Sketchbook: Interceptor's House of Bacon --- August 21st UPDATE. Eklispe Duo WIP --- - Page 11
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Interceptor's House of Bacon --- August 21st UPDATE. Eklispe Duo WIP ---

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where are the updates Loren?? We miss you!

Filling up the new book for Montreal I guess, so all is forgiven.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone thanks alot. You've all warmed my hearts. And I want to give a proper reply but I left my pre-workshop packing and whatnot until the last minute. But thanks you all.

Here is a re-drawing of a sketch I did. My sister liked it alot so I drew the picture with more detail for her birthday. I'll be in Montreal for her birthday, though, so my dear mother will have to give it to her

crits and comments much appreciated.

And this pirate. I started out liking it. But now that I look at it, he does not have NEARLY as much energy as he had in the thumbnail. I'm dissapointed in myself that i did not notice it earlier.

Last edited by Interceptor; June 5th, 2006 at 01:53 AM.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GOD! That last one is so beautiful. I love how you render, and your values are so good to my eyes. Great stuff man, I love how your style has developed.

How long have you been drawing? How old are you? What materials do you use? Any chance of a tutorial/process?

Thanks man, keep up the great work.

-Frank

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey inty.. Your really evolving man. Amazing progress. Keep on kicking ass

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just admire what you have done on those two piece. Hopeful one day get to level of skill that you have.

Back to the Basics

[http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...hp?t=158168]In My Head[/url]

"Good for you, son. If there's one thing this world needs, it's more lawyers. Could you imagine a world without lawyers?," Lionel Hutz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KICK ASS LOREN!!
    I would like to see the Thumbs. There are a few anatomy awkwardness happening, mainly on the man jumping with the suggested rib cage you can shade that instead of make them hard lines, it makes it looks like he has indents. Look at a skeleton for rib reference, and a muscular structure. AND..... you are doing the ear thing again, the girls is too tiny and too close to her eye. The man's is too low, and too far away. Also the hand on the first girl, I see none it would work better if you showed her hand laying flat on her thigh. Just small things but when you got the overall pic working it's the details that make you go AWE!!!
    A qoute from Greg Manchess, When he was giving me a crit on my work.
    "Make the veiwer Fall in love with that arm"
    -Greg Manchess
    He was talking about design. And How if you draw an arm or anything really you want the veiwer to fall in love with it. Make it pleaseing, and different that people with just say, AWE!! so nice, feels like Butta!. haha you get what i mean.
    Great Job Loren on these two peices. I think you are going to do soo well in Montreal, and Learn tons.
    -T

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loren, brother! These updates are......pld: Truly truly brilliant!!!
    I really envy your pencils. Great work my friend. You're doing great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wow, see you soon dude!

sketchbook
    blog
    website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, your pencil control is pure badassness. It's going to be good to finally get some sketch jams in. So SOON!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great characters. Love the dynamic poses and all that jazz.

See you in Montreal.

SSG #11 is louder than 10.
    Taj | SkapeGoat | Dose206 | No | Cromsoneye | Tie | wil.whalen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You already know how I feel about these...terrible.

Lol, jk, man. Awesome stuff as usual! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohhh, i like those two!!! Very nice stuff! Goodies!

In the first one it is really hard to tell what s going on with her hand... weird position. On the second one, the legs appear a bit too short. Otherwise it s cool! I really really dig the shading! Post more and have FUN at Montreal!

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great drwaings and colored pics here dude, really isa great work you have here, i will continue keeping my eyes here trying to find some of your skills and try to use this in my work.

Cheers

Icaro

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Heya Interceptor,

Some really solid work here, it's great to see such talent in abundance! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
    1300 Factory Place, Unit 308
    Los Angeles, CA 90013
    www.korpus-la.com
    Blog
    Facebook Page

Twitter
    korpus.info@gmail.com
    Phone: 213-228-2014

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Dude you got a manly-man up. Nice work love the rendering style you have developed. Nice mixture of your killer lines and shading.

Keep at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Loren where's the postworkshop love?

Was great meeting and chatting with you man! Hope we can meet up again at a future workshop!

Like the preworkshop stuff, your rendering has improved a lot to allow you to compliment the composition more with it. Flows much nicer, doesnt seem as overworked as some older pics.

Saw what you wrote about the pirate losing the energy, so I took it into PS to play with it a bit and see whats what if you dont mind.
    I think the issue with the pose was that the line of action didnt read right, he didnt seem tense enough to be attacking, more like he was falling down. I tried changing it up, using more diagonals and straight lines for more tension. Not sure if its what you wanted, its more comic-y action. Youre considering the twisting of the torso, but not the bending of the spine or how the limbs are complimenting the action. Hope this helps...i couldve done a better job explaining, probably shouldve just redrawn a gesture instead. :oName:  attempt.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  19.0 KB

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My 2 cents

Not that I'm by any means an expert, but here's my 2 cents on a pose for your exquisite pirate...

-serf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, great pencils in this one, but, i think liked more the first pose of this pirate.

Cheers

Icaro

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Post more man... really! I wish I could send you money for a scanner or somethin!

This last pirate thing is nice... But greensocks I think is definitley the most applicable... no offense serf but it's like he's looking at a bird while trying to hit something on the ground... he'd get whiplash when he lands. Actaully this reminds me of that parkour sketch I did a while back, eh sock?

Also with his legs like that it looks like more of the preaction to a kick, more than a jump. in a normal jump, gravity has your legs, but in a kick, you move the kicking foot back, the other foot forward, then you swing your kick, and the momentum carries... so the only case really where you leg is like that is a huge midair kick.

Last edited by Pixeldragoon; June 23rd, 2006 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketch!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loren, ur book is insane. love ur rendering. although we didnt hang out much at the workshop it was a real treat meeting u. keep at it. like pixel says, most more.

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good shit dude - post your montreal stuff.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.
    .SKETCH.
    .CGHUB PAGE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes... where is all that funky stuff you drew? Bring it on!

Erilaz

Books of love:
    RebeccaK bumskee dirty_c Iconophobian Steph Laberis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, this SB is gonna hit 10000 soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where are you??!! pld:

i want some third nippel lovin'.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just had a look through your SB, Interceptor.

Great stuffs. I was gonna note that you don't seem to be drawing a lot of feet, but the last two pages began to show more of them - looking pretty accurate too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Frank Wade - Hey Franks! That's alot! I wish I'd spent more time with it. And now that I grew some balls and started playing with color I want to take it into painter. Anyways, I'm 21 years old. I've always sketched and such, but I've been drawing seriously for about 2 and a half years, since I came to this site. The last 2 pieces were done on 11 x 14 bristol. In mostly 3B pencil I think. Rendering is a blast, but at the end it just gets very aruous for me
    Thanks for commenting, bro!!

Seth - Cheers, buddy. One day soon we have to set aside some time for some open canvas fun. I have'nt painted with you in ages!

Crimson Eye - Heheh, Thanks alot You'll kill me, though.

Poise - Oh shit! lol. Thanks again. The very first crit you ever gave me, was that 2 page private message. You know I always appreciate these. it's sinking in. Don't you worry. I hope you had fun at the comic con. Talk you ya soon!

Kian That means world's coming from you. I had to start expanding myself, though. Color, subject matter. So I hope we have a blast working on Eklipse. I love you

Cartoonfox Oh my god, you wrote that before Montreal!? It seems like just yesterday we were having midnight thunderdomes, and eating at the shitty 24 hour McDonalds.. We should play Mario Kart on wi fi sometimes. I want a rematch

Zord - M-m-m-MISSION!! Man it was great watching you draw, and just hanging with you in general. I learned alot when we'd all just sit around on the street or some coffee shop drawing for hours. I've never felt so comfortable around a new group of people like that. You're a good pal, man

Koroshiya001 - I felt so bad that we did'nt get to chat much in Montreal. I will see you in Italy a hope. And share drinks together Thank you for the comments, man!

Danomight Oh you love me. I see the way your lips quiver when you look at me. heheh Thanks for helping me all the time, man. My late night crit bitch I love you.

Fooxoo if only I had your crits before I finished! I realized the errors afterwards. but I finished them each I think 2 days before Montreal, and had no time to correct them. Ah well, live and learn.

enthombed Wow man. I've been checking your work out, too, so I'm really glad you stopped by the House of Bacon lol. Thanks alot for the comments. I appreciate it.

rebeccak Thanks, Rebecca! I just finished drooling over some of your studies on your webpage. You rock, lady

bengonzalez Oh snap I have'nt talked to you in forever. Why are you not on AIM?

SirGreenSock Wow, thanks alot for doing that. I see what you mean, entirely. I guess art is like theatre acting, every move has to be exaggerated to really have it connect. I had a blast meeting you in Montreal. I was in awe when I saw you helping Ryn out with crits in the lounge at 2 am . You'd better be in Italy. It would'nt be right without you.

serf I talked to you about that image on MSN. I appreciate everything you said. So no use in me replying here all over again. Thanks a million!

pixeldragoon Heheh thanks man. the sentiment is appreciated.

Peter Lee - Thank you!

OBX yeah, we did'nt get a chance to really talk. I hope to post more soon.

Panda - hey brotha I'm waiting a bit to get my new scanner before I start posting sketchbook stuff. it crapped out to the point where you can barely see an image I scan.

Erilaz - You are adorable. If I were a girl your gae, I would have flirted with you in Montreal. hahah

JERI Oh shit. I'd better get some more art up here to merit the post count!!

GreenSock I still can't belive I did that

JERI I used to draw nothign but full characters. Then I saw how much I was lacking in the faces in comparison. (So that's REALLY terrible.) I started practicing faces and heads and next thing I knew I had gotten so into the motions that I could'nt draw small enough to fit a body. i think I've fixed that now, though ;0

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will have a ton of sketchbook stuff to post when I get a new scanner. The amount of art in here is really a poor representation of how much I've actually been working. In Montreal, Romance and I decided to do a fake videogame project together as part of our portfolios. I have no full images done or anything and I need to get used to drawing different things. the project is called EKLIPSE. The people working on it are myself, danomight, romance, cartoonfox, kian, and for the art director we got Poise. I'll make a big post about it in the finsihed section when we get a decent amount of stuff done, and explain the story and whatnot. This is'nt QUITE done, but this is for EKLIPSE. I felt bad for having posted nothing since Montreal. I drew this a while ago.. and I had it colored, but it looked really boring. So I colored it last night before bed. and touched up a few things when I came home from work today. color is all too foreign to me.

Name:  ramonaeklipse.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  158.7 KB

CHEERS!
    -Loren

/EDIT. I thought this was funny. This must be about 8 years old. I had this huge story written up. It made no sense. It's something I can always come back to when I just want to relax. Here in the pic is Ramona, drawn to the best of my abilities at the time.

Last edited by Interceptor; July 25th, 2006 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff, Loren. I'm glad to see you post here again. Lot of good things with that girl, but you allready know most of them, hehehehe !
    From France with love.
    Julien.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah realy you have to post some more work. just watched this the first time. i realy like it, like the most on CA .

but how long where you working on your last one?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1