Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 106
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 106 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YAY! Kenneth will be back Friday!

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae where have you been all these long days!??!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if you guys haven't seen the LMS III round 2 post in finally finished, definitely check it out. go ben! go grack!

also: brenda, i just want this week to end... groan...

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grack :: I dig your LMS ||| Round 2 piece...I once helped a freind clean up his apartment to move out, and there was a pizza box under his bed. Well as you would figure, I openned it (...who wouldn't...I love a good mystery...) and it was chalk full of maggots. Yeah, that kind of outbreak is some scary shit. Worst part is he laughed because he knew they were there...imagine sleeping above maggots...nasty.

Apart from my ramblings::I dig it...
    Dre

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A lot. A bit. A little something different...
    My Sketchbook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlotAbitAlittle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If maggots are not creepy enough for you,

I left the mummified bodies of a litter of baby mice in some of my old furniture in my parent's house. As they do not open drawers or organize possessions, they have not discovered them.

Maybe I should go get them and put them in one of my cabinets.

If you've not heard the story of how I wound up with mummified baby mice, ask me in person. I don't want that sort of incriminating information in writing ya know.

Bookmaking demo schtuff on greasy tables on Sunday! Hooray!

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mummified mice? Maggoty pizza? Escaping a city infested with many-legged beasties? Ah, Sunday morning.

First, welcome back Special-K. That is, if he's truly arrived and this whole tale of his reconnection with Atlanta was not some elaborate ruse.

Second, even though I will be absent from the Cinquo de Sketcho festivities, I would like to remind all the little Catl-ites that drift through this thread to offer up some indication of whether or not they'll be attending the event. Ultimately, someone will have to handle the logistics of securing us space and making room for everyone. If you have the time to read this, you have the time to let us know if you'll be coming.

Lastly, we're ramping up for a long summer of conventions and showcase opportunities. And there are plenty of local events for those that are concerned about travel expenses and time off of work. I hope everyone has found one or two possibilities to explore.

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :;:Greasy Sunday majesty recon-veins!:;: (ewww, sorry, couldn't resist...)

Tooooooooooooonight, 7pm, majestic diner on ponce!

special (k) guests! bookbinding demo by monetdancesbooks! and the usual artastic week beginning splosions u have come to expectered, chile!

Be there! big table here we come

details forthcoming on CINQUO DE SKETCHO :: EL TRACE!
    TENTATIVE PLAN:
    5pm saturday, 3 may
    La Fonda Latina, ponce de leon

from there, we shall see.

king unikrong u will be missssssed!

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to be out of town on Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday, so I may or may not be in attendance of Cinco de Sketcho

Also: Photoshop Disasters blog

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm thinking that maybe we should have cinquo de sketcho :: el trace on Tuesday night instead of Saturday? a fingerandbouncerless, krangalong-dolling-hornless CATL sketch group might prove to be a little defenseless from the throngs of empty pages shuttering and flittering about in the air.

it's a crazy idea, but i think it will work better. thoughts thoughts thoughts?

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

i have between 2 and 3 (exact # to be determined later tonight) passes to see a screening of
    IRON MAN
    on Tuesday night. Deal being that we meet up at 5:45 at atlantic station, because there is going to be a line.

first come, first swerved. Let me know.

g

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cinquo de Move to Martes: If everyone's cool with the move from Saturday to Tuesday May 6th, I'm down. I'll be back in town on Monday afternoon, so that would rock for me.

Fingerless: Haha. Great find...

Iron Man: I hope someone signs on for the IM action with G-Gem. I know I won't be able to make it down to AC in time to join the group, so enjoy the show for me...

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sad: no takers?

okay i have one extra pass for the iron man screening tomorrow night. please lemme know, k? we'll head from atlantic station up to funwoody afterwards.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What if any plans are out there for the location of Cinco de Tres? I'm all up for a move to Tuesday if it means we'll have all the usual suspects (Kaiser Sose!! ).

I've another software release under my belt, and I'm planning to roll out to Tuesday night as a reward. Hope to see all there.

Now to go check out LMS...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggemmaneuver View Post
    okay i have one extra pass for the iron man screening tomorrow night. please lemme know, k? we'll head from atlantic station up to funwoody afterwards.
    I'd like to go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moving the CdeS to the following Tuesday the 6th is fine, but might I suggest a more central location, even if its just the La Fonda next to our Regular Fellinis, since driving down to Ponce is impractical for many of us.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

chewbacca didn't get a medal because

fingerless brings up a very good point. I say we set it at 7:30 pm, tuesday 6 may, at La Fonda on Roswell Road. ( 4427 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, 30342 - (404) 303-8201 ). Ponce for you north folks is out of the way.

hansel tape for you tonight, f

g

ps: iron man screening tix! I STILL HAVE TWO FREE TICKETS! you guys have my number so prolly calling or texting would be best. will be heading up to funwoody after the movie tonight, armed with repulsors and wearing stealth armor. coloring supplies LOOK OUT

g

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; April 29th, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, the day is shaping up nicely for making an appearance tonight at the Funwoody meeting. I'm especially interested to hear G-Gem's take on the latest Marvel franchise and to see what everyone's been working up.

Cinquo de Coming Soon: Certainly appreciate the flexibility to move it to a later day and to a new location. I've been purposely avoiding southwestern cuisine to take in the festivities to my fullest capacity.

Wesifex: I have things to return to you. Will keep them in the car and distribute post-meeting tonight...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll most likely be a wee bit late to the meet tonight, but I'll be there.

KU: Did I loan something to you? Well, there you ruined your chance at some free loot. For the life of me, I can't remember what that might be.

Cory/Adrienne: Speaking of getting things back to folks, I need to get Adrienne back her symbols book that's been gracing my coffee table for some time. I'm tying a string around my finger to remind me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well sh__. Scratch that. I'm AWOL tonight. #$%#%. We've company coming in for the weekend starting Thursday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wes: Haha - you'll just have to wait and see. You'll be missed tonight. But certainly make plans for next Tuesday. Cerveza to be sure...

All: Speaking of beers - isn't tonight Taco Mac Tuesday? It seems to have slipped off the radar. Oh, well. We'll convene at our usual location and if anyone is up for migrating once G-Gem arrives with his brood of steely nano-drones we'll secure ourselves a table...

See everyone tonight! [Edit: I spoke too soon, gang. I'll be at home working on a presentation. Will catch up with everyone soon.]

~KU

Last edited by KingUnicorn; April 29th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that zhanglu post in finally finished is really great

here's the black supremacists from Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey look i can finally access CA again....
    i dunno whats been going on with either comcast of the forum but i've had a hell of a time using this site.
    anyway, sorry i couldn't make it last night.
    As some of you know companies in the USA dont always work the way they are supposed to. Verso, being one of those companies, went bankrupt and in turn, I lost my job.

Good news everyone! I've programed the toaster to feel feelings....wait thats not it.....oh right! I now work from home!!!!! I do the same stuff I did at verso but from home for a better company!

Best part about this is I can paint, and work at the same time so be on the look out for more and more paintings in either the sketchbook or my web site.

WES :: whats the name of the program you are using to errr... program the web site? Dont worry too much about the book, considering i still have the CATL archive o' DVD tut's

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ben: Intriguing video. I couldn't help but notice the fingernails...I wonder of their significance...

Zhanglu's work, as many have commented, is terrific. The brush management seems spot on. He has a small number of additional paintings on DA that weren't featured here. I'll be interested to see what he comes up with for his video presentation. Might have to add that to the collection here.

Nasty: 'Grats again on how things worked out on the job front. I hope the change gives you the opportunity to put more work out there.

All: I'm still a bit bummed about missing last night, but things aren't entirely solidified yet with my schedule. If I can weather the weddings, move, and settling in that all want to happen over the next two months, I shouldn't have to duck and dodge to make it out to the meetings.

I've cleared everything away from CdS next week. I'll buy a cerveza for anyone in a sombrero...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    challenge excepted!
    now does mean for every hat worn another cerveza must be bought for said hat wearer? 'cause i have many a sombrero

also as a side note, more like side question for everyone;
    is anyone else having problems with the notification function, ie. not getting them as an email?

both my sketchbook and this thread should be appearing daily but alas they are not. Any thoughts?

..ill be here all day finishing up that squid piece.

"i've always heard it pronounced 'Kraeken" with a long aaaaaa"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    flipnasty>>> Subscriptions are F*****, and apparently it's a complicated fix??? and it's a longstanding issue around here...

CINQUO de SKETCHO
    ::: EL TRACE / THE THIRD :::
    THIS TUESDAY, 6 MAY 2008!!!

7:30 pm; La Fonda on Roswell Road; ( 4427 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, 30342 - (404) 303-8201 )

look for the yellow-light sombreros breaming with reflected light hot salsa

woo hoo!

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To clarify: You must be wearing an AUTHENTIC SOMBRERO (preferably imported from Mexico) to be eligible for the cerveza.

If you show up and try to claim that your hat of other origin is a "sombrero" because that's simply the Spanish word for "any hat with a brim," you owe me a cerveza...

One cerveza to attendee (no matter how many hats you choose to adorn your head with)...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... what's a cerveza?

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its spanish for beer

KU:......damn, and here i thought i was clever.....

GuGgS: thanks for the clarification on the issue. Also, I am enjoying the CDS'O plug in your signature

I am doing this right now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can tell it's been a long week when you stop the work day, look at what you've spent the last four days painting, and decide to paint over everything.

Sound the horns, folks - we're adding a few more days to the production schedule...

Hope everyone has something productive to work on this weekend!

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    vhy, gsm cru>>> apologies to all ye for having to call everything off this weekend... saturday night and sunday were spent in an unpleasant deathly feverish haze. And in the midst of my sleeping / sweating / shivering the only thing i kept nightmaring about was my in progress Bioshock game. A few first aid kits, maybe a telekinesis plasmid (*brings cough syrup bobbing in the air to bed from bathroom*) and i would have been popping and locking famously. the fever broken at this point however, so that's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by kanalog dollunicorn
    You can tell it's been a long week when you stop the work day, look at what you've spent the last four days painting, and decide to paint over everything.
    ku>>> we hear this from you a good bit, but ... we don't really get to see what you're working on. i mean, it's understandable to be perfectionist, but everything i've seen from you has blown me away, even things that you consider to be problematic or needing redo. you should honestly show us more of the fruits of king unicorn's art-hanging orchards, dernit! get some outside feedback. I will also levy the opinion that you're way too hard on yourself, but i have that same tendency so i'm not really one to talk. anyways, i hope things are going better since the agonizing and frustrating do-overs. For me that's got to be one of the most difficult things to go through.

thas it 4 nows.

g

Members who have read this thread: 3