this thread doesn't have a creative name

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

because i don't what the fuck i should say right here. but oh well

some collage thing, i don't know what to do with the white background.

and this. i know i drew the back of the 280zx wrong. i noticed that after coloring.

used prismacolors and acrylic paint for the second one and prismas for the first one.

edit: the two links for bigger verisons of the previous
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/22719680/
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/23383325/

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think you should put a background in the first pic, unless it's a really light wash. There is so much detail in the picture already that you don't need to add more.

I like the white shapes of the snow in the 2nd pic. They are nice and dynamic and frame the picture well. But I don't really like the halo around the moon. It attracts my attention away from the car.

By the way, your images are just a little bit too big for me to view on my monitor, so you might want to consider shrinking things a little more in the future.

best,
    emily

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one is a bit pizza-ish, colors of the same strenght all over the place, the eyes doesn't know where to go. Very little highlights or shadows. Also, many of the characters have the same face, it looks like the same guy with wigs. I also don't understand the guy with white hair in the middle.

I think, mostly that there are good parts to the drawing, it's just that they are all stuck together and get lost.

The second one is better, the colors match more. I just don't like the halo thing around the moon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    second one is wicked

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The second one is a winter scene to my eye, so the ring around the moon fits the falling snow/stars, and the snow drifts being swirled up. This brings up a discrepancy to my eye that the car needs some snow on it...either way, it's "close, but not quite."

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Second one looks fantastic, however (and I don't know if you intend to alter these digitally) the car is begging for some speculars on the back bumper and hubcaps, and some sense of reflection of the outside world in the windows and paintwork. The lettering on the number plate also deserves to be cleaned up, made to look more like a machine-stamped plate.

There's not much more that can be said about the first - if possible you could add some dramatic clouds behind the cars to demonstrate that they are in fact moving. Unfortunately there is really no focal point to the image, looking like it was just composed by adding more characters in different directions. It's like 3 action movie dvd covers fused into one! That's not to say that I don't like it - it's just difficult to find a center of appreciation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by emily g
    By the way, your images are just a little bit too big for me to view on my monitor, so you might want to consider shrinking things a little more in the future.
    well, i did do these on a 11x14 :P

Quote Originally Posted by emily g
    I like the white shapes of the snow in the 2nd pic. They are nice and dynamic and frame the picture well. But I don't really like the halo around the moon. It attracts my attention away from the car.
    so smaller halo or no halo at all?

Quote Originally Posted by madster
    The second one is a winter scene to my eye, so the ring around the moon fits the falling snow/stars, and the snow drifts being swirled up. This brings up a discrepancy to my eye that the car needs some snow on it...either way, it's "close, but not quite."

~M
    so the missing part would be snow on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfevs
    Second one looks fantastic, however (and I don't know if you intend to alter these digitally) the car is begging for some speculars on the back bumper and hubcaps, and some sense of reflection of the outside world in the windows and paintwork. The lettering on the number plate also deserves to be cleaned up, made to look more like a machine-stamped plate.
    i didn't plan on altering the migaes digitally. but i may try it out. :P

3 action movies fused into one. lol

it takes place in the future, but it has the warfare of today and cars from the '60s!

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yup, snow on the car (or flying off, due to the speed...)would complete that one to my eye...

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.