Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: sketchbook of Placeboast

Thanks
    There is some major improvement going on in your work. Some of those 3/4 turned faces have some proportional problems. Things just seem to be shifted around a bit. Like the cheek-line on the "baldy" drawing. Seems a bit off.
    "Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yo, nice progress. I dont know if it is the right moment, but try different faces of different complexions, age, hairstyle, ... if you see what I mean.

Nothing much, keep the hard work. I am myself in a period of not having energy to draw at all.
    Each one, teach one. P e a c e

VS

Check out My Sketchbook

Latin & Spanish Group

Thanks
    Looking sharp dude. I like the skulls and the bald dude, the hair on the middle one kinda throws me off, but hey, i do the same stuff for my haired dudes (sounds kinky). Some misplaced features, but i think you are improving greatly. I'd like to see some stuff from life too, you know because i'm the boss of you

Thanks
    Max1975 Great music? Could you give me an example. You've propably got mistaken our music with the one from sweden.
    Jtheanswers Will do. Really hope you get back with your drawing board, though I know how you feel. Sometimes drawing is a bitch.
    OrozcO Thanks man. You have a really great thread. Hope you'r really proud of it.
    Masterpug Thanks man. You really made go and check out the cheeklines etc. I don't think the problem is so much on the baldy the cheeks but the lips are quite fugged up. Thanks again.
    Inkfish Googled this life you were talking about and I'm still having major difficulties understanding what it is. Will have to do more research on the subject. Damn, I knew I should have gone to university. Misplaced? You wouldn't go tell Picasso that. I'm Picasso!!!

Couldn't remember if I have posted faces here before so here goes. And some eyes too.
    sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

Really rough "gesture" study
    sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

Thanks
    really good looking head studies you´re doing!
    it´s been said before, but damn fine progress dude!
    just keep it up!

Thanks
    I'm fairly certain that Gjallarhorn is from Finland (although they do seem to sing mostly in Swedish), and also sometimes half of Hedningarna. If that were the ONLY good music from Finland, I'd still consider it culture of high caliber I do like a lot of Scandanavian music in general, but most of my initial exposure to it is from these "Nordic Roots" sampler CDs, which don't do an exceptionally good job of distinguishing exactly which country a song is coming from, so some confusion on my part is likely.

You and I are going through similar struggles with heads. Your close-up eye studies are very good, but it seems like you're having trouble scaling them down to draw them in context...maybe you should try some smaller isolated eye studies?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47...k-page-111.jpg I really like the one in the hat. Nice job using the eyebrows to give it expression.

Thanks
    Hey, here you are. I found you!

A lot of progress, good job working so hard. You've got some good faces here! A lot of pencil action, too. ; ) I like the 3D model you made on your avatar there, particularly the reflection.

I'll keep my eye out for updates. later!
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Absence and booze.

There are no small sketchpads, just small artists.

The make-perfect button must come from within.

Thanks
    thanks again for the comment. your right about my shading i gotta get better at that. your's is great! and by the way i said stills as in still lifes apples and bananas and plates and stuff like that. beautiful eyes in the last post. what kind of reference are you using for the portraits?
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Hey,

nice work here. Like all of your pencil drawings and faces. And your improving! But, i would like you to try some painting!!! I think it would be successful and i would really like to see them! But if you dont have any paints, keep on drawing, or get some paints at your local art shop !!! I also wanted to say about your comment in my sb. Thanks alot, after that comment from jack i did fell abit shocked, but your comment and others comments really lifted me up. Thanks again, and ill be back

Qxzi 8)

Thanks
    Placeboast,

Thanks for stopping by my Sketchbook!! I thought I would return the favor. I like what I see here. Nice head studies. Are you going to do more Photoshop painting? I thought your last portrait looked nice.

Again, thanks for stopping by and posting the comments!

Thanks,

Richard_M

Yes, I DO have a Sketchbook.

Thanks
    Great sb. You are great w/ the eyes! Nice confident lines.
    Sometimes the proportions on the head are a bit off, but overall i think ur heading the right direction with ur sketches.
    Keep it up, i want to see an update soon

Lewis

Thanks
    Man, faces are all I draw, at least yours have some character. I think you're ready to start playing around with various expressions on these cats. Challenge yourself a little bit by including the necks on these heads, have their heads turned in various directions.
    Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Armando Your righ there. I really should put more effort in my drawings. I have a tendancy of drawing the head too finished and then not having the energy to draw the body. Thanks for popping by.
    Lewis I've got so much more to learn. Have to jut keep practising and maybe then one day my proportions etc. will look right.
    Richard_M I will propably start using photoshop later when I have drawn something worth coloring. Hope to see you again.
    Qxzi I don't feel like painting right now but maybe later. That comment from jack would have gotten anybody feeling like shit. Just keep on drawing.
    Pennington I tried to be funny and again failed miserably. I even thought of drawing a man on stilts and posting it here and ask you how did I improve in drawing this. I use photo referance.
    Bad Brownie Glad you found me. And thank you for the kind words.
    Max1975 I think the problem with the eyes is I'm drawing usually too small portraits not leaving enough space to draw them. Or not. I just might suck at it. We may have Nokia and highest educated people in the world but come friday night and we are still just savages.
    Flaskpost Thanks man. Good to see you coming here so frequently.

No ref drawings. Might be a good idea to use refs in the future.
    sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

sketchbook of Placeboast

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast