Sketchbook: Icon is fabulously sketchy!![May 27 2009 update!]

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon is fabulously sketchy!![May 27 2009 update!]

Some quick facts:
    I was born on Halloween , and I am 23 years old.
    I'm currently enrolled in the CA Atelier and loving it. :P .

Note that Newer images are in the last pages (of course it depens on your thread viewing preferences .)
    :D

Just a random unfinished sketch. I usually can't help myself and paint a few highlights digitally.

Quick 10 minute concept. I had fun digitally too. =/

it's a foot!!!!!!

Hooray for woman power...yeah.. Did this one on my way back from Siggraph, no ref ( just in case the horror would not give it away, har)

pen practice of hands. no ref.

a pig! and the crowd rejoices!!

quick study from real life. i must improve my muscle work!

20 minute sketch. no ref.

I will promise to scan more and more, as time passes ( hopefully will have an actual painting..or.. semi-painting because then it would not be considered a sketch. hah! ) I am in the process of moving from hole in the wall A, to hole in the wall B. ( The joyous life of a student!). So that might slow down the process of posting but I'll be sure to come here often. It's about time I overcome my shyness. :D

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Icon; May 27th, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your use of white on the toned backgrounds is really effective! Are the backgrounds toned digitally too? Do you ever sketch on toned paper with white chalk/conte crayon/etc for a similar effect? (because the digital highlights look very natural)

I'm also really impressed with your hand sketches, they are very dynamic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welcome to the boards! you have some really nice stuff here, i mostly like the hand studies, they're damn dynamic!
    keep it coming!

sawa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wertle: Yeah the highlights are all digital. I've have worked on colored paper with conte, chalk, and pastel.. but iit was a long time a go, so maybe i should pick it up again, ne? Thank you very much for the thoughts, they are very appreciated!

Sawa: Thank you very much.. hands are kind of rouch, but i love how expressive they can be. I'll try to post as much as i possibly can. thank you.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great no-ref stuff. It's a real challenge, and you're pulling it off well. It's great to see a variety of subjects, though I'll be looking forward to seeing more color and perhaps some paint.

Congrats on the new sb, it looks like this will be a real winner.

-Craig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, You knocked me off my feet. What a beautiful work! Foot! Hands! Woman back! Pig! Mistic! Foot again! Foot again! Foot again!
    I need to lay down.
    Thank you so much
    Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd liek to see some of your highlights done by hand, the digital effetc is nice... but digital. Keep drawing cute girls!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here is a small batch of drawings. Once again done in pencil, and some highlighted digitally to refine the quick sketch.

men on parrots are just cool...

this one was a quick drawing. To this moment I'm not too sure why I added the halo and wings it just sort-of happened.

This one I will eventually turn into a painting. It was inspired by the many hands I did earlier. The crappy soft lights are just a very early reminder of my lights

For my next sessions I intend to work on real media, if my wallet aproves of it.Thank you very much to everyone that suggested this, and inspired me to work even harder.

Last edited by Icon; April 5th, 2006 at 01:35 AM.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Craig: Thank you for your comments. Hopefully I'll be able to put some colors on my next batch of drawings. And paints...man I am dying to get enough space to be able to paint... that and money. I want to try oils on pannel

Sve: thank you. Ah so much motivation

Blue Mech: I know. I get tired of digital sometimes, don't get me wrong, it is such an useful tool and very good, but you tend to loose feeling upon how things truly react and are aplied. I'll try and see if for my next batch, i can come up with more real media, rather than digital. Thank you for your comment as well.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey.. you have some really good stuff here... nice and varied.... the compostion on the weird eyed dude is really good.. and teh chick with the hammer rocks hard man... post more!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are fantastic! Love the girl with the plants especially! Keep posting!

leave me some love
    Lookin for critiques

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love the way you draw the smiles. dont forget to at least suggest some settings. those could help to suggest a time,culture, etc and can really help say something extra about the figure.

aq

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn im impressed with your hand studies...and without reference too? Shoot. I can't draw hands for beans....feet too. I'm trying to improve on that aspect. It makes a heck of alot of difference in ur drawings if u can draw hands and feet well. Keep us updated with new stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ah it makes me happy to know people are watching and sending comments. I am very grateful to all of you.

Vigostar: Thanks, man! My apartment caught on fire though, so I won't be able to post anything for a long while, but as soon as i can i definetly will!

Red Goblin: Thank you! I guess the same should be said here.

Antquin: Ah yes, I need to stop being so very lazy and do a little bit more elaborate concepts, even if they are sketches. I'll attempt some more sketches with this in mind. Thank you.

A_J_M: Yeah, agreed. I am still trying to memorize hands and feet to perfection. They do really make the difference, since it adds a lot of personality. And i really would dislike being the artist that hides hands because they can't do them.. but thank you for your comment, it is very motivating

Thank you again all of you. it makes me very happy. Take care and I'll attempt to post as soon as I get everything sorted out.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very interesting update. Figures look less constrained because you used different longer lines. Wonder how your drawings will look with very fast loose lines. My favorite are second(the worm) and the forth. On the worm I like how you did the volume and the texture of its skin (wet and slippery). On the last one I like figure, expression of the face, general mood and this unusual lovely pattern, design of interweaved hands.
    Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it's been a while since i last posted. I originally wanted to over saturate this threads with small doodles and more, but it's apparent that it wont be anytime soon. Especially recently, I finally decided to paint in oils. Yes, "EGAD" is correct!!! in my 19 years of life, i have yet to try out this god-like (or so i hear) medium. I have to admit it's very fun, and I can't wait until i try out a few techniques I have been hearing about!

Now all i need is a good camera so i can share with you all the embarassment that is my first oil paintings! insanity!

Anyhow, today I shall post only two "small" images from the same ginormous painting. I would post it all in it's entirety but my client is a little "iffy" about it. So anyways here it is. Please enjoy for it is all I have to offer, for a good while anyways... or until i find a good camera

i had fun making these creatures. No ref ( that might explain a few problems here and there. whoops)

The first time i create a creature of this sorts....well not really, but with skin texture like that yes.

I hope you all enjoy it and have a good one. Until next time !

p.s. SVE:Ah, i am very glad you enjoyed those pieces. Thank you for your comments and time....and dude.. what does Svetta Duvetta mean? ( maybe it's an inner joke..or maybe i'm just ignorant..either way curiosity bites me)

Last edited by Icon; April 5th, 2006 at 01:36 AM.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Iconophobian!

You started oils, that's great!

I'm only planning to, just gathering everything together.

So you started and immediately began to experiment a lot with textures (rocks, skin, clouds), light, shades, density of paint. Interesting. Well, I like your results with light and textures. Wonder how you did this glowing effect.
    About my name Sveta Dudetta.
    Well, it was just Sveta at first, but later like old ship is overgrown with barnacles with age, I started to change in this fantasy creature Sveta Dudetta. It has hunched back and broken straws in its entangled hair . It's an old softy with love to detective books .

Now tell me, Iconophobian, why are you afraid of religious images .
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 20th, 2005 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well i've gotta say i can't wait to see that painting w/ all the hands! i hope you haven't dropped it. and the chick w/ the goggles at top is pretty sweet.

sorry about the apt, hope you get to post more now!
    -apollo

Those who make religion their god will not have God for their religion.

Thomas Erskine

Crit for a Crit: My Online Sketchbook of Super Power Fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, no post but just a quick hello, and thank you for your posts. I've been working hard on oils, and cannot wait to get a camera. I also was working on sketches for the dragon thread , but sadly my computer decided to go blue screen on me , so for now it is lost ( oh the woes of digital works). Aside from that my top priorities are hiding from Wilma ( holy jeebus!) and moving. So there will be a noticeable decline on post and I apologize dearly for it.

SVE: Svetta Dudetta, I cannot help but to think of dudette , and I’m sorry lol. I would like to know more of this person/character. Hopefully images, if I may.
    And yes, you should try oils out as soon as possible. It amazes me how forgiving it is. (Especially coming from a watercolor/ acrylics background)
    And who told you I was afraid of religious images?? Blasphemy! Whoever told you that deceived you! lol. I just thought it would make an interesting name... as its definition also applies to fear of overall images or art... just a simple-minded attempt to be witty or moronic... either one works well.

ApolloNuevo: Ever wanted to do a painting so bad, but work, school and life just holds you by the nads and says “Woah! You can't do that! You have 9124982875893 other things to do!!!" Yes, exactly that is what I mean. There is much woe in me, but hopefully by this Christmas vacation I will have that glorified time to myself, and it shall be grand. Thank you for your post and your condolences. I will try my hardest to bring more art to the table......or forum.

Well until next time. Hopefully I will come back with loads of art! and the crowds rejoice (wooo!)

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

From The Peeper's Corner (hurricane fun!)

Well ladies and gentlemen after a long arduous hurricane, my electricity is finally back on (after a whopping 2 weeks and 5 days!) and life can finally start getting somewhat normal! I have drawn a lot, so here are a few updates!

quick animal sketch from a book. I want to go to a zoo!

And yet another quick sketch.

more horses with spaniards on them! spaniards with lack of hands and feet!! the shame!

Quick sketch of sports people. So quick in fact I messed up a lot.

orcs and monsters. So much fun!

A concept idea for a painting I would like to do later on.

This piece was created the next day after the hurricane. I tried making something a bit more different than usual and that was the outcome.

this is a pre-hurricane painter work, back when there were lights and joy. His hat is a bit off, but here it is anyways.

Well now with things settling down more, I hope to continue updates on a more frequent basis. Thank you all who keep looking out for the works and take their time to post!

that fat kid: Thanks! Next time I turn a drawing into a digital piece i'll keep you in mind , so hopefully soon, i'll show you some stuff!

Last edited by Icon; April 5th, 2006 at 01:39 AM.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that fat kid: hurricanes are definetly not fun. It's hard to draw at night since it's done by candle light or flashlights, and my drawing times are usually at night. :/ it's not very fun. But things being quiet and being able to see the sky at night was kind of nice.

I really wanna turn that piece into a painting but im not too sure of color composition, or technique, so I would need some thinking on it. Once I start my christmas break i'll work on it. any suggestions ??

quick update: I'm learning flash! it's fun! so better, bigger, uh badder? website coming soon! woo!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quick update: hey guys ( if anyone still comes up to see) I just wanted to say that , i've been working very very hard , hurricane damage, and finals have got me up 24/7, so im quite sorry for the lacks of sketches, As soon as things settle , i'll be back with a vengeance! Or something like that.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey its all good man
    nice sketches, got skillz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. After almost 3 months i come back from my hole.
    I must say i did miss this place, but when you have no access to internet , well there's not much posting you can do.
    Today my time is limited, so i have a rather small batch of art, i must admit, however, that i have had a recent lack of determination. I think i reached a point in which every artist asks themselves "am i good enough to survive on this?". I looked around and saw people that are light years away from me, people that grasps concepts and form so easily that it can be overwhelming. So i doubted myself for a long time, until i realized, that my first job in a cafeteria, i was fired the first two days... and seriously i have no other skills, i am as useless as they come.. So it's do or die,folks!!

Here are a couple of things from my sketch book. I've been painting a lot, especially for entries to the society of illustrators and expose. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my entry, but as soon as I can i'll post up a couple of shots from it.

anyway enough babble, here goes.

pen sketches. I drew this as i watched the first reports on the riots in Lebanon over that Danish cartoon. The power of art is a frightening thing.

A quick pen sketch of my lucious boyfriend??

This was a life drawing sketch. Reworked a little on photoshop.

A sketch i did in the middle of a very very boring class. Ah how I lack attention spans.

An unfinished concept. I wish to add more skulls on his chest at some point.

Well that is it for my dailies. Hopefully i will be able to post more sketchs, maybe even some paintings ( if again, can be done in this thread.).

I hope you all enjoy them and please keep coming back!.

(also, if you wish here is my website. it's under construction but hey, something is something!
    http://stu.aii.edu/~ko0914 )

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your SSG comment You have an excellent sense of form and line, everything is very full and lively. I'd love to see more life drawings, both quick gestures and rendered pieces.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are quite large!

An idea for a warrior of some sorts. I drew this thinking of a japanese type of rpg which explains the anime face. reguardless i loved doing this.

a 20 minute digital sketch, for a animation short.( his arm is off, i know)

darkworlfb87: Why thank you. I'll see if i can do a scan-a-thon.

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the idea's in your concept images has given me a few thoughts to play around with, also i'll join the que of people eager to see they multi hand image turned into a painting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome! I'd really like to see the painting with the shadow creatures and the mountains, if it's ever possible to post. That guy with the tree-tie is cool too, sorta surreal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow dude! first of let me tell you that I love this sketch: http://67.15.131.24/~hkamix12//drawi...0and%20bot.jpg so very very much. Secondly, are all those hands drawn from your head? amazing if so, you seem to really have that down quite perfectly One crit though, I think that you may be over emphasing reflected light in your life drawings too much and they look metallic as a result...
    Cool stuff anyway, looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a 40 minute drawing from life. I usually do better but i haven't had the pleasure to draw from life lately.

Monny:thank you. I am actually working on it the multiple hands one. Painting it, well as I type?? I will post it here as soon as I am done.

LukeTores: Ah , as soon as the book publishes i'll be able to show the painting here. And thank you, I am glad you enjoy the painting with the man's tie, i've been sending it to ballistic and other places. I am keeping my finger's crossed.

Archipelago:Ah yes, most of what i draw is from mind. I need to make more observations, especially on muscles, but i guess I am too stuborn.
    Very interesting observation. I'd never think of them being metallic until you mentioned it. Thanks! I'll keep it in mind next time I do another life drawing!

thank you everyone! I greatly appreciate your comments and critiques!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1