Sketchbook: Interceptor's House of Bacon --- August 21st UPDATE. Eklispe Duo WIP --- - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Interceptor's House of Bacon --- August 21st UPDATE. Eklispe Duo WIP ---

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude nice haircut. ;p

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    slapped some colors on this one...

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good intercepter. i like how you rendered the skull.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha ! I unmasked you ! You're really "capitaine Jean-Luc Picard" (pronounced with a strong frrrrench accent) !!! Come on Inty, remove your hairs, now ! Well, apologies for that joke, I simply can't resist ! I really dig your line work, it's better page after page ! And the colored SP is fine, I really want see some colored piece like that from time to time ! Keep posting the good stuff, Interceptor (and good luck for the thunderdome challenge !).
    Cheers !
    Julien ALDAY

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work on the coloring of the SP. The hatching came out nicely on the last one, you Trekky you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha!! your such a dork!! a Trekky dork, lol!

Your eyes are too short the opposite problem from Danomite. The eyes in proportion are one eyeball length inbetween the eyes. Also your nose is too short, pull down the whole nose mouth and chin. Just remember this for next time.
    Try to draw more realistic when doing your heads. Observe your face. You have a certain style right now, but you need to learn how to draw from life, learning how people are composed, and things are made so you have a better understanding. Right now is the time for learning and studying, and later when you have got a good handle on all the basics and life drawing you can really bring your style to life. Of course I know you are always going to draw the way you do just naturally, but it will help to draw more from life and to REALLY look and understand.

you want me to kick you ass, so i'm doing just that,

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The light source here is not established, as bumskee pointed out to me on msn... and there are some other screwy things, like.. I don't have a clue how to approach hair.. especially from lineart.. but... I wanted to do some coloring to relax today...

And this

Last edited by Interceptor; December 8th, 2005 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe i love that last sketchbook page. It screems fun!, or maybe monkeys :p, The ghosts are great!

Keep it up, beautiful linework.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last one is nice, dude (they all are). Maybe add some fat strokes when doing hair will give it a bit more volume and depth. Your lines are looking sweet! Keep it up and remember to freak out ones in a while Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would watch your hotspots. They seem a little forced on that last one and It looks like it was already brought to your attentions. The skin tone looks nice but some more work on tonal range could help. but the color does accentuate the drawing nicely.

Keep it up man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like that last sketch man, great expression. One crit on the coloring of the girl, instead of white, maybe use a lighter value of brown, white almost makes her look shiney.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks guys!!
    I'll be sure to start posting some more stuff with color up, seeing as how you're all being a HUGE help with everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hate doing fanart.. but I was watching advent children and wanted to redesign yuffie..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work man! IT's nice to see you posting again! The pupils look a little big, maybe she hit up a rail? Or lack of light source. MAn sketch looks nice as well.. Keep on posting... You gotta do a bunch of selfportraits..... slacker

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Interceptor !
    Don't remember exactly who's Yuffie... Is it a character fromm FF7 (what a game ! You gimme nostalgia !) ? Anyway, good stuff ! But I wanna see you posting some achieved pieces-even if it's character design or fan-art. You know, with clear ink lines (and we know all how good you are in that area !), several stances of a same character and colors. It's just a suggest but I'm very curious to see it from you, man !
    Cheers, Inty and merry X-mass !
    Julien.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man the hatching is really adding a lot to your work. On that last one there seems to be a problem with the placement of her eyes and the one on our left looks bigger than the other. her jaw line has some problems too and looks like it's slanting a bit to far to our right. Good work though I'm still loving it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bengonzalez
    Hey man the hatching is really adding a lot to your work. On that last one there seems to be a problem with the placement of her eyes and the one on our left looks bigger than the other. her jaw line has some problems too and looks like it's slanting a bit to far to our right. Good work though I'm still loving it.
    on the eye note. it looks to me like the rest of the head is tilting to the right a touch, but leaving the eyes behind

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really like this one. My only crit is her wrist, i think its angled a little wrong. Kinda looks like she has a lump or something, i still like the sketch though!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nicely done man, It's missing tonal range on the shirt and if it fits like a cat suit maybe carry the tone down into the pants. but if you intended to me more of a jacket it needs some definition of details around the front of the figure to make it a jacket. Nice wings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, your work was already really nice but it's cool to see it develop even more so as time as passed on. Really, really nice updates! The last two or so are top notch. I see a lot of Joe Mad/J Scott Campbell/Anime influence in your work. I'd like to see you branch out a bit more away from that style. Really push and pull yourself into some different areas. Great, great stuff tho, man. I'll be watching from now on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks alot zebs! And you're dead-on about the influences.. I've been trying hard lately.. drawing from life and such, though I don't post it. It's hard to break old habits!!

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Interceptor. Very beautiful and fresh manner to draw you have. And your progress is huge. Figures look flexible, proportions are much better, in my opinion, Lines, oh, lines were always very pleasant to look, from the beginning. And you vary their length and thickness, that's great. adds a lot to interest. I like your coloring too, and i got some needed me information from it, how to avoid to overuse grey/black in shading. You are using it wisely. I like the feet and hands you drew, they are very beautiful, they more than studies, I would frame them.

A little note: as I was said many times, hands are of the same length as a face. Yours are slightly bigger. I do the opposite mistake .

My favorites:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...y941/hands.jpg ( lines are awesome)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ov27colors.jpg ( I love everything on this page, foot , well big toe should be bigger and at some angle, I think, but nevertheless, great volume for the one liner, skull is awesome, even if it's copy, it's great. Your portrait is wonderful, it's like you standing in front me, a great expression, so vivid and engaging, I thinks it's something special, it's fun to observe too! I like it as sketch very much too, but you saved it with colors.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rico05copy.jpg I like the character, outfit all details, Just think the hands are too big

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...41/chow008.jpg Hands are beautifully executed, I like her pose and gesture. The figure has nice feeling of weight, i think.

The last drawing, Oh, it's awesome. I love it. So intriguing! The face, the pose, lines, expression of her face, sinister atmosphere, composition, strange hints, all of this really choked my in a good way. Great piece. May I take it? I love it very much.

So thank you very much
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; December 19th, 2005 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sve, i commented in youe sketchbook. your comment to me was very inspiring, thank you

I'm trying to work up way over to drawing tough guys as well as cute girls... here is the middle transition.. i took a photoref of myself... and was watching my DVD I made of CA artists (I use it as my TV's screensaver). Marko's stuff was obviously on..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice love your work keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think it's time that you get upgraded to some stars for this thread. great bacon, interceptor! great bacon.
    cheers!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your style. Though to me it feels more like you were influenced by Humberto Ramos & Joe Madureira. I can really see improvement as the posts go on. The last couple are especially nice.

p.s. I like your shadow of the colossus sketch. Didn't that horse drive you nuts on the big "turtle"-boss with the guysers?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you crow. and yes, the turtle boss drove me nuts. not as much as the last boss, though cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now there are some manly, men. I think you got it. The hips is what's been bothering me about some of your other work depicting men. they come out very effeminate but these last two are good. I would still watch the hip construction though. Look at the one next to last, It looks like the hips are wider than the chest-shoulder area. I know his legs are spread apart making the hips wider but they look a little too wide.

Nice work like always Keep at it.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1