Fae--> no prob we'll just crash your friend's 21st birthday party, THEN draw whiskety bottles on her face hehehehe

looking forward to rocking and not stopping

sonic youth just killed me with new inspiration

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OH GOD!

..........NOOOOO.............

Damn you Gugg-en-decapitator.

I'll see if I can make it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oKily
    ken -n- wes -n- trev i'll pm you to let you know what the suprise is so you can give me your input...hehehe

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why do they get to know the suprise!??!?! -wine wine wine!!!-

...i'm feelin' so left out =(

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [Guggengroovin] A whole lot of superstars, on this stage here tonight...But i want y'all to know one thing: This is....
    [CATL] My House
    [Guggengroovin'] And when i say who's house, y'all know what time it is.
    Who's house?
    Gugg's house!

We have too many surprises on the lamb for this to be clear and correct...So far, the score is:

1) On All My Children, Guggendramatica is the father of Erica Kane's baby...

2) Wesifex can kill...with a word...(For your own safety, don't ask him what that word is...)

3) Nofingers does indeed have all his fingers (but only one toe on each foot)...and, he can turn his skin inside out as a defensive mechanism...yeah, it's unpleasant to behold, yet effective...

4) TripleH is not painting murals in Macon...he is preparing for a Summer tour with World Wrestling Entertainment's Summer Crushjam Crew...

5) Chauncey is not moving to LA...He has actually been contracted by the Department of Defense to put an end to nuclear proliferation in the Pacific Basin...

6) I (Analog-D) do not attend CATL events...Instead, I send an imposter who pretends to be me and actually just traces over sketches I've already completed to maintain my secret identity...

7) In a curious "Awful Haus" experience, Fae was able to manifest a breath of fire that consumed those sitting at the booth across from her's...

That's what I've got on the board. Trust me, your secrets are safe here...

-AlphabetDandelion

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WELL said anno domini--> precise statement of truth AND fact

in other news everyone should take a look at this: check out har har har's AWESOME MURALS in his sb thread!

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...8 tonight could not come any faster...

therefore fae has concluded to eat her cold unmicowaved (due to laziness and convenience) canned soup while sketch-painting zombie-merged-pirate stuff... saving and renaming logos, and keeping up-to-date with the valueable and informative information updated here in such threads.

As to the zombie-merged-pirate deal... don't know if i'll leave it a speed, or take it further (how much further?), but i'll post up somethin' in a few secs in my crap-yard.

Attention Deficit: thank you for expanding my brain with such huge-hardy-harish-chauncinatical-guggentastic-fingerless-etc info =O

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae: Zombie-merged-pirate deal? Just the title alone sounds like high-seas dread...Let me check...Oh, oh yeah...That speaks to me quite soundly...I love the little "decay" on the right side (zombie's left) above the mouth...Somebody's been adrift too long, I see...I say run with it...

All: If H-cubed were an ancient, kung fu warrior wandering the lands between the Valley of the 99 Sinners and the Jade Throne, he'd be known as King Mural...Each stroke of his brush would paint the world in peace and laughter or pain and suffering...

TripleH: Are you showing in the art event you previously posted on? Perhaps we should road trip down and throw you some CATL support...and partake of the free cheese and wine service...

Speaking of Road Trip:

"Unleash the fury, Mitch. Unleash the fury. Come on, Mitch. Eat him. Please, Mitch. Go get him, boy. He's right there. Kill him. Maim him. Bite him. Unleash the fury!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to quickly thank everyone for turning up tonight for the sketch group. Those of you who were unable to attend missed a truly "out of your comfort zone" experience...

I can't say it enough how blown away I am at the progress we're all making. It seems that every meeting something is shown or someone busts some technique that really kicks me in the face...

Guggs: That image for Chauncey's sketchbook was absolutely a gold star rendering. Of everything you've shared, that one hit me in the guts...You've brought something back from Montreal...Or, maybe...just maybe...this is a new Guggs - better, stronger, faster than before...Good things are coming down from Mount Saint Guggenlavaflow...

Chauncey: It was a hard toss up for the Thunderdome, but man you nailed it and you deserve the win. One look and I could see summer fun all over that beast...You took me to school and I didn't even get a sack lunch...You will be missed, my friend...

Fingerless: I don't know what they're teaching you at that school of yours, but it is working. Clowns, inner tubes, the beach, cotton candy - truly the signs of the end of times...You made a bombastic showing tonight and I'm glad you were able to bring your friend along...I hope he had a good time...

Fae: Your sketchbook is a tome of unearthly delights. I think looking at it before going into the sketchjam helped me move away from my Loomis-inspired (read: present head construction obsession) work...Your creature work will one day rock the COW thread wide open...

Never enough time, dear friends. Never enough. Until Saturday...

-AegisDogma

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think Chauncey had a well desevered win, but I wish that everyone had time to flesh out their work. Im a excited about the Zoo Trip.....or as they say on the streets, ZT, on Saturday.....gonna be Awesome.....work to be posted tomorrow.

If we all decide to eat together, or at least meet sometime during the middle of the trip, maybe we could have a mini thunderdome or sketchjam.....I always enjoy the group activities

Pretty awesome stuff today....well, technically yesterday. I was also pleased that we are generating so much interest in the CATL group, so much so that other group are adopting similar naming techniques, and random people are sitting to sketch with us

End of line

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey All!
    Sorry I didn't post last night but I was breakin' in the sketchbook you guys got me. That surprise was soooo appreciated and I promise to share every page with you guys.

As AnalogDoll said I won't be in L.A. I'll be in San Fran. 2 big interviews. One with LeapFrog and the other with Giant Killer Robot. Lord pleeeeeeeeeeeease let me get the gig with Giant Killer Robot! My bread n' butter job will be doing video game testing. I'm gonna miss you all so damn much. The way the group is growing and creating makes me proud and gives me inspiration.

Since I'll be hurtling through the air at breakneck speeds that night (that's one big ass slingshot), I don't think I'll be able to make it to the zoo , but I will stop by the SF zoo and draw a rhino for G-Grack. Take care of yourselves, watch out for the heat, and God bless!

Love,
    Seansea

P.S. Check out the pics of last nights festivities on the sketch CATL thread.

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chauncey gets the award for posting his results first on the CATL SKetchgroup fridge!!! glad you guys liked the lil monster i dropped in there... seriously things are not going to be the same without Seansea here to inspire us to new heights. C-man can you send me a larger scan of that one page??? maybe 1600 x 1200 RGB or thereabouts if that'd be ok.

I had soooooo much fun last night it kind of blew my mind pld: . Whereever we roll it attracts a lot of attention from other folks...crazy how that works out. Good seeing ya steiner, tammy, trevor, and thanks for bringing along yr friend--> the more the merrier ya know??? we could totally set one of the animals free on saturday? pandemonium anyone?

will be scanning stuff from last night... can't put up my sketchjam though until after july 9. SHHHHH NO TALKING ABOUT THE SUBJECT!

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 21st, 2006 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was nice getting more people straightened up in my head!!! yes! And as I warned last night, now less and less will slip by without response, retribution, or such here on the thread... since I know where to properly place the blame!

I had a great time... and even, true to our stereotype =P, developed new psychological hypothesis about myself– thanks to our Artificial Demon, I realized I have some subconscious obsession (love or hate... who knows) for bugs and bug-like things... oh gosh...

I have also, since last night, become a witness of No Finger's 10 fingers... it must've been a hell'f a job getting 'em reconnected so well and seamlessly!

Another thing learned: Gugg's narcissism... and his attempts to hide it or feign humbleness... that or his insecurity in his art and his dire need for people to see and approve of his sketches =P

I found both love and hate there last night... 1... I got to pick my words first b/c I was the present estrogen of the group.... 2... a recommended nickname (packhorse?) was offered up for me...

O yes... I laughed, I cried... it moved me! =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Who needs the DSM-IV manual...

...when you've got the CATL sketchgroup thread???

hehehe its cool that you are droppin in on this thread tammy ...
    PSYCHEVAL!

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 21st, 2006 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can already see the quivering vibe that is pre-CATL Zoofest 2006 setting into the thread...4-hours rocked last night...I can't imagine what 8-12 (wishful thinking?) will bring this weekend...

Note to self: bring identification and bail money...

-ArtificialDemon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i know right??? friggin 8 - 12 - 14 hours??? damn we could all probably bust out 25 - 30 pages and lock down the whole internet with our CATL uploads. I'm pretty sure there's a list somewhere for that.

I'm still begging chauncey to try and figure out a way to come along to the zoo... flight schmight. hehehe

oh yes. The CATL Sketchgroup Fridge as it has officially been dubbed had it's swan castrated. it's for the best really

AD--> dude you should totally start a SB thread. In my opinion you seem to be ready for that challenge. so much improvement from your camp lately it inspires me greatly.

oh yeah and just in case you were wondering
    guggen-saving-post-#1000-for-something-special-maneuver is watching you foo

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 21st, 2006 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    AD--> dude you should totally start a SB thread. In my opinion you seem to be ready for that challenge. so much improvement from your camp lately it inspires me greatly.
    Oh, man. I knew this would be coming up soon. It's on the list of things to do, but I want to give myself a little more time to relearn a lot of what I've lost over the years...I've been able to keep up with my imagination, but my execution is lacking...I can never clearly capture what I see in my head...I'm in baby step mode...

[Edit:] Guggs, remind me to bring that Notebook Paper Sketch to pass on to you at the Zoo. I'm hiding it away, so that I don't monkey with it any further. Nope, not gonna touch it...No!

And all the suggestions from everyone here I've taken to heart. Loomis for breakfast. "Hobarth" (the anatomy hobbit) for lunch. With lots of life drawing in the evenings.

I'm thinking about putting together an overnight here at the Casa de Destruktion - maybe a Fri-Sat thing. I've got mannequins and costumes to work from (don't ask me to explain) so we can settle in for some serious caffiene-driven, pizza-munching, B-movie-watching sketching...Sort of like a CATL Sketchgroup Lockdown. I have to get clearance first, but I think sometime in July/August it'll be on.

The swan will be missed...although, I can still hear its labored cries in the distance..."Get these things off me!"

-AbundantDread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahh... the dialog between our ArticulateDoppleganger and our Guggentinemesis (and all others) greatly enriches my daily 9-5s =)

however... i am out for the rest of the day---so... i look forward to having a good dose of Moo tomorrow morn =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OOh that sounds fun steiner! Keep us posted.

I'm going to try and get my place all spiiffy so that my house will be an option after the big meet on saturday

Steiner--> Make sure that you don't forget epic rhymes and silly verses about wood models and loose sketchin by Georgie-tom Bridgmanbodil in the LORD OF THE Figurative art series by Toolkeen. Speaking of rhymes by Bridgman i actually just got some little mahogany blocks cut so that i can make a little wooden and wire manikin like Bridgmanbodil commands in his "Life drawing." Seriously though a SB thread is great you get to interact with some phenomenal artists... I'll even direct some of my conceptart.org homeboys your way to check up on ya and drop the sb crit love.

tamtamtam errrrr FAE--> i've got to give you a piece of crummy old notebook paper so that you can contribute to this huge collaborative project that i'm harrassing steiner and chauncey about nowadays :-) nice looking signature nice of you to get the CATL word out!

nofingers--> dude--> get your sb up. drop the link here. i'll subscribe to it so i can check in. GEEEZ slacker.

everyone else we need some nice art to put up at the beginning of sketchbook thread. I have some ideas, but we shall discuss things with that on saturday be thinking about a CATL mascot...or better yet some kind of herd, maybe something similar to that of the C.O.W. but errr.... just cooler

j

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 21st, 2006 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2 new news items:

Ok... here's some new stuff to consider for our "after the zoo trip" period where we're going to be tired hot thirsty + thirsty for more drawing!:

Chauncey MAY be coming to the Zoo on saturday, but then we'll (or some specialized CATL sketchgroup division) may need to take him to the airport if so, or to a marta station so that he can get to his flight on time. This is all up in the air so it may not happen. cross your fingers folks... we all want to see chauncey ONE LAST TIME!!! boo hoo!!! gnashing of teeth!

And this just in: Matt (one of our new members who we haven't actually met in person yet) / sevnraiz (on here) works at Sanfrancisco coffee roasting in midtown atlanta...would be really cool to drop in and meet him (he works until about 6 i think) and show some CATL love. It might be kind of hectic there though bc apparently this is pride weekend. Since this is closer to midtown i know of a bunch of cool restaurants we could go to from there.

Here's what Matt wrote:

"Stop on by. Atlanta Pride is going on this weekend, and my location is close to where its all at, so we're expecting a busy crowd, but don't let that deter you."

1192 N. Highland Ave. [about a mile down the street]
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...A&ie=UTF8&om=1

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

See....

Guggen&gruven:

Told ya I'd make use of any pages that ink bled through. Check out what's in da fridge....

seansea

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arghy, arghy!

Here's the funny thing about Joe Jobs...Well, that's not accurate...Mine's not really a Joe Job - it's not some part-time gig slinging hash at the Awful Haus or telling people at The Gap that those pleat-front cargo pants really set their ensemble afire! No, I may have mixed things up with my employer to open the door to further my desperation to pursue art and illustrate my own work, but it's not a Joe Job...If those aforementioned positions define a Joe Job in your particular state of mind...

So, here's the funny thing about my job: I write...I write brochures, copy blocks, emails, official corporate communications, cut-sheet inserts, web content, newsletter content, 100-word company blurbs for conference mailers, etc...I like writing (albeit, I'd prefer to be writing about alien invasions and things under the bed). It pays the bills. However, more and more I find that as I sit down to write, my interest is swept away...You know, vast oceans of sand, dark citadels, spiny-tailed things that swoop down out of red skies and snap the necks of the unsuspecting with that audible twig-like cracking sound that makes you think of some skateboarder's leg bent in an awful direction...

Some days...Today for instance...As I've been writing since I think I sat down in front of this machine, I've been struggling with ADD - Artistic Desire Disorder...I guess it's just that yearning to want to be in a place where one day, I wake up, have a batch of huevos rancheros, and decide, "Today, I think I'll just paint bloody teeth..."

That's the dream, right? Not necessarily the spicy eggs and the teeth, but that's close, isn't it? I mean, we're all here for something - mine's eggs and teeth, apparently - so, I'm curious what everyone else is working towards? What is this Dirty Baker's Dozen of a sketchgroup HerrGuggen has gone to great lengths to keep alive (threat of life or limb, I'm told) pushing you to do?

Yours now returning to his regularly scheduled program of writing about Hurricane Preparedness,

-AsymptomaticDrag [Edit: Bad grammar fairy got me...]

Last edited by AnalogDoll; June 22nd, 2006 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eric, get out of my head. I know I think really loud, but dammit, the line has got to be drawn somewhere.

That's totally me as well--sitting at the A.M. job, thinking about the next time you mark a piece of paper with something other than a letter.

Speaking of which, the kid's in bed, so it's time to go downstairs and pull from the shelf the crisp new copy of Anatomy for the Artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so... dr.google is telling me it's supposed to rain tomorrow!??!?! =O

art... and creating... and what I wanna do with that?
    Ok... so you guys are close enough to talk to about more than just art, right? haha... the CATL herd is family. Dear gosh, I'm gonna regret this bought of honesty, aren't I?

Really, my trouble right now is that I am a greatly motivated person... but am also dealing with a LOT of stuff right now in my life, so when I'm dealing with that stuff, for some reason, it kills my motivation GREATLY. Part of me feels so haphazard that it's hard for me to focus and I feel very unpredictable. On that note, I have yet to call Donivan about that stuff... I think about it daily, and think I will make myself call him tonight.

For me, I guess I've always had desire to affect people–for people's memory of me to be a positive and different picture... I don't know. So... I guess my ambitious side wants to take the impact thing to a larger level, and I feel like media and entertainment and such is such a powerful tool. I want to say things, present ideas, convey messages through my artistic endeavors (which span across a range of things). I therefore have trouble with the idea of forever working on other people's ideas... because for me it'll be more than a job... it'll be what I wanna do in life as well. So... yeh.

Ok... my thoughts are so jumbled right now, I'm too lazy to re-read what I just read, yet I don't have a clue how it's coming across and if it's properly communicating =P but there ya go. If I don't kinda answer it now, I probably won't get 'round to it, so take that for what it's worth =P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae: motivation works differently for everybody, but I have a feeling that's why most of us gravitated to the CATL group in the first place. It's awfully hard to ignore that sketch pad when you're meeting up with your peers on a regular basis to show it off. Especially for those of us out of school, where class projects and critiques fill that void, it's an important takeaway from the meetings.

I don't know if it'll work for you, but competitiveness is a huge impetus for me. Try setting up a thunderdome with someone, or a sketchjam through email. Really tough to get something from someone like, say, AnalogDoll (*cough*) and not want to paint his stuff into a little cage, whip it with a leather strap and make it beg for mercy.

But perhaps I should try decaf.pld:

Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1