Sketchbook: d*U*d*d*L*e*B*u*G's DOOdLebOOk - Page 6

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh that piece for ImagineFX makes my chin hurt. !! and your SB its really nice as long your style love it

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't checked your sketchbook in a long time, And I got to say HOT DAMN! your good and funny. I love the travels of Erik the Hungry and your crazy Circus folk. Really inspiring.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The height line-up was great Jonny, and the finished boat piece even sweeter!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Big fan of your stuff ever since I saw your Chimpski series in ImagineFx. Glad I found your sketchbook. Great stuff, but, uh, more Chimpski!

Quote Originally Posted by Flipnastywebby View Post
    somebody once told me, only draw anime if you can cure cancer with it.....
    This is not the Hokey Pokey, so put that right elbow somewhere else!
    Sketchbook, Staging Area, Assorted Crap
    hendrick.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fucking fantastic work man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The D-man!!!!!!

Aw, pal, I just had to come in here after reading your great post in my thread this morn! Before I get a chance to reply to it over there, I wanted to come say a huge thank you here on your territory! Your style is incredibly inspirational to me, and I have come in here, and mooched around over on your awesome website many times just breathing in all the wonderful style and weight and character in your illustrations and paintings. It was thus a huge boost for me to hear you enjoy my nutsy scribblings, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting your own exceptional stuff up on the web and in magazines like Imagine FX for all to enjoy! The quality of line and personality in your work is truely in a league of it's own, and your sense of design and colour is spectacular.

In short, it's all AWESOME!

Your fan,

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've always really enjoyed your work eevr since i saw it in imagine fx, i love the style and the humour in your work and i always look forward to seeing your stuff in the magazine, you also seem to be better at properly explaining what it is you're doing which is a small subjective comment.
    I sometimes find that some people in imagine fx are a bit up their own arses about how great they are or on the other hand, rather precious about giving away their techniques and therefore give rather vague directions in their tutorials. you dont do this and i enjoy reading about how you put your work together in a forthright and humerous manner-I'll stop creeping now, keep on what you're doing cos its great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WHOAH!
    *subsciribng to thread immediately*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Johnny, hello, duddlebug. heh, both your names are too good to skip. Actually, I wanted to say something that would put your in a a mood for posting, I kind of want exactly your kind of images right now. Unfortunately I don't know what to say... to create this effect.
    Just gonna repeat... I want those illustrations of yours which remind me my childhood very strongly and it feels good to go back in time.

That's so strange, I was born in different from yours country, with different culture and different priorities, but I feel like we look at the same children books and the same deep impressions are stuck in memory. I never saw those classic clowns, in Russia they were called Red and White clowns, Rude and Sad clowns accordingly. I touched only mentioning of them in the children books of my auntie, it is from environment in which our parents and grandparent lived. But the little I saw I absorbed like a sponge and still have it in my memory tucked somewhere. Very indefinite, imagination provoking, lyrical and in the same time creepy impression. Overall it is a good one,like look into another world.

So is how it going? Did I get it working? The mood to post?
    No?
    Little more then.
    I wish you posted the piece which brought your that wonderful award. You have at least two illustrations of circus freaks. Both are wonderful, I don't even know which one is better. Probably the one where they entering the little sleepy, dark town with noise and disharmony. So funny that the little town is dark and creepy already, the residents themselves look like patients of a mad house. But I can see and hear this event happening.
    And I like the other one too, when circus streaming out from doors, almost falling down on its public. The look like they're escaping from hell, right from the part of it where sinner are being boiled and fried.
    I like the little details too in this image, like weird hands/ puppets on strings, stripes on clothes, sad faces of clowns, grotesque in gestures and figures. So many memories.

I went to look at your website... very generous and rich...I have to say you have a tendency to fill up the whole paper very densely to the point when it is hard to read images and silhouettes.

I feel like you have so much to say and so many ideas, but you are getting carried away and sometimes harmony is getting unbalanced.
    In the Vikings piece I think stylized clouds were too much, they overloaded the picture. I think you need to sacrifice the richness of you images for the sake of your viewer not getting overloaded with information.
    Bye, hope you will post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

BoneZone

Great looking works here 5 bones from me.

Check out SoFA Forums if you get a chance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your sketchbook, love the workshops for ImagineFX and strange as it may seem, I found you on this site through -> Reading ImagineFX(picked up by chance) -> downloading your workshops through ImagineFX webspace -> Googling your personal webpage -> finding your link to ConceptArt.org -> searching for your PirateMuncher /which I liked before) and then searching for this topic...

And it happened today...

Been a member of CA for quite a while...

I love your charater concept works.. (clowns, berzerker) any chance of seeing more of those?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    duddlebug, really appreciate your painter tutorials in the IFX magizine. You have a really cool unique style. Thanks for all your hard work and patience. I know it takes a lot of time to explain your process. Keep us fed duddlebug!! Glad to see you here on CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Duddlebug, I saw a little part of a picture in an imagine fx issue of a pink monster, it looked like just a section of a painting, I'm wondering where I can see that painting?

Also I managed to find a bunch of your tutorials from the imagine Fx Dvds, thanks a ton, I really like the new King of Space one.

Thanks for sharing your secrets,

Joe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello! Was nice to meet you on sat! I love your character work in here, they all have so much personality, i especially love your UK vs. Scandinavia entry- very witty
    I look forward to seeing more
    Fran

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooh wow. Been through every pages, i cannot even picked a favorite, i like them all! Very expressive, humorous and masterfully done! I'm subscribing

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Members who have read this thread: 2