subliminal religion.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

subliminal religion.

is there alot of it here or am i just tired?
    seen alot of hidden crosses and heaven hell remarks in many concepts latly.
    but what whould any art be without jebus and freinds?
    and if its intentional is that legal or is that some kind of brainwashing technique?
    maybe im wrong, been wrong twice today allready.

whats your genoius artsy minds think?`
    do we have a wave of religious concept artists trying to brainwash us, or has it allways been like this?

personally i dont care , just a tired observation between looking at beutyful pictures and reading about ppl who acctually succeded in this rather wierd branch of business. and get paid for what most have as a fun hobby.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I dontjknowewhatsyouuarestalking about.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mort
    is there alot of it here or am i just tired?
    Sure, I think there has always been a lot of it, not just in modern artworks, but in the past also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    seen alot of hidden crosses and heaven hell remarks in many concepts latly.
    but what whould any art be without jebus and freinds?
    Religion has been an integral part of human life throughout time, it would be very strange if it weren't in a lot of artwork. It is used often to represent many things from good to evil, to what happens after death, and much more. It can mean something completely different for each artists and viewer.

If you look for it, you can find many other areas where things are used in art, for example, phallic symbols. From very early art to current artistic endeavors, there are abounding references to the male (and female) reproductive devices.

Looking hard enough you could find those in anything, I see phallic symbols all over the place in furniture to kitchen utensils. Jesus and company? Their images have been known to reside on rocks to grilled cheese sandwiches.

"The thing is you see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear. You dig?" -The Rock Man

and if its intentional is that legal or is that some kind of brainwashing technique?
    I hope to hell not. If viewing a piece of artwork is brainwashing someone then I cry for the fate of humankind.

whats your genoius artsy minds think?`
    do we have a wave of religious concept artists trying to brainwash us, or has it allways been like this?
    a. I'm no genoius. But I do have an all divine excuse from the church of the subgenius (not quite the same as subgenoius though)

b. If we're being brainwashed by concept art its into believing that all women wear gasmasks and have sharp pointy teeth where the sun don't shine.

Concept art is no exception from symbolism, especially if you are trying to get a concept across with an illustration... symbolism may end up being very important. Wether it be religious, sexual, or mundane.

**darn you DSIllustration! I had to edit out all of my subliminal mini text you beat me to it **

--marie--

Don't forget to read the stickied FAQ's before posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ---> ╬ <--- i'm sorry, what?

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "You see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear..." Nilssen. Harry Nilssen, The Point.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by madster
    "You see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear..." Nilssen. Harry Nilssen, The Point.

~M
    then why am i seeing religios things and not nekkid ladies??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Madster, yes that is correct and the Rock Man said it in The Point. (love that movie!)

Subconciously you don't want to see naked ladies, you want to see jesus... I'll let your imagination go from there

--marie--

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Madster, yes that is correct and the Rock Man said it in The Point. (love that movie!)

Subconciously you don't want to see naked ladies, you want to see jesus... I'll let your imagination go from there
    acctually the only religious thing i see is the devil and some of his angel buddies.
    cross upside down and goats with horns and stuff. maybe i should lay off the coffee.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What do you put in your coffee?

--marie--

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    being as its all a matter of degrees anyhow, there is certainly alot of intentional as well as unintentional symbolism in artwork. Some things are just blatant, others subtle, and often enough there will be accidental and if-you-say-so symbolism. I, for one, am tired of people who see the phallic symbols everywhere. Get over it people. Stop claiming that every guitar, tall building, hot dog, sword, walking stick, etc. is a penis. I'm just not buying it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Marie in that the symbolism ins't just here at CA. - though I don't know if I'd go so far as to say you see what you want to see. While this may sometimes be the case, it isn't always.

however, I would say that you see what you are aware of, or sensitive to. Like buying a new car and then noticing that "everyone" has the same type of car for a few months after.

Beyond that, we're a symbolic species. We even think symbolically. It's intrinsically entwined with who and what we are. We have certain pan cultural symbols that everyone recognizes and unconsciously picks up on (like certain religious iconography).

I think here at CA what you may be picking up on is the idea of trying to use symbols and motifs as part of character design or an illustration - it's a bit of a fad, but an effective one and one that looks "cool". I think really they're nothing more than design elements. I wouldn't worry about any subliminal conspiracy, except that of the Flying Speghetti Monster Evolutionists have. Got to watch out for those guys. They're freaks

Last edited by S.C. Watson; September 28th, 2005 at 06:07 PM. Reason: tpyos

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well say for instace that you draw a really good picture or painting and it makes ppl feel good, and then you are also a beleiving christian for example. so you decide to add a cross somewhere in the picture. so the next person who sees that picture and the subliminal cross whould acctually feel good the next time he see a cross. now whould that be wrong?

what i put in my coffee is a secret.but it involves alot of herbs from forgotten tribes in some jungle somewhere. it makes you happy and wierd all day. i call it sugar if anyone ask.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "You see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear..." Nilssen. Harry Nilssen, The Point. (the rock man)

repeated for emphasis

If its not obvious, my posts are on the less than serious side.

Just like I can make every single horoscope fit me if I wanted to, I can see what I want. (The phallic reference was a stupid sophmoric joke in combination with the quote...haha, yes I know, most of the time I'm the only one that gets them.)

We often see what is on our mind, if I'm hungry then everything is tootsie roll to me.

On that thought, if it was illegal, then it would pretty much be illegal to draw anything or produce any images, as most represent something, and people can distort from there.

*edit* well said Oregano (I'm slow with the typing, usually 2-3 responses while I type)

--marie--

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG! People expressing religion in art???? How can this be? Quick! Call the governement!

Geiger puts a bunch of weeners in his art. There's that chick who paints horses hidden in landscapes. So what?

If someone wants to put crosses, skulls, weeners, horses, toilet paper, or whatever in their art, it's not illegal. It's just art.

If you suddenly find yourself wanting to do something because you think art told you to, you're pretty weak.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your priest finally got into your head. The nekkid ladies make your palms hairy and make your eyes melt out your head.

PS, flip my avatar upside down and it looks a lil like the cross! Just thought i would spook you out more.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe you'd really rather hump Jesus.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blue
    PS, flip my avatar upside down and it looks a lil like the cross! Just thought i would spook you out more.
    While right now it only looks like a phallic symbol (the blue thing in the middle), you are quite full of symbolism.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.