Sketchbook: Isosketches

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Isosketches

Thanks

Wink Isosketches

So Please allow me to introduce myself.
    I'm Lise, and I'm 19 years old.
    right now I'm still finishing my sort of High school (live in Holland, never know what my school is called)
    Later on I'm hoping to get in an art acadamie, might I succeed in doing this, I'll let you know cos I'll be thrilled.
    So that's me in a nutshell, If you wish to see my face, my pictures are in Z lounge. drawing is my hobby, I'm not good enough to make it into food so... it will stay a hobby, so sorry for the few updates

byebye and enjoy the show

as for the drawing
    She is a witch or something sinister like that, not good not bad, stuck between I guess. anyway don't kill me but tell me what you think (and yes I have a lot to learn)

kisses Iso

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Isobel; August 7th, 2007 at 07:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    this is already a good start. my only crit would be that her left foot is a bit too low. makes her look like she's standing on not existing stairs
    i'd also like to see some anatomy sketches of you, that'd make it easier to give you helpful crits. if you dont have any studies, do some anatomy. that will help you you a lot to improve
    keep on posting!

sawa

Thanks

Smile

some anatomy then;

there will be more but my home work doesn't allow more at once
    greetzz iso

Last edited by Isobel; April 12th, 2006 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Here is a hand I drawed for a bit of anatomy
    guess it turned out allright but tell me did it?

Thanks
    Yes, Sawa is very right here, if u keep on doing lots of stuides for all of the body, after a few months you will see the improvement. keep it up

Thanks
    yes, definitely keep up the anatomy studies. Try to get those pdf's of loomis's books that are floating around the web (i know there was a thread here talking about them) they will be really helpful on drawing the human figure!

On the first character you posted, i'd say that the legs are definitely too long compared to the body. The head also feels too small, as do the feet.

Just keep doing anatomy sketches in your spare time, your skills will definitely take off quickly if you keep it up

I saw the flowers die
    grand beauty turn to dust
    under wings of cold white death

Thanks

Riddle B2B Crew-Knights Templar

That was not a bad drawing at all. It shows that you have control over your proportions and such. I posted some art tips and philosophies in an excerpt from the Hypergothic compendium. (Below) It's about using the method (it's not a style) created by me and the Knights Templar between 1989 and 1994. It is called "Hypergothics and is used by many midwest artist and graffiti artists. It might help you learn some art tactics faster - it certainly helped me and others. You can see some of my work on this fourm as well under the title "Riddle". Once again - nice work. Peace.

(Here is the excerpt below)

Hypergothic Fundamentals

An art system Created by Riddle & the Knights Templar

Purpose #1:
    To make the act of painting or drawing a “performance” art by executing the art form with speed, accuracy & efficiency:

Purpose #2:
    To install a true form of “Geniunism” in artists by helping to eliminate egotistical conceit and helping others to recognize the beauty in others artwork as well as your own.

Purpose #3:
    To help the artist succeed in real life by providing skills that may lead to money & career options.

The 4 defining functions of HyperGothics:

#1: Conception:

#2: “Groove”:

#3: Execution:

#4: Refinement:

The 4 recognizable traits of HyperGothics:

#1: Ultra-lateral lines:

#2: Open spaced detailing:

#3: High Symbolism:

#4: Subconscious imagery:

Definitions of HyperGothic codes

Conception:
    Conception is the act of previously visualizing the image, feel, & purpose of the intended drawing. This is a resourceful preparation technique.

Groove:
    Groove is the act of synchronizing your feelings with the act of drawing. It sets you in the proper mental position to be able to draw in a rapid time frame while focusing on the art despite any distractions.

Execution:
    Execution is the very essence of acting out the art form. It is a crucial point where mistakes can be made. Only by focusing can you minimize mistakes & capitalize on creativity.

Refinement:
    Refinement is the act of adding on more details & final touches that will give the drawing or painting a clean & neat appearance. It can also enhance detailing & color variation, as well as depth perception.

Ultra-lateral lines:
    Ultra-lateral lines are a unique variation of line widths. They are profoundly different than traditional thick & thin widths that are taught in classical drawing classes. The Ultra-lateral lines are designed to add depth & separation from focused objects & the background. They are specifically designated toward various parts of the drawn object.

Open spaced detailing:
    This is the technique that places detail strategically at key points from one another. This provides a tangible workspace between details that give an opportunity for colors or other effects to be added later in the drawings. It also ensures that the drawing will not be too detailed as well as cure the crowding & cramping effects that often curse high detail illustration.

High Symbolism:
    This is a sub-art form in it’s own. It takes symbols & icons distorting them or placing them in effective placement near the focused image of attention. They are often never noticed by the conscious mind, but usually have some impact in the subconscious mind of the viewer. These camouflaged subliminal images are placed in with psychological intents.

Sub-conscious imagery:
    Subconscious imagery is used to display a sublime meaning or provide an erratic intention of feeling toward the viewer by portraying objects that may psychologically induce emotion & interest.

The Dark Arts
    3 components of the Synoptic arts

#1 Cansprayacy:
    The Philosophies of Salski that are aimed to help artist create new & original styles including the popular theory (Style by Recognition.) Cansprayacy has made Salski a Wild style master & continues to propel Salski & other writer’s deeper into the hidden realms of original Wild style. The Cansprayacy is taught through words not inks! This fact enables the artist to excel in his style without other styles influencing his own. This helps in creating the most original art style the person can produce. Cansprayacy is the oldest philosophy in graffiti art & began refining itself through B2B members for many years, making it known to many artists.

#2 HyperGothics:
    A powerful & controversial Art System created by Jem Riddle that enhances any artist Style & method by using a series of art techniques & psychological “tricks” to portray various Images & meanings to the viewer. It is particularly known for its ability to give fast & accurate technical artistic knowledge to its practitioners. Its popular traits include the ability to paint or draw high quality art in a rapid time frame. The System is taught mainly through Riddle or the elusive HyperGothic Compendium, which contains the secrets of this arcane art system. The Compendium has been copied & Secretly distributed to artist in the underground. Today many conventional artist & graffiti writers use this strange & mystic art system.

# 3 Genuinism:
    Mental exercises that help you measure your talents accurately & to remain confident in your skills. It is very anti-Ego oriented & It helps to prevent a person from becoming conceited instead of confident. The philosophy is meant to provide mental balance with an actual skill. It also warns & is against the “Hypnotic Syndrome” (an effect that changes peoples personality due to an increase in artistic power.)

Additional Assets in Knowledge

Artistic “CHI”
    A HyperGothic art skill that channel psychological/spiritual power to increase the excellence ratio in one’s artwork

Spray can Alchemy & Hyper craft
    These are crafts that are always in flux. They include the making of special spray-paint caps, distortion techniques, art instruments, & painting systems, such as shingles & others. All Riddle caps including, the non-clogging “snap-caps”, “Streamers”, & “Blur Guns” are included in this craft. The introductions of new techniques from various artists are also a plus factor for this ultra modernizing craftwork.

HyperGothics-A form of CHI

What is CHI? It’s that mystic and rarely understood force that gives additional power to people in need. It is also that force that allows Chinese monks to make themselves un-pierce-able as well as give them the power to break stones and boards with their bare hands. Chi is also responsible for Olympic archers’ fantastic aim and sniper’s perfect hits. Science has already reveled how the increase in concentration from the brain remarkably jumps when in “CHI” mode.

So is it possible such a force could be used in art? It already has and probably thousands of times. However, most people don’t realize it! You see, when you look at a painting you’ve done you will soon realize that certain portions of the piece are more accurate and closer to perfect than others.

Why? This is because while you were painting, a part of you had become very content and relaxed. Combined with the right amount of confidence the lines and images being drawn or painted had better quality. You can compare this to a basketball player who has shot several good shots in a free throw…He was simply in the “Zone”.

Graffiti art in general has a specific advantage in incorporating the CHI. Spray paint as a medium is very fast and can deliver your ideas very efficiently if you know how to handle a can. This allows an artist to slip into the CHI zone even while talking, as long as the artist has his intentions in mind and executes the moves with (as Bruce Lee once said) emotional content. For further proof of this enigmatic force, just look at your own art or perhaps another’s, than honestly consider the truth about the CHI.

A brief history of Hypergothics

During the late 1980’s, Hypergothics was created by Riddle after his mentor Salski tutored him in the ways of building style in art through “systematic” methods and philosophy. The system got the name “Hypergothics”, due to its base in gothic-architectural lines and bizarre side effect of speedy drawing. Those who master the system have the ability to paint or draw in a very rapid time frame, yet keep a high quality in the art produced. It gained much notice in the non-graffiti art world of Chicago during the years 1991 through 1997. After being accepted as an underground, yet legitimate art system by many oil painters and traditional muralists from the Pilsen area and the Gold coast of Chicago, it slowly began to be absorbed in the graffiti culture mainly by those affiliated with Riddle’s teachings from the B2B crew. Today, Hypergothics is a practiced art system still mainly used by an assortment of traditional, Chicago artists such as Pierce Morgan, Tracy Weir, David Bolton and others. The system is known far more than its creator and some practitioners don’t even know where it came from. However, like traditional artists, more graffiti artists are practicing at least some aspects of the system by mere influence or direct knowledge. In May of 2001, Mark Reynolds and Derek Johnson marked the system as the official art philosophy of the worldwide organization called the Knights Templar.

Thanks
    Overall, a good start. Keep it up. Now for the crits (from my very limited knowledge)--this may seem harsh, so don't read it if you dont want to.
    The witch.The right hand is too small, the right forearm is too short The head and neck are too small, and be more confident in the face. It's okay to mess up. It looks like you erase a lot. It's a sketchbook, so you dont need to. Show your worst stuff as well as your best. The left foot and legs were already mentioned. For this drawing, I would almost suggest trying again, This time pick some random person, and sketch out their body. Use it as a base for the drawing. I think you will be impressed with the results.. You definitely have the skill and the control to become excellent. You just need practice.
    The male torso- I can't say much here, I'm no anatomy expert, however, a few of them looked too long. Try follow Autakis's advice about the internet anatomy books. Those should help.
    The hand- The hand is your best piece in here, I think. Very few flaws. I do suggest that you do the drawing straight from life. Draw what you see, not what you think should be there, or looks good.

General hints-- I advise you to work on your shading. Try practicing going from absolute black to absolute white.) I think there is an example in my thread) Also, try working on putting more contrast into your work. I have the same problem with that.

ABOVE ALL-- YOUR ART IS A GREAT START! DON'T GIVE UP! KEEP SKETCHING! KEEP PRACTICING! I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU NEXT POST- I HOPE TO SEE SOME NEW STUFF, AND I THINK THAT THERE WILL BE GREAT IMPROVEMENT!

Thanks
    This will come along graet and I look forward to se you improve. Do anatomy studies and you will gain a lott so keep up the good work. Listen to the good advise of other artists, not some copied part of a book, its the best way to get more out of your art. I like the start so I'll be expecting more.
    cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    back again!
    You ever get bored? I did at school, so I thought could I make a hideous creature. It's not mend to be correct in anatomy. guess you figured that yourselves.
    well Hit me!

Thanks
    just some stuff I found

sometimes I design my own clothes, here is one, I also made it.

--------------------------------
    If anyone of you can spare me a little jar of time, well thanks.
    and thanks for the reactions earlier on.
    well see ya.

Thanks
    he isobel, het is kleine wereld schijnbaar, aangezien ik 10 km verderop woon je hebt toffe spullen tot nu toe, ik zou zeggen, blijf veel werken op je anatomie.

ik weet niet of iemand je dit al heeft laten zien; www.saveloomis.org maar ik haal er in ieder geval tonnen aan handige informatie uit.

Thanks
    he isobel, het is kleine wereld schijnbaar, aangezien ik 10 km verderop woon je hebt toffe spullen tot nu toe, ik zou zeggen, blijf veel werken op je anatomie.

ik weet niet of iemand je dit al heeft laten zien; www.saveloomis.org maar ik haal er in ieder geval tonnen aan handige informatie uit.

Thanks
    Sommelsdijk hmmm geen idee hahaha..

leuke tekeningen heb je, de proporties van de lichamen zijn soms wat verkeerd. Ga inderdaad es wat loomis studies doen. Ik denk dat je tekeningen er een boel van opknappen. De creativiteit heb je wel volgens mij. En je bent nog jong of niet?

Thanks
    Hey no made up languages!

( haha jag skoja bara, holländska ser och låter helt sjukt, plus att vi andra inte fattar et skit av vad ni snackar om. Detta e skriver på svenska. DU har intressant början på din SB, lyd alla råd som du får, o då jävlar kommer det att hända grejer!)

Cheers Tim

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    haha, and that doesn't sound crazy?

harhar, translation in dutch;

haha, grapje, nederlands ziet en klinkt vreemd en niemand weet in vredesnaam waar je het over hebt. daarom heb ik dit in het Zweeds geschreven. Je hebt ene interessante start met je sb, luister naar het advies en dan wordt je vast goed.

and then he says dutch looks crazy, while he is talking with all these strange thingo's above his letters

edit; shouldn't you be updating by now isobel?

Thanks
    So first time on the computer for a drawing, never worked with anything like it so don't expect to much. Also I don't have a manual or anything.
    So here it is.

Thanks
    just some old stuff I found mostly fanart

Thanks
    more old stuff, some is mine some is fanart. I'm so happy I found a lost sketchbook!

Thanks
    isobel
    I will not tell u that your drawing are very-very preety
    but i see potential in you
    some of the above drawing are better than others
    I try 2 give u a bite of advice:
    1. smudge with the fingers is not good
    2. try 2 think te light in your images [from the left, fom the right]
    3. try 2 make a simple constructions of your drawings [lines that will guide you throught the drawing process]
    4. try 3 modulate the line within the drawings....a modulate line will give depth 2 that drawing
    o f course ...I could say: "yes ...vrerry pretty images"
    but we both know, that crtits is evolving
    and we both know that thrue friends is those who will tell you straight what is wrong or right.....
    if u are a speciall person, I know that you understant all of this....

Thanks

Smile eye for an eye

Thanks Vali, and yes critics are hard to live with but you learn a lot from them so why not appreciate them?

hope you all like it
    kisses Liz

Thanks
    Your work is coming along nicely. The eye's looks excelent. You should try to draw some eyes of differnt nationalities such as asian or african. Drawing differnt eye types can sometimes bring your image to life.

Thanks
    very nice eyes isobel - i recommend using those instead of those big lame anime eyes ... and uhm yes DRAW!

Thanks
    Hi Isobel, your doing really well, Im just gonna say what everyone else has said; study anatomy and draw lots of figures. Studying from the masters is great, because it can get you into good habits, show you how to get round problems and can be really interesting.

The eye studies you just did look great, when you draw those keep paying attention to the thickness of the lid, as you have done. Keep posting!!

If you always get up late, you'll never be on time --Broken Social Scene

Thanks

and so the nose....

Thanks

Smile

Thanks for all the replies!
    I already quit drawing the big eyes, those drawings that I did post are old.
    A challenge for real life drawing is bigger then anime, so I choose the first one. And I'm posting slowly now cause next week I have all these bloody tests(damn)

here some lips.

hope you like it
    Kisses Liz

Thanks
    thanks for stopping by my sb.

Great facial feature studies!! I love those eyes!!

keep up the drawing!

Thanks
    Hoipiepeloi,

I agree with what everyone already said, do more studies. Also your poses are stiff and not dynamic. Look at photographs or sipmly the people around you and observe their poses, try to copy that.
    Those studies of the eyes and nose and lips are very good! You handle the shadows very well, but they can use more midtones.

Don't use soft-edged brushes in Photoshop. It's a common mistake especially with people new to photoshop. I did it too..

Also try to do some full body drawings, just to get the proportions right. Don't be preoccupied with the details too soon. (It's tempting I know)

Vooral door blijven gaan en veel succes met je toetsen!
    En waar ligt Sommelsdijk eigenlijk in hemelsnaam?!?
    Groetjes!

P.S. Swedish is weirder than Dutch!

-I am my imaginary friend.

- omg ftw teh sketchbook -Updated 28-01-2005- w00t pwn3d

Thanks
    I think the practice your putting into the facial features is doing you good, Now seeing a actual drawing consisting of those very things your learning would be fun....
    draw draw draw, screw getting drunk, just draw!

Thanks
    wow, great improvements id say. keep at it

!!My New Animation Sketchbook!!

SSG #12: The Twelve Disciples
    25days-Penciler-OBX-Kresh-Flynn-Boogieman-Oki

Sponsor your own Animator, for only £1.25 a day. We can put an end to the suffering.
    Donations
    We accept most Credit cards, and food. Lots of food.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1