Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 108
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 108 of 123 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, untimely absences produced by withering torrents of wind and rain.

I got in just in time to safely stow the plants and watch the pink center on the radar drift safely to the east (safely for me, maybe not so much for everyone else). It did provide an opportunity to crack open the chest of boardgames and challenge my wife to a game of Guess Who.

"Does your person appear to suffer from a malady of the heart?"

Zoo Trip 3.0: So it doesn't become forgotten in past pages, any more details on CATL ZOO TRIP 3.0? The chatter seems to have abated and I want to make certain I have plans prepared in advanced. I have to juggle two weddings and a move in June, so this might be the last big event I can make until July scorches its way onto the calendar (at which point I'm seriously considering relocating operations to a clear, chilled bubble several thousand fathoms beneath the sea).

Grack: The Tarot Thunderdome certainly has some clear leaders. It will be interesting to see which artists walk away with top honors for this round.

Cheers to those who made it out last night. And if you missed out, there's always Thursday, or next Tuesday, or time in-between.

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Per Fingerless>>> as rehashed from some brief runthroughs last night, the plan at present is to meet at the Atlanta Zoo in Grant Park at NOON on saturday 31 May. I'll be arriving a little bit late but will be along to rescue you guys from attacking orange-utans and deranged ivory hornbills on acid...

good meeting last night folks, also, glad to hear you guys survived the scab county touchdown (SWEET +6PTS!) of the Turn-a-do.

g-luv

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zoo Trip 3.0: Damn the hornbills. Who's going, folks? Who's going to brave this madness with G-Gem, Fingerless, and I?

"I wish I lived in San Francisco. I would build the scariest fucking art car!"

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    greasy sunday majesty
    resumes this sunday night at 7 pm au
    Majestic Diner on Ponce de Leon.

& no txtblasts about this this time around:
    call/txt/email me for more information as needed.

hope you all have a delightful, prolonged weekend.
    g

EDIT!
    Name:  xl.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  51.9 KB
    DURRRR!

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 25th, 2008 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fingerless: Terrific find! Absolutely terrific. I have a great deal of admiration for those brave artists that work pixel by pixel. Some of my favorite games (Shadow Over Mystara/Tower of Doom, Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness, Asura Blade, Daraku Tenshi, and others) would not be as fun to play if not for their talents.

If anyone is interested in seeing more of Paul Robertson (the creator of the above film), you can go here: http://probertson.livejournal.com/

All: Sorry for my continued absence. I'll sneak in a brief appearance at the zoo come Saturday, but after that point it will be touch and go for June. Two weddings and a move mid-month are going to put next month in an atomic-driven headlock...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice seeing everyone last night after a lengthy absence. Even nicer to have Adrienne's signs & symbols book back in her hands instead of it accusingly staring at me from my coffee table.

I got an education on Witchblade art history, discovered Marko gets all of his reference from a crazy tribal fashion book, and Trevor doesn't walk around tables. Oh, and I'm still trying to figure out how I changed shirts, and there's still a little bulldog paperclip on my sleeve.

I'll hopefully be out next Tuesday with The Spindle™ in tow.

Cory reminder: see if you can dig up that wizard mag for me. i'd be really interested to see Turner's process.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kudos on organizing a zoo trip, sorry I can't make it. Mom will be in town doing a whirlwind condo tour with me. Look out, HOAs of Atlanta. I'm joining up and I will not stand for uncoordinated flower colors on the landscape.

Matress Factory Open Studio on June 7th, correct?

Awalim is having a hafla party at Nicolas on June 15th, for anyone who wants to drag their girlfriends out and saturate them with more bellydancing goodness. I'll probably be there with drum in tow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Saturday, June 7: Mattress Factory Open Studios - 12 to 10pm

Hope you can make it! Click for details:

Name:  myspaceboxad.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  37.6 KB

Atlanta Painters Meetup Group
    Barbarino's SKETCHBOOK
    Concept Art Atlanta Thread

"Don't think about making art - just get it done. Let everyone else decide whether it's good or bad - whether they love it or hate it. While they're deciding, make even more art." (Andy Warhol)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Barbarino: Thanks for the update on the Mattress Factory show. Unfortunately, I'll be away at my sister's wedding and will have to send you guys positive support from afar. I do hope the show is a success and that your brushwork catches the eye of more than a few patrons.

Monet: Sorry to hear you're going to miss out tomorrow.

All: Zoo Tripping, folks! Enough animal reference to tease even the most thinly stretched of imaginations. Are you coming out?

I'll be down there before noon - sunscreen in tow.

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    allo ZOOtrippers: Be advised that both north AND southbound sides of the i-75/i-85 connector will have 4 lanes closed this weekend for construction. Planning an alternate route (in our case... perhaps some variation on i-285 to i-20/boulevard+grant park exit) is advised. Grrrrr... 4 lanes: really? I guess they're making up for lost time with not working on it this past holiday weekend.

looking forward to sketching with yallz tomorrow! and remember: nofingers made that salamander.

g

edit: wow... this is amazing! and more pictures!

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 30th, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In non-zoo trip news (boo!), the filming of the meatily-named "Ninja Assassin" Wachowski Bros. has apparently begun. link

Who's not going to fork out $10 to see the triumphant return of Sho Kosugi??? I want 80's karate moves!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still not sure if I should attend the zoo trip or stay in and work on other things...

this is pretty funny:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ack/article.do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and heres me bitching out.....
    i gotta work tomorrow from 7 am to 3 pm and dre is teaching her self flash then building templates for clients.....i know its awesome and sh!##y at the same time. we will try and make the after hours at the eatery. (its because its not in the food court, hence making it an eatery)

im kind of pissed i cant make this ....a lot....if i can go a little northern on this....im wicked f$#&in' pissed!!!!!

good luck to every one and happy sketching.

Slainte!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gugg and I rocked it hardcore at the Zoo, despite the heat, crowed of aimlessly wandering kids, and loud Christian rock blasted at the nearby park.

I got a DS and Colors!, and that shit rocks (sketchbook update to come soon). And if that wasn't reason enough to get a DS, check this out.

Korg DS-10 article

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KU > Thanks for the well wishes. Very much appreciated...we're expecting a nice turnout, so it should be a fun event.

Atlanta Painters Meetup Group
    Barbarino's SKETCHBOOK
    Concept Art Atlanta Thread

"Don't think about making art - just get it done. Let everyone else decide whether it's good or bad - whether they love it or hate it. While they're deciding, make even more art." (Andy Warhol)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. June is already here and it feels like it's already the middle of the month. C'mon, July! C'mon!

First up: I've voiced some disappointment over the Sci-Fi Channel in the past (the recent resurfacing of Flash Gordon comes to mind). So, I was pleased to find someone that decided to sort things out on his own: Classic Sci-Fi Channel...

Next: I'll be MIA for the next couple of weeks. I was fortunate to have all these crazy summertime events like moves and weddings front loaded, so once they're knocked out, the rest of the year just sighs right along...

Fight the good fight, folks. Keep the art coming.

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seekers!
    i'ma skip out on the mini tonight...furious preparations ensue for said and forthcoming open studio.

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to plan on coming by the open studio Saturday. Tyler's birthday is Sunday, so if I wind up bringing him along, wish him a good one.

About to go under contract for a condo off Ralph McGill. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll make you all come over when I get it put together so I have an excuse to buy a grill for my huge porch!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Local Concept Artist Needed

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/med/712508775.html

Someone on craigslist needing a concept artist for a Bollywood film "in the vain of Aladdin/ Prince of Persia (the game)/The Mommy/Stargate"

Sounds like fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    monet big thanks for coming out and supporting this past weekend! tell tyler happy birthday and ... congratulations on working towards landing the highly coveted home-owner distinction! bbq i'm totally down for! mmmm!

all anyone wanna take over the CATL-List? let me know and i'll forward you the list of email addresses. i done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gugg: Sorry I couldn't make the show over the weekend, I hope you and Garrin stole the show, I'm sure you guys rocked it out. Also, I'm willing to take over the emailing duties.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whew. One event down for June. So, now that I'm back from sunny Florida, it's time to sneak in a little art time with the pride of Atlanta.

I'll be out tonight at my usual time (no chance I'll be missing this one, as I've got nothing on my plate until tomorrow AM), so save me a seat and bring out some new work to have inspected. I'd like to see the progression that's taken place with my 1.5 month absence.

Also, I had a chance to peer through all of the new DnD 4th edition rulebooks yesterday (DM's guide, Player's guide, and Monster Manual)...Even if you don't scour the underworld of fantasy lands in your downtime, I highly recommend picking them up to see where WotC's head is at right now...

I let them go in favor of picking up a new collection of Elric stories, but will certainly be grabbing one of the three off the shelves tonight...

Monet: I second the congratz on the home ownership! Let us know if you need help moving in. We have some seasoned pros amongst the CATL regulars.

Fingerless: Glad to hear you've taken control of the list. I expect rich, graphical emails to inform me of all of CATL's terrific activities...

Barbar/Guggs: Hope the show last weekend was a blow out and that you guys have collected more than a few fans amongst ATL's art scene patrons. My schedule really degrades to a standstill come July, so any events between then and October should see some single-horned attendance...

All: Come out tonight! Fun! Excitement! Maybe an unexpected trip to Taco Mac for Patrón shots and post-apocalyptic zombie centaurs??? You'll only find out if you come along...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NoFingers: Looks like you'll have to remain custodian of the Spindle for one more week. The wife's schedule is encroaching on my plans to visit the group tonight. Remember to tuck it in at night and read it a story.

Anybody borrowing from the Spindle: Make sure to return anything you have out to Trevor tonight, if at all possible. Once I get that back, I'm going to be taking stock of everything I have, and see what else I can add.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    akabraille: It was nice meeting you. Welcome to the group. I hope to see you again

Gugg: If you could edit the first post to show the Thursday meet is temporarily on hold, I'd appreciate it.

All: Ben and I have decided to put the Thursday meeting on hold for a little while. We will start it up again once we can get more regular attendance from more people.

All: Next week, Taco Mac will be for sure post-meeting

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fingerless>>> post #1 edit = done and done. Once petroleum gets a little more reasonable and the thursday night sewing class is over i'll try and make it up that way a bit more.

akabraille>>> Great to meet ya finally! hope the commute home went flawlessly and that we'll see ya again soon!

King Unicorn-a-pa-LOL-on-acid-toyotapalooza >>> hey buddy, we've missed ya. glad to hear once things die down a little you'll be around a bit more!

cue: early 90s beat"Nasty, Nasty flip! ya make me feel so goooooooood!">>> Oh yeah, these syd mead pages look pretty good torn out and taped (non-archival, double-sided scotch shit) to my bedroom wall. HAND OVER THE RUBLES! damnit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, yes. Coming out to a Funwoody meeting is always so rejuvenating. Lots of interesting work happening around the table as usual (and plenty of banter to keep us all entertained and enlightened).

I've missed you guys being away with all this work-related/wedding-related/move-related madness. Now that I'm in the lull, I expect to take full advantage of the time before the waves of activity come crashing down again.

Thanks to those of you who volunteered time to help me move. The Glamazon and I are working to create a schedule that won't require anyone to commit more than an hour or two to help out. I'll pass around dates, times, and locations as we finalize the schedule. If you can come out, we'd appreciate the help.

Here's the link to some information regarding the book I'm reading and some shots of the interior illustrations. I'm really not happy with them. They lack a certain life to them (I'm certain if Alan Lee, Amano, Kaluta, Sweet, or even Adam Rex had illustrated in this guy's stead, there'd be a deeply penetrating, all-encompassing fantasy to the artwork). The fellow might as well have used his reference photographs in place of his graphite finals. There really wouldn't be any difference in my appreciation. Moorcock's writing is exceptional and enjoyable and the artwork just isn't of the same quality.

Linky...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All>> Thanks for the welcome, good to finally make it out to a meeting. I'll be working on my sketchbook more now so I'll have more stuff to show by next week. Anyway enjoy the rest of the week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Syd Mead now being back in my possession i can finally sleep at night.
    it was good to see everyone out tuesday.

Aka man it was nice of ya to show up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anybody else going to ladytron tonight?

yall>>> have a great weekend!

Members who have read this thread: 3