Sydney Sketchgroup is well underway, come join us! - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok so it's time to get back on this beautiful horse of ours and flog it until it's dead! This is my first 'official' Sydney Sketchmeet as organiser so you better all show up and make it a good one.

Time and date: Saturday, 2nd of October 2010 - from 10am - 4pm

Place to meet: Hyde Park, Sydney CBD at the Archibald Fountain (please see map).

What to bring; A sketchbook and something to doodle with.

Goal for the day: to Sketch (i have high goals).

The idea here is the same as always to get out of the house see other artists and get to know each other and at the same time sketch. We all need the fresh air (me more than some ) and we are all doodlers. Come, say hi to everyone, give us your name and start chatting and sketching away. I will do my best to make sure that everyone feels included, so sit close (no closer, closeeeeeeeeeeer) and feel free to start a conversation. Better yet ask to see people's sketchbooks and share yours.

We shall try and make it a one place sort of event for each sketchmeet. That gives stragglers the chance to know where we are no matter what time they show up. I like Hyde Park and particularly the area around the Archibald Fountain so from now on (or until it starts not really working for people) that will be our meeting place. If we decide to go somewhere else i will try out the idea of walking from there as a group but we can leave that for the next one (which i am hoping will be on the 6th of November).

There are plenty of cafes around and other interesting places for people to explore. Lots of people to draw and always plenty of interesting characters.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=ut...FeYb-_0d3UsDCQ

Extras: It might be cool if we can give the idea of coming up with a logo for the group another try. The more people the merrier so bring your friends.

Any questions, queries, suggestions don't hesitate to call me or email me.

Hope to see everyone there.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    missed it man, had really bad bronchitus

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys,

Some friends and I are heading out on a sketch meet round circular quay/rocks/botanical gardens/ wherever.

Feel free to join us.

When: 11am till whenever, 28th of November
    Where: Meet at starbucks circular quay
    Bring: Whatever you want, whoever you want, and of course a sketchbook and whatever you sketch with.

You can contact me on 0422493536, just let me know that you got my number from here so I dont think you're a stalker

Look forward to having you guys and girls there. Its going to be a great bunch of fun people, and we look forward to having a laugh and capture some of the gorgeous surroundings in this city of ours.

Peace

Nath

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm gonna be in on this one. It's been ages since I've been out for a sketchmeet or talked to any of you guys and seen what you're up to. It's also been way too long since I did some serious sketchbook stuff- need to get back into it.

I'm gonna ask a few of the people I went to art school with to come out for the day so hopefully there should be a couple of guys/girls available to get some sketch action happening.

With this weather it should be perfect!

Sydney artist Luke Marcatili

"Fear is the mindkiller..."
    - The Litany Against Fear

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Would love to come if I can make it. Until then, does anyone here attend the lifedrawing sessions at The Arthouse Hotel?

it's not the end that matters but the journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CYpherium Project

Hey guys if anyones interested here in sydney, I'm working on a UDK game working title Cypherium and always interested in people who want to work on hobbiest/indie FPS games.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey peeps!

Just letting you know this is still going ahead Sunday (28/11/10). Some friends and I are going to meet up at 11am at Starbucks before heading out. If it rains Im tempted just to cafe hop with coffees and sketch passer-byers or surrounds as we sit under shelter. Its going to be a fun day

Anwyays, hope you all can come. My number is 0422493536. See you there

Peace

Nath

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey nath there is an art exhibition on at the sydney mechanics school of arts (pitt st) around 3-4 of the julian ashton art school. There should be some good stuff there! I can't make it I'm snowed under and working like crazy right now, but there are plenty of great artists and people there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fb...80602165287529

Heyas on the 21st of Dec Sauna club: sydney organized by Paul Abstruce http://www.paulabstruse.daportfolio.com/ is having a dinner and going to see the movie tron.

Come along and join us, the movie starts at 7pm, meet in china town; cnr of Dixon Street and Little hay Street in hay market @ 5:30pm for a feed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, alright, alright all you art fiends, hope you all had a nice holiday and that you are enjoying your time back at work.

Now it's time to get the Sydney Sketchmeet Group back together and to make it a regular thing. So, for this year all sketchmeets are scheduled for the 2nd Saturday of every month. Each month will hopefully be a different place and i am going to try my best to see how many different things we can attempt, like possibly doing a life drawing day, maybe even a day out of sydney at places like the blue mountains or something - who knows, it's a new year, new attitude and it's all fun and games.

To re-iterate: Sketchmeets every 2nd Saturday of the month. How does that sound?

First up is The Rocks on the 12th of February, since it seems to be a favourite for people (if memory serves me right). We'll meet at the Museum of Contemporary Art, At Circular Quay (that's I9 on the map) between 9.30 - 10am

Link to the map (that hopefully works).
    http://www.therocks.com/content/libr...D4EF34C2A9.pdf

People please remember to slip, slop, slap with this heat around and bring water and money to buy more.

Don't forget you sketchbooks and your favourite medium and let's kick this year off to some great drawing shall we?

PS:
    For those interested later in the day/night there is a gathering of comic creators at Strattons Hotel, corner of Liverpool and Castlereigh st in the city, from 8pm - 11pm.
    Sydney, Australia

Cheers,

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sydney Sketchmeet 15

Hey there art lovers,

Sorry for leaving this reminder about this weeks sketchmeet so late. The details for the Iron Fest idea are below but i have only had 3 interested people so i don't think it's happening. Unfortunately i happen to be going anyway which means you guys will have to go about Sydney without me.

So the alternate plan is:

Sketchmeet 15 - The Church and The Gallery

When: 14th May, 2011

Where: The Art Gallery of NSW and St. Mary's Cathedral

Time: Meet at the steps of St. Mary's Cathedral at 10am for a couple of hours of architecture drawing. I love the look of this building and it has some very nice features both outside and inside and there are plenty of other cool buildings around.

Between 12pm and 1pm start heading off to the gallery (you may want to grab something to eat or drink before) and go do some master studies, check out the Archibald, draw some of the sculptures from different angles and basically immerse yourself in art.

If someone who knows they are going to be there wants to put their hand up to leave their details so they can be the 'base camp' person for a day then please. These things always work best when someone can always be reached to so that late comers can get some info.

If by any chance there is a late rush of people wanting to go to Iron Fest let me know. We are driving up but, if there is a large group of people i am still willing to train it up. Otherwise i can take up to four people with me.

If you ARE coming, do not forget your warm clothes and your digital camera with lots of memory space. It is a perfect opportunity to build up your reference library.

Sydney Sketchmeet 15 - IRON FEST

When: 14th May, 2011
    http://www.ironfest.com.au/

Where: Lithgow Showground
    http://www.ironfest.net/getting-here

How: Well i thought we could all take the train together From Central station to Lithgow is 3 hrs, with a half hr walk to the Showground.
    Plenty of time for chatting and doing some drawing on the train of people (ie each other)
    Tickets from Central Station are: http://www.cityrail.info/tickets/fare_calculator.htm

Why: I for one have had fun there in the past 2 years but as an artist the amount of reference that you just never have a chance to come across in any other day, in real life and in person, is crazy. Jousting, sword fighting, archery, batles, armour, costumes...
    http://www.ironfest.net/program-2011
    http://www.ironfest.com.au/images2010.html

Plus it's just plain different than what we have done before and it's a great way to hang out with other artists.

Time: Considering the time it takes to get there and back, and the money that it costs to get in as well as transport, it would only be worth it to do a whole day of it. So we would have to leave central station really early (like, REALLY early), sometime before 7am to get there and have time to walk and get the most out of the show. The show starts at around 10am i think.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Argh, I need to check this thread more often. I would have loved to have gone to Ironfest and the last sketchmeet. I'm on holidays for the next 7 weeks now, so is there one coming up anytime soon? I'd love to go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Karein keep your eyes and ears open one coming up in 2 weeks. Send me an email to comixnut at gmail dot com if you want to be put on the mailing list. Cheers.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sydney Sketchmeet 16 - A cool character

When: 11th of June, saturday (2nd sat of every month)
    Where: Town Hall steps, cbd
    Time: 10am - 4 pm
    Task: To draw the coolest character of the day (we shall start posting our drawings up on a blog from here on). We get to see lots of people around the city so it can either be someone you've seen, either with lots of flair and personality or with a little twist, or just something brand new. Just make it cool!
    What to bring: Sketchbook, stuff to draw with (anything you want), maybe some sun protection, a kilt (commando style), clown shoes, gas mas.... ok ok, just testing to see if you are actually reading this.

Sorry it's so late but been rather busy. Next month we may go to a cemetery, watcha think?

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think a cemetary would be rather neat, I would love to go looking at some old headstones. I've sent you an email so I can finally keep up with the sketchmeets

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, I've just moved from Melbourne to Sydney... I went pretty regularly to the Melbourne one and enjoyed it I was just wondering if this Sydney one is still going?

Is it now the "Sydney Sketchmeet" on facebook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wouldn't mind finding that out as well actually. i've been looking for a decent group around town.

Sketchbook

Support Group:
    jtaart | mrianna | Kashmir

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, Sydney Sketchmeet is the Facebook page - PJ's (aka comixnut) outfit, which is a once a month type of deal.
    Arthouse Hotel do weekly life drawings at $4 for 2 hour sessions.

Sydney has a lot of bends and curves to arrest the imagination, so keep your handy camera locked and loaded - A lot of references to be had.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy New Year to you all!

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling even better. Taking a break from trying hard to make some concrete new year's resolutions that have a chance of becoming a reality to let you peeps know that we are back on this Sat (the Sat of the third full weekend of the month -say it with me people, sing it loud and sing it true).

This month, i think we should kick off the year by making some new friends!
    So we'll head off to The Sydney Botanical Gardens for the 38th Worldwide Sketchcrawl:
    http://www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/vie...39158a9e514326

I think the plan is to meet at the Pavillion on the Park Restaurant and Kiosk at 10am:
    https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=th...ed=0CAsQ_AUoAA

For the regulars to our group you can meet us all there, or you can meet us at the Sydney Town Hall steps, and we'll depart at 9:30 am sharp. It's a nice walk we can chat and catchup and get in some early morning walking!

So (TL;DR):

When:19th Sat Jan
    Where: Sydney Town Hall steps, walking down to Sydney Botanical Gardens
    When: 9am, leaving at 9:30am sharp
    Who: all the cool artists! (just seeing if you are paying attention!

Email or call if you have any questions!
    See you on Sat,

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this group still going?