Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 103
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 103 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3690

Thread: Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also to add to the CHOW, I have a bunch of books on pirates with soem great reference in it if you need to borrow anything

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flip: Thanks, but no refs necessary. I found a movie costuming site with a bunch of shots from Brotherhood of the Wolf (a K.U. favorite, I think) that have plenty of period coats and such, though I'm going a bit oriental in flavor for the pirate. Still time to throw your hat in on #111...

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wesifex: I see you came prepared. There's nothing quite like being called out and then revealing something strong and competitive. The Imperial Chinese influence is very apparent. I get a Johnny Quest vibe from the kid...

BotW remains in heavy rotation at The Terrorplex. Vincent Cassel is one of my favorite actors. Monica Bellucci is...well...Monica Bellucci...And Christophe Gans reminds us why the French make such terrific films...I also have a hangup with 18th Century anything, so it tickled my inner time traveler...

Nasty: I dare say you've shot yourself in the foot with this one. I think the gauntlet is at your feet. Lay on, Macduff, and damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'

All: Second attempt at new work begins today. Terrible missteps from yesterday. Punched myself right in the gut, it did. Once more into the breach...

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  banner2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  45.5 KB
    Greasy Sunday Majesty
    reconveniently reconvenes
    this sunday night, 30 March
    2008, 8pm majestic diner
    ponce de leon midtown at-hell

art week weekend life music ace dj art bacon revue
    and fiendish sketching atrocity exhibition galooores-ish.

and they milkshakes. they milkshakes r tAsty.

gg

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just checking in to see how Grackula's opening night kicked off. I'm certain it was filled with the usual explosion of color and detail that remain the hallmarks of her work...

Tribal Carnivale was packed. Lots of fierce dancing, sword swinging, and flames leaping from the stage. Between alternating performances and twirling coin skirts, Monet rocked the latest volume in her ongoing series of handcrafted sketchbooks and Nasty and I worked in a primitive/shaman/spirit guide/warrior of the carcass people sketchjam...No matter where you were, Saturday night was a good night...

GSM: Oh, I'm going to have to miss tonight's round of milkshakes topped with graphite shavings. Next week to be certain. Next weekend is already shaping up to be a storm of creativity and wonder. Expect good things.

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kim's art opening was a well-attended, mega-entertaining, and awe-inspiring endeavour. Her latest piece is a flavourful, compositionally-focussed traditional media drawing featuring a myriad variety of delightful elements. in the non-feigenbaum franchise, there was good music, narwhale autumn-ritualistic impalings, candles that jay kept putting out with his whole... gravity thing, and lots of great album art to gawk at. Kim's drawing skills and design sense are truly some of the most stellar among any i've ever witnessed. AND... a grand new revolution in palindrome territory was fought and won.

A mere help, ping pong. No PG nipple here, ma.

Would have been cool to do both beep beep and red light cafe, but... i'm not particularly game for, in my entrance to the red light cafe, mid-performance, with art supplies galore, i end up taking part unwittingly in some improvised but necessarily interpretive modern dance performance in my intrusion. Trevor's part in the improvised performance involves inhaling acrylic gel medium, directly from the bottle. Watch out for the strap of catl and other pins. May cause lacerations.

In summation art battles were won; Kim's show is up until late april, definitely go by and check it out for a healthy dose of inspiration. Art battles were and lost; i glued in a halftone pattern of sorts... only to ruin it with my glue expirements a few moments later. personally, my studies can be maddeningly imperfect and off-kilter. At least i didn't inhale any gel medium. there's much work to be done and little time to do it in.

I'm glad to hear that you guys had the proverbial "Real Cool Time."

gREASY sUNDAY mAJESTY tONIGHT aT 9pm

call me for more information as needed, you guys have my numbs

guggemmaneuver

8. The Following User Says Thank You to guggemmaneuver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whew. CHOW entered. First one I've entered in ages. Unfortunately I ran out of time, and couldn't render out the other two characters. Ah, well. Maybe next time.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hell yeah wes! great job!

apparently we need to be giving you guff more often about these challenges!

very solid design and delightful rendering!

HEAVY-HANDED, PELVIS-SHATTERING ASSPATS GALORE!

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, gugg. Yes, it's true, peer pressure has an amplified effect on me, especially when I've not rendered something out fully for several months.

Now, let's see if flipnasty's going to surprise us by dropping anything in the Final Burning thread there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Artifex33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artifex33!
    I hear your taunts, but did you actually think i could start and finish in one day?
    WAMMY!

Heres Smythe and the following was the work page....I was planning on the two

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh hell yeah Atifex33 I made the poll....just barely though
    first one to the finish?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude! Very nice! Two CATL in the poll! Sweet! Love those wooden swords. Reminds me a lot of the old Spielberg "Hook" movie.

Edit: Looks like there's something up with the poll. Some people's images got excluded, and the intro text image got included in the poll, causing me to screw up a vote for the flipnasty-special. I've PM'ed the admin about it. Chate Noire's picture is really excellent, and for some reason didn't get into the poll, so I'm suspecting something got majorly screwed.

Last edited by Artifex33; April 1st, 2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Weird...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Artifex33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah man i was really confused when i didnt see noir's up.
    well lets hope it gets fixed soon. I wouldnt want my victory stunted by a technical error

just playing around broddy ... but yeah i hope they fix it
    dre had a hard time voting too....thats two votes now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh yeah! with what the King of all the Unicorns said up a few posts back, the Sketch Jam he is refereing too is posted in my sketchbook if anyone wants to take a look, or just click the link ....any of discrepancies with in anatomy or over all line quality i raise my hand to that, I was drinking....and there was awesomeness on the stage with swords, whohas, and shinny stuff that made an enticing noise.... jingle jingle......yeeaaaaaaahhhh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, well, well...Glad to see that the gauntlet was not just cast, but also retrieved. Should be interesting to see how this one shakes down. Of course, it's up to the tireless throng of CA fans to determine a winner here. Looking at the competition (and, oh my, wasn't there some distilling of competitors) things could be very close.

Congratulations to both of you for braving deadlines, personal challenges, and time away from family and friends to complete your entries. Now, we wish you good luck.

Nasty: It certainly is startling to see the sketchjam freed from the red glow of stage lamps and the flickering of tea lights. Of course, everything has a different face in the daylight (or displayed in the liquid crystals of my monitor)...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I encourage everyone in catl to vote in the CHOW 111

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i've decided to take up interpretive dance and quit art forever. i'm sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by guggemmaneuver View Post
    i've decided to take up interpretive dance and quit art forever. i'm sorry.
    Do you know how long I've waited for this moment? Gawd - I feel like I can finally breathe again. Now we can organize our danse troupe...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    say it aint so guggs say it aint soooooooooooooo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man, Guggz is seeing who he can catch napping on April Fools, methinks. Not I! Nay, sir!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33 View Post
    Oh man, Guggz is seeing who he can catch napping on April Fools, methinks.
    It seems to be spreading:

I always knew Beaker was holding out on us...

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

wes... right and right sir. hehe

All>>>
    Let's talk saturday night: DCept is gonna be in town and we were talking a little bit ago about mentioned getting together at some kinda pub and puttin down the art. I would like to email the list today to solicit for broader participation, get some of our more fringe members in the fray, more merriment art crunk galavanting. I'm moving all night friday and saturday, so by then i'ma be ready for a bit of relaxation.

what i'm thinking:
    when: 8 pm
    where: (please make suggestions) 6 feet under westside? Park Tavern? Manuel's? Front Page News midtown?
    What: DRAWING and merriment

ideas?

p.s... if this is their promotion flier; i'm glad i wasn't chosen...
    Name:  ZodiacFinal.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  353.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TheZodiacKiller: You know, for a show that supposedly melds art and writing, this seems awfully one-sided...I'm saddened only because there have been zero communications/announcements related to my aspect of participation with this. It's even absent from the final promotion...

And what am I rewarded with for my patient waiting? Outer Glow's default setting in PS. Bah! Humbug!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT! I like 6-Feet Under...Good drinks. Good foods. With the weather turning warmer, we could rock the topside on the deck...

Of course, Manuel's has the lovely Henry VIII table just inside the main dining area we could rock (and brave the usual bachelorette madness that seems to draw us in...)

I've not been to the others (yet), but I trust G-Gem's recommendations for accommodating a large krewe of hungry, sketchbook-bearing scallywags...

All: Missed everyone last night. Was prepping for new daytime activities to support nighttime activities. Will have new things to reveal shortly.

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    6FU it is. Okay. So besides the jolly impaling king unicorn, myself, and our norwegian guest(s?), who else is down for saturday's festivities? I know fingerless is a little on the fence w/ an out of town trip friday - saturday... Please chime in!

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll likely be doing taxes this weekend, so saturday will find me at the bottom of a bottle, or at the bottom of a case of bottles, depending on how badly the IRS wants to punish me for going to work, though I might find myself some time that evening.

What time are we talking about at 6 feet under? Link?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys, I'm spoken for this Saturday. I'm gonna plan to make it out this Thurs, though. BUT......The hands of fate have dealt us a stinging slap to the face. We finally have another car and our old one decides to crap out. Until we get it fixed, I'm back to my old immobilized shut-in type self.

@the zodiac flier: Someone must have been high on ass fuel to let that ever see the light of day.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "...in praise of the 12 signs of the Goddess"

The GODDESS??
    You gotta be kidding me!

How come any thing remotely old and spiritual has to be attributed to the Goddess? Bah! If the Zodiac were some new age goddess construct, you'd have signs like The Butterfly and The Crystal Rainbow Waterfall. Zodiac is hardcore, Rams and Lions and shit, don't be messin it up with new age Goddessness!

I have a confession to make.
    I only joined CATL to recruit all your women into the world of bellydancing.
    And to eliminate from their minds any suggestion that it might be a Goddess related dance. Because its not. Damnit.

If I were a goddess, I'd be heartily insulted by all these unfounded attributions.

This weekend:
    I'm game for Friday or Saturday. Prefer Friday but will do Saturday too. Manuel's is easy and close for me, but I will truck it as well. Agreeability is sometimes counterproductive, but there you have it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

le planne

six feet under, WESTSIDE location - 11th Street

i'll type something up and send it out to the list asap. on a side note, big thanks for chiming off. wes: website = above link. location of Cinco de Sketcho El Dos. might be good to bring a coat since we'll be in the elements up top. i think there will still be light up there, and the view of the city is pretty awesome. don't valet park your car. parallel park on 11th st. just west of the restaurant.

edit: sent to tha CATL-List:
    Moooooo Hooooo

This Saturday, 5 april 2008 at 8PM we will be gathering at Six Feet Under in West Midtown Atlanta (at the 11th Street location, NOT memorial drive) for drinks, drawing, watercolor painting, squid tacos, high gravity beverages, chips, libations, et al. There will be special one-time only guest(s?), fresh from the Photoshop World Orlando conference -- From Norway, too. The upstairs deck is where we'll tentatively get together, arranging tables together as our ranks grow and drawying up a storm as light and time permits. This location offers a great view of the city. Should it be too dark or if the weather is inclement, we can adjust plans as needed. Note that it might be a good idea to bring a light coat as it might get a little chilly. And because of wind and space restrictions, this isn't going to be the venue to sketch in your 24 x 36" newsprint pad ... You deserve better than newsprint anyway, chump. Some of you will remember the UNSANE fun we had at the last Cinco De Sketcho ::: El Dos... yes, it is the same venue. A "Yay" or "Nay" on the CATL sketch group discussion thread would be appreciated since restaurant seating is ... ummmm ... finite. yeah

From personal experience, i'd recommend against their valet parking service because it's free to parallel park on the right side of the road heading west on 11th street, before you get to howell mill road. A short walk past the really cool junkyard and you're there.

E-mail me (by tomorrow) for more information, but please note that i'm moving this weekend and might have to return your call once i set down the refrigerator.

SINE~cerebrally,

gug

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; April 2nd, 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grackula: What they don't tell you is that the "Hands of Fate" are actually made of steel and hate...Sour news on the car front. Hope the situation is quickly mended and without digging too deeply into your bank account...

Monet: Oh, we've known your devious machinations all along...And agreed on the Goddess front...She (and not to mention her imitators) is given quite a bit of credit for things that don't belong in her realm...That's the beauty of the New Age industry...

G-Gem/All: Saturday "is on like Donkey Kong" (quoting from some random bit of television programming I caught too early this morning). Since The Glamazon is making arrangements to catch up with friends this weekend, I'll be making a solo appearance.

Thanks to Guggs for the usual wordsmithing/group communications.

~KU

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    someone calm monet down, then get her some wine on me. seriously, anyone who wants to recruit my gf so she can learn how to belly dance is winning in my book.(its a good book, big, wioth lots of pictures and maps of where to find treasure and rum, with wax seals and so on)

Sat....sure what the hell im down. Ill check with Dre to see if shes up farrrr it.
    I love copic markers....just sayin

fun times Tuesday night. If anyone here hasnt seen some of the fingerless mans recent paintings, get off your ass. Great color theory man

I love portable watercolors too and watercolor moleskin notes books.

and boobs, who the hell doesnt like whohas.

I proposed this idea at the Tuesday meeting, just wondering if anyone is up for another challenge;

there are these drawing pads, 9 x 33ish, pretty much like a long rectangle. anyway way they are perfect farrr drawing multiple characters on one page.
    I was wondering if we could come up with 25 categories(or how ever many pages there are in the pad of paper) and jam out those ideas. that would give everyone 25 pages of multiple characters in 25 different genres.

thoughts?

Hey Wes! even if this idea doesnt fall through with everyone, Me thinks it be fitting to challenge you on this....think about it eh? a bottle of Gin, an interesting new size of paper, 25 ideas with limitless possiblities of characters. what have ya got to lose eh?

Members who have read this thread: 3