(updated!!)last halloween costume...oh and the year before...lotsa prosthetic pics

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

(updated!!)last halloween costume...oh and the year before...lotsa prosthetic pics

UPDATED!!!!!
    NOW WITH EVEN MORE DESCRIPTIONS,
    SATISFYING YOUR DAILY REQUIREMENTS OF VITAMIN BS!!
    JK...please read

all self-taught application...questions? just ask!!
    on to the pics

stage 1
    got this prosthetic from "the scream team" along with the ears, look them up, they're probably the best quality and variety
    on the market for general consumers. attached with an adhesive called "spirit gum" it's been used for years, although
    it releases with alcohol (drinking will make this fall off sooner...see bite pic mouth) the adhesive will naturally loosen with sweat,
    i'd recommend carrying extra for touch ups...or for the brave, there is a product called prosaide, it's a former medical adhesive,
    now used widely in special effects, but remeber the solvent to remove it!!! this will take your skin with it if not...

stage 2 blending
    coarse bristled sponge/liquid latex...when purchasing makeup kits you'll see a small black wire-like sponge, thats it! lightly blend
    a thin layer, then hairdryer!! then another layer, etc...till the edges are gone. i then apply a pat of baby powder to see if
    it really blended well, it takes the sheen off the latex and dries the top layer further for makeup application. if not blended continue
    process, but make sure to dry between layers COMPLETELY, as it will pull up all the work you've done.

stage 3 paint

this is a multi layered process, with many options
    my choice was "cinema secrets" has a palette of creme colors, make sure though, when using foam latex appliances tat you
    do not use petroleum bases makeups, they will deteriorate the foam. also you can google "makeup color wheels" they should
    come up with results like injury wheel, monster wheel, pain wheel, clown wheel, etc...

finished

here we are with wig and costume...i think i got the coat from lip service or slash n burn

me and the devil with a blue dress, pretty creative

this one won me first place...twice!

2003 costume didn't enter anywhere, should have i think
    prosthetic purchased from www.makeupmania.com great company...ask for eva!!! she's the best, and so helpful. she did some makeup on the movie se7en as well as suicide kings, star trek, and other fantastic projects.
    same application but with the addition of hair laying...(very complex instruction pm me for those) costume was hand
    constructed purchasing various plastic halloween pieces, painting, cutting, sewing, etc

example: the shoulder guards were cut from two plastic roman helmets, then spraypainted.

what do you think???

this year i think i'm going to go to fantasyfest in key west and compete

Last edited by audioslavekane; October 12th, 2005 at 02:27 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool costumes, always wanted to do something like that. Question, how do you do it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah, that is so cool. I must know how you do that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Updated Mang!!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    - Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    can you drink anything as the chimpanzee?
    Man that's a great costume

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    absolutely....prob more than i should have! i actually drank out of a pint glass too.. but remember the beer loosens the adhesive, so i had a lot of touch ups to do.

- Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just got the vampire mask from the scream team, can't wait for halloween this year.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! these costumes rock!!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff! I have a couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

How reuseable do you find these prosthetics? Is it possible to do a dry run (application and painting) with these and then clean them for re-use? Wouldn't like to find out the day of a party or contest that my painting and application skills suck.

Also, do you paint/apply this all yourself or recruit an assistant?

Thanks for sharing these great costumes!

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    100% alcohol will clean these prosthetics for reuse, you can get up to 10 uses if stored properly (usually 3-5) and yes i painted and applied these myself. you can actually paint them in advance also, but please read above, NO PRODUCTS THAT ARE PETROLEUM BASED. happy hlloween

- Henry Louis Mencken

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.