why no drag rotation?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: why no drag rotation?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

why no drag rotation?

my only qualm so far about photoshop
    why have they not implemented the rotate canvas by drag like in corel painter?
    did corel trademark it or something? i think it would really help out with drawing straight in the program. I know they have it through free transform but thats too many steps to go through, doesn't have the feel of just flipping around a piece of paper on the fly like in corel painter. I already really like how you can create straight lines by putting down a mark and then hold shift and plop down the other mark to create the lines.

As a mans power and knowledge grows so the paths he may choose lessen more and more until he can choose only and whole what he must do.
    time to follow the trend: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...14#post1052814
    oh and heres a college buddy of mine:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75358
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If all applications did the same thing, we wouldn't need more than one, now would we?

Photoshop is NOT a Drawing application, it is a Photo Editing application, which is why drag rotation is not a major concern.

You could just as easily ask why Painter, which IS a drawing application does not offer a simple default keystroke to establish B&W as the default colors for foreground/background, which in PS is 'D,' or why Painter does not offer a simple keystroke to switch foreground/background (you have to go to the color swatch and click)...

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree, that would be so sweet.

c

chris steingart

ca sketchbook 2
    blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've heard rumors that Photoshop CS3 will implement canvas rotation, just like Painter does. I fervently hope this is the case, because it would make drawing and painting SO MUCH EASIER.

Madster, what you're saying would make sense if all the programs were released by the same company. From a marketing perspective, that supercompany would want consumers to buy as many different programs as possible. But Painter and Photoshop are from separate companies, so shouldn't they want to include features that make their programs better than the competition?

Of course, Photoshop and Painter aren't exactly competing programs, because as you said, they have somewhat different purposes.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.