Atlanta /// CATL Sketch Group - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wel, too bad to hear that Joel and Steiner. So I guess that we need a pre-zoo meeting next week, practice I suppose before the big day, cuz that would be sweet. Any day, anywhere, any time is good for me....hooray for school break.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I should be good for something next week. There's a couple of coffee shops along Mansell Road here in Roswell: Starbucks @ Mansell/Alpharetta Hwy. and Caribou Coffee within expectorating distance of the walmart on Mansell. Both of them have pretty good seating arrangements, particularly the starbucks, which has well-shaded outdoor seating.

I'm up for anywhere else, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok... quick thoughts: I really hope I'm not the only one who has an idea of who's who here on CA, but can't connect 'em for the life of me to people in person... 'xept gugg and hhh... ahhh ~sigh~ not to mention my lack of ability to be at junk we do has mixed rather happily with my lack of ability to remember names and therefore I don't even have 'em down straight just in person! Hopefully that can be remedied sometime... (soon?)

Anyway, I would love to chill with whoever whenever... depending on availability...

And when was the zoo-ordeal again?... I'm a bad planner... but I most definitely-hopefully-likely will make it.

On that note... I've been lazy and still haven't put up my sketches from the mini-catl-group deal... so... I'll do that... sometime...soon. Though... Kenneth still hasn't realized that he has some of my sketched stuff and should put that up for me. =P

Btw, Artifex, you go to that starbucks often??? I go there on my lunch break every good while to get in a few short minutes of sketchin' and jazz... the one at the corner of mansell and alpharetta hwy? it's like 5-7 mins from my office so yeh...

~

~chasing whims is not always a waste of time~

sketchjunk thread give me a MOO!!!–CATLsketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae: Zoo day is the 24th...not too far away, but far enough that a CATL Call between now and then would be welcomed with open arms and much foaming from certain members (you know who you are)...

All: I'm pretty centrally located, so I can hit anywhere between Alpharetta, Roswell, Dunwoody. The Starbuckrogers is good for me.

Now, what day is best for everyone?

Last edited by AnalogDoll; June 15th, 2006 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

FAE: the regulars here were all in attendance at CINQUO DU SKETCHO, save our new members who've expressed interst

ALL + AD: Tuesday night??? I am in fact on call so getting together at maybe 8 p or so at the aforementioned B&N would be awesome.

I'll be freshly invigorated from catchin' SONIC M' F'ING YOUTH on MONDAY NIGHT!~!!!!

KILL YOUR IDOLS!
    AS;KLDFJNASLFNALSKDJFBASLKJDF!

J

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae: I stop there occasionally on my way to and from my house in crabapple, but the days where I'm drawing instead of eating lunch, I'm usually at the starbucks next to the barnes&noble, and next door to the AMC 14 on Northpoint Pkwy. It's about a mile or so from the one you're talking about along Mansell. It'd be cool to run into another CATL member on lunch break! Talk about getting your art fix...

Gug: to clarify, the Starbucks I first mentioned was at Mansell and Alpharetta Hwy. That'd be the best one for late-day meets, as they have tons of shaded seating that'll keep us from sweating in our lattes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahh art dorks and junk... sitting there mulling over the essence of art and the aesthetics of beauty while sipping the caffeinated beverages of our high-class taste...

now tell me, artifex–have I met you?
    I swear, people need to give me a hand here and fill me in on who they are...feel free to pm me with photos, usernames, and matching names...

Gugg... are you gonna be at the zoo, or did I somehow misread something somewhere that you... aren't making it? =(

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fae
    ...now tell me, artifex–have I met you?
    I swear, people need to give me a hand here and fill me in on who they are...feel free to pm me with photos, usernames, and matching names...
    Yes. I was the one who originally came up with the meeting place for Cinco-de-sketcho at Don Pablo's. It was my first meet with you guys, if that helps jog your memory.

Actually, when we get together at the zoo, I'm going to bring my digi-cam to take a picture of the whole group, and I'll label everybody's names. I've had trouble remembering most folks, too. :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a'right... that doesn't really help hahaha... that time at cinvo-de-sketcho, i met about 5 new people hahaha... woooo =(

on a side note, last night I went to the parental's house to claim my tablet... and had to end up skipping out on bowling with friends because this loser right here was too busy loving on my tablet and spending some quality digital time which has not happened in a good blasted while...

on that note. expect a new piece of crap in my sketchthread (which needs to be loved on more too... and would be, (will be), now that tablet and I are re-united... somethin' about sketchin digitally- you don't have to scan or take photos hahaha i'm lazy...)

I try to make myself quite memorable... and most people don't have toooooo much trouble being like, "ahh... yeh... i remember youuu.... =O..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ain't that a blip!

I've got my bags packed, 3 seconds away from buyin da plane ticket and I get a call. The new gig starts a week later as opposed to this upcoming Monday. I was miffed for all of 1 minute but that means I can milk 1 extra paycheck outta my job here (Khol's is so desperate and I'm just plain greedy) and I can get a chance to say a proper goodbye to you all if there's a sketch meeting.

Man...is the 24th next weekend? Gotta check my calendar...wish I could make the zoo trip. I was the main one screamin' "let's go to the zoo" and I can't go my damn self. Hot shame y'all...hot shame.

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae: It's always easier to remember the grrls than the boys...Especially since our male-to-female ratio is a bit one-sided at the moment...We'll have to have a round of reintroductions...

Chauncey! Well, if we've got Storyboard Master C around for another week, we ought to shift venues to give the man a proper send off...

Anyone up for a "Going Away Dinner" on Tuesday night around 8 (as the Guggs is on call)? We can grab some food around Mansell and then convene to another location or bid fond farewells or (insert suggestion here)...

-AboriginalDance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FAE--> i'm still going to the zoo, no worries sorry... Tablet eH??? fricking awesome... give us some speedpaints!

Heck yeah Fantastic news chauncey! know you're probably a little bummed at the prospect of having to wait another week, but it really works out because we get to hang out with you at least one more time.

Tuesday night 8 ish @ alpharetta starbucks, be there or be square! since there are a few days i'll go ahead and drop an email to the group now...

Artifex--> good idea about the camera on CATL zooday! --> i've actually thought about this a couple of times but my own digital camera situation is less than ideal unfortunately. If someone can hook me up with a group picture i can provide names and usernames in legend / design.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooo ooo i carry my digicam with me EVERYWHERE... in fact, I actually have pics from our cinquo de sketcho night... =O... i should um... upload those and share the joy, shouldn't i? =X

TUES!!! =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fae: If you have any pics of me, make sure to detroy them, or else once I die, my spirit will roam the Earth for eternity in an undying search for all evidence of my existence......just make sure I am not in any of the pics you upload, cuz I hate that kind of thing......thank you

So, Zoo trip next Saturday, and a mini meet tuesday night.....sweeeeet.

Thank you for coming down Fae....Tammy right?, we are in dire need of a purdy lady to break up the sausage fest.

Good luck to you Chauncey in your move to Cali.....I did the reverse (cali to GA) three years ago, so I know how difficult and stressful it is.

I hope you guys don't mind me bringing my friend along, cuz he is staying with me for a week.....I guess he will try to draw or something.

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool! Cool! Cool!

FAE--> hehehe awesome! If you aren't going to hijack him for tuesday night, you should tell Buddy hello for me; was Cool to meet him last month!

ALL--> To clarify about the location, as wes-master-fex mentioned a little earlier, the starbucks is the one we met at the other week and is integrated into a barnes and noble store. We might have to kick some mothers out to get us a nice chill inside table out of the humidity and heat. Yes, i am in fact on call... but should be getting out of work around 7 or so and i'll be coming straight there. Will keep you posted by telephone k?

and why do you guys keep me from making every other post? watch it, that's all i'm saying.

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha nofingers no prob about the photos... except... i'll have to figure out who exactly you are =( ... (obviously you got it down much better than i... at least you have my username matched up right with my name)

as to providing a little bit of estrogen to the mix... i can do that as best as I can... however, the 'purdy' part seems like it'll still be lacking and needing some fillage, so yeeeeah =P. Although, I have to say... if there's anything I love about being in the art sector of jobs/careers... I love that it's mainly testosterone driven... it saves so much petty crap... much nicer to work with, i swear =) so... take that for what it is...

can't wait for tues =D yippeee... i miss drawing with all you peeps! it seems like cinquo de sketcho was ever so long ago...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For those of you who haven't been there before, here's the one Gagginmanhandler is referring to:

Barnes & Noble Starbucks___

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe fae this guy (bottom center and in profile) is the sinister, sinister EARTHBOUND weilding NOFINGERS TREVaaaaah...

maybe this isn't so helpful after all...

:-/ tl
    j

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 16th, 2006 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh HIIIM... =O...

Maaaan.... ya sure that ain't no photooo??? Cause that looks like a perfect replica of him i'm suuuuuuuuree =P (to be confirmed tues@8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gugg & Fae: Yeah, what's really freaky about Trevor in person is the way those five heads attach to his torso. I think even the Germans, with their knives and preservatives would have trouble topping what Trevor's genetics accomplished with no help whatsoever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know right??? he's got like disembodied heads floating in space with smiling girls and shit. that's why he drives the big truck. I guess surgery just wasn't an option.

ok seriously... i'm going to have to duck out of our CATL threads for a sec i got some impotent work to do

j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha slaaaackerrrr!!! get yo' butt to work!!! ahh... wonderful slow days at the offiiiice... lucky me... happens to be the day i brought my tableeeet =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You guys are silly. I usually only rock the two heads (awkward blonde huy with creased forehead + yappy russian teen girl), but when faced with the challenge of conversing with multiple sketch fiends, I am forced to use back up craniums. Let my superior race, the Eartboundinites, rule over the puny, one headed humans.

Besides, my hair is a wee bit shorter than in that photostatic replica....so it may be quite difficult to pick me out of a crowd of Hitler youth.....me being tall, blonde and blue eyed ya know......

Be thankful that I have passed on the awesome foreskin joke I thought of....

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nofingers: Yeah, I'll say you "passed on" the foreskin joke. Passed it on to my sketchjam tree drawing at gug's place some time ago.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifex33
    nofingers: Yeah, I'll say you "passed on" the foreskin joke. Passed it on to my sketchjam tree drawing at gug's place some time ago.
    HAHA....you have made my day

My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha yes daaaaddyyyyy, we'll behave! =O

(zooage and foodage... sounds like a great day!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's the message i just sent ya:
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    hey! hey!
    we got...
    TWO, count 'em, TWO(!) CATL SKETCHGROUP MEETINGS NEXT WEEK!

caps lock---> OFF!

I apologize for the short notice
    before the following mini-CATL-sketchgroup-------------------------
    meeting up tuesday night:

Our dear CATL Sketchgroup brethren Chauncey ("Seansea" on
    conceptart.org) is leaving us for greener more artistic pastures in
    California and we will be convening at the Alpharetta Starbucks +
    Barnes & Noble on North Point Parkway this tuesday to celebrate with
    him / mourn the loss and get our last Chauncey fix. :-( He's been at
    most all of our meetings and has really upped the ante with regards to
    the quality of sketches done. His stuff from the CATL Bodies trip was
    just plain brilliant. What's more, he's suffered through my lack of
    directional sense while riding in my car too. True story. Here's a
    link to the starbucks / barnes & noble location:
    http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...%2520States___
    Tentative plan now is to meet at 8 on Tuesday night for sketching
    tomfoolery. Join the discussion thread below and chime in to discuss
    the proceedings!

oh and you know i won't let you forget about the coolest,
    mostest funnest CATL sketchgroup meeting yet-->

C A T L Z O O T R I P !
    SATURDAY! JUNE 24--------------------------------------------
    BE THERE!

Meet at Atlanta Zoo at 9:00, we'll go in together, hang out all day
    ... have a nice brown bag lunch together and bust out some serious,
    sinster and maybe even cute animals. Looks like this event is going
    to be very well attended with maybe 12 - 16 folks rolling in for the
    drawing festivities! I will be compiling a final list of attendees
    within the next few days, so shoot me an email if you haven't already
    to let me know whether you'll be attending. More info coming soon.
    drop into the discussion thread (the first link below) and discuss!

+++

Want to discuss the next meeting, or get together a smaller group to
    hang out and draw on shorter notice??? Subscribe to the thread or just
    drop a line at the most official "CATL sketchgroup discussion thread™"
    on the entire internet:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53365

Don't forget to post all your purdy drawings on the Official CATL
    fridge sketchbook thread, it's looking better and better up in there:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...476#post761476

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; June 16th, 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay--- wait... anyone from near or around marietta wanna take a lil' dip in a pool of the auto-type and... drive down together??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oops... not "THIS SATURDAY:-->" NEXT SATURDAY THE 24TH!

sorry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Amped 4 Tuesday!

Thank you all in advance for tha love (dabbing away tears). Missing CATL meetings will have some pychological scars. I'm gonna miss ya'll! Although I know I'm pushin' it, I'm gonna try to make the zoo trip. As long as I don't get screwed over by the guys I'm selling one of my kidneys to, I should make it...just to be safe their gonna have to pay me via PayPal in advance before they get to cuttin'.

Love y'all

seansea

old sketchbook... new sketchbook...under construction

Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3