Right place?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Right place?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Right place?

Hi,

Im new. I was just looking on concept art trying to figure out who it was geared to mostly. What kind of artists is this forum most used by. There seems to be more forums then I have time to check out deviant, artvisions, wet canvas, and on and on. Im into fashion illustration/fine arts and Im trying to get my portfolio finished for admissions. If this is a good place for me let me know, if not can you recommend a better place... design etc let me know. Thanks.

Chris

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We are mostly professionals or enthusiasts. I believe CA is tuned mostly for the more established artist, and not beginners. More a place to refine your ability after you have already reached a respectable level then anything else.

As for the medium of the population? We are mostly digital artists with a few clay modelers. All of this is geared towards concept design, hence the url.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blue is correct in the membership, but I'd like to add that the main thrust of the site is members helping other members grow and learn and improve. Many of the other sites you mention (and many others) have a high degree of ego stroking (butt-patting). This can make some of the comments her seem harsh in comparison, but rest assured, trolls are quickly banned, so the vast majority of these posts are in the spirit of helping.

Fashion is a specialty of concept art; so, if you don't mind people looking at your work with a critical eye, I think you could find many worse places to post.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.